First Look at the 2015 Jeep Renegade - Yea or Nay?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just saw this on Jalopnik - check it out....

2015 Jeep Renegade: This Is It
Untitled-1.jpg

A source tells us the image above is of the new baby Jeep, which we know believe is the 2015 Jeep Renegade. The reportedly Fiat-based Jeep was supposed to debut at next week's Geneva Motor Show, but someone decided to show it early. What do you think?P

This particular photo shows it on dirt, wearing the same exterior as the Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk — meaning this little Jeep is still designed to be trail-rated. The best feature? It's possible it comes with a removable roof.P

While early reports pointed heavily to it being Fiat 500L-based, these images look awfully like the Fiat Panda 4x4. Appearance aside, it's still likely related to the Fiat 500L /500X platform.P

Details to come, but for now enjoy the latest entry into the expanding and popular Jeep lineup.

http://jalopnik.com/2015-jeep-renegade-this-is-it-1534601079

robx251

Caught the Bug
Big nay. Squared off 500. :thumbdown:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKWrang

Idk if you guys realize that these newer Jeeps are evolving just like their competitors. The cherokee and the more economic models like the compass arent designed for us here following the Wayalife, but the "sporty" SUV crowd of soccer moms whose husbands wont be caught dead in a minivan.

Look at the Aston Martin inspired Ford's versus the fairly unevolved Chevrolet lines. The new dodge lines are fairly similar to the Jeep line except for the grill and the 14+ models are all beginning to take their own shape.

Personally I like it, at least for my wife. Ill stick with my Wrangler of course, but in the grand scheme of things Jeep has to sell or it dies. And if it dies we own the last of the Wranglers. Unfortunately there arent enough of us in the overall market to keep Jeep running by itself so im okay with sharing the brand with mall crawlers and SUV soccer moms so long as some part of the brand keeps its integrity like the Wrangler has and, likely, always will.

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

JKU EXTREME

Hell Nay. That looks deformed, I don't like where all this is going. Now what are we supposed to suspect the new jeep wrangler is going to look like.

bumpus

Assume that it's a replacement for the Patriot. I'm not completely sold on the looks, something is just a little 'off' with the way the square grill fits onto a vehicle that seems just be a squared off bubble. On the plus side, it looks like it has pretty good ground clearance and the short overhangs should give reasonable approach and departure angles. Combined with removable roof panels it could be a pretty fun little crossover wagon.

StrizzyChris

I love how they are riding everyone's love for the color anvil and using that to introduce all their new models :crazyeyes:

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Idk if you guys realize that these newer Jeeps are evolving just like their competitors. The cherokee and the more economic models like the compass arent designed for us here following the Wayalife, but the "sporty" SUV crowd of soccer moms whose husbands wont be caught dead in a minivan.

Look at the Aston Martin inspired Ford's versus the fairly unevolved Chevrolet lines. The new dodge lines are fairly similar to the Jeep line except for the grill and the 14+ models are all beginning to take their own shape.

Personally I like it, at least for my wife. Ill stick with my Wrangler of course, but in the grand scheme of things Jeep has to sell or it dies. And if it dies we own the last of the Wranglers. Unfortunately there arent enough of us in the overall market to keep Jeep running by itself so im okay with sharing the brand with mall crawlers and SUV soccer moms so long as some part of the brand keeps its integrity like the Wrangler has and, likely, always will.

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

These are my thoughts exactly. I always rant this when people complain about the MKs and, even though the Cherokees front ends are heinous they are very nice inside and performance wise (surprisingly). So I understand them making vehicles that compete with Subaru who's pretty much all in their own little world as far as small awd vehicles go. I think this is a nice replacement for the boxy and good looking Patriot (even though it'll be smaller).

Having started my Jeep addiction with a '12 FDII Patriot (the Trail Rated 4x4 model) I absolutely love this and am interested to see how it looks in person and how the interior is. I won't ever give up my '13 Wrangler but this would be terrific for my future family (when me and the Fiancee have kids in a few years).

If anyone is interested, theres a few more pics over at Jalopnik here: http://jalopnik.com/2015-jeep-renegade-this-is-it-1534601079 and here: http://jalopnik.com/jeep-renegade-is-this-the-my-sky-roof-1534794474

(sorry if someone already shared those and I missed it).

*Edit: even more pics here. I love it's interior (minus the red accents): http://www.autoguide.com/gallery/ga...e_leaked_photos/2015-jeep-renegade-5.jpg.html

Last edited:
Top Bottom