WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

WJCO

Meme King
Could you just mount a quick fist to hold the hose?

Damn good idea! Hadn't even thought about that. And I have some extras laying around. If they aren't big enough, I could always get the fire extinguisher ones. Thanks for the suggestion.

JeepJeep75

What was the wire gauge size on the wire running to the back? It looks big enough to run an ARB fridge no problem. Could even have a second battery back there to charge up for the camp site/fridge.

WJCO

Meme King
What was the wire gauge size on the wire running to the back? It looks big enough to run an ARB fridge no problem. Could even have a second battery back there to charge up for the camp site/fridge.

I ran 4. The original plan was 2 but I got fake wire on ebay, lol. So rather than delay the build, I just stuck with some 4 that I already had. It's fine. The whole plan with running the power source to the back was for the reason of future expansion if needed. Right now, the compressor is the main thing, and I may add an inverter.

WJCO

Meme King
Great idea on the QuickFist clamp, Sharkey. Worked great. I also ordered a Voodoo tactical bag for storage.

DSC03697.JPG

DSC03698.JPG

WJCO

Meme King
Kind of OT, but how do you like that ARB filler? does the fitting actually hold on to the valve stem? Ive been looking for a thread on one... but am not finding many options.

Works great. Used it today. Dropped my spare to zero and had it aired up to 30 in 2.75 minutes. Gauge stayed on the valve the whole time with no leaks. It clamps on well. Many members recommended this thing.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?36160-What-pressure-gauge-do-you-use-and-why/page2

See more recent posts in this thread:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2995-ARB-Twin-air-compressor

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Just got caught up on all your projects. Looking good! I think those Coopers will be my next tires.

WJCO

Meme King
Just got caught up on all your projects. Looking good! I think those Coopers will be my next tires.

Thanks. Just went offroad today for the first time with them. It may be psychological, but they felt much softer than my BFGs. I didn't have to air down today, as most of the road is 4HI stuff. But washboards and rocky sections didn't seem to jar the vehicle as much as the old tires did. Loving these things.

My buddy just put on the same tires on his JK. Saw them in person, the treads are awesome.

Yes they are. Very aggressive look.

dchew

Thanks. Just went offroad today for the first time with them. It may be psychological, but they felt much softer than my BFGs. I didn't have to air down today, as most of the road is 4HI stuff. But washboards and rocky sections didn't seem to jar the vehicle as much as the old tires did. Loving these things.

I noticed the same thing compared to Nitto TG's. I intentionally over filled them in case my Hutchinsons were leaking, about 33 avg. felt like they were at 25.

Dave

WJCO

Meme King
Washed it for the first time since the tires and flares. Got some pics cleaned up.

DSC03738.JPG

DSC03740.JPG

Also added a 2nd Quick Fist clamp to the air hose the other day. Keeps it from swinging on and offroad.

DSC03744.JPG

And added a Voodoo Tactical bag for all the air supplies. Fits well next to the compressor. Finished off by smoking a MUWAT.

DSC03743.JPG

DSC03742.JPG

Attachments

• DSC03741.JPG
    DSC03741.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 164
Top Bottom