PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous requirement!

RalphTomaccio
11-12-2012, 04:26 AM
To claim the prize, the selected member WILL BE REQUIRED to log on to WAYALIFE.com and will have a total of 5 minutes to post a response in the official announcement thread.

Ridiculous requirement!

wayoflife
11-12-2012, 04:29 AM
So that we're clear, this is a FREE giveaway as in, it costs you NOTHING to enter. If you want a shot at winning, you need to play by the rules. If you think the rules are ridiculous, you don't have to play. :)

Skirmish
11-12-2012, 04:33 AM
I always thought it was exciting to hang on the other forum and see who won. Apparently some people really want to do nothing to get something.

highoctane
11-12-2012, 04:46 AM
How DARE you have RULES in you FREE giveaway! Blasphemy!

RalphTomaccio
11-12-2012, 04:54 AM
I always thought it was exciting to hang on the other forum and see who won. Apparently some people really want to do nothing to get something.

I don't find monitoring my email for two hours waiting for a notification on something you are unlikely to win to begin with a good use of my time. Besides, most of you will most likely be traveling, coming home from work, and blow the 5 minute requirement to respond. It's simply unreasonable and nothing gained by such a requirement, other than to "play games" with your time. Someone is going to win, so why not allow a reasonable time like one hour, so people can get home from work safely. Hell, I'm retired and I value my time more than that.

wayoflife
11-12-2012, 05:02 AM
Hell, I'm retired and I value my time more than that.

And that's great! Please don't enter this FREE giveaway and you won't have to waste any of your precious time. It really is that simple :yup:

MTG
11-12-2012, 05:23 AM
Please move along to another forum. Thank you.

Serg5000
11-12-2012, 05:25 AM
Now I have heard it all. Complaining about a FREE giveaway! That's insane.
Seems you can't even give something away without anyone complaining. What's this world coming to.

BONDSY
11-12-2012, 05:41 AM
From Massachusetts, it ought to tell you something.

GCM 2
11-12-2012, 05:52 AM

That is funny right there! Can't believe someone would actually bitch about free entry to win a free prize........crazy.

BONDSY
11-12-2012, 06:08 AM
$10,000,000 super lotto, Ridiculous Requirements! I have to get off the couch, drive to the liquor store, pick numbers at random, fill out the card, pay money, wait, and get results by watching the news. 1 in 300,000,000 chances to win?????........Stupid Requirements!!! :naw:

10frank9
11-12-2012, 06:15 AM
What a numbnuts. Don't play it's that simple.

Those of us who care about winning will more likely set a reminder for the date and time of the announcement and devote, I know it's a lot of time, 5-minutes or so to see if we've won. I know, I know. Last thing I want to do to have a chance to win something is actually have some responsibility for crying out loud.

Maml
11-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Hmm, I'm ten hours ahead of you guys....So, wake up between 03h00 - 05h00 on December the 12th; then pay postage to receive cool, Evo kit!

Well worth it imho!

kaptkrappy
11-12-2012, 01:24 PM
I have always liked the way you (Eddie) have run the contests on JK-FORUM.

The picking of the winner and then the count down;

5 minutes to post,
4 minutes to post,
3 minutes to post,
2 minutes to post,
come on 1 minute left.......

next member has 5 minutes to post, etc.

It's like a sporting event and giveaway contest rolled into one.

By the way, I watched 8 hours of football yesterday, I can spare a few minutes on this.

Thank you WOL and EVO.

BlackKnight
11-12-2012, 01:32 PM

Hey, We are not all Masswholes....

Trail Bud
11-12-2012, 01:41 PM
• To claim the prize, the selected member WILL BE REQUIRED to log on to WAYALIFE.com and will have a total of 5 minutes to post a response in the official announcement thread.

Ridiculous requirement!

You want to bitch don't do it.
It's FREE

I won't enter that will give you a better chance.

Trail Bud
11-12-2012, 01:42 PM
$10,000,000 super lotto, Ridiculous Requirements! I have to get off the couch, drive to the liquor store, pick numbers at random, fill out the card, pay money, wait, and get results by watching the news. 1 in 300,000,000 chances to win?????........Stupid Requirements!!! :naw:

Your right !!
They should bring the tickets too you.
And with the winning numbers of course.

Linebacker
11-12-2012, 01:54 PM
This giveaway has a bit of an EBAY countdown feeling. The difference is if I'm the winner I don't have to send a check and I get my first EVO product in the mail. I'm feelin' lucky.:yup:

JKAnimal
11-12-2012, 03:46 PM
...so people can get home from work safely. Hell, I'm retired and I value my time more than that.

If your in Mass. then you'd have to be watching from 2-4 PM Mass. time... And your retired WTH :thinking: :doh:

Hey, We are not all Masswholes....

Now that's just plain funny! :cheesy:

I too enjoy the style of these contests! Thanks Eddie and EVO for the chance to win something free! I never feel that anything I do on this forum is a waste of my very VALUABLE TIME! :drinks:

highoctane
11-12-2012, 04:11 PM
Isn't the entitlement mentality great?!

Tim
11-12-2012, 04:14 PM
If your in Mass. then you'd have to be watching from 2-4 PM Mass. time...

I think you're a little backwards... 5-7 PST would be 8-10 EST :D just sayin. Which would be even better, you could be sitting down watching the Simpsons, playing on your smartphone waiting for the winner to be picked. Win, Win...

JKAnimal
11-12-2012, 04:14 PM
Isn't the entitlement mentality great?!

LMAO You read my mind! I was going to suggest he head over to the JK-E website... JK-Entitlement forum for those who feel it's a right not a privilege, to own a jeep and win totally free stuff. Sponsored by your tax dollars :cheesy:

JKAnimal
11-12-2012, 04:20 PM
5-7 PST would be 8-10 EST :D just sayin. Which would be even better, you could be sitting down watching the Simpsons, playing on your smartphone waiting for the winner to be picked. Win, Win...

LOL Oops good catch.. Yeah that's what I meant. :crazyeyes:

I think you're a little backwards...

It's backwards day, didn't you get the memo? :cheesy:

OverlanderJK
11-12-2012, 04:39 PM
To claim the prize, the selected member WILL BE REQUIRED to log on to WAYALIFE.com and will have a total of 5 minutes to post a response in the official announcement thread.

Ridiculous requirement!

http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/713-why-u-mad-thou.jpg

JKAnimal
11-12-2012, 04:40 PM
http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/713-why-u-mad-thou.jpg

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

OverlanderJK
11-12-2012, 04:40 PM
And how dare you put rules on a free contest! :bleh:

I will be at work but if anyone wants to text me if I win that would be sweet! lol

Linebacker
11-12-2012, 05:25 PM
LOL! BTW, I just checked the weather forecast for Laguna Niguel, CA and there was no mention of a sh%tstorm in the area.;)

Robar
11-12-2012, 06:30 PM
LOL! BTW, I just checked the weather forecast for Laguna Nigel, CA and there was no mention of a sh%tstorm in the area.;)
And no cheese will be served the whine. :crazyeyes:

JKRay
11-12-2012, 07:54 PM
People amaze me sometimes... :naw:

RGolie13
11-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Linebacker I laughed so hard at your weather report that they almost asked me to leave the subway that I was eating my lunch in.

bdmckenna
11-13-2012, 01:12 AM
Well said...

Please move along to another forum. Thank you.

Jersey_Devil
11-14-2012, 07:02 AM
I don't find monitoring my email for two hours waiting for a notification on something you are unlikely to win to begin with a good use of my time.

Theres a free app and it takes two seconds to get on and check.... Not hard to do for something that is FREE!

highoctane
11-14-2012, 07:09 AM
Does the app show you as logged in? For the guveaways, I always refreshed Safari over and over on my iMac instead of the iPhone, because I wasn't sure if I'd show as logged in with the app.

Gaslight
12-11-2012, 10:41 PM
What if this guy, actually wins it? :eek:

Goodie
12-12-2012, 12:07 AM
Does the app show you as logged in? For the guveaways, I always refreshed Safari over and over on my iMac instead of the iPhone, because I wasn't sure if I'd show as logged in with the app.

The app says online in green when you look at your own profile.

Colorado4Wheeling
12-12-2012, 12:15 AM
I don't find monitoring my email for two hours waiting for a notification on something you are unlikely to win to begin with a good use of my time. Besides, most of you will most likely be traveling, coming home from work, and blow the 5 minute requirement to respond. It's simply unreasonable and nothing gained by such a requirement, other than to "play games" with your time. Someone is going to win, so why not allow a reasonable time like one hour, so people can get home from work safely. Hell, I'm retired and I value my time more than that.

ive been a moderator on www.rccrawler.com for almost ten years now. the whole point of having this requirement is so that actual active members win the prize - not joe shmoe in nb who logged in once. also the 5 minute rule makes the giveaway process time not take all night. we have done hundreds if not thousands of giveaways, some with this same requirement . i can tell you this.... one of them we drew 35 people before a person responded in the thread... it took hours!

if you will be traveling during the giveaway then im sorry but your chance of winning might have gone out the window.

there will be other giveaways that you will qualify for - there usually are.

good luck to all who will be logged in watching the site! i shall enjoy the show!

JKAnimal
12-12-2012, 12:16 AM
Woo Hoo! Just one more hour! :rock:

my_jk
12-12-2012, 12:29 AM
ive been a moderator on www.rccrawler.com for almost ten years now. the whole point of having this requirement is so that actual active members win the prize - not joe shmoe in nb who logged in once. also the 5 minute rule makes the giveaway process time not take all night. we have done hundreds if not thousands of giveaways, some with this same requirement . i can tell you this.... one of them we drew 35 people before a person responded in the thread... it took hours!

if you will be traveling during the giveaway then im sorry but your chance of winning might have gone out the window.

there will be other giveaways that you will qualify for - there usually are.

good luck to all who will be logged in watching the site! i shall enjoy the show!

Well said :clap2:

Colorado4Wheeling
12-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Well said :clap2:

one other crazy thing to watch - is you get to see how many active members there really are - depending on the forums settup - our site has (current logge din members/guests) - durring the christmas giveaways we have thousands of people logged in for these - and all of them had to pay to use the site.

my_jk
12-12-2012, 12:39 AM
one other crazy thing to watch - is you get to see how many active members there really are - depending on the forums settup - our site has (current logge din members/guests) - durring the christmas giveaways we have thousands of people logged in for these - and all of them had to pay to use the site.

Heres the list waiting to see it spike at 5

Colorado4Wheeling
12-12-2012, 12:46 AM

Heres the list waiting to see it spike at 5

better odds then a scratch ticket! lets do this!!!

Bubba Jeep
12-12-2012, 02:01 AM
Sir you need to win an EVO lift first. Because on that stockie the tables gonna be to low to be useful.

94YJBeaver
12-12-2012, 02:18 AM
You know the only thing I have to say to the whiner is that...who cares...it is a free item...and its not like WOL charged for entering the GIVE A WAY...did I want to win...HELL yes I did, but really who cares...would have made a great Christmas gift for my father-in-law...

Dustless
12-12-2012, 03:21 AM
Well If i am following the forum correctly on this one, My name was first picked as winner but wait thats right i had just gotten off work took the time to go donate some plasma to help make medacine and other things and got home to find out that i missed the time limit! Am i mad or upset nope i say CONGRATS to YelloJK for being able to be there to reply! :thumb::yup: I am sure there with be another contest later and who knows maybe i can be there to reply for that one thats what makes it so much fun! :rock:

Great Job Eddie and everyone else in wol! :clap2::2thumbsup:

Yeahright
12-12-2012, 05:01 AM
Lets have a look at this, you are retired, YOU HAVE ALL THE TIME, and last time I checked, retired means NOT DEAD YET!, but possibly cranky with the world, the thought of having to take two hours out of your WHOLE day, whilst not at work, was too much of an effort to WIN a FREE prize. Well bugger me don't I look silly getting up half way across the world between, 11 pm and 1 am, in the vein hope I might win. Imagine that!! I might have had to pay the postage that would likely be nearly as much as the FREE prize was worth. Retirement is supposed to be fun! At least that's what I'm hoping for. Good luck to you if you are to jaded to have a go because, two hours is too much out of your already full day of retirement.
(All sarcasm intended)

OverlanderJK
12-12-2012, 07:25 AM
Funny thing is I think we scared him off as he hasn't posted since this thread a month ago. Lol

bl17z90
12-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Well If i am following the forum correctly on this one, My name was first picked as winner but wait thats right i had just gotten off work took the time to go donate some plasma to help make medacine and other things and got home to find out that i missed the time limit! Am i mad or upset nope i say CONGRATS to YelloJK for being able to be there to reply! :thumb::yup: I am sure there with be another contest later and who knows maybe i can be there to reply for that one thats what makes it so much fun! :rock:

Great Job Eddie and everyone else in wol! :clap2::2thumbsup:

Well said man and thank you for doing your part to help the rest of the world out :thumb: