WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

Ran the wiring tonight for the ARB compressor. Having this Jeep bed-lined with no carpet saved a ton of time. Fastest I've ever ran wire all the way back. Looks like from one of the pics, I missed a spot, I'll have to go back and hide that. Nothing is hot right now, I just laid it in place. Once I get all the parts and look at sizes of everything, I'll finish it up. I'm hoping compressor gets here this week. And I also ordered my STT Pros today! Excited about getting those on.

View attachment 206025

View attachment 206026

View attachment 206027

nice man! looks good. will be nice to have it all hooked up...can't wait to hear how it pumps. congrats on the tires!

WJCO

Meme King
I should have known better, but I got 'had' by buying some cheaper ebay wiring. I am getting ready to run my wiring to the back of the Jeep for my ARB compressor. I wanted 2 gauge, but as you can see I did not receive it.

View attachment 205975

Since the wiring is clearly a fraud, I may just stick with the 4 gauge. I think I'll be fine. I'm running an inline 350amp circuit breaker anyway just to be safe. I'm working with the ebay seller on a refund.

Following up on this issue: The seller responds (paraphrase): "Sorry. I'll check with the manufacturer. I'm pretty sure it's 2 gauge because I bought 2 gauge cables from other sellers on ebay and our product was better and thicker. We paid as 2 gauge as well."

Well, sorry Mr. Better and Thicker. You didn't get what you paid for either it looks like.

Sounds like he is going to work with me though, so that's good.

JeepJeep75

Following up on this issue: The seller responds (paraphrase): "Sorry. I'll check with the manufacturer. I'm pretty sure it's 2 gauge because I bought 2 gauge cables from other sellers on ebay and our product was better and thicker. We paid as 2 gauge as well."

Well, sorry Mr. Better and Thicker. You didn't get what you paid for either it looks like.

Sounds like he is going to work with me though, so that's good.

I think your seller has no fucking clue what wire gauge means. If you look at your pic, the dinky wire does have an overall thicker outer diameter, so that makes it better right? :handhittingface:

WJCO

Meme King
I think your seller has no fucking clue what wire gauge means. If you look at your pic, the dinky wire does have an overall thicker outer diameter, so that makes it better right? :handhittingface:

Either he's really stupid or really ashamed and is trying to justify himself that he was 'had' too. I showed my wife who hates it when I explain technical stuff to her. But even she understood that whoever made this just made the insulation bigger to make the wire look bigger.

are you painting flares to match or staying black?

Keeping them black. I love the way they look on these Jeeps.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Finished the under hood wiring and circuit breaker. I opted to use a circuit breaker instead of a fuse so I wouldn't have to replace it if it were to blow. Those large fuses aren't quick to find. Also, the circuit breaker allows me to leave that part of the circuit off most of the time. One click of a button and it's back on. I figured I had to have circuit protection of some kind in the event of a collision near the new wiring I ran, or if something metal in the back of the Jeep were to move around and hit the auxiliary posts, and obviously if I were to draw too much current. Glad I got those new terminals, they worked out great for this project.

DSC03659.JPG

DSC03660.JPG

DSC03661.JPG

WJCO

Meme King
The seller for the fraudulent wiring just wrote me back. He's not too happy either, lol. He said he bought 2500 of these cable sets from another seller......so I'm thinking he wants his money back too. I'm going to ship the old ones back to him and get a refund. So buyer beware on stuff like this. For 2 gauge cables on ebay, these ones were in the moderate price range, not super cheap but not outrageous either.

jamesrw30

Where did the terminals come from? I can't make out the writing on top of them and didn't see it in the thread. I probably looked right over it. Looking great man.

WJCO

Meme King
very clean! Where did you get the circuit breaker from?

Thanks. Ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/300amp-APS-...ash=item33a9fd975e:g:e2IAAOSwVL1WBFWh&vxp=mtr

I hope it works. It feels like decent quality, I stayed away from the really cheap ones. I tested it and it works.

Where did the terminals come from? I can't make out the writing on top of them and didn't see it in the thread. I probably looked right over it. Looking great man.

Thanks. Sky High Audio. There was another thread on here about terminals.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?37020-Aftermarket-Battery-Terminals

EDIT: One failed on me and the company blamed me for the failure. Sky High Car Audio does not stand behind their products: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...tery-Terminals?p=917456&viewfull=1#post917456

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Got my tires in today. Excited. I love the look of these things. Here they are next to the Jeep. With flares there will be a little more clearance and a cleaner look.

DSC03662.jpg

DSC03663.JPG

Top Bottom