Advice for turning 30.

So, I'm sitting here in the middle of the desert, messing around on the forum and I'm remembering the day.

Its my day off so I take a drive, blasting loud primus out of my speakers. I'm getting a drink at the gas station and some kids ask me about the new band they have never heard of. The song is those damn blue collared tweekers. I told them the song came out in 1991. Those punks told me that it came out 9 years before they were born!!

I'm 29 and I turn 30 next June. Is there any advice that I could get to not feel like crap!! I'm just used to being part of the youngest generation. I don't want to grow up yet.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
So, I'm sitting here in the middle of the desert, messing around on the forum and I'm remembering the day.

Its my day off so I take a drive, blasting loud primus out of my speakers. I'm getting a drink at the gas station and some kids ask me about the new band they have never heard of. The song is those damn blue collared tweekers. I told them the song came out in 1991. Those punks told me that it came out 9 years before they were born!!

I'm 29 and I turn 30 next June. Is there any advice that I could get to not feel like crap!! I'm just used to being part of the youngest generation. I don't want to grow up yet.

Just another year...your 30s are definitely one of the best periods of your life, if not the bets. There's literally not one thing to be bummed about.

Strainger

Caught the Bug
We all have to grow old. But we don't have to grow up. :blush: My thirties were a great time in my life. So were my twenties, my forties, my fifties, and so far the better part of my sixties. Each decade has something special to offer that the other decades don't have, so live life knowing that you are at a great time in your life and don't worry about not being the youngest or the anything else-iest. :rock:

KingCopperhead

First thing is let me promise you that your 30's could very well be more fun than your 20's.

Second. Go out and celebrate, you're old enough to do what you want and still young enough to cut loose and party it up. Don't forget that.

Third: Buy something cool for yourself if you are in a position to do so. You made it through your 20's alive, that's an accomplishment in itself hah.

Last point of advice: Don't worry about appearing cool to the younger generation. Chances are some of them will think you're old school and like it, or they'll be ignorant and not be receptive to you. By 30 you gotta learn to love yourself for who you are. If folks can't accept that, then it's their loss.

I'm halfway through my 30's myself and happier than I've ever been in my life. Happy upcoming birthday to you, don't let your age dictate how much fun you have or what you need to like or dislike to be current. Btw primus rocks. ;-)

MTG

Caught the Bug
Stop living in the past and live in the now. :thumb: One day you'll turn 40 and you'll think 30 was young, and then 50, and then…

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
We all have to grow old. But we don't have to grow up. :blush: My thirties were a great time in my life. So were my twenties, my forties, my fifties, and so far the better part of my sixties. Each decade has something special to offer that the other decades don't have, so live life knowing that you are at a great time in your life and don't worry about not being the youngest or the anything else-iest. :rock:

Bullshit, you don't even remember where you are now, let alone your 30's

GCM 2

Stop living in the past and live in the now. :thumb: One day you'll turn 40 and you'll think 30 was young, and then 50, and then…

This is /\/\......and had I been able to swallow my pride at 30 years old, I would have started taking Yoga classes. Mobility and range of motion loss began around 38 for me. Now at almost 48, I wish I had start a yoga earlier.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
This is /\/\......and had I been able to swallow my pride at 30 years old, I would have started taking Yoga classes. Mobility and range of motion loss began around 38 for me. Now at almost 48, I wish I had start a yoga earlier.

Damn that's a mental picture...

HILLZ

I'm 34 now and I'm not doing the 30's!!! :mad:
:rock::rock::rock::rock: These are my JK years..... :rock::rock::rock::rock:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I had far too little responsibility and far too much fun in my 20's. My life changed more in my 30's than in any other decade. Not gonna lie though, turning 30 was harder for me than turning 40. My 40's have been good so far, although I almost knocked my 12 yr old son's block off when he called me "old man" on my 44th bday this year. ;)

MTG

Caught the Bug
I had far too little responsibility and far too much fun in my 20's. My life changed more in my 30's than in any other decade. Not gonna lie though, turning 30 was harder for me than turning 40. My 40's have been good so far, although I almost knocked my 12 yr old son's block off when he called me "old man" on my 44th bday this year. ;)

You're 44? Daaammnnn!

MTG

Caught the Bug

I used to hate yoga and now I love it! Wish I had started earlier. Such a great activity!

Top Bottom