The Evolution of ENVY Build

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yup, like you being a smartass...highly customized for each situation. :cheesy:

The list note was just a copy and paste thing from ORE's site. Am I missing something on the bump stops?

Maybe. You know they don't make 2.5 bump stops right?

JAGS

Hooked
I would recommend going GenRight and then later change your mind and go EVO...Ill then buy the GenRight off of you for a reduced price of course :wink:

Ha ha. Wouldn't put it past me to change my mind....I'm kind of known for that. LOL.

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
First Mod to Envy consisted of tinting the windows and some plasti-dip on the door hinges within a month or so (July 2012). Lame.

ENVY Tint and plasti-dip.jpg

That initial hinge plasti-dip is still there though and holding up, and I think the black hinges look cool. Was a little while yet before I built up the nerve to any sort of real mod. Was still pretty new to the whole Jeep thing.

JKWrang

First Mod to Envy consisted of tinting the windows and some plasti-dip on the door hinges within a month or so (July 2012). Lame.

View attachment 72120

That initial hinge plasti-dip is still there though and holding up, and I think the black hinges look cool. Was a little while yet before I built up the nerve to any sort of real mod. Was still pretty new to the whole Jeep thing.

I wanted to do that to my silver JK. Looks good!

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

TNuggs13

When you plasti dipped the hinges did you do it with the doors on or off? Also, could you post a pic of the hinges? Looking forward to the progress of your build as well!

JAGS

Hooked
When you plasti dipped the hinges did you do it with the doors on or off? Also, could you post a pic of the hinges? Looking forward to the progress of your build as well!

With the doors on and tapped off the hinge and bracket. Dipped, 3 coats, then removed tape while still wet from final coat.

It's dark at the moment but will take closer pic to show how they still look more than year an half later.

- Jason

TNuggs13

With the doors on and tapped off the hinge and bracket. Dipped, 3 coats, then removed tape while still wet from final coat.

It's dark at the moment but will take closer pic to show how they still look more than year an half later.

- Jason

Once they dried did you have any problems with it chipping or wrinkling? I've never used it before and was wondering. I think it might be good to do to help protect the hinge when taking the doors on and off.

JAGS

Hooked
Once they dried did you have any problems with it chipping or wrinkling? I've never used it before and was wondering. I think it might be good to do to help protect the hinge when taking the doors on and off.

None yet, knock on wood. But it is just coating in a can. You can always peel as re-apply as necessary.

I recently saw at the local Home Depot they now carry grey and red plasti-dip in spray.

- Jason

JAGS

Hooked

Here's a slightly better pic of passenger hinges. Hope this helps.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394213424.128001.jpg

- Jason

JAGS

Hooked
Catching up on mods already done, the next one done was installing my CB. Went with the handheld Midland 75. Currently using a RR CB antenna mount on the stock tire carrier. Ran coax inside the tailgate then along passenger side under carpet up to front center console. Works great and I'm happy with it till I need/want to upgrade.

Then came a real modification requiring some cutting. :eek: A few forum friends got together for a fender trim party. Not wanting to tackle this alone (again, major newb), I decided to cut mine too, even with stock bumpers. The trim came out good though.

IMG_2664.jpg IMG_2691.jpg IMG_2749.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
Next mod, never used 2013 premium soft top. Great deal for a great soft top. Im loving it.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394319733.349101.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394319797.272137.jpg

Fast forwarding to just a few months ago, was my LoD armor lite shorty with stinger. Went LoD just to be a little unique. Ttfhell is the only other I know running it. I like it and LoD quality was spoken highly of by those more knowledgable than I.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394320121.639588.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394320153.579624.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394320190.809677.jpg

- Jason

JAGS

Hooked
My first EVO product. Added the skins. Yes I needed help/encouragement, yes it was insane drilling holes, yes it looks bad ass. I don't think I could drill the first hole myself actually. But after the first, there is no turning back.

IMG_3203.jpg
IMG_3204.jpg
IMG_3206.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
Jags, rig looks great, looking forward to following this one! What fire extinguisher mount are you using here? I've got one in the back on the cage but would like one too with easier access like you have here.

Thanks. Have a few more mods to post to get things caught up.

This is just a mini extinguisher as I too run larger off the rear stock cage. I just like having a little something right there, just in case. Hopefully never need it. I'm not going to put out a major fire, but maybe buy time while someone grabs my larger one. Or can be quick to help out a fellow jeeper on the trail. Believe it or not found this at Target of all places and it came with a mount. The holes just happened to line up with those on the seat frame. Just needed a few washers and nuts and bolts sized to fit through the holes.

JAGS

Hooked
Rig is coming along quickly! Excited to see it come together.

Thanks Sean. Been a long while in the making, much longer than originally thought.

In the end, I think I'm going to be happy with my decisions and how ENVY will hopefully continue to progress over time.

Top Bottom