What was done to your rig this week?

Christarp

Finally got around to finishing my license plate bracket for my evo tire carrier! Includes brake lights, reverse lights (well, indicators), and license plate lights. You can also mount other lights on top of it, for say some rigids or something. Pretty happy with how it came out for a first welding project! Some of my holes aren't lined up too well for the LEDs which kinda sucks but my drill press vibrates all over the place, it's junk!

Attachments

• IMG_0555.jpg
    IMG_0555.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_0557.jpg
    IMG_0557.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 440
  • IMG_0550.jpg
    IMG_0550.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 443

compton94

First installment of Plastidip for my top. Need to wait for the rain to go away and get a large enough place to do the back.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using WAYALIFE mobile app

GCM 2

That might work but my sheet metal is bent farther up too so I just moved them. I need longer bumpstops I think. :idontknow:

Not now that the sheet metal is bent. :yup: Mine is like that too. Need wider axles. :thumb:

I think both of you should just run 33" tires, no rubbing, no bending of sheet metal when "flexed out"......you know 33"s are the new 40"s :yup:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I think both of you should just run 33" tires, no rubbing, no bending of sheet metal when "flexed out"......you know 33"s are the new 40"s :yup:

I need more lift for 33's. I'm at 4.5" right now and I read on the internet that you need at least 6" to run 33's.

MTG

Caught the Bug

I was thinking about going with some 15" 50 spoke wheels and some low profile white walls. :yup:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I've seen a bunch of pictures of where others mount the front lights, including the WOL write-up but where do people mount the rear lights and how do you run the relay wires?

--rccrwlr

Four doors mount then in different places then the two doors. My rear lights are connected to the e brake cable on the tub above the rear axle and the other is attached to the evap. Mine aren't run through a relay.

Ldogg

I made some paracord zipper pulls for my Trektop NX. Much easier to close especially that rear window! Made from 2 - 2' sections of paracord each. Instructions below.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398661038.498419.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398661047.547491.jpg

Here is how you make the top loop. You then start the cobra weave and repeat till you finish at your desired length.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398661058.734614.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398661067.833542.jpg

Rccrwlr

Four doors mount then in different places then the two doors. My rear lights are connected to the e brake cable on the tub above the rear axle and the other is attached to the evap. Mine aren't run through a relay.

Thanks for the info. Understood about the 2-4 doors. My question is really about running the wires from the engine bay to the rear lights. Prob need to just crawl under and figure it out I just though if someone knew of an easy way.

--rccrwlr

Top Bottom