WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

Bunz-o-fun

Yep, this will look bad ass! I'm probably the only one thinking this, but the old school white wall letters might be kind of sweet on your WJ. Completely different. Just throwing it out there. :)
Either way, that's a sweet set up!

Kyle7R

Yep, this will look bad ass! I'm probably the only one thinking this, but the old school white wall letters might be kind of sweet on your WJ. Completely different. Just throwing it out there. :)

You're not, I think that would look killer!

WJCO

Meme King
Those Look BAD!

Those are gonna look sweet!

Man that just makes me wanna buy a set so bad for D-day

Cant wait to see em mounted

Sweet tires man! That's gonna look great

I love STT Pros. I had them on my old WJ and they were great. Can't wait to see them on your rig

Thanks guys. I really like them as well. They're a damn good looking tire.

You're not, I think that would look killer!

Lol. I've never liked white letters out, but I will consider the idea. I'll have to keep looking at them to see.

Badass. 37s? Really like that tread.

They look awesome. What size did you go with

33s. 295/70R17 technically, which is a 33.2 with no weight on it.

I wish 37s for the ground clearance. 37s on a WJ look like way too much IMO. Even with the proper lift which is like 6.5 inches, I think 37s are just too much on a WJ. 35s don't look too bad though. I could have fit 35s, but I would have pounded in part of the body for steering clearance, and it's just asking for a D30 break.

WJCO

Meme King
Worked on my fender flares tonight. Just got one wheel done :mad: . Way more steps than I anticipated. I'm glad I did a lot of cutting the other day to get a head start. I think tomorrow will bring more progress as I'm familiar with all the steps now. I opted to do the rear wheels first because there is way more work involved. Just wanted to get it out of the way. I love how they look though. They fit perfectly. Bushwacker did a damn good job designing these things.

DSC03666.JPG

DSC03667.JPG

DSC03669.JPG

Ddays

Hooked
These Coops are badass. Great traction & quiet too. Mine are wearing really well so far. I've got 'bout 5000 miles on mine after my ill-fated trip out West and tread is hardly worn.
Those flares are nice. I gotta say, whites out may be the way to go. I'm diggin how they pop against the Patriot Blue man.

WJCO

Meme King
Love the BW flares. Can't wait to see them all on with the new tires. Going to look mean.

These Coops are badass. Great traction & quiet too. Mine are wearing really well so far. I've got 'bout 5000 miles on mine after my ill-fated trip out West and tread is hardly worn.
Those flares are nice. I gotta say, whites out may be the way to go. I'm diggin how they pop against the Patriot Blue man.

Those flares are gonna look good! I'm diggin the Coopers!

Thanks guys. This part of the build should complete the exterior of the Jeep. Hoping to get some more time this afternoon to work on it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Worked on my fender flares tonight. Just got one wheel done :mad: . Way more steps than I anticipated. I'm glad I did a lot of cutting the other day to get a head start. I think tomorrow will bring more progress as I'm familiar with all the steps now. I opted to do the rear wheels first because there is way more work involved. Just wanted to get it out of the way. I love how they look though. They fit perfectly. Bushwacker did a damn good job designing these things.

Nice!! Installing Bushwackers are a pain in the ass but they do look good especially on a WJ.

WJCO

Meme King
Nice!! Installing Bushwackers are a pain in the ass but they do look good especially on a WJ.

Thanks. They really are a lot of work. I've watched the install video several times over the last year and thought I had it all down. Nope! But once they're on, they are incredibly sturdy too. I was really surprised how stout they are once all the various fasteners are in.

JeepJeep75

Your WJ is really looking good man! No turning back now with those BW's. Just wondering how durable they are. I know you said they are really solidly attached, but what if they take a direct hit on a rock? Is the plastic at all repairable? Have you thought about having a spare set, say for replacing one in a few years if they discontinued these? Also, what is the goop that is applied with the heat gun? Is it sealer or glue? That is definitely a no turn-back job. Looks really stout though. Looking forward to seeing it finished!! [emoji106]

WJCO

Meme King
Your WJ is really looking good man! No turning back now with those BW's. Just wondering how durable they are. I know you said they are really solidly attached, but what if they take a direct hit on a rock? Is the plastic at all repairable? Have you thought about having a spare set, say for replacing one in a few years if they discontinued these? Also, what is the goop that is applied with the heat gun? Is it sealer or glue? That is definitely a no turn-back job. Looks really stout though. Looking forward to seeing it finished!! [emoji106]

Thanks. The way they are molded and fastened, they are strong! As far as a direct hit on a rock, hard to say. Not sure if it is repairable. I haven't thought of a spare set, but not a bad idea. Truthfully, the type of wheeling I do is very light, I don't see rocks being an issue in that area. The glue could be anything of your choice, I used FlexSeal in a can because it's quick and easy and flows into all the cracks. The heat gun just speeds up the drying time. Mostly what the heat gun is for, is to re-mold your inner wheel well covers. I removed those a long time ago during prior trimming, so I don't even have to worry about them. I didn't even use a heat gun.

JeepDrum

Is corrosion a problem with battery terminals like yours? I guess my real question is, did you feel the need to tin the ends of the wires with solder before you set them in the terminals, or would that even be appropiate? Definitely considering these

JeepJeep75

Very nice! I asked about replacements because of what happened to my stepbrother. He has a Samurai with some really cool fender flares that are riveted on. One of them took a hit and now needs some help. Unfortunately, they are discontinued now.

Top Bottom