What's in your humidor?

JKCRWLR

^Good-flavored cigar with a mildly easy draw. Good aroma too. I will say, this is the 2nd my father cigar that I've had trouble keeping it lit. Along with that, a fellow at the poker table next to me had the same problem with one of his. Not sure what would cause that.

The Centurion is a nice cigar.

Problem with keeping it lit could be too much moisture or a poorly rolled cigar.
Maduro's tend to burn better with a lower humidity level, around 62 - 66% RH.

Calibrate your hygrometer and place it in different parts of your humidor if you only have one and keep your Maduro's in the least humid area.

Petthefish

^Good-flavored cigar with a mildly easy draw. Good aroma too. I will say, this is the 2nd my father cigar that I've had trouble keeping it lit. Along with that, a fellow at the poker table next to me had the same problem with one of his. Not sure what would cause that.

loose roll and maybe not enough Ligero in the mix the ligero tobacco is what keeps the cherry it also if the roll is to loose or the humidity is to high the burn will be hard to keep going.

Todays smoke was a Crux Bull & Bear such a great smoke

WJCO

Meme King
The Centurion is a nice cigar.

Problem with keeping it lit could be too much moisture or a poorly rolled cigar.
Maduro's tend to burn better with a lower humidity level, around 62 - 66% RH.

Calibrate your hygrometer and place it in different parts of your humidor if you only have one and keep your Maduro's in the least humid area.

Thank for the tip. I'll look in to it.

loose roll and maybe not enough Ligero in the mix the ligero tobacco is what keeps the cherry it also if the roll is to loose or the humidity is to high the burn will be hard to keep going.

Todays smoke was a Crux Bull & Bear such a great smoke

Thanks. You guys basically said the same thing.

WJCO

Meme King
What's the easiest way to calibrate your hygrometer? When I first got it, I had instructions, but can't find them now. And lately, the needle has been stuck in one place but I haven't added any water in about a month, so I assume it is not reading right. I usually had to add a couple drops of water every week or two depending on needle reading.

JKCRWLR

What's the easiest way to calibrate your hygrometer? When I first got it, I had instructions, but can't find them now. And lately, the needle has been stuck in one place but I haven't added any water in about a month, so I assume it is not reading right. I usually had to add a couple drops of water every week or two depending on needle reading.

Easiest way is using Boveda's calibration kit. Works awesome.

http://www.bovedainc.com/store/tobacco/calibration/

WJCO

Meme King
Exactly! Both the Boveda and the salt test are the ways to go. I like the hygrometers that I got from Boveda as it is adjustable. And don't be fooled, digital does not equal accurate right out of the box.

Mine is adjustable. Salt test going on as we speak. I agree as easy as digital is, I'm careful with digital everything. Either way, as long as I have a rough idea with my analog, I can ensure a rough baseline to go back to

Petthefish

How did the salt test come out? Today's smoke is a Pinar Del Rio Oscuro Liga Cubana #2 gotta smoke while I do my daily bible study. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449788695.708927.jpg

Top Bottom