PDA

View Full Version : The Evolution of ENVY Build

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

JAGS
02-22-2014, 05:57 PM
Hell just froze over and pigs are flying, because JAGS has finally started a build thread. :shock:

Being on the forum for a year and a half now, I’ve learned a ton... and still learning every day. Thanks to everyone for imparting their knowledge and answering my newb questions, sometimes more than once and months apart. In the long run, that time has saved me money as I’ve defined a solid plan with the end in mind and minimal wasted parts.

I now have a build plan to last for several years thanks to Drew@ORE and one that will allow me to improve my offroad driving abilities, while building to more than capable performance. As MTG says often, my rig will always be able to outperform its driver.

I’ve done some work to ENVY already and will update that soon.

Stage 1
LOD Armor Lite Stubby with Stinger - Done
EVO Skins - Done
EVO Sliders - Done
Fender Trim - Done
Truck-Lites (Thanks Truck-Lite & Wayalife) - Done
PS Evap Skid - Done
EVO 4” Enforcer with King 2.5s - Done
KING Front Bumpstops - Done
EVO C2 Axle Gussets - Done
EVO Front Control Arm Skids - Done
EVO Oil Pan Skid - Done
EVO Rock Star Skids - Done
EVO Corner Armor - Done
EVO Tire Carrier - Done
EVO Rear Aluminum Fascia - Done
EVO D-ring mounts - Done
1350 JE Reel Front DS - Done
Level 8 ZX Wheels - Done
37” Nitto Trail Grapplers - Done
TeraFlex Mud Flaps - Done

Stage 2
EVO Transmission Skid - Done
Rock Hard 4x4 Sport Cage - Done
Switch-Pro Power System - Done
EVO A-pillar light mounts - Done
LED Lighting - Done: Rock lights, front spots
Rear "Revolution" Chromoly Shafts - Done
WARN Zeon 10 Winch - Done
MasterPull Superline synthetic line - Done
Front Chromoly Axle Shafts
PR 44 Front
Trail or PR 60 Rear
ARB Fridge - Done
ARB Air Compressor
ARB locker(s)
ATX Slabs/Chamber Pros

Stage 3 (Dream Stage)
DTD Front/Rear ???
EVOlever

Here's how she looked the day I brought her home. I remember I was so stoked that day. My first Jeep. :rock:

Couldn't even wait the 500 miles to hit a little dirt with my kids.

Why Envy?
My wife actually aided in naming the Jeep. She would tell me all the time how I envy all the Jeeps I look at online, driving down the street and in mags. I told her that hopefully one day others would Envy my Jeep. And the name was born. Thanks Canvas for the badge of honor my friend.

Why JAGS?
All jokes aside, I got interested in Jeeps after renting one in Sedona on a family vacation. About a year or so later (June 2012) my lease was up, so I purchased a silver JKU Rubicon. The Jeep is something we can enjoy together as a family before it’s no longer cool to hang with dad. So JAGS is our family initials (Jason, Amy, “G” for my son, and “S” for my daughter). Also reminds me daily as I log in what comes first in life.

ridg3runner
02-22-2014, 06:09 PM
My heart just skipped a beat! Right on, JAGS!:beer:

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK's JK
02-22-2014, 06:14 PM

Why it skip a beat Lee?

Great Pictures JAGS.

Panda
02-22-2014, 06:16 PM
:thumb: and CHEERS🍷 Jags!

Sent from bad apples...

JAGS
02-22-2014, 06:24 PM

Mine skipped a few times typing it. I was nervous. LOL

Why it skip a beat Lee?

Great Pictures JAGS.

I think because it's been soooo damn long, prob thought I'd never have one. :icon_crazy:

:thumb: and CHEERS Jags!

Sent from bad apples...

Thanks Panda.

JAGS
03-02-2014, 08:20 PM
Looking at all the incidentals/issues that come with a lift. Should I go evap relocate or an evap skid? :thinking:

OverlanderJK
03-02-2014, 08:24 PM
What about the EVAP stay in the same spot mod?

JAGS
03-02-2014, 08:26 PM
What about the EVAP stay in the same spot mod?

I've heard there can be issues. Some folks leave it, some relocate, some aftermarket skid it.

JKRay
03-02-2014, 08:37 PM
Heck yea Ill be following along!! :thumb:

JAGS
03-02-2014, 08:45 PM
Heck yea Ill be following along!! :thumb:

Thanks Ray. I was out of town for the better part of last week so kinda stalled out for a few days. Looking to get this show on the road, figuratively and literally.

mcpuck
03-02-2014, 09:22 PM
I've heard there can be issues. Some folks leave it, some relocate, some aftermarket skid it.

Relocate it. Done. If not it will be an issue at some point.

You are correct to begin with the end in mind.

pastorwug
03-02-2014, 10:10 PM
Jason - did you install your rock star skids yourself or did ORE - I'm wondering how much is involved.

BTW - nice thread - looking forward to it continuing to develop - thanks for opening up to us all.

OverlanderJK
03-02-2014, 10:22 PM
Jason - did you install your rock star skids yourself or did ORE - I'm wondering how much is involved.

BTW - nice thread - looking forward to it continuing to develop - thanks for opening up to us all.

He doesn't have them but they are not that hard. You just cut some of the lower control arm mount off, the shock mount and the sway bar end link mount then bolt the rockstar skid on. The control arm mojnt should be cut to 5".

JAGS
03-02-2014, 10:35 PM
He doesn't have them but they are not that hard. You just cut some of the lower control arm mount off, the shock mount and the sway bar end link mount then bolt the rockstar skid on. The control arm mojnt should be cut to 5".

^^^^ this.

I'll be ordering nearly everything this week. If I had all the necessary tools, I may have tried myself... Well, with some help. But my nice carpeted garage doesn't hold much mechanic tools at the moment.

Since I need quite a bit done, I may just have ORE do it.

JAGS
03-02-2014, 10:41 PM
Relocate it. Done. If not it will be an issue at some point.

You are correct to begin with the end in mind.

Thanks Don. I've seen some write ups on the relocate, so may tackle that one.

If I've learned anything, it's to not re-spend unnecessarily. And to go with the best out there. Can't really go wrong with EVO/king combo. Thanks to Drew, I've got a solid plan.

pastorwug
03-02-2014, 10:42 PM

Thanks Adam, that's what I wanted to know.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS
03-03-2014, 11:56 PM
Just placed my order for all the EVO/KING stuff. Drew@ORE said King is backordered on most of its shocks. Going to be the longest 4 week wait, but glad I placed my order. Thanks drew for the help. Going to get a few other tidbits from Northridge and still deciding on carrier to go EVO or Genright????

- Jason

StrizzyChris
03-04-2014, 12:00 AM
I would recommend going GenRight and then later change your mind and go EVO...Ill then buy the GenRight off of you for a reduced price of course :wink:

OverlanderJK
03-04-2014, 12:18 AM
Are the king 2.5 bump stops a custom thing?

JAGS
03-04-2014, 12:26 AM
Are the king 2.5 bump stops a custom thing?

Yup, like you being a smartass...highly customized for each situation. :cheesy:

The list note was just a copy and paste thing from ORE's site. Am I missing something on the bump stops?

OverlanderJK
03-04-2014, 12:27 AM
Yup, like you being a smartass...highly customized for each situation. :cheesy:

The list note was just a copy and paste thing from ORE's site. Am I missing something on the bump stops?

Maybe. You know they don't make 2.5 bump stops right?

JAGS
03-04-2014, 12:28 AM
I would recommend going GenRight and then later change your mind and go EVO...Ill then buy the GenRight off of you for a reduced price of course :wink:

Ha ha. Wouldn't put it past me to change my mind....I'm kind of known for that. LOL.

JAGS
03-04-2014, 12:46 AM
Maybe. You know they don't make 2.5 bump stops right?

OK tried to do this via PM so I don't look stupid, but it wouldn't let me attach image from my desktop...so whatever.

This is what I was referring too.

JAGS
03-06-2014, 05:58 AM
First Mod to Envy consisted of tinting the windows and some plasti-dip on the door hinges within a month or so (July 2012). Lame.

That initial hinge plasti-dip is still there though and holding up, and I think the black hinges look cool. Was a little while yet before I built up the nerve to any sort of real mod. Was still pretty new to the whole Jeep thing.

JKWrang
03-06-2014, 06:00 AM
First Mod to Envy consisted of tinting the windows and some plasti-dip on the door hinges within a month or so (July 2012). Lame.

That initial hinge plasti-dip is still there though and holding up, and I think the black hinges look cool. Was a little while yet before I built up the nerve to any sort of real mod. Was still pretty new to the whole Jeep thing.

I wanted to do that to my silver JK. Looks good!

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

TNuggs13
03-06-2014, 07:01 AM
When you plasti dipped the hinges did you do it with the doors on or off? Also, could you post a pic of the hinges? Looking forward to the progress of your build as well!

JAGS
03-06-2014, 07:31 AM
When you plasti dipped the hinges did you do it with the doors on or off? Also, could you post a pic of the hinges? Looking forward to the progress of your build as well!

With the doors on and tapped off the hinge and bracket. Dipped, 3 coats, then removed tape while still wet from final coat.

It's dark at the moment but will take closer pic to show how they still look more than year an half later.

- Jason

TNuggs13
03-06-2014, 07:36 AM
With the doors on and tapped off the hinge and bracket. Dipped, 3 coats, then removed tape while still wet from final coat.

It's dark at the moment but will take closer pic to show how they still look more than year an half later.

- Jason

Once they dried did you have any problems with it chipping or wrinkling? I've never used it before and was wondering. I think it might be good to do to help protect the hinge when taking the doors on and off.

JAGS
03-06-2014, 07:44 AM
Once they dried did you have any problems with it chipping or wrinkling? I've never used it before and was wondering. I think it might be good to do to help protect the hinge when taking the doors on and off.

None yet, knock on wood. But it is just coating in a can. You can always peel as re-apply as necessary.

I recently saw at the local Home Depot they now carry grey and red plasti-dip in spray.

- Jason

Oscar35
03-06-2014, 07:51 AM
I see the Sedona trip did it for you. Aren't those red rocks amazing?

TUFTRLZ

JAGS
03-06-2014, 07:56 AM
I see the Sedona trip did it for you. Aren't those red rocks amazing?

TUFTRLZ

Damn right. Was great going back with my own Jeep a couple summers ago too. Sedona is great for the whole family.

- Jason

JAGS
03-07-2014, 05:30 PM

Here's a slightly better pic of passenger hinges. Hope this helps.

- Jason

TNuggs13
03-07-2014, 05:31 PM
Here's a slightly better pic of passenger hinges. Hope this helps.

- Jason

Nice! Looks awesome! I might have to buy some plasti dip.

JAGS
03-07-2014, 05:53 PM
Catching up on mods already done, the next one done was installing my CB. Went with the handheld Midland 75. Currently using a RR CB antenna mount on the stock tire carrier. Ran coax inside the tailgate then along passenger side under carpet up to front center console. Works great and I'm happy with it till I need/want to upgrade.

Then came a real modification requiring some cutting. :eek: A few forum friends got together for a fender trim party. Not wanting to tackle this alone (again, major newb), I decided to cut mine too, even with stock bumpers. The trim came out good though.

JAGS
03-08-2014, 11:09 PM
Next mod, never used 2013 premium soft top. Great deal for a great soft top. Im loving it.

Fast forwarding to just a few months ago, was my LoD armor lite shorty with stinger. Went LoD just to be a little unique. Ttfhell is the only other I know running it. I like it and LoD quality was spoken highly of by those more knowledgable than I.

- Jason

JAGS
03-09-2014, 05:29 PM
My first EVO product. Added the skins. Yes I needed help/encouragement, yes it was insane drilling holes, yes it looks bad ass. I don't think I could drill the first hole myself actually. But after the first, there is no turning back.

SaddleTramp
03-09-2014, 05:59 PM

Jags, rig looks great, looking forward to following this one! What fire extinguisher mount are you using here? I've got one in the back on the cage but would like one too with easier access like you have here.

JAGS
03-09-2014, 06:33 PM
Jags, rig looks great, looking forward to following this one! What fire extinguisher mount are you using here? I've got one in the back on the cage but would like one too with easier access like you have here.

Thanks. Have a few more mods to post to get things caught up.

This is just a mini extinguisher as I too run larger off the rear stock cage. I just like having a little something right there, just in case. Hopefully never need it. I'm not going to put out a major fire, but maybe buy time while someone grabs my larger one. Or can be quick to help out a fellow jeeper on the trail. Believe it or not found this at Target of all places and it came with a mount. The holes just happened to line up with those on the seat frame. Just needed a few washers and nuts and bolts sized to fit through the holes.

sean.m.adams33
03-09-2014, 07:34 PM
Rig is coming along quickly! Excited to see it come together.

JAGS
03-09-2014, 07:58 PM
Rig is coming along quickly! Excited to see it come together.

Thanks Sean. Been a long while in the making, much longer than originally thought.

In the end, I think I'm going to be happy with my decisions and how ENVY will hopefully continue to progress over time.

Canvas JK
03-10-2014, 12:13 AM
Looking good Jason. Keep pressing on. Hey I know this guy who does custom vinyl work that can make a hood decal for you.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

JAGS
03-10-2014, 03:00 AM
Looking good Jason. Keep pressing on. Hey I know this guy who does custom vinyl work that can make a hood decal for you.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

Thanks Will. 

I'd need to think of something worth putting on. But it crossed my mind. 

- Jason

JAGS
03-10-2014, 03:07 AM
Trying to get this thread up to speed, I realize I missed a mod. After skins and before LOD bumper, I ordered my EVO sliders with the custom "step" angle.

At 5'8 with shoes and a lift on the horizon, I'll need all the help. Lol

So I ordered them raw from ORE and then had them powder coated locally and welded at local weld shop recommended by a neighbor. Both came out great and I love these things. Even the welder/metalworker, said damn these are strong.

- Jason

JAGS
03-12-2014, 05:30 AM
Truck-lites!!!! Wholly crap. If you do not believe the hype on these, let me tell you, all the good reviews are true.

Let me also say, that if my 9 yr old son and I can do the install in about an hour and half, anyone can do this. Just follow Eddie's write up step by step.

Though I was fortunate enough to win these in the drawing on this forum (thanks yet again truck-lite a WAL) I would truly say paying for these is worth the investment.

As said, my son and tackled these and it was a blast doing it with him. Best part was after starting the second light, he turned to me and said "someday I think I want my own jeep, this is fun!" Future Wayalifer.

A before and after. Yeah, that drastic!

- Jason

JeepFan
03-12-2014, 12:50 PM
Looks awesome Jason. Night and day difference. :-)

Also, I think its great your son helped out with the install; he looked totally into the project.

olram30
03-12-2014, 01:09 PM
looking good!!! truck lights look good!:thumb:

JAGS
03-13-2014, 04:16 AM
Looks awesome Jason. Night and day difference. :-)

Also, I think its great your son helped out with the install; he looked totally into the project.

We had a good time for sure.

JAGS
03-15-2014, 10:09 PM
So after some online research and more than I'd like to admit number of calls and emails to Drew@ORE, I found a slight adaptation to the rear brake lights on the EVO carrier. It's a just released LED slimline brake/reverse/turn light.

Install is a slight mod from the norm, but Mel and drew are sure they can make these work. One other person is running these. Just so happens I know the guy so got him to send me some pics.

They just came in today from brown Santa!!!

- Jason

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
03-16-2014, 04:21 PM
My first EVO product. Added the skins. Yes I needed help/encouragement, yes it was insane drilling holes, yes it looks bad ass. I don't think I could drill the first hole myself actually. But after the first, there is no turning back.

How did you do the red in the EVO logo?

JKbrick
03-16-2014, 05:44 PM
Trying to get this thread up to speed, I realize I missed a mod. After skins and before LOD bumper, I ordered my EVO sliders with the custom "step" angle.

- Jason

Is the custom "step angle" more flat than normal or do you have to give them an actual angle?

OverlanderJK
03-16-2014, 05:52 PM
Is the custom "step angle" more flat than normal or do you have to give them an actual angle?

You just order with the step angle and they do it. You don't need to tell them the angle.

JAGS
03-16-2014, 09:37 PM
You just order with the step angle and they do it. You don't need to tell them the angle.

^^^^ this!

- Jason

JAGS
03-16-2014, 09:40 PM
How did you do the red in the EVO logo?

That was actually a drew@ore idea. Just a red vinyl square.

- Jason

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
03-16-2014, 09:48 PM
That was actually a drew@ore idea. Just a red vinyl square.

- Jason

Oh interesting. We'll your rig is really lookin good bud! Can't wait to see it with all the awesome parts you have on order installed!

JAGS
03-16-2014, 10:03 PM
Oh interesting. We'll your rig is really lookin good bud! Can't wait to see it with all the awesome parts you have on order installed!

Thanks Josh. That makes two of us. April can not come soon enough.

- Jason

JAGS
03-16-2014, 11:57 PM
More things showing up. This was dropped off via white Santa late yesterday afternoon. My new 1350 front DS.

- Jason

JAGS
03-18-2014, 07:03 PM
More goodies!!! My rearvEVO D ring mounts. Should look bad ass with the new EVO tire carrier. 👍

- Jason

olram30
03-18-2014, 07:11 PM
Evo parts make me smile also. Warms up the heart!

seanb33
03-18-2014, 07:19 PM
More goodies!!! My rearvEVO D ring mounts. Should look bad ass with the new EVO tire carrier. 👍

- Jason

Do you plan to flush mount them? I have a set sitting in my garage that I want to flush mount but it looks like you have to re-weld the crossmember

JAGS
03-18-2014, 07:44 PM
Do you plan to flush mount them? I have a set sitting in my garage that I want to flush mount but it looks like you have to re-weld the crossmember

That is the plan. Will see how it goes. I have a local welder on the cheap (and is good) so that part isn't the issue, just not sure when to cut the cross member, before or after the install.

seanb33
03-18-2014, 07:47 PM
That is the plan. Will see how it goes. I have a local welder on the cheap (and is good) so that part isn't the issue, just not sure when to cut the cross member, before or after the install.

Gotcha. Let me know how it goes! Good luck

OverlanderJK
03-18-2014, 07:49 PM
You cut after. You may not even have to cut.

JAGS
03-18-2014, 07:56 PM
You cut after. You may not even have to cut.

This is what I thought. But do you need to uninstall to cut or cut with them installed? I heard they can be difficult to slam into the frame??

OverlanderJK
03-18-2014, 07:59 PM
This is what I thought. But do you need to uninstall to cut or cut with them installed? I heard they can be difficult to slam into the frame??

Every frame is different. Some are easy some are not. Even if you cut it's not going to make it easier to get it into the frame.

olram30
03-18-2014, 08:13 PM

Just grind of what ever is in the way on the d ring and touch up with paint. I'd also paint on the back side with some flat paint to get in the"evo" cut out. Mine already rusted. Easier to remove and cut and grind smooth. Also that sticker on the passenger side is a pain to remove. I think I had to cut a 1/2", but all frames are different.

seanb33
03-18-2014, 08:17 PM
Just grind of what ever is in the way on the d ring and touch up with paint. I'd also paint on the back side with some flat paint to get in the"evo" cut out. Mine already rusted. Easier to remove and cut and grind smooth. Also that sticker on the passenger side is a pain to remove. I think I had to cut a 1/2", but all frames are different.

Any advice on a d ring mount that won't slide into the frame rail?

olram30
03-18-2014, 08:20 PM
Any advice on a d ring mount that won't slide into the frame rail?

One of mine just had some welding splatter and knocked it off with a grinder. Painted it up. Yours might fit perfect? But you shouldn't have to hammer it in.

JAGS
03-18-2014, 08:48 PM
One of mine just had some welding splatter and knocked it off with a grinder. Painted it up. Yours might fit perfect? But you shouldn't have to hammer it in.

A tack weld at the end or did you actually re-weld along the whole seam? I won't be doing the re-weld myself, but may needto show the guy what I'm talking about.

Sola_Christos
03-18-2014, 09:01 PM
Hell just froze over and pigs are flying, because JAGS has finally started a build thread. :shock:

Being on the forum for a year and a half now, Ive learned a ton... and still learning every day. Thanks to everyone for imparting their knowledge and answering my newb questions, sometimes more than once and months apart. In the long run, that time has saved me money as Ive defined a solid plan with the end in mind and minimal wasted parts.

I now have a build plan to last for several years thanks to Drew@ORE and one that will allow me to improve my offroad driving abilities, while building to more than capable performance. As MTG says often, my rig will always be able to outperform its driver.

Ive done some work to ENVY already and will update that soon.

Stage 1
LOD Armor Lite Stubby with Stinger - Done
EVO Skins - Done
EVO Sliders - Done
Fender Trim - Done
Truck-Lites (Thanks Truck-Lite & Wayalife) - Done
EVO Rock Star Skids - ordered
EVO 4 Enforcer with King 2.5s - ordered
KING Bumpstops - ordered
EVO C2 Axle Gussets - ordered
EVO Front Control Arm Skids - ordered
EVO Rock Star Skids - ordered
1350 JE Reel Front DS - Ordered
EVO D-ring mounts - Ordered
EVO Corner Armor - ordered
EVO Tire Carrier - ordered
37 Nitto Trail Grapplers - Ordered

Stage 2 (2015/16)
PR 44 front
Trail or PR 60 Rear
ATX Slabs/Chamber Pros

Stage 3 (2016/17)
DTD Front/Single Rear
EVOlever

Here's how she looked the day I brought her home. I remember I was so stoked that day. My first Jeep. :rock:

Couldn't even wait the 500 miles to hit a little dirt with my kids.

Why Envy?
My wife actually aided in naming the Jeep. She would tell me all the time how I envy all the Jeeps I look at online, driving down the street and in mags. I told her that hopefully one day others would Envy my Jeep. And the name was born. Thanks Canvas for the badge of honor my friend.

Why JAGS?
All jokes aside, I got interested in Jeeps after renting one in Sedona on a family vacation. About a year or so later (June 2012) my lease was up, so I purchased a silver JKU Rubicon. The Jeep is something we can enjoy together as a family before its no longer cool to hang with dad. So JAGS is our family initials (Jason, Amy, G for my son, and S for my daughter). Also reminds me daily as I log in what comes first in life.

Congrats man!! I know you have been waiting a looooong time to get your rig in order! Happy for u dude!

JAGS
03-18-2014, 09:06 PM
Congrats man!! I know you have been waiting a looooong time to get your rig in order! Happy for u dude!

Thanks V. You are right man, I long time coming.

At least I didn't miss my window on the truck-lite drawing. :cheesy:;)

olram30
03-18-2014, 09:27 PM
A tack weld at the end or did you actually re-weld along the whole seam? I won't be doing the re-weld myself, but may needto show the guy what I'm talking about.

The d ring I had to grind a tad on the inside of the face, the frame I cut into one of the welds and re welded it. I'm not at home. But also depends on your frame. I got some welding splatter shit from the factory I need to grind smooth also and repaint.

JK's JK
03-18-2014, 10:02 PM

I'm confused. What you welding on for the rear D-ring mounts?

olram30
03-18-2014, 10:09 PM
I'm confused. What you welding on for the rear D-ring mounts?

I cut into the cross member a tad and welded it up, it was close on my frame for the flush trim. The d rings I just had to grind a little off so they could slide in. I think it was only on one side.

JK's JK
03-18-2014, 10:17 PM
I cut into the cross member a tad and welded it up, it was close on my frame for the flush trim. The d rings I just had to grind a little off so they could slide in. I think it was only on one side.

That is weird. I had to cut a little on the cross member to get the bolt in side the frame but over all it went really easy. Not grinding either..:idontknow:

olram30
03-18-2014, 10:22 PM
That is weird. I had to cut a little on the cross member to get the bolt in side the frame but over all it went really easy. Not grinding either..:idontknow:

Oh yeah, to get the flag nut in, I was talking about the flush trim if he needed or wanted it.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
03-19-2014, 04:03 AM
Thanks V. You are right man, I long time coming.

At least I didn't miss my window on the truck-lite drawing. :cheesy:;)

Hey bud, is your rig at EVO? I saw them post up a silver one on their facespace...

MTG
03-19-2014, 04:07 AM
Hey bud, is your rig at EVO? I saw them post up a silver one on their facespace...

That jeep looks like it has an EVO lever installed. Thus, I am going to say no.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
03-19-2014, 04:15 AM

Oh I missed that :cheesy: I guess I was too excited for JAGS!

JAGS
03-19-2014, 04:24 AM

Thus, and sadly, youd be correct.

Oh I missed that :cheesy: I guess I was too excited for JAGS!

Trust me. I'll be proudly announcing when my rig goes under the knife. Lol. I have not seen the facespace post. Maybe I can quietly sneak mine in its place while nobody's watching.😉 Lol

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
03-19-2014, 04:26 AM
Thus, and sadly, youd be correct.

Trust me. I'll be proudly announcing when my rig goes under the knife. Lol. I have not seen the facespace post. Maybe I can quietly sneak mine in its place while nobody's watching.😉 Lol

Maybe I can help. I still need to visit the shop 😜 :cheesy:

JAGS
03-19-2014, 04:32 AM
Maybe I can help. I still need to visit the shop 😜 :cheesy:

Awesome. 👍 So you distract drew and Mel by asking a lot of questions. Then I'll swing around back and do a swap with the other silver jeep. I'm thinking early in the morning before the coffee kicks in.

Then we'll keep our eyes open for when they get in a green and do the same for you.

Tigrcky
03-19-2014, 04:37 AM
Awesome.  So you distract drew and Mel by asking a lot of questions. Then I'll swing around back and do a swap with the other silver jeep. I'm thinking early in the morning before the coffee kicks in.

Then we'll keep our eyes open for when they get in a green and do the same for you.

ill take one in red

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
03-19-2014, 04:39 AM
Awesome. 👍 So you distract drew and Mel by asking a lot of questions. Then I'll swing around back and do a swap with the other silver jeep. I'm thinking early in the morning before the coffee kicks in.

Perfect. A bit like the Italian job only, completely different. I'll start rehearsing my questions and dumbfounded responses that will drag the conversation on.

JAGS
03-19-2014, 04:50 AM
ill take one in red

Wait wait wait. If too many people are in on this, josh and I will never accomplish our goals. Sorry Tig, your gonna have to wait on the Red.

Perfect. A bit like the Italian job only, completely different. I'll start rehearsing my questions and dumbfounded responses that will drag the conversation on.

Awesome. Just pretend to ask questions like me. Use the same 4 and then just keep asking in order, over and over. Then tell them your not sure about King shocks. They will talk and sell you some in about 15 min. Ask me how I know. Lol

JAGS
03-20-2014, 04:25 AM
Ordered up my Level 8 ZX wheels today with optional rock guards from Discount Tire Direct. Got to say they gave me a pretty great deal. :yup: :thumb:

Thanks for the PM feedback Eddie as well as Travis from DT. I've been looking at these wheels for over a year now and decided to do it. Not really a sim beadlock, or maybe they are :thinking:. I like the rock guard option to protect the outer lip from damage. Should look great and do great on the trails till I get ATX slabs or chambers down the road.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
03-20-2014, 04:28 AM
Ordered up my Level 8 ZX wheels today with optional rock guards from Discount Tire Direct. Got to say they gave me a pretty great deal. :yup: :thumb:

Thanks for the PM feedback Eddie as well as Travis from DT. I've been looking at these wheels for over a year now and decided to do it. Not really a sim beadlock, or maybe they are :thinking:. I like the rock guard option to protect the outer lip from damage. Should look great and do great on the trails till I get ATX slabs or chambers down the road.

Those are gonna look good JAGS!

olram30
03-20-2014, 04:29 AM
Nice rims! Gonna look good!

JAGS
03-20-2014, 04:36 AM
Those are gonna look good JAGS!

Nice rims! Gonna look good!

Thanks fellas. I looked at so many wheels and had it narrowed down to 2 or 3, including drew@ORE used set.

At the end of the day, I just wanted something new. Maybe stupid, but I'm dropping all this coin, I want mostly original stuff. And, these were less than half of slabs, even with the extra rock guards added. That's all I'll detail on price as I got a great deal by calling DTD on the phone vs online.

JKWrang
03-20-2014, 06:27 AM
I love Level 8 wheels!!!

Sent from my SM-P905V using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude
03-20-2014, 10:47 AM
Love the wheels JAGS!

Sent from my iPhone

JAGS
03-20-2014, 03:03 PM
I love Level 8 wheels!!!

Love the wheels JAGS!

Thanks! Now the wait for the call to take my rig in to ORE. :fingerscrossed:

JAGS
03-25-2014, 03:56 AM
My wheels and ring guards came in today. These things look great in person.

- Jason

10frank9
03-25-2014, 04:06 AM
My wheels and ring guards came in today. These things look great in person.

- Jason

Did you buy an XJ??? :thinking:

:wink: :cheesy: are you wrapping those in 33" Nitto Terra Grapplers?

JAGS
03-25-2014, 05:07 AM
Did you buy an XJ??? :thinking:

:wink: :cheesy: are you wrapping those in 33" Nitto Terra Grapplers?

Ha ha. I was looking at these long before that. But whatever. Travis with DT has em on his JK and look great there too.

I'm going with 32.5 x 9 dune grapplers. 😉 Don't hate. Lol.

- Jason

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
03-25-2014, 05:08 AM
Ha ha. I was looking at these long before that. But whatever. Travis with DT has em on his JK and look great there too.

I'm going with 32.5 x 9 dune grapplers. 😉 Don't hate. Lol.

- Jason

My mom loves those tires, lotta miles on them...

JAGS
03-25-2014, 05:13 AM
My mom loves those tires, lotta miles on them...

Shit, with the number of fwy miles I'm logging these days, dune graps sound like a half decent plan.

That said, traveling for work means tax right off on the tires. 😉 So it'll be 37 trail grapplers. 👍

- Jason

kyro
03-25-2014, 07:03 AM
i want these for my Silver JKU as well but cant find anyone here in Australia that stock them or bring them in yet:grayno:

the wheels that is

JAGS
03-25-2014, 10:08 PM
i want these for my Silver JKU as well but cant find anyone here in Australia that stock them or bring them in yet:grayno:

the wheels that is

No DT or DTD in Australia....bummer. Have you checked your local "amazon" or "ebay" sellers? I'm sure you have, just throwing it out there. Other than DT/DTD, not very many outlets carry these in the US either, but many can special order.

kyro
03-26-2014, 05:44 AM
No DT or DTD in Australia....bummer. Have you checked your local "amazon" or "ebay" sellers? I'm sure you have, just throwing it out there. Other than DT/DTD, not very many outlets carry these in the US either, but many can special order.

yeah been looking every where here but nothing
might have to ship them over myself maybe;)

JAGS
03-31-2014, 03:11 AM
Picked up a spare rear DS from USS rubicon core. Thanks for the awesome deal! Probably/hopefully won't ever need it.

- Jason

kyro
03-31-2014, 09:00 AM
any pic with wheels on yet?

JAGS
03-31-2014, 02:25 PM
any pic with wheels on yet?

Not yet. Excruciating wait for my King shocks. I'm going to check with ORE today and see how my wait time are progressing. Been about 4 weeks. Was quoted 4-6 weeks.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
03-31-2014, 02:31 PM
Not yet. Excruciating wait for my King shocks. I'm going to check with ORE today and see how my wait time are progressing. Been about 4 weeks. Was quoted 4-6 weeks.

:biting nails:

kyro
03-31-2014, 09:58 PM

bugger thats hard when you have to wait,
i'm looking forward to seeing those wheels on the silver JKU:thumb:

JAGS
04-05-2014, 07:25 PM
A few odds and ends for ENVY. Front and rear d-rings, Isos and 303 cleaner. Hoping the cleaner will possibly clear up a bit of old Sedona red rock fender stain still hanging around.

- Jason

JAGS
04-07-2014, 09:35 PM
Just confirmed with Drew@ORE that ENVY will be going under the knife starting April 29th. 👍🍻🎉

- Jason

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
04-07-2014, 09:41 PM
Just confirmed with Drew@ORE that ENVY will be going under the knife starting April 29th. 👍🍻🎉

- Jason

Cuttin it close!!

OverlanderJK
04-07-2014, 09:42 PM
Why don't you put the lift on yourself? :thinking:

JAGS
04-07-2014, 10:08 PM
Why don't you put the lift on yourself? :thinking:

I probably would give it a try if only a lift.

Quite a bit more complicated doing it all at once. And time, schedule and abilities would prevent from getting done as quickly as possible.

- Jason

JAGS
04-07-2014, 10:56 PM
Cuttin it close!!

Eh, a little. ;) But should be plenty of time to get a local run or two along with a re-torque and diff check mixed in. :yup:

LAJK
04-08-2014, 01:27 AM
How did The 303 cleaner do on the fender flares?

JAGS
04-08-2014, 03:06 AM

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get to it this weekend. :grayno: Spent Sat with fam and Sun with some Wayalifers working on jeeps. Hopefully this week. Will post up how it works.

Moochie
04-08-2014, 03:10 AM

It works great on all plastic parts. It will even bring back the black on steel bumpers. I have been using it for years.

JAGS
04-08-2014, 03:13 AM
It works great on all plastic parts. It will even bring back the black on steel bumpers. I have been using it for years.

Sweet! That's what I was hoping to hear. I know 303 makes good stuff, but hadn't heard anyone chime in on the cleaner product. Thanks Moochie.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
04-08-2014, 03:19 AM
Sun with some Wayalifers working on jeeps.

I see how it is! 😜

Moochie
04-08-2014, 03:23 AM
Sweet! That's what I was hoping to hear. I know 303 makes good stuff, but hadn't heard anyone chime in on the cleaner product. Thanks Moochie.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about 303 protectant. That's all I ever use. Wash the Jeep and apply to the plastic with the 303, every few washes or so. Brings the soft top back to new looking also. Protects against sun damage while keeping the black plastic from turning grey.
I've never used the cleaner.

JAGS
04-08-2014, 03:26 AM
I see how it is! 

LOL. You didn't say anything about Sunday. :crazyeyes: It wasn't at my place, but I'm sure you could've joined. You need to be more precise on your availabilities and coming and goings. ;)

10frank9
04-08-2014, 03:27 AM
I see how it is! 😜

I'll hit you up next time can you turn a wrench? Or at least fetch them like JAGS? :cheesy:

JAGS
04-08-2014, 03:30 AM
Sorry, I thought you were talking about 303 protectant. That's all I ever use. Wash the Jeep and apply to the plastic with the 303, every few washes or so. Brings the soft top back to new looking also. Protects against sun damage while keeping the black plastic from turning grey.
I've never used the cleaner.

:doh: So I'm back to before. I'm hoping the cleaner will be just as quality. The stains I have get covered with 303, but as it wears off the stains are still there. Thinking the cleaner might lesson the stains???? We shall see.

JAGS
04-08-2014, 03:34 AM
I'll hit you up next time can you turn a wrench? Or at least fetch them like JAGS? :cheesy:

:cheesy::cheesy: I was waiting for the wise crack. Good one and mostly true. At least now I'm learning what most of the tools are to get the right one. :crazyeyes: And I did actually turn a few wrenches this time...so some slow progress being made. ;)

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
04-08-2014, 03:42 AM

I am always willing to help out and not bad of a mechanic if I do say so myself. I need to trim my fenders :brows:

LOL. You didn't say anything about Sunday. :crazyeyes: It wasn't at my place, but I'm sure you could've joined. You need to be more precise on your availabilities and coming and goings. ;)

My fault for the short notice to you guys on Saturday! Ill start sending y'all my weekly itineraries though and hopefully that improve our communication :cheesy:

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
04-08-2014, 03:44 AM
Ill try to remember to get a picture in the morning...I use this Meguiars spray stuff...similar to armor all but its good and doesn't cause your stuff to crack. Only way I have been able to get the dirt stains off and makes everything look better than new.

JAGS
04-08-2014, 04:50 AM
I am always willing to help out and not bad of a mechanic if I do say so myself. I need to trim my fenders :brows:

My fault for the short notice to you guys on Saturday! Ill start sending y'all my weekly itineraries though and hopefully that improve our communication :cheesy:

Fender trim! That was my first mod and first time hanging with other Wayalifers. Good times.

Lol, what was that like a 1hr notice. Ha ha kidding. Another time for sure!

Ill try to remember to get a picture in the morning...I use this Meguiars spray stuff...similar to armor all but its good and doesn't cause your stuff to crack. Only way I have been able to get the dirt stains off and makes everything look better than new.

I think I've used that along with mothers back to black. Both work good, but when the shine wears off, the stains are still there.

- Jason

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
04-08-2014, 02:55 PM
Fender trim! That was my first mod and first time hanging with other Wayalifers. Good times.

Lol, what was that like a 1hr notice. Ha ha kidding. Another time for sure!

I think I've used that along with mothers back to black. Both work good, but when the shine wears off, the stains are still there.

- Jason

It was about a 5 - 6 hour notice but close to 1! Hehe. Here is a picture of what I use,

I use that applicator brush in a circular motion...keeps tires looking new without the fast and furious shine and cleans and keeps the fenders looking new. They get a lil sparkle because the texture. I haven't had the dirt stains return and that Mojave mud was nasty after a week or two! I use this stuff on my interior panels also. Again it doesn't shine like that armor all crap so you don't get blinded after wiping down the dash...side note...haven't tried on my soft top and I have stains on that...I'll have to try and let you know how it is on the soft top...

LAJK
04-09-2014, 12:59 PM
Unfortunately I wasn't able to get to it this weekend. :grayno: Spent Sat with fam and Sun with some Wayalifers working on jeeps. Hopefully this week. Will post up how it works.

Where can I get some 303 cleaner at?

turbineguy
04-09-2014, 02:40 PM
Where can I get some 303 cleaner at?

All American Hardware and ACE stores carry it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS
04-10-2014, 07:24 AM
Nothing too special over the last couple days. Last night I was able to update the software on my Superchips Flashcal in preparation for the bigger tires and gearing and such. Almost sprung for the Flashpaq upgrade, but figured I honestly wouldn't be tweaking too much before the big Rubicon trip.

Today I gave the Jeep a bath today as I'll be transporting a co-worker in biz attire to a meeting. Used the 303 cleaner on the fenders and did an OK job. I think I'm going to buy a better scrub brush and hit it one more time. I used an old toothbrush I keep around for misc projects. I could see where a little better brush would do a better job. One surprise was I cleaned part of the frame rail with it, and that looks great. So a more detailed cleaning is in the future.

For those asking, I got my 303 cleaner on Amazon. Think it was around $14 or so.

JAGS
04-10-2014, 07:29 AM
It was about a 5 - 6 hour notice but close to 1! Hehe. Here is a picture of what I use,

I use that applicator brush in a circular motion...keeps tires looking new without the fast and furious shine and cleans and keeps the fenders looking new. They get a lil sparkle because the texture. I haven't had the dirt stains return and that Mojave mud was nasty after a week or two! I use this stuff on my interior panels also. Again it doesn't shine like that armor all crap so you don't get blinded after wiping down the dash...side note...haven't tried on my soft top and I have stains on that...I'll have to try and let you know how it is on the soft top...

I need a scrub brush for the 303. After the cleaner I used Back-to-Black and they look great. May give meguires a try, but the B2B bottle is lasting forever as you need to use a whole lot.

BTW, I'm going to be down in SD with my boy this Sat if ur down that way again. LOL. That's a two-day notice buddy. :yup::cheesy:

JAGS
04-13-2014, 04:56 PM
Just ordered up the EVO Oil Pan armor and the PS Evap Armor/Skid. Tried to also order up my mud flaps, trasharoo and ARB tire repair, but wouldn't take the "wayalife" discount code for those items at Northridge. :thinking:

JAGS
04-13-2014, 07:14 PM
Forgot to post some new red decals and stickers were added Friday before a trip down to San Diego.

Apparently in a spending mood today as i also picked up my spill kit, mopar offroad floor mats, new fire extinguisher strap for rear roll bar and new rear grab handles off of amazon. 👍 Will have much to post up in the brown Santa thread. 😉

- Jason

HighwayTrout
04-13-2014, 07:36 PM
That red banner looks awesome JAGS!

JAGS
04-13-2014, 07:48 PM
That red banner looks awesome JAGS!

Thanks. Took me a while as I had a chipped windshield wasnt sure could be fixed or to be replaced.

Temp fixed so figured Id rock the red banner!

- Jason

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
04-14-2014, 02:10 AM
Forgot to post some new red decals and stickers were added Friday before a trip down to San Diego.

Apparently in a spending mood today as i also picked up my spill kit, mopar offroad floor mats, new fire extinguisher strap for rear roll bar and new rear grab handles off of amazon. 👍 Will have much to post up in the brown Santa thread. 😉

- Jason

I like the red! Which extinguisher strap did you order?

JAGS
04-14-2014, 02:26 AM
I like the red! Which extinguisher strap did you order?

Thanks. Went with the red Rugged Ridge strap.

Today at SAMs club also picked up two 2 lb ABC DOT approved extinguishers for $24. Seemed like a good deal from what I saw online.

- Jason

JKWrang
04-14-2014, 02:39 AM

How does this stuff hold up? I used to use the armor all spray foam on my truck, but the trouble was it would look just as dingy, if not worse in a week. If this is better and doesn't soak up road grime, I think I will get this stuff ASAP.

Did you wind up using it on your soft top?

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
04-14-2014, 02:53 AM
How does this stuff hold up? I used to use the armor all spray foam on my truck, but the trouble was it would look just as dingy, if not worse in a week. If this is better and doesn't soak up road grime, I think I will get this stuff ASAP.

Did you wind up using it on your soft top?

The fenders look like new until I wheel again and dirt does it's thing and then I wash. If it's mud it stains, dust typically doesn't. My experience anyways. It doesn't accelerate the fading process like I've had armor all do on other vehicles and jeeps. My rig is covered in Death Valley dust so I'll try it on the soft top when I wash it next. It doesn't attract dirt or grime like armor all does, that stuff is a magnet! I haven't noticed it to attract dirt really in the many years I've used it to be honest...it gets dirty obviously but if you use armor all then you know what I mean.

JKWrang
04-14-2014, 02:56 AM
The fenders look like new until I wheel again and dirt does it's thing and then I wash. If it's mud it stains, dust typically doesn't. My experience anyways. It doesn't accelerate the fading process like I've had armor all do on other vehicles and jeeps. My rig is covered in Death Valley dust so I'll try it on the soft top when I wash it next. It doesn't attract dirt or grime like armor all does, that stuff is a magnet! I haven't noticed it to attract dirt really in the many years I've used it to be honest...it gets dirty obviously but if you use armor all then you know what I mean.

I do and I appreciate the feedback. I will probably get this in the future, armor all does have a tendency to look fresh upon application and then within 24 hours look like complete junk. I don't want an oil soaked tire/fender/dash - I want something clean

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
04-14-2014, 03:01 AM
I do and I appreciate the feedback. I will probably get this in the future, armor all does have a tendency to look fresh upon application and then within 24 hours look like complete junk. I don't want an oil soaked tire/fender/dash - I want something clean

That's my feeling and why I use this stuff. I would like to try this 303 stuff that Mr. Jags has been talking about before I derailed his thread :-P sorry bud! Feel free to PM me JKWrang with any other questions!

JAGS
04-14-2014, 03:21 AM
That's my feeling and why I use this stuff. I would like to try this 303 stuff that Mr. Jags has been talking about before I derailed his thread :-P sorry bud! Feel free to PM me JKWrang with any other questions!

Speak freely my friends. We all can learn. Mothers back to black is also better than Armor All IMHO. The stuff IBHWIJ used has gotten good reviews too.

For interior, use the the Turtle Wax premium interior. Stuff is the bomb on the dash, steering wheel, center consol, and inside doors. That was a tip a while back from no other than sir GCM2.

The 303 cleaner on the frame rails kind of surprised me. I'd buy it again just for that. Still need to buy a cleaning brush to tackle the fenders again.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
04-14-2014, 03:24 AM
Speak freely my friends. We all can learn. Mothers back to black is also better than Armor All IMHO. The stuff IBHWIJ used has gotten good reviews too.

For interior, use the the Turtle Wax premium interior. Stuff is the bomb on the dash, steering wheel, center consol, and inside doors. That was a tip a while back from no other than sir GCM2.

The 303 cleaner on the frame rails kind of surprised me. I'd buy it again just for that. Still need to buy a cleaning brush to tackle the fenders again.

I think I'm gonna get me some of that 303 stuff! Maybe I'll try that turtle stuff too...his rig always looks amazing! Also, IBHWIJ isn't bad haha!

CaliCrusher
04-14-2014, 03:41 AM
303 has worked well for me. I put it on the fenders, roof, and all the BK57 powder coated metal.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS
04-14-2014, 10:47 PM
Called up Northridge and was able to add some things to my existing order to get the 10% forum discount. :thumb: Now have my TeraFlex mud flaps, Black Trasharoo and ARB tire repair kit on the way too. Man I ordered a lot this weekend between N4x4 and Amazon.

The wife is gonna freak when she sees all the boxes. :eek::shock: LOL. I think I see a hubby sponsored shopping trip in her future. ;)

JAGS
04-17-2014, 01:31 AM
A couple boxes showed up today. Still a ton more misc junk on its way.

- Jason

JAGS
04-19-2014, 08:14 PM
thought I was going to install the PS evap skid. Maybe newb and stupid but can't figure out how to remove these two??? Looks like they have clips, but won't release.

Edit: got 3 of 4. The one on the bottom is still being a bitch.

Edit 2: was able to remove evap from frame to get better access to that last clip. Still ended up breaking it, but was able to re-use thanks to some tape and super glue. Rest of the install went fine and will post pics later.

- Jason

JAGS
04-20-2014, 01:31 AM
Updating with a few things that came in over the last couple days. Trasharoo, oil pan skid, evap skid, ARB flat repair, mopar mats, and some heavy duty straps.

- Jason

olram30
04-20-2014, 01:38 AM
i think i know what the ratchet straps are for..

JAGS
04-20-2014, 03:25 AM
Was able show ENVY some needed attention today and got quite a bit accomplished, though most of it minor. Various holders/handles, floor mats, Evap Skid install, jeep emblem plasti dipped, washers blacked out and installed on bumper.

Really like the PS evap skid. Actually gained ground clearance and DS clearance. The thing I solid as hell too.

- Jason

JAGS
04-22-2014, 10:49 PM
T-Minus 6 days and counting. Maybe it's cheesy to do a countdown, but ENVY goes under the knife next Monday. This build represents more than my Jeep, but much hard work and sacrifice in all facets. I've had my Jeep for just under two years, but this has been nearly four years in the making. ENVY is representative of coming out on the other side with something to show for it all. OK, enough of the personal story. :crazyeyes:

In all honesty, I'm just getting stoked. I've learned a lot from Wayalife.... Eddie, GCM2, McPuck, MTG, Drew@ORE, 10frank9, ttfhell and many other friends. Glad to finally get this build done and done right with quality shit! Not sure who is more excited though, me or my son. :yup:

OverlanderJK
04-23-2014, 12:11 AM
I'm coming out

Bout time.

cozdude
04-23-2014, 01:15 AM
Can't wait to see ENVY all evoed up!!

Sent from my iPhone

JAGS
04-23-2014, 01:36 AM
Bout time.

Ha ha. Nicely edited. 😉

Can't wait to see ENVY all evoed up!!

Sent from my iPhone

Goes for me too!!

JAGS
04-28-2014, 02:49 AM
Got her loaded up with some of her new toys. Off to ORE in the morning.

- Jason

gtony12
04-28-2014, 02:52 AM
Got her loaded up with some of her new toys. Off to ORE in the morning.

- Jason

Nice Jason looking forward to seeing some pictures:thumbup:

JAGS
04-28-2014, 03:04 AM
Nice Jason looking forward to seeing some pictures:thumbup:

Hopefully the next five days fly by.

- Jason

kyro
04-28-2014, 03:23 AM
cant wait to see what you got going on there mate:clap2:

JAGS
04-28-2014, 03:48 AM
cant wait to see what you got going on there mate:clap2:

Can't wait either kyro.

- Jason

Oscar35
04-28-2014, 06:16 AM
Nice. Can't wait for the new look. :thumbup:

JAGS
04-28-2014, 05:54 PM
Rig's now at ORE. :rock: Always a great experience whenever going there. Mel and Lisa were there and Lisa was nice enough to drive me over to the rental car place herself. I scored on that though as I got to sit passenger in EVOlander. :D Can't wait to take my son in to pick up ENVY.

branman
04-28-2014, 06:04 PM
Rig's now at ORE. :rock: Always a great experience whenever going there. Mel and Lisa were there and Lisa was nice enough to drive me over to the rental car place herself. I scored on that though as I got to sit passenger in EVOlander. :D Can't wait to take my son in to pick up ENVY.

Awesome! :thumb: I should be getting pretty close in the QUE are ORE. What is the name of the Rental Car Place?

rubicrawl
04-28-2014, 07:01 PM

Congrats brother can't wait to see it

JAGS
04-28-2014, 07:43 PM
Awesome! :thumb: I should be getting pretty close in the QUE are ORE. What is the name of the Rental Car Place?

Enterprise is the one I went to a few miles up the street.

- Jason

ridg3runner
04-28-2014, 07:45 PM

You should've taken Frank with you, he's lacking in the EVO Dept.

JAGS
05-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Oh yeah...things are happening. :rock: Looks like ENVY made ORE's FB page. :brows:

cozdude
05-01-2014, 08:09 PM
Oh yeah...things are happening. :rock: Looks like ENVY made ORE's FB page. :brows:

cant wait to see it done JAGS!!!

branman
05-01-2014, 08:13 PM

Awesome! Hopefully I'm next!

mcpuck
05-01-2014, 09:02 PM

Me too! Jase, is envy gonna be done tomorrow? Let me know and I will come down for that promised milk shake. :thumb::yup:

SaddleTramp
05-01-2014, 09:06 PM
Congrats, always fun checking EVO FB page for everyone's builds, even more fun when it's your own, looking great!

JAGS
05-01-2014, 09:27 PM
Me too! Jase, is envy gonna be done tomorrow? Let me know and I will come down for that promised milk shake. :thumb::yup:

Yup. Still on track to be done tomorrow. Maybe a place for a brew :beer: and a milkshake for my little guy. You gonna come by the shop and say hi to Mel? We should be there around 4.

JAGS
05-01-2014, 09:32 PM

Awesome! Hopefully I'm next!

Congrats, always fun checking EVO FB page for everyone's builds, even more fun when it's your own, looking great!

Thanks guys. Can't wait myself. Only minor hiccup was my new wheels need spacers to clear. :doh: But Drew sent me a message right away and had them ordered in two minutes and still kept the build on time!! So, yep, I'm an EVO whore... cuz they treat people right!

I'll be sure to post up lots of after pics.

olram30
05-01-2014, 09:42 PM
the rear corners and tire carrier are going to look nice!:thumb:

JAGS
05-01-2014, 10:02 PM
the rear corners and tire carrier are going to look nice!:thumb:

Tire carrier? :thinking: I was wondering what all those holes were for. :crazyeyes::cheesy:

I will admit, hard to contain my excitement after seeing that teaser pic. Made it all too real. :D

rubicrawl
05-01-2014, 10:23 PM
Wow that is awesome brother looking really good can't wait to see it done congrats

JAGS
05-03-2014, 04:32 AM
I cannot stop smiling. Perhaps the only person more excited than me is my son. Lol. ENVY came home today looking bad ass!!

- Jason

olram30
05-03-2014, 04:36 AM
:clap2: jeep lookin' great! hows the ride?

StrizzyChris
05-03-2014, 04:40 AM
Looks great! :thumb:

kyro
05-03-2014, 04:58 AM
looks bad ass mate well done on the build :clap2::clap2::clap2:

the wheels look good:thumb:

pvanweelden
05-03-2014, 05:04 AM
Looks awesome Jason! :thumbup:

I believe those are the same taillights I have on my tj, and plan on using on my jk- maxima with reverse on the outside. :thumbup:
Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Heholua
05-03-2014, 05:06 AM
Looking awesome JAGS!:thumbup:

JAGS
05-03-2014, 05:17 AM
^^^^ Thanks everyone. I'm liking everything about the way it looks. Hard to tell on the drive just yet. Have some driving restrictions because of the re-gear. Just drove it home in SoCal traffic.

- Jason

JAGS
05-03-2014, 05:23 AM
I believe those are the same taillights I have on my tj, and plan on using on my jk- maxima with reverse on the outside. :thumbup:

Same manufacturer. They are the new maxima low-profile LEDs. One of the first customers to get this new model. More LEDs than previous version. Clearer plastic. Liking the look.

- Jason

SDG
05-03-2014, 10:22 AM
Congrats man. Looks real nice!!!!

AllAmericanInfidel
05-03-2014, 12:48 PM
Wow, its come a long way! Congrats, your rig looks great!! :thumb:

Fir-na-tine
05-03-2014, 12:57 PM
She's a beauty Jay:clap2:......coming along nicely:yup:.....smiles everyone:D.....smiles:D

~Woodrow~

pastorwug
05-03-2014, 01:20 PM
I like the King Speed Bumps - been thinking about that for my JK as well - future Mod, maybe in the fall.

Good job!

I saw your Jeep at ORE - lots of good stuff there!

Not sure about Drew's beard though. :eek:

Canvas JK
05-03-2014, 01:40 PM
I like the direction you went.

Congrats.

What rims are those? They look like slabs but with out the headlock ring.

R/
Will

cozdude
05-03-2014, 01:46 PM
Looks awesome JAGS!!! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone

DirtyJeeP
05-03-2014, 02:29 PM
Congrats JAGS looks good. I'm liking the the two tone look.

rubicrawl
05-03-2014, 02:33 PM
I cannot stop smiling. Perhaps the only person more excited than me is my son. Lol. ENVY came home today looking bad ass!!

- Jason

Wow!! Brother it looks really nice congrats that's freakin awesome sooo when we going wheeling go break it in :)

mcpuck
05-03-2014, 04:38 PM
ENVY turned out really nice! :thumb: So, when are we going? :yup:

MTG
05-03-2014, 05:39 PM
Nice. You gonna break it in before the Rubicon?

ramin
05-03-2014, 06:05 PM
Envy looks great :thumb:Congrats :like::like:

JAGS
05-03-2014, 06:18 PM
Congrats man. Looks real nice!!!!

Wow, its come a long way! Congrats, your rig looks great!! :thumb:

She's a beauty Jay:clap2:......coming along nicely:yup:.....smiles everyone:D.....smiles:D

~Woodrow~

Had my son's baseball game at 8 am this morning. :crazyeyes: Just catching up here. Thanks for the positive posts. Possibly the longest wait for a build completion. :cheesy: Worth the wait being able to go EVO/King! :yup:

JAGS
05-03-2014, 06:22 PM
I like the King Speed Bumps - been thinking about that for my JK as well - future Mod, maybe in the fall.

Good job!

I saw your Jeep at ORE - lots of good stuff there!

Not sure about Drew's beard though. :eek:

Can't wait to get the gearing restrictions lifted so I can check out the speed bumps at walmart. Oh the kings ;) yeah, those should be cool speedbumps too.

I like the direction you went.

Congrats.

What rims are those? They look like slabs but with out the headlock ring.

R/
Will

Thanks Will. The wheels are Level 8 ZX. Ended up needing spacers to clear the rear links, but I like the way they look. I also picked up the optional ring guards, so will be using those when on the trails. The guards bolt up over the existing silver ring.

JAGS
05-03-2014, 06:29 PM
Looks awesome JAGS!!! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone

Congrats JAGS looks good. I'm liking the the two tone look.

ENVY turned out really nice! :thumb: So, when are we going? :yup:

Nice. You gonna break it in before the Rubicon?

Envy looks great :thumb:Congrats :like::like:

Thanks guys. The plan is to do at least a little wheeling before the Rubicon. Running out of available weekends. I'll try to get a little local run together.

ttfhell
05-03-2014, 07:02 PM
Looks good. Happy for you.

sean.m.adams33
05-03-2014, 07:05 PM
Awesome to see your Jeep get to this brother! It looks great!:brows:

JAGS
05-03-2014, 07:13 PM
Looks good. Happy for you.

We need to get it out in some dirt and rocks before the Rubicon.

Hightower
05-03-2014, 07:29 PM
So after some online research and more than I'd like to admit number of calls and emails to Drew@ORE, I found a slight adaptation to the rear brake lights on the EVO carrier. It's a just released LED slimline brake/reverse/turn light.

Install is a slight mod from the norm, but Mel and drew are sure they can make these work. One other person is running these. Just so happens I know the guy so got him to send me some pics.

They just came in today from brown Santa!!!

- Jason

Hi Jason

I have EVO skins and fenders as well I like these light could you please post a couple more pictures of them on your rig? You said Mel needed to make a mod to make them work what was that mod and who manufactures the light lights?
Sorry for all the questions.. :eek:

PS rad looking rig..:thumb:
Chris

crowrb29
05-03-2014, 07:36 PM
Rig is looking awesome man. Just shows what a little patience can do. You must be so happy.

DirtyJeeP
05-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Thanks guys. The plan is to do at least a little wheeling before the Rubicon. Running out of available weekends. I'll try to get a little local run together.

Id love to get out on the trail to get ENVY dirty after the recent upgrades. Let me know when hopefully I don't have to work.

Oscar35
05-03-2014, 07:56 PM
Came out nice Jags! :thumbup:

ChaosNein
05-03-2014, 08:06 PM
Hi Jason

I have EVO skins and fenders as well I like these light could you please post a couple more pictures of them on your rig? You said Mel needed to make a mod to make them work what was that mod and who manufactures the light lights?

Chris

ZERO mods needed for these lights. Just need the resistor that all of the LED lights need.

- Drew

JAGS
05-03-2014, 08:23 PM
Hi Jason

Chris

ZERO mods needed for these lights. Just need the resistor that all of the LED lights need.

- Drew

Thanks Chris.

And like Drew said, no "mods" needed. Just a different type of install since they don't use the rubber grommet. But nothing altered. I'll go snap some more pics and see if I can also find the link. I bought the lights on ebay and the resisters on amazon.

10frank9
05-03-2014, 09:24 PM
Jeep looks all grown up J. Congrats now go to the mall and hit some curbs.

JAGS
05-03-2014, 09:34 PM
Jeep looks all grown up J. Congrats now go to the mall and hit some curbs.

Thanks Frank. The first trip to Wallmart might bring a tear to my eye. :cheesy:

10frank9
05-03-2014, 09:56 PM
Thanks Frank. The first trip back to Pearla's Crochet World WILL bring a tear to my eye. :cheesy:

Fixed it for you :cheesy:

JAGS
05-03-2014, 10:11 PM
A few folks have noticed the slightly different tail lights I went with on my EVO corners. Fellow forum member, Strainger, actually gave me the idea. He runs the original version on his rig. When I started looking into them, the company just came out with version 2 the same week. They weren't even in distribution yet. The company is Maxxima and they are a manufacturer for the big rig industry. That was good to know that they were of decent quality and been around a long time.

The lights I have are the Maxxima Slim Hybrid 4" Round LED all-in-one. They have more LEDs, clearer plastic, and slightly lower profile than version one. Per request, here are some more pics at different angles of the rear lights.

Here's a good shot showing the area I was worried about. I didn't want the edge of the light to go beyond that edge of the corner. Because it ends inside that edge, I think it still provides for nice clean install and one that doesn't look like an afterthought.

Here's a good side pic showing external mount. They stick out about 5/8 of an inch. That might not be for everyone, but it didn't/doesn't bother me. Even the grommet of the recessed light sticks out a little. And I was more worried about the diameter going beyond that edge as noted above, which it clearly does not. I think they look good and I don't have to worry about a reverse light right away. Now I may still want rear LED dust lights later on, but I now have time to decide which ones.

Here's some links in case you want to look into the lights http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=351022395259 or resistors http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=291085592646 a bit more. Though I advise getting the resistors on Amazon, as I found them to be a bit cheaper.

JAGS
05-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Fixed it for you :cheesy:

You know me enough to know I get teary every trip there. :blush: Reminds me of our first mall crawler convention. ;):cheesy:

pvanweelden
05-03-2014, 10:33 PM
I have owned the original maxxima on my tj for 3 years with no issues with them. The amount of light from the reverse lights is awesome! Glad I have waited to order them for the jk, I had no idea they were making the new model. Thanks for the link Jason!

JAGS
05-03-2014, 10:52 PM
I have owned the original maxxima on my tj for 3 years with no issues with them. The amount of light from the reverse lights is awesome! Glad I have waited to order them for the jk, I had no idea they were making the new model. Thanks for the link Jason!

Happy to help Paul. I had no idea about the new model either. Glad I did some research and discovered it on Maxxima's main site as it was not on any retailers sites at the time. Looks to be 1/3 more led diodes (if that's what they call them?) than the original version. Not sure if that will translate to 1/3 brighter. But either case, they look cool.

Hightower
05-04-2014, 05:45 PM

- Drew
Thx Brother Ill send you an email at work. :thumb:

Thanks Chris.

And like Drew said, no "mods" needed. Just a different type of install since they don't use the rubber grommet. But nothing altered. I'll go snap some more pics and see if I can also find the link. I bought the lights on ebay and the resisters on amazon.

Thx

A few folks have noticed the slightly different tail lights I went with on my EVO corners. Fellow forum member, Strainger, actually gave me the idea. He runs the original version on his rig. When I started looking into them, the company just came out with version 2 the same week. They weren't even in distribution yet. The company is Maxxima and they are a manufacturer for the big rig industry. That was good to know that they were of decent quality and been around a long time.

The lights I have are the Maxxima Slim Hybrid 4" Round LED all-in-one. They have more LEDs, clearer plastic, and slightly lower profile than version one. Per request, here are some more pics at different angles of the rear lights.

Here's a good shot showing the area I was worried about. I didn't want the edge of the light to go beyond that edge of the corner. Because it ends inside that edge, I think it still provides for nice clean install and one that doesn't look like an afterthought.

Here's a good side pic showing external mount. They stick out about 5/8 of an inch. That might not be for everyone, but it didn't/doesn't bother me. Even the grommet of the recessed light sticks out a little. And I was more worried about the diameter going beyond that edge as noted above, which it clearly does not. I think they look good and I don't have to worry about a reverse light right away. Now I may still want rear LED dust lights later on, but I now have time to decide which ones.

Here's some links in case you want to look into the lights http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=351022395259 or resistors http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=291085592646 a bit more. Though I advise getting the resistors on Amazon, as I found them to be a bit cheaper.

Install looks awesome, I want me a set..:rock:

JAGS
05-04-2014, 07:41 PM
A little time today so chasing down a newish squeak. Not sure what it is?? It is NOT related to suspension as it seems to be coming from inside the rear trunk/cab area. Was there before, but not as bad. Unloaded everything. Tightened seats and door/tailgate bolts. Still there.

Maybe loose factory role cage bolts in the back? Something else?

- Jason

JAGS
05-04-2014, 08:19 PM
Well, not rear cage bolts. Note to other newbs, cage is welded/spot welded in back. Lol. Guess one way to learn is to start taking shit apart. 😉😂

- Jason

JAGS
05-04-2014, 09:41 PM
Painted the stock muffler/exhaust with some plasti dip. That should last right. kidding. Used some high heat rustolium.

Gave up on the squeak as I needed a driver other than myself so I can be in back trying pinpoint it. It will on another week. 😞

- Jason

ProfessionalDriver
05-04-2014, 10:32 PM
Looks awesome JAGS!

JeepFan
05-04-2014, 10:44 PM
A little time today so chasing down a newish squeak. Not sure what it is?? It is NOT related to suspension as it seems to be coming from inside the rear trunk/cab area. Was there before, but not as bad. Unloaded everything. Tightened seats and door/tailgate bolts. Still there.

Maybe loose factory role cage bolts in the back? Something else?

- Jason

Hey Jason. When does it squeak?
Going over bumps.
Going over bumps with the brakes applied.
Making turns.
Pulling into a driveway.
Does it sound like its inside or outside.
Certain speeds.

Your rig looks great and I bet it rides great too!

JAGS
05-05-2014, 12:04 AM
Hey Jason. When does it squeak?
Going over bumps.
Going over bumps with the brakes applied.
Making turns.
Pulling into a driveway.
Does it sound like its inside or outside.
Certain speeds.

Your rig looks great and I bet it rides great too!

Took me all damn day, but I found "the squeak" basically on accident. Had pretty much given up. The wife needed to go somewhere and I was blocking the garage. As I was closing the jeep to move it, the tire carrier just happened to make a soft squeak. But it was so similar I thought, damn, what if its the carrier.

So out came a little WD40 right at where the drivers side hinge joints rest on/in carrier bracket. Wouldn't u Fn know it!!! Squeak's gone!

And yes Tony, it does ride awesome!!!😃😎 suspension is great, gearing upgrade to 513s is awesome. Im very thankful for all the advice and recommendations received and what I ended up with. ORE did great work and even did some little touches was not expecting. Kudos.

Being my first jeep and first build, Im still smiling like a little kid.

- Jason

JAGS
05-05-2014, 12:07 AM
Looks awesome JAGS!

Thanks Brian. I'll be in Bako for work every few months, so hopefully can work in a Sud n Cigars. 🍻

- Jason

MTG
05-05-2014, 02:45 AM
WD40 is a solvent not a lubricant. :thumb:

kyro
05-05-2014, 02:49 AM
glad you found the noise
nothing worse then a rattle you cant find, it just drives you nuts lol:eek:

JAGS
05-05-2014, 02:51 AM
WD40 is a solvent not a lubricant. :thumb:

Liquid wrench? Grease? Which would be better... Or neither. I have LW, but would need to buy right grease.

- Jason

ttfhell
05-05-2014, 03:38 AM
Liquid wrench? Grease? Which would be better... Or neither. I have LW, but would need to buy right grease.

- Jason

KY. Astroglide.

10frank9
05-05-2014, 03:38 AM
KY. Astroglide.

Yeah the flavored kind.

JAGS
05-05-2014, 04:00 AM
Yeah the flavored kind.

Cool a 2fer! 😂😂

- Jason

ProfessionalDriver
05-05-2014, 04:30 AM
Thanks Brian. I'll be in Bako for work every few months, so hopefully can work in a Sud n Cigars. 🍻

- Jason

Sounds good! Keep me posted.

JAGS
05-07-2014, 05:50 AM
Stopped by Americas Tire on the way home after work and picked up the road hazard insurance for my new Nitto trail graps.

Still need to go back and do a rebalance on the new tires/wheels. Didn't have time to wait tonight.

- Jason

seanb33
05-07-2014, 06:02 AM
How do you like the evo enforcer with the king 2.5's? I'm looking to do this set up

JAGS
05-07-2014, 06:20 AM
How do you like the evo enforcer with the king 2.5's? I'm looking to do this set up

I'm still getting used to it on the road, but enjoying the ride. Think I need to make a PSI adjustment and a rebalance on the tires, but the ride and steering is really good. I did the drag link as part of the suspension.

The new stance/height is awesome. Been getting a lot more looks over the last few days. Could be the entire look. But I know you have the carrier and other things as well.

I can't wait to take it off road! And also get some speed under it to test out the shocks and the king bump stops.

- Jason

seanb33
05-07-2014, 06:41 AM
I'm still getting used to it on the road, but enjoying the ride. Think I need to make a PSI adjustment and a rebalance on the tires, but the ride and steering is really good. I did the drag link as part of the suspension.

The new stance/height is awesome. Been getting a lot more looks over the last few days. Could be the entire look. But I know you have the carrier and other things as well.

I can't wait to take it off road! And also get some speed under it to test out the shocks and the king bump stops.

- Jason

Cool man! Your jeep is looking great and I'm glad you're happy! Hope to see you on the trails soon and report back how the shocks and plush rides are doing for you! I'm about to get the 4" evo coils and was thinking about the king 2.5". Can't stand my current set up

DMF
05-07-2014, 08:36 PM
Jags, your jeep looks amazing! I can hardly recognize it now. I know it's a long time from now but I will make my appt there either in July or early August for my gears and lockers.

JAGS
05-07-2014, 09:09 PM
Jags, your jeep looks amazing! I can hardly recognize it now. I know it's a long time from now but I will make my appt there either in July or early August for my gears and lockers.

Thanks Dave. Just a little different than the last time you saw it. :crazyeyes: Glad your hanging out here. Hopefully there will be a SnG or other event soon, so you meet some other folks too. :yup:

And ORE will take good care of you. I can now say this from personal experience as a customer AND someone who has had them work on their Jeep.

JAGS
05-07-2014, 09:22 PM
Took the jeep in to the local America's Tires as I suspected it needed the tire balancing tweaked. Sure enough, my little steering wheel shimmy getting up to speed is now gone.

Ride is super smooth and found myself wanting to push it way past the 68 mph mark. Gearing, ride, steering were all awesome. But Mr Drew said got to keep speeds near 65 with the new gears for 500 miles.

- Jason

DMF
05-07-2014, 11:26 PM
Thanks Dave. Just a little different than the last time you saw it. :crazyeyes: Glad your hanging out here. Hopefully there will be a SnG or other event soon, so you meet some other folks too. :yup:

And ORE will take good care of you. I can now say this from personal experience as a customer AND someone who has had them work on their Jeep.

I"m definitely looking forward to the next SnG. Hopefully I would have already made my visit to ORE when it happens.

This site is my crack cocaine. I will probably get fired for visiting it so much during work :eek:

JAGS
05-13-2014, 10:11 PM
Decided to check out the optional guards for my Level 8s today. Changes the look up quite a bit.

Also realized its damn hot outside. Will it look funny if I just have one on? Need to decide to put the other three on take the one off. Lol.

- Jason

DirtyJeeP
05-13-2014, 11:02 PM
Decided to check out the optional guards for my Level 8s today. Changes the look up quite a bit.

Also realized its damn hot outside. Will it look funny if I just have one on? Need to decide to put the other three on take the one off. Lol.

- Jason

Those look good JAGS. I think you should just put one on the passenger rear and call it good. It'll look sweet.

xkid
05-13-2014, 11:20 PM
Rig looks great

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

fancyHippo
05-14-2014, 02:37 AM

Those tail lights! :thumb: :clap2:

JAGS
05-14-2014, 02:53 AM
Rig looks great

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Those tail lights! :thumb: :clap2:

Thanks for the feedback. 🍻

I will say the reverse on the lights is absolutely brighter than stock. The fam is so busy right now haven't been able to get the wife to slow down long enough to take a pic. Will try to do so at some point.

I also now need to adjust my TruckLites as I'm blinding people in front of me. 😎

- Jason

JaySC
05-14-2014, 03:20 AM

Those tail lights are sick...I want those! Great looking rig :rock:

JAGS
05-14-2014, 03:46 AM
Those tail lights are sick...I want those! Great looking rig :rock:

Thanks Jay. I'm gonna see if I can get night pics tonight and post em up later.

- Jason

DA RUNT
05-14-2014, 05:07 AM
Looks great, i'm loving those wheels

JAGS
05-14-2014, 06:10 AM
Here's some night shots of the rear LEDs. Really appreciate the feedback on these. After a week+ with them, I like the look and as these pics show, function great too.

Base line pic. No lights.

Brake light.

Reverse light.

Reverse rear facing at 5 yards and about 15 yards. Obviously not rigids, but awesome for what they are and how they are wired.

- Jason

JaySC
05-14-2014, 06:25 AM
Those lights are bright..from what I've read, ORE did the install? Asking because I'm wondering how easy the install was.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

JAGS
05-14-2014, 06:39 AM
Those lights are bright..from what I've read, ORE did the install? Asking because I'm wondering how easy the install was.

Yup. ORE did the install when they did the corners/carrier. No mods needed. I just had to buy the lights and bring them in. Along with the resisters. If you decide to go this direction, just get the ones I linked to as they have more LEDs. 👍

- Jason

JaySC
05-14-2014, 06:44 AM
Definitely thinking about it. Here's my problem...I want rear lights connected to a switch rather than my transmission. However, when the little lady drives the Jeep, she hits the switch so that the rear lights become reverse lights...nothing wrong with that, except she's now drained the battery twice. So now my rear lights are connected to the transmission instead. Your setup would be a great option and allow me to still run rear lights separate from reverse lights.

OverlanderJK
05-14-2014, 06:47 AM
Definitely thinking about it. Here's my problem...I want rear lights connected to a switch rather than my transmission. However, when the little lady drives the Jeep, she hits the switch so that the rear lights become reverse lights...nothing wrong with that, except she's now drained the battery twice. So now my rear lights are connected to the transmission instead. Your setup would be a great option and allow me to still run rear lights separate from reverse lights.

You can wore your rear lights into the reverse and also into a switch. That way they come on when in reverse but you can also turn them on on the trail. Does that make sense?

JaySC
05-14-2014, 06:57 AM
Yeah...that was one option I was considering before I saw Jason's set up. I'm supposed to pick up my jeep tomorrow so I'll see how much of a turnaround time Drew needs to do that.

JAGS
05-14-2014, 07:03 AM

This is my plan. I didn't want the super bright spot LEDs (rigid or similar) to also be my everyday reverse. Just my own preference.

I'll be doing separate LEDs as additional lights out back on a switch that will also have amber covers for dust lights when needed.

^^ you can also do as Overlander said if you don't mind having the same LEDs for reverse and other uses. I almost went this route, but then found my lights and decided to give them a try.

- Jason

JaySC
05-14-2014, 07:11 AM
I do prefer your set up and I'm sure I'll make the switch eventually. Thanks for the info. Much obliged! And again great build...hope to run some trails with you soon. I think Mel mentioned he would be setting something up in the summer so maybe I'll get a chance to meet you all there.

JAGS
05-14-2014, 07:15 AM
I do prefer your set up and I'm sure I'll make the switch eventually. Thanks for the info. Much obliged! And again great build...hope to run some trails with you soon. I think Mel mentioned he would be setting something up in the summer so maybe I'll get a chance to meet you all there.

You bet Jay. I heard some rumblings of Mel setting something up as well. Would be cool to hit some trails with you as well. I'm still getting my wheeling legs beneath me. Lol. Shoot me a PM if you ever want to roll out. 👍

- Jason