WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

cforgerson

That actually doesn't look too bad. I still think I prefer the black letters out though. We'll see.

Yeah I think the black lettering with the black wheels would look better. If I had plasti dipped my wheels I would've went black out as well. Btw, great looking fenders!

WJCO

Meme King
Is corrosion a problem with battery terminals like yours? I guess my real question is, did you feel the need to tin the ends of the wires with solder before you set them in the terminals, or would that even be appropiate? Definitely considering these

I haven't had them that long so hard to say. The copper cable itself already had some so I used a wire brush and cleaned them off really good. I wouldn't worry about soldering them myself.

Very nice! I asked about replacements because of what happened to my stepbrother. He has a Samurai with some really cool fender flares that are riveted on. One of them took a hit and now needs some help. Unfortunately, they are discontinued now.

Boy that sucks but good point. In the event they are discontinued, I would probably learn to repair plastic or have someone do it. My vehicle is 17 years old and there are still a ton of retailers selling these, so hopefully they'll be around for awhile.

Yeah I think the black lettering with the black wheels would look better. If I had plasti dipped my wheels I would've went black out as well. Btw, great looking fenders!

Thanks. I agree on the black. I will say, looking at the tires again with the white, it's the first time I've even considered leaving the white letters out, it doesn't look too bad. But I still think I'm going with black out.

Brute

Hooked
Worked on my fender flares tonight. Just got one wheel done :mad: . Way more steps than I anticipated. I'm glad I did a lot of cutting the other day to get a head start. I think tomorrow will bring more progress as I'm familiar with all the steps now. I opted to do the rear wheels first because there is way more work involved. Just wanted to get it out of the way. I love how they look though. They fit perfectly. Bushwacker did a damn good job designing these things.

View attachment 206198

View attachment 206199

View attachment 206200

Looking good...btw, I just like saying Bushwacker...just sayin'...

GraniteCrystal

Nice! Much better pics in daylight. I was laughing because when I saw old pics, that always happens to me: finish project late at night so there's no light left for good pics but eager to post progress.

Flares look great.

WJCO

Meme King
Nice! Much better pics in daylight. I was laughing because when I saw old pics, that always happens to me: finish project late at night so there's no light left for good pics but eager to post progress.

Flares look great.

Thanks. I would work all night if it weren't for Loud power tools pissing off my neighbors.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Thanks guys. I really like them as well. They're a damn good looking tire.

Lol. I've never liked white letters out, but I will consider the idea. I'll have to keep looking at them to see.

33s. 295/70R17 technically, which is a 33.2 with no weight on it.

I wish 37s for the ground clearance. 37s on a WJ look like way too much IMO. Even with the proper lift which is like 6.5 inches, I think 37s are just too much on a WJ. 35s don't look too bad though. I could have fit 35s, but I would have pounded in part of the body for steering clearance, and it's just asking for a D30 break.

Let us know how the tires measure up once they're mounted. My SST Pros 315/70/17 are barely 34" tall with 32 psi. I love the tires but I do think they run a little smaller than usual.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Looks great! Can't wait to see the front! Yeah, and, HOA's.

Looks good mate [emoji106]

Let us know how the tires measure up once they're mounted. My SST Pros 315/70/17 are barely 34" tall with 32 psi. I love the tires but I do think they run a little smaller than usual.

I really like your fenders....Great Job!

Nice. Should look even better once the coopers are on.

Thank guys. I'll definitely get a measurement once the new shoes are on.

WJCO

Meme King
Got the fenders done. I'm really glad I did the back first. The fronts were way easier.

DSC03676.JPG

DSC03677.JPG

Then I finished my ARB twin bracket for the back. I haven't wired it yet, but at least it's mounted. All the weight rests on those upright pieces. They're only .125, but then the whole system is secured in four more places. It's solid. I still need to figure out where to hang the hose, gauge and a bag for my deflators, and mount the compressor switch, but another day.

DSC03679.JPG

DSC03680.JPG

DSC03681.JPG

I secured my auxiliary power negative to the compressor bracket, why not. I still haven't figured out where to put the positive. I'll deal with it when I wire up the compressor. Circuit breaker off right now so no accidents.

DSC03682.JPG

Top Bottom