Tires

jiggawhatpolo

Ok I am buying tires for my jk. I have the 3 inch zone lift. And th factory 17's. I think I am going to get the 315/70r17. What psi do need to run? Also know I need 1.5 spacers.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
it varies for everyone but most will run them around 28 psi. i suggest start there and to the chalk test to make sure you get the most even wear possible. put a thick line of chalk across the tire and air down. if it is even wear all the way across the chalk will be evenly removed. to little air and there will be more chalk in the middle of the tire. to much air and the sides of the tire will have little chalk removed.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So you know, 315's are typically TALLER and a 35" tire and come in closer to a small 37. With just 3" of lift, you will most likely see some rubbing of your fenders at a full flex. You may find the need to trim them. Granted, not all tires measure the same and most lifts tend to sit on the high side. Just something I thought I should point out.

Regarding PSI, about 30 is as I high as I would go but, as mentioned, it depends. Could be you'll need less by a bit.

jiggawhatpolo

I was thinking about getting the treadwright Guard dogs. In 315/70 17. Do you think I should go with the 285?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking about getting the treadwright Guard dogs. In 315/70 17. Do you think I should go with the 285?

Most 285's will have an actual measurement that's closer to an advertised 35" tire but, if you can find a 305, it'll be a better match.

Did you mean 315's are taller THAN a 35"? I never knew that. :thinking:

Yes, most 315's will have an actual measurement that is TALLER than a tire that has 35" listed on the sidewall.

jiggawhatpolo

They only have 315/70r17. And 285/70/17 on their site they say 35 outside measure. Now I am torn

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
They only have 315/70r17. And 285/70/17 on their site they say 35 outside measure. Now I am torn

check out discount tire. they have tons to choose from for tire makes. maybe you will see another tire tread you like in the size you want as well. discounttiredirect.com

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
$249 was the cheapest. Treadwright are 159.

Don't know if it makes a difference to you, but Discount Tire offers the tire certificates for repair, refund or replacement. This has saved my ass on more than one occasion. Its basically a warranty for your tires. Treadwright does not do this. Just a thought.

dahreno

Banned
Did the people who told him what psi to run already know if it is a 2 or 4 door? Do they know what bumpers, winch, or know what this Jeep weighs? I'm just wondering how you know? what load rating are the tires? I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I really want to know.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Did the people who told him what psi to run already know if it is a 2 or 4 door? Do they know what bumpers, winch, or know what this Jeep weighs? I'm just wondering how you know? what load rating are the tires? I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I really want to know.

2 door. From his profile he has very little mods done. As far as load rating he hasn't picked tires yet. He just gave us a size he is looking at

Sent from my iPhone

Brankz

So you know, 315's are typically TALLER and a 35" tire and come in closer to a small 37. With just 3" of lift, you will most likely see some rubbing of your fenders at a full flex. You may find the need to trim them. Granted, not all tires measure the same and most lifts tend to sit on the high side. Just something I thought I should point out.

Regarding PSI, about 30 is as I high as I would go but, as mentioned, it depends. Could be you'll need less by a bit.

I don't want to start something but maybe you can explained to me?
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393555329.645466.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

28PSI is 28PSI doesn't really matter what rig you have.

Top Bottom