Tires

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I get the standard size tires do not measure close to what the sidewall does. I think there was confusion in what I was asking and what you were getting at. I was not contesting the size of a 35, but rather that a 285/70r17 measured close to a 35. I think what you meant was a 285/70r17 or a 285/75r17 measures closer to the speced height and not that they are close to a 35.

If I am wrong please let me know.

PS My 285/70r17 measure 32" at 32PSI on a 8.5"wide rim.

Again, I have never seen a 33" tire have an actual measurement that is much more than 31" and a 35" that measured much more than about 33" and in some cases, I have seen them come in at closer to 32" as is the case with a BFG. I would also agree with you that a 285/75r17 would come up to close to 34" and given the circumstances, I would argue that a 285/70R17 is closer is size to an advertised 35" tire than a 33" tire. Of course, my original point to the OP was that a 315 would be BIGGER than an advertised 35" tire and that it was something he should be aware of. That's all.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
FWIW: my question that I later edited away was only for my clarification, not to second guess based on interweb calculators. I didn't know this about the metric tire sizes... (I learned something today!)

LOL!! Sorry about that. I didn't see that until now :D

SDG

Caught the Bug
Related question:

Are the nitto K spec trail grapplers still avaliable? From looking at discount tires site I canst see anything on them. Does ORE still carry them?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Related question:

Are the nitto K spec trail grapplers still avaliable? From looking at discount tires site I canst see anything on them. Does ORE still carry them?

The K Specs are only available in a 40" tire.

Top Bottom