First Look at the 2015 Jeep Renegade - Yea or Nay?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It's pretty funny looking. There is prob some people out there that like it and will buy it.

Sent from my iPhone

NTRubicon

Interesting that Jalopnik suggests it will be the new 'renegade'. There was talk earlier about the new 'Jeepster' that was a Fiat 500x crossover with a Jeep shape, perhaps this is what they were aiming towards.

I don't mind the look of this at all. I think the new cherokee looks great! the new Grand looks good too. that's the way they (Fiat, Chrysler, Jeep whatever they want to call themselves this week) seem to be taking the styling of their general population vehicles.

The wrangler stands separate in its styling. Like the Landrover Defender used to. Distinct.( Or should that read 'extinct')
It's the people who own them that make the wrangler stand out from the rest. I look forward to the new shape in the next couple of years.

EDIT: the name Renegade just doesn't fit the vehicle either.. It looks like it should have a less intimidating name.. Like the Hopper, or (in keeping withe the Indian theme) Squaw?

Last edited:

JKWrang

Interesting that Jalopnik suggests it will be the new 'renegade'. There was talk earlier about the new 'Jeepster' that was a Fiat 500x crossover with a Jeep shape, perhaps this is what they were aiming towards.

I don't mind the look of this at all. I think the new cherokee looks great! the new Grand looks good too. that's the way they (Fiat, Chrysler, Jeep whatever they want to call themselves this week) seem to be taking the styling of their general population vehicles.

The wrangler stands separate in its styling. Like the Landrover Defender used to. Distinct.( Or should that read 'extinct')
It's the people who own them that make the wrangler stand out from the rest. I look forward to the new shape in the next couple of years.

EDIT: the name Renegade just doesn't fit the vehicle either.. It looks like it should have a less intimidating name.. Like the Hopper, or (in keeping withe the Indian theme) Squab?

I agree. This is designed for a different variety of Jeep owner than anyone who would be on this forum

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Im in the middle I like it, then I don't like it but ether way they are sure targeting the younger generation from the looks of it...

StrizzyChris

To fallow in Franks lead of literal definitions...

ren·e·gade
/ˈreniˌgād/

noun: renegade; plural noun: renegades

1. a person who deserts and betrays an organization, country, or set of principles.

synonyms: traitor, defector, deserter, turncoat, rebel, mutineer

synonyms: apostate, heretic, dissenter More
"a religious renegade"

adjective: renegade

1.having treacherously changed allegiance.
"a renegade bodyguard"

synonyms: treacherous, traitorous, disloyal, treasonous, rebel, mutinous

I feel the Renegade is at least true to its name in the fact that it is a traitor, disloyal, treasonous Jeep :grayno:

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
why oh why would anyone buy it :doh:

I'm not saying I'd trade my JK in for it, but I'd trade my soon to be wife's POS '08 Cobalt in for it when we need 4 doors and good gas mileage.

Jeep used to be THE company for off road capable vehicles. Well nowadays people aren't into spending 20-40k bucks for a stock off roading vehicles and are buying older vehicles instead leaving companies like Subaru to come in and make small compact awd vehicles that do quite well off road (not crawling/mudding but on dirt trails and such) so now companies in those markets are making quite a lot of money...now Jeep wants in on the dough. I don't blame them. I see this Jeep looking good in person and competing well against the Subaru XV Crosstrek.

*Edit: a shot of it's interior. I dig it minus the color matched plastic.
2015-jeep-renegade-5.jpg

More pics here: http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2014/03/2015-jeep-renegade-leaked-ahead-geneva-debut.html

Last edited:

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I don't know, it's not for me, but I've seen worse. I don't think it should have jeep logo on it, just doesn't seem right.

Top Bottom