What's in your humidor?

JKCRWLR

Ok, here we go. Lighting up an Enclave for myself.
I'll come back with my comments & remarks shortly.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449272552.939357.jpg

Petthefish

I'm sure you will enjoy it I dipped into the AJ Fernandez bank again tonight this time a New World Connecticut. Spicy and nutty smoke ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449282593.294638.jpg

Petthefish

I woke up this morning to work on some stuff and what a better way to way up then with a Crowned Heads Jericho Hill. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449331102.886126.jpg

JKCRWLR

Ok, here we go. Lighting up an Enclave for myself.
I'll come back with my comments & remarks shortly.
View attachment 176120

Follow up:

Good cigar, nice draw to it. Definitely a full flavored smoke with lots of spice to it.

Sorry Petthefish, but I am not in love with it.
I would never turn one down if offered to me that's for sure.

Petthefish

Everyone's taste are different for sure I love a full body kick your arse cigar. This afternoons smoke is a La Aurora Doble Maduro. Yes it's spelled Doble lol ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449357817.469412.jpg

JKCRWLR

Got a 10 pack of Kentucky Fire Cured and a pack of Oliva Master Blend's today. Think I'm going to fire up the Kentucky Fired and a beer in a moment.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449636006.941152.jpg

RedRum

Yea I have been right around 62% I have about 8 cheap cigars that I smoke At work that I don't care if I drop or what not and also I was told to hold about half of the capacity at all times

espi

Yea I have been right around 62% I have about 8 cheap cigars that I smoke At work that I don't care if I drop or what not and also I was told to hold about half of the capacity at all times

Did you season the humidor?

JKCRWLR

Check out Boveda packs they have worked extremely well for me.

I usually use the 72% packs.

You may need an extra pack in the winter depending on the humidity in your house.

I agree, Boveda Humipacks are the best for small/medium humidors. They are super easy to use, you unwrap them and throw them in your humidor, they can even touch the cigars directly, it won't hurt them.
They work to either remove or add moisture to stay at exactly their advertised RH.
They feel like pouches with water in them when they are working and turn rigid and will thin out when it's time to replace.

Also do yourself a favor and buy their humidor tune-up kit

http://www.bovedainc.com/store/tobacco/winter-humidor-tune-kit/

And their 72% packs

http://www.bovedainc.com/store/tobacco/boveda-60g/

The tune-up kit will get your humidor seasoned the right way and your hygrometer calibrated. You may think that you are at 66% but in reality you could be 70% or 58%. You really don't know until you calibrate your hygrometer.

Also, ditch the puck humidifier and any other source of humidity as all it will do is fight the Boveda packs.

I know this seems like a lot of work and expense but you will truly find that it's a lot like your Jeep, a little bit of expense and work and you get to enjoy something awesome. Don't take care of it and you will drive/smoke a beater.

Enjoy!

espi

I agree, Boveda Humipacks are the best for small/medium humidors. They are super easy to use, you unwrap them and throw them in your humidor, they can even touch the cigars directly, it won't hurt them.
They work to either remove or add moisture to stay at exactly their advertised RH.
They feel like pouches with water in them when they are working and turn rigid and will thin out when it's time to replace.

Also do yourself a favor and buy their humidor tune-up kit

http://www.bovedainc.com/store/tobacco/winter-humidor-tune-kit/

And their 72% packs

http://www.bovedainc.com/store/tobacco/boveda-60g/

The tune-up kit will get your humidor seasoned the right way and your hygrometer calibrated. You may think that you are at 66% but in reality you could be 70% or 58%. You really don't know until you calibrate your hygrometer.

Also, ditch the puck humidifier and any other source of humidity as all it will do is fight the Boveda packs.

I know this seems like a lot of work and expense but you will truly find that it's a lot like your Jeep, a little bit of expense and work and you get to enjoy something awesome. Don't take care of it and you will drive/smoke a beater.

Enjoy!

Agreed, I also like having a decent digital hygrometer.

I have two of the caliber III's.
I think they are on caliber IV's now.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JX...hygrometer&dpPl=1&dpID=41GqdR07-zL&ref=plSrch

JKCRWLR

Yes, digital all the way. I have the ones that Boveda sell and they work great as well.
I'll have to do a write up on the monitoring station I have for my humidors. Pretty cheap and works great.

WJCO

Meme King
^Good-flavored cigar with a mildly easy draw. Good aroma too. I will say, this is the 2nd my father cigar that I've had trouble keeping it lit. Along with that, a fellow at the poker table next to me had the same problem with one of his. Not sure what would cause that.

Top Bottom