The Evolution of ENVY Build

Looking good Jason. Keep pressing on. Hey I know this guy who does custom vinyl work that can make a hood decal for you.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

JAGS

Hooked
Looking good Jason. Keep pressing on. Hey I know this guy who does custom vinyl work that can make a hood decal for you.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

Thanks Will. 

I'd need to think of something worth putting on. But it crossed my mind. 

- Jason

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
Trying to get this thread up to speed, I realize I missed a mod. After skins and before LOD bumper, I ordered my EVO sliders with the custom "step" angle.

At 5'8 with shoes and a lift on the horizon, I'll need all the help. Lol

So I ordered them raw from ORE and then had them powder coated locally and welded at local weld shop recommended by a neighbor. Both came out great and I love these things. Even the welder/metalworker, said damn these are strong.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394420752.617648.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394420795.895127.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394420828.158656.jpg

- Jason

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
Truck-lites!!!! Wholly crap. If you do not believe the hype on these, let me tell you, all the good reviews are true.

Let me also say, that if my 9 yr old son and I can do the install in about an hour and half, anyone can do this. Just follow Eddie's write up step by step.

Though I was fortunate enough to win these in the drawing on this forum (thanks yet again truck-lite a WAL) I would truly say paying for these is worth the investment.

As said, my son and tackled these and it was a blast doing it with him. Best part was after starting the second light, he turned to me and said "someday I think I want my own jeep, this is fun!" Future Wayalifer.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394602006.529533.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394602045.669917.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394602062.312223.jpg

A before and after. Yeah, that drastic!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394602115.066782.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394602133.532510.jpg

- Jason

Last edited:

JeepFan

Hooked
Looks awesome Jason. Night and day difference. :)

Also, I think its great your son helped out with the install; he looked totally into the project.

JAGS

Hooked
So after some online research and more than I'd like to admit number of calls and emails to Drew@ORE, I found a slight adaptation to the rear brake lights on the EVO carrier. It's a just released LED slimline brake/reverse/turn light.

Install is a slight mod from the norm, but Mel and drew are sure they can make these work. One other person is running these. Just so happens I know the guy so got him to send me some pics.

They just came in today from brown Santa!!!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394921333.986189.jpg

- Jason

JKbrick

Trying to get this thread up to speed, I realize I missed a mod. After skins and before LOD bumper, I ordered my EVO sliders with the custom "step" angle.

- Jason

Is the custom "step angle" more flat than normal or do you have to give them an actual angle?

JAGS

Hooked
More things showing up. This was dropped off via white Santa late yesterday afternoon. My new 1350 front DS.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395014204.798628.jpg

- Jason

JAGS

Hooked
More goodies!!! My rearvEVO D ring mounts. Should look bad ass with the new EVO tire carrier. 👍
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395169412.348025.jpg

- Jason

JAGS

Hooked
Do you plan to flush mount them? I have a set sitting in my garage that I want to flush mount but it looks like you have to re-weld the crossmember

That is the plan. Will see how it goes. I have a local welder on the cheap (and is good) so that part isn't the issue, just not sure when to cut the cross member, before or after the install.

Top Bottom