What's in your humidor?

JKCRWLR

Going to try an E.P. Carrillo "Dark Rituals".
Will report back shortly.

Not a bad cigar. Good draw, burns even, the aroma is a bit strong but the flavor is medium at best.
I was surprised at how even the cigar burned for not being rolled very well. I could feel pretty large gaps in the filler/binder. Despite that the wrapper is nearly vein free. Smoke it if you got it, accept it as a gift but reach for something better if you are buying.

Godspeed409

That's a nice humidor what is it like 100 plus capacity? Couple of my favorite sticks in there. I just ordered some of the undercrown shade the other day along with MUWAT and other goodies.

Thanks. It says it holds 300 but it's honestly like 150-175 at best.

This is a love it or hate it smoke, but I really like it. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450159797.616385.jpg

JKCRWLR

beautiful box brother

Yes, very nice humidor.
How is it doing at keeping the humidity?

You might find that you will need to add about four or five more of the Boveda's to help keep your smokes at the RH you're going for.
Wood always seems to suck up most of the initial moisture, especially so if not seasoned.

JKCRWLR

Just thoroughly enjoyed an Alec Bradley Pensado Churchill Corojo.

Great smooth smoke from beginning to end.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450220209.216652.jpg

Godspeed409

Yes, very nice humidor.
How is it doing at keeping the humidity?

You might find that you will need to add about four or five more of the Boveda's to help keep your smokes at the RH you're going for.
Wood always seems to suck up most of the initial moisture, especially so if not seasoned.

Thank you.

It has 6 boveda 72's they just got cropped from the pic. I seasoned it for about 72 hours with distilled water. It's been sitting at 68-69% on the digital but it's been super cold here.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450403857.260868.jpg

These have been great and not super pricey. I got a fiver of the New World Connecticut in the corona gorda. I'm not a big Connecticut fan but in that size it's a fantastic anytime smoke that doesn't taste like a tube of hot air. Lots of flavor.

Last edited:

JKCRWLR

Thank you.

It has 6 boveda 72's they just got cropped from the pic. I seasoned it for about 72 hours with distilled water. It's been sitting at 68-69% on the digital but it's been super cold here.

View attachment 178432

These have been great and not super pricey. I got a fiver of the New World Connecticut in the corona gorda. I'm not a big Connecticut fan but in that size it's a fantastic anytime smoke that doesn't taste like a tube of hot air. Lots of flavor.

Glad to hear about the F55's, I've got to get around to trying the ones I have.

You should be golden with 6 Humipak's in there.

Petthefish

Ok JKCRWLR twisted my arm so I made a cigar run. I think I heard angels sing when I opened the box. They smell amazing.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450473289.412534.jpg

While I was out I picked up a few La Aurora Ruby Tubes Maduro perfecto awesomeness (smoking one right now).
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450473414.319159.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450473427.487753.jpg

And being Christmas you can go to the cigar store without getting some OpusX love
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450473443.554722.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450473457.687753.jpg

Also I picked up some advanced warfare and a box of Crux cigars Bull and Bear. I'm set for a bit lol

Hope y'all don't hate me lol. I love Christmas bonuses

Godspeed409

Ok JKCRWLR twisted my arm so I made a cigar run. I think I heard angels sing when I opened the box. They smell

While I was out I picked up a few La Aurora Ruby Tubes Maduro perfecto awesomeness (smoking one right now).

And being Christmas you can go to the cigar store without getting some OpusX love

Also I picked up some advanced warfare and a box of Crux cigars Bull and Bear. I'm set for a bit lol

Damn. Nice haul! I can't find any OpusX here... The B&M's in my area either don't carry it or are completely out. [emoji30]

Godspeed409

Powerhouse of a smoke. Nice aroma but a bit stonger than I like. Lots of pepper with a long dry finish. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450741037.752677.jpg
Going to let these rest for awhile before I smoke another.

Last edited:

JKCRWLR

Ok JKCRWLR twisted my arm so I made a cigar run. I think I heard angels sing when I opened the box. They smell amazing.

All I can say is WOW! That and where do I apply for a job with a Christmas bonus that can afford all of that?
My Christmas bonus was "alright, you get to work through the holiday".

Very nice selection indeed. And I'll take the blame for turning someone on to a box of Series V's all day long, they truly deserved to be the 2014 #1 cigar.

I hope everyone has a terrific holiday and is able to find some time in this hectic holiday season to sit for a bit with your favorite spirit and smoke and actually enjoy what the days are all about to you.
Happy holidays everyone!

Top Bottom