PDA

View Full Version : SNAKE EYES : A Fateful Trip Across the Fordyce Jeep Trail

wayoflife
10-19-2015, 12:17 AM
PARENTAL ADVISORY: Please note, if you have children watching this film with you, there are a few instances where swearing can be heard in this film and the words have not been censored.

Outside of the Rubicon and the Dusy Ershim, Fordyce is without question one of toughest trails in the Sierra Nevada Mountains and depending on who you talk to, the hardest of the three. While it wasn’t our original plan to run this trail, it wouldn’t be the first time we’ve gone off script, on a whim and really, that’s the kind of thing that makes an epic trek like this so much fun. That being said, we hadn't planned on running Fordyce and so we knew nothing about the water levels or the overall condition of the trail and in spite of knowing that it'd be a crapshoot, we chose to take our chances and roll the dice of fate. Unfortunately for us, we would come up with a pair of SNAKE EYES and this is the story of our fateful trip.

This is a project that Cindy and I started a few years back but had to shelve due to other commitments. We've recently dug it up out of the archives and revisited it because we felt that it was still a great story and one that was worth sharing. A big thanks needs to go out to our good friends Doug, his friend John, Jeff, Don, Lori, Ray, Mel from Off Road Evolution and his son, little Mel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8QfRmJUNYc

WIN A PAIR OF WAYALIFE SHOT GLASSES!!To help celebrate the release of SNAKE EYES, Cindy and I will be giving away a pair of WAYALIFE shot glasses and if you'd like a chance to WIN them, all you have to do is post up a response on this thread. A WINNER will be selected at random and announced on Sunday, October 25th. You will not have to be online to win.

http://wayalife.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=168080&d=1444097020

UPDATED 10/25/15:
Picked completely at random, the WINNER of the WAYALIFE shot glasses is....

Another great video!! I couldn't wait so I watched it on my phone but I'll have to watch it again on the TV when I get a chance.

CONGRATULATIONS greggnj!! :thumb:

WAYALIFE EPIC TREX ADVENTURES are off-road films created by Cindy and I. We have been responsible for producing the JK-Experience (also known as the JKX) video series "KEEP IT TIGHT" which was made in 2011, the 2012 series "HEARTLAND", the 2013 series "WILD WILD WEST" and the 2014 "PACIFIC NORTHWEST". We are NOT paid professionals who have been hired to film events but rather, we are amateurs who simply enjoy sharing what we do and love. Our films are produced and paid for entirely by us and we receive absolutely NO funding from manufacturers or vendors to help subsidize our work.

CarolinaJK
10-19-2015, 12:18 AM
Already watching [emoji106]🏽 so far I've learned I "need" a snorkel [emoji23]

OverlanderJK
10-19-2015, 12:19 AM
Hotel internet sucks! Looks like I'm going to have to go to Starbucks to watch it.

MR.Ty
10-19-2015, 12:27 AM
Got it up on the "big" screen!

metalic
10-19-2015, 12:31 AM
Big screen here also

dwvninety
10-19-2015, 12:34 AM
Hooked up laptop to big screen. Awesome!

jeeeep
10-19-2015, 12:35 AM
:rock: I just flipped through 300 channels of boredom...so glad to see this!

Krystianjk
10-19-2015, 12:38 AM
Awesome video so far :thumb:

dcbjk
10-19-2015, 12:41 AM
Pulling it up on my laptop this evening with a Jack and Pepsi on the rocks :thumb:

I wanna thank Eddie and Cindy for making this video and all others possible for us to view and enjoy and for all the hard work and time they have put into them. Keep up the great work you two.

Cheers to y'all and too all :thumb:

CarolinaJK
10-19-2015, 12:42 AM
Video was absolutely great! Thanks for all that you do guys! [emoji106]

OverlanderJK
10-19-2015, 12:44 AM
Great video guys!

StewiesJK
10-19-2015, 12:45 AM
Video was Great!! Would love wheeling out west someday!!:clap2::thumb:

scull20
10-19-2015, 12:45 AM
An excellent production, as always. Nice work!

Texas Nick
10-19-2015, 12:46 AM
Man that was the worst case of luck lol
But all in all another great movie!

wayoflife
10-19-2015, 12:46 AM
Already watching [emoji106] so far I've learned I "need" a snorkel [emoji23]

:cheesy: Only if you've got luck like Trail Bud :crazyeyes:

Hotel internet sucks! Looks like I'm going to have to go to Starbucks to watch it.

Bummer. Hope you get a chance to see it soon.

Got it up on the "big" screen!

Big screen here also

Awesome!! :thumb:

jnabird333
10-19-2015, 12:48 AM
The Swank family really enjoyed it. One thing we're realizing is how much we miss you guys and you will be seeing us again in the future. It seems we left with too much left to discover. :yup:

But I have to ask.... did I hear "swiftlier" ? LOL

Trail JK
10-19-2015, 12:48 AM
Hot damn! That was awesome! Eddie and Cindy you guys do an amazing job!

Jeff! Holy moly! You weren't playing around on the trip!

Looked like an incredible time had by all! Thanks so much for sharing it. It felt like I was there.

Going to watch it again now. [emoji106]

cozdude
10-19-2015, 12:49 AM
I started to watch it on my phone and said you know what, this deserves the big screen! So I turned on my ps4 and pulled up the YouTube app.

Video came out awesome guys!! That fire had to be scary! I always talk about getting an extinguisher but now I really need to after seeing that. Any plans on going back and running it soon?

Rome
Absolutely awesome! Thank y'all for what you do.
This helps me keep my priorities straight no mater what happens always remember to have fun or go home!

wayoflife
:rock: I just flipped through 300 channels of boredom...so glad to see this!

LOL!! Well, we hope you're not bored with our film :cool:

Pulling it up on my laptop this evening with a Jack and Pepsi on the rocks :thumb:

I wanna thank Eddie and Cindy for making this video and all others possible for us to view and enjoy and for all the hard work and time they have put into them. Keep up the great work you two.

Cheers to y'all and too all :thumb:

Thank you. I won't lie, it takes a tremendous amount of work to make these films and just hope that you guys enjoy them.

Video was absolutely great! Thanks for all that you do guys! [emoji106]

So glad that you liked it and congratulations on winning a set of shot glasses :cool:

Stalter08Rubi
Awesome video eddie and cindy, I was on the edge of my seat with sweaty palms almost the entire time.

Trail Bud
10-19-2015, 12:50 AM
Great again Eddie and Cindy,
As hard as that was it was a great time especially with the people there.
As it was stated: "gota wheel" :D

wayoflife
10-19-2015, 12:51 AM
Great video guys!

LOL!! Thank you, hope you enjoyed your latte too :D

Video was Great!! Would love wheeling out west someday!!:clap2::thumb:

Thank you. I think you would like it out here :yup:

An excellent production, as always. Nice work!

Thank you, we really do appreciate it.

Man that was the worst case of luck lol
But all in all another great movie!

And, that's why this film is called SNAKE EYES. :crazyeyes:

ramin
10-19-2015, 12:55 AM
Another amazing video! Great trail with friends. [emoji4]

wayoflife
10-19-2015, 12:55 AM
The Swank family really enjoyed it. One thing we're realizing is how much we miss you guys and you will be seeing us again in the future. It seems we left with too much left to discover. :yup:

But I have to ask.... did I hear "swiftlier" ? LOL

LOL!! It's "swiftly here" - I knew I should have re-read that section :crazyeyes:

Hot damn! That was awesome! Eddie and Cindy you guys do an amazing job!

Jeff! Holy moly! You weren't playing around on the trip!

Looked like an incredible time had by all! Thanks so much for sharing it. It felt like I was there.

Going to watch it again now. [emoji106]

Thanks Rachel, we're so glad that you liked it and hope that you and Ray will be able to run this trail with us some day... well, that's if you don't mind getting your Jeep a little wet :D

I started to watch it on my phone and said you know what, this deserves the big screen! So I turned on my ps4 and pulled up the YouTube app.

Video came out awesome guys!! That fire had to be scary! I always talk about getting an extinguisher but now I really need to after seeing that. Any plans on going back and running it soon?

Oh man, YES, do get an extinguisher. BC for engine fires and an ABC for general fires.

Absolutely awesome! Thank y'all for what you do.
This helps me keep my priorities straight no mater what happens always remember to have fun or go home!

Indeed! Glad you enjoyed our presentation. :cool:

Lance628
10-19-2015, 12:56 AM
Great film as usual Eddie, you and Cindy did a great job

naysjp
10-19-2015, 12:57 AM
"Put your hands on the radiator and say hallelujah"

You guys/girls are a hot mess! That was great. I too didn't think you would make it to the trail at the rate you were going. Great film. Good to see you can do Fordyce on 35s. I notice the smallest Jeep was on 35s.

wayoflife
10-19-2015, 12:58 AM
Awesome video eddie and cindy, I was on the edge of my seat with sweaty palms almost the entire time.

LOL - Us too!! We weren't sure if anyone would like this one. :crazyeyes:

Great again Eddie and Cindy,
As hard as that was it was a great time especially with the people there.
As it was stated: "gota wheel" :D

Good times as always my friend. We really do need to get out again :thumb:

Another amazing video! Great trail with friends. [emoji4]

Thanks Ray, we're so glad that you were able to join us for this run and apologize for taking so long to make a film out of it. We really need to get out again and soon :yup:

jnabird333
10-19-2015, 01:00 AM
LOL!! It's "swiftly here" - I knew I should have re-read that section :crazyeyes:

Sure it is.... ;)

In truth, Alana and I were bickering about it, she was on your side and swore that was what you said. You'll have to forgive me but I'm not telling her she is right LOL.

(Yes I will.... I would feel guilty if I didn't)

wayoflife
10-19-2015, 01:00 AM
Great film as usual Eddie, you and Cindy did a great job

Thank you, we're just so glad that you would enjoy it. :cool:

"Put your hands on the radiator and say amen"

You guys/girls are a hot mess! That was great. I too didn't think you would make it to the trail at the rate you were going. Great film. Good to see you can do Fordyce on 35s. I notice the smallest Jeep was on 35s.

LOL!! Oh yeah, you can run it with 35's but it's really tough on your jeep and you'd have to be willing to take on water.

Oh, and I believe it's "Put your hands on the radiator and say hallelujah!" :D

resqman911
10-19-2015, 01:03 AM
Once again, Awesome Job!!!!

JohnnyD
10-19-2015, 01:06 AM
Another great video, thanks guys...

jljohnson464
10-19-2015, 01:06 AM
Thanks for the great video! You folks out west have so many great trails!

allwhitejeeps
10-19-2015, 01:07 AM
Loved the video guys!! Looked like an amazing trip and was documented perfectly. Great job

USMC Wrangler
10-19-2015, 01:11 AM
Well worth the wait! Thanks for another great video!

RoadRageJKU
nice vid... much better than whomever is doing the jkx movies now.. (no hate..just sayin) cant wait until the next trip

Captain Ed
Watched it and loved it. Very true about the remembering the tough ones but they really are the best ones. You guys have a great group. Thanks for sharing!

RockyJk
Awesome video!! Looks like a fun trail

Sharkey
10-19-2015, 01:15 AM
Such a great video, and it looked like such a great run.

That said...damn you Eddie and Cindy, every time I think I'll be happy with 35's you go and post up a video that makes me think I won't be happy below 37's. :cheesy:

DMF
10-19-2015, 01:16 AM
What a great video. Wish all your videos were full length features and a new one is release every few months. :daydream:

BigEd
10-19-2015, 01:18 AM
Amazing video! I felt like I was there lol. Thanks Eddie & Cindy, you guys don't disappoint.

RjSkippy
10-19-2015, 01:19 AM
Awesome video! thanks for sharing the experience!

taher2.1
10-19-2015, 01:20 AM
Fun to Watch. Awesome Video Cindy/Eddie

metalic
10-19-2015, 01:20 AM
Awesome!! :thumb:

Great video. Since it was up I put up the Redbird IN. JKX. We live lil over an hour from there and wheeled it last Sunday so I had to show her what it was like after lots of rain. Lol

Rharvey160
10-19-2015, 01:21 AM
Another great film. Thanks for all the work you and Cindy do. Can hardly wait for the next one.

wayoflife
10-19-2015, 01:22 AM
Sure it is.... ;)

In truth, Alana and I were bickering about it, she was on your side and swore that was what you said. You'll have to forgive me but I'm not telling her she is right LOL.

(Yes I will.... I would feel guilty if I didn't)

LOL!! Thank you Alana. :D

Once again, Awesome Job!!!!

Another great video, thanks guys...

We're so glad that you enjoyed it. :)

Thanks for the great video! You folks out west have so many great trails!

We do feel real fortunate to have so many great trails out here. I hope you'll get a chance to run some of them someday :cool:

Loved the video guys!! Looked like an amazing trip and was documented perfectly. Great job

Thank you, we really do appreciate it :yup:

FatBob
10-19-2015, 01:22 AM
Very cool!!

Eezybreezy08
10-19-2015, 01:24 AM
That was a great video. Maybe one day we will get our jeeps built enough to do that to. Once again, great video

Strike Force Zebra
10-19-2015, 01:26 AM
"I bet Doug I wouldn't get my carpet wet. I don't have carpet!".....
Great film guys!!! Thanks for sharing and depicting the sport so well. Someday I hope to wheel with you all!

maragon5
10-19-2015, 01:27 AM
Thanks for the video. Watched it with the gf and a beer :thumb:

wayoflife
Well worth the wait! Thanks for another great video!

Well, we're so glad that you would say as much. It can be really tough to work on these videos especially being that we have to do it on our dime and time. We appreciate your patience and glad that you enjoyed it.

nice vid... much better than whomever is doing the jkx movies now.. (no hate..just sayin) cant wait until the next trip

Thank you. The most we can hope to do is share our personal adventures with people like you. It is our hope that through our films, you can get a sense of what it was like to be there with us. :cool:

Watched it and loved it. Very true about the remembering the tough ones but they really are the best ones. You guys have a great group. Thanks for sharing!

We really do have a good group of friends but I have a feeling you'd fit right in with us. With any luck, maybe someday you'll get a chance to be :yup:

Awesome video!! Looks like a fun trail

Oh yeah, it's a lot of fun and hopefully you can run it with us someday.

dchotrod
Another great video! Thank you guys for not just what you do but moreover how you do it. Look forward to wheelin' with you some day soon.

jkodak
Great Video! Thanks for posting

Stalter08Rubi
10-19-2015, 01:28 AM
LOL - Us too!! We weren't sure if anyone would like this one. :crazyeyes:

Good times as always my friend. We really do need to get out again :thumb:

Thanks Ray, we're so glad that you were able to join us for this run and apologize for taking so long to make a film out of it. We really need to get out again and soon :yup:

Oh man its a great one, your videos are what got me to buy a jeep and get into this wonderful community. With all the issues you guys had on the trail and still made it through to the end just made for an awesome video and what is probably safe to assume an even better trip.

Trail JK
10-19-2015, 01:30 AM
LOL!! Thanks Rachel, we're so glad that you liked it and hope that you and Ray will be able to run this trail with us some day... well, that's if you don't mind getting your Jeep a little wet :D

:

I've never used the two front drain plugs before. Can we go soon? [emoji16]

Linebacker
Definitely one of your best! It was good to hear the 3.8's gettin' it done. Gonna go downstairs, turn off Sunday Night Football and watch it on the big screen.:thumb::thumb:

boardsurfer
Excellent video! Thanks Eddie!

wayoflife
10-19-2015, 01:31 AM

That said...damn you Eddie and Cindy, every time I think I'll be happy with 35's you go and post up a video that makes me think I won't be happy below 37's. :cheesy:

:cheesy: It's just 2" more inches. I mean, you don't really need them... said nobody, ever :cheesy:

So hope you'll be able to join us on some of these runs in the near future. :yup:

What a great video. Wish all your videos were full length features and a new one is release every few months. :daydream:

LOL!! As much as we wish we could oblige, that would near about kill us to do :crazyeyes:
Glad you enjoyed the film.

Amazing video! I felt like I was there lol. Thanks Eddie & Cindy, you guys don't disappoint.

Thank you. As I said earlier, this footage was taken a few years back and back at a time that we didn't know to do as much as we would now. We were afraid that we wouldn't be able to do as well with what we had but felt the story was a good one and worth telling anyway. We're so glad that you enjoyed it.

Awesome video! thanks for sharing the experience!

Thank you, we hope that we were able to help you to feel as if you were there. :cool:

Fun to Watch. Awesome Video Cindy/Eddie

So glad you liked it.

MR.Ty
10-19-2015, 01:32 AM
Awesome! Another fantastic video and yet another trail added to my bucket list! Thank you very much for sharing!

MedixJK
10-19-2015, 01:32 AM

Dont fail me now sharkey...us 35ers gotta stick together. Stay the course. Lol

dcbjk
10-19-2015, 01:34 AM
Just finished watching and all I can say is WOW :shock:

The trail the breaks and the whole trip looked like a fun time it was good to see creative and useful craftsmanship :thumb:

Haha even the 35 degree weather and no joke that's my kinda weather :yup:

wayoflife
10-19-2015, 01:35 AM
Great video. Since it was up I put up the Redbird IN. JKX. We live lil over an hour from there and wheeled it last Sunday so I had to show her what it was like after lots of rain. Lol

LOL!! That place is a miserable mess and one that you can only hope that you're pointing and shooting in a good enough direction to make it in between the trees. Okay, it's really pretty fun there :crazyeyes:

Another great film. Thanks for all the work you and Cindy do. Can hardly wait for the next one.

Thank you, we really do appreciate it.

Very cool!!

Thanks!

That was a great video. Maybe one day we will get our jeeps built enough to do that to. Once again, great video

Well, even if you're Jeep isn't built up enough for it, we do tons of trails that you probably could join us on :yup:

"I bet Doug I wouldn't get my carpet wet. I don't have carpet!".....
Great film guys!!! Thanks for sharing and depicting the sport so well. Someday I hope to wheel with you all!

I really hope you'll be able to join us as well. :yup:

West coast
Great video as always. Big thinks and keep it up (on the rubber)

OverlanderJK

You should take every inch you can get.

Sharkey
10-19-2015, 01:37 AM

At least I get to use every inch that I have. :bleh:

WJCO
10-19-2015, 01:39 AM
Thanks again for another great video.

wayoflife
10-19-2015, 01:40 AM
Thanks for the video. Watched it with the gf and a beer :thumb:

Awesome! I hope your GF wasn't too bored with it :cool:

Another great video! Thank you guys for not just what you do but moreover how you do it. Look forward to wheelin' with you some day soon.

Thank you, I sure do hope you we will get a chance to go wheeling with you some day soon. :cool:

Great Video! Thanks for posting

Thank you, we're glad that you enjoyed it :yup:

Oh man its a great one, your videos are what got me to buy a jeep and get into this wonderful community. With all the issues you guys had on the trail and still made it through to the end just made for an awesome video and what is probably safe to assume an even better trip.

What we really like about trips like this as opposed to a commercial event with a crew is that all you have are your friends to help you out and pull you through.

I've never used the two front drain plugs before. Can we go soon? [emoji16]

Man, I would say yes but it's starting to get cold up here and the soonest we could do it is in November when it might actually be snowing. :shock:

Definitely one of your best! It was good to hear the 3.8's gettin' it done. Gonna go downstairs, turn off Sunday Night Football and watch it on the big screen.:thumb::thumb:

Thank you, we're flattered you would think so especially being that we had so little to work with. :blush:

epetry
10-19-2015, 01:41 AM
Just made my Sunday night that much better! Great video. Looks like one hell of a trail. [emoji108]

Benito
10-19-2015, 01:43 AM
Great video, you guys (Eddie and Cindy) have some serious talent! Somewhat made up for the wheeling trip I had to miss out on this weekend.

wayoflife
10-19-2015, 01:43 AM
Excellent video! Thanks Eddie!

We're so glad that you enjoyed it :cool:

Awesome! Another fantastic video and yet another trail added to my bucket list! Thank you very much for sharing!

Thank you. We really need to get you out here and run some of these trails with us :yup:

Dont fail me now sharkey...us 35ers gotta stick together. Stay the course. Lol

:cheesy:

Just finished watching and all I can say is WOW :shock:

The trail the breaks and the whole trip looked like a fun time it was good to see creative and useful craftsmanship :thumb:

Haha even the 35 degree weather and no joke that's my kinda weather :yup:

LOL!! Oh man, doorless and topless in 35 deg temps is pretty tough :crazyeyes:

Great video as always. Big thinks and keep it up (on the rubber)

Thank you, we're glad you liked it.

At least I get to use every inch that I have. :bleh:

:cheesy: :clap2:

Trail JK
10-19-2015, 01:44 AM
Man, I would say yes but it's starting to get cold up here and the soonest we could do it is in November when it might actually be snowing. :shock:

Maybe it can make the calendar for next year? [emoji48]

Look how small little Mel looks. Crazy what a couple of years does.

wayoflife
10-19-2015, 01:45 AM
Thanks again for another great video.

We really do appreciate it. :cool:

Just made my Sunday night that much better! Great video. Looks like one hell of a trail. [emoji108]

Glad to hear it and yeah, it really is a hell of a trail. At times, I'm kind of surprised that it doesn't get at least as much attention as the Rubicon.

Great video, you guys (Eddie and Cindy) have some serious talent! Somewhat made up for the wheeling trip I had to miss out on this weekend.

I'm sorry to hear you had to miss out on a wheeling trip but glad that we were able to help out with that in some way.

naysjp
10-19-2015, 01:47 AM
Thank you, we're just so glad that you would enjoy it. :cool:

LOL!! Oh yeah, you can run it with 35's but it's really tough on your jeep and you'd have to be willing to take on water.

Oh, and I believe it's "Put your hands on the radiator and say hallelujah!" :D

It is hallelujah. I stand corrected.

Exodus Jeeps
10-19-2015, 01:51 AM
Wow! Really great to see how people can pull together like family when the going gets tough! Thanks for taking the time to put this together for everyone to enjoy.

BABOOZLE
10-19-2015, 01:54 AM
Great production. I was not disappointed.

thardy
10-19-2015, 01:55 AM
Awesome video once again. That was definitely a trying trail run for sure. Thanks, Eddie and Cindy, for taking the time to do what you guys do for us. :bowdown:

chipper
10-19-2015, 01:59 AM
I gotta hand it you both, Eddie and Cindy. Another excellent video. Love this forum !!!!!!

dchew
10-19-2015, 02:02 AM
Wow, run out of gas, three flats, blown ps hose, broken steering arm, dead battery, countless winching, doggy paddling Jeeps and a fire! It doesn't get any better than that and I'm probably forgetting something.

Great work with the video! Very enjoyable.

Dave

JK LYF
10-19-2015, 02:05 AM
Eddie, your videos are absolutely amazing. Coverage, angles, narration, production, etc. You always nail it. Your videos inspire many jeepers and truly introduce them to a whole new way of life! (That last sentence sounded kinda cheesy, but true). Thanks again as I know each one takes a great amount of work!

dannymalkin
10-19-2015, 02:10 AM
Enjoyed the video! Thanks for bringing it back!

Gadget
10-19-2015, 02:12 AM
Aaaaaahhhhhhhh, feeling much better now.

No pressure but what's next[emoji56]

trailless
10-19-2015, 02:28 AM
Eddie and Cindy,

This was such an awesome video! I really can't thank you enough for getting me interested in Jeeps. If it weren't for you, I'd probably be driving a German sports car.....

Thank you again and keep up the awesome work!

Tree Frog
10-19-2015, 02:34 AM
Thank you for all of your hard work on this film. The Wife and I really enjoyed it.

"Watch out" as those baseball sized rocks were getting shot out right at the camera. :eek: HA

BitBucket
10-19-2015, 02:36 AM
Thanks for another great video, only thing better would be wheeling out there with you all when you made it!

Buckeye
10-19-2015, 02:39 AM
Its been said numerous times already but this was another great video and thanks for sharing the adventure.

DWiggles
10-19-2015, 02:40 AM
Loading it up on the big screen right now...

Right Rudder
10-19-2015, 02:40 AM
Night footage is awesome, most videos skip out on that aspect of wheeling because its so hard to capture. Love the light show!

10frank9
10-19-2015, 02:41 AM
Great video! Thanks for your hard work to give us these cinematic adventures, FREE of charge, without compensation or "professionals" helping.

atomicdog
10-19-2015, 02:41 AM
Talk about adapt, improvise, and overcome. That was amazing!! Great video, thanks for all you all do for the Jeeping community.

Trunkmonkey
10-19-2015, 02:53 AM
What an awesome video, thanks for the hard work you two put into these videos. I was able to watch this, while I'm in my hotel room, on the road for work. .169938

rubicrawl
10-19-2015, 02:56 AM
Thanks cindy and Eddie that was awesome great job keep them coming no matter how old they are I need to go there myself

MTG
10-19-2015, 02:57 AM
Man, I saw this drop, but was stuck at work until just now. :grayno:

Excellent film as always! Makes me want to run this one even more now. :yup:

I like the credits at the end. Felt like I was watching the "old school" videos.

ldjernes
10-19-2015, 02:59 AM
Another great video you guys. Thanks for putting in the time and effort to make these for our enjoyment.

kpig
10-19-2015, 03:11 AM
As always it is first class. Your videos bring out what others are missing...the Wayalife. Thank you for sharing your adventures.

Lifelong Jeeper
10-19-2015, 03:11 AM
Awesome video as always. Thanks for putting it together and documenting the trail. This one is a bucket list trail for sure.

DetConU
10-19-2015, 03:16 AM
Wow what a trip, thank you for the video and doing all you do.:clap2:

JeepJeep75
10-19-2015, 03:18 AM
What a great video. Thanks WAL!!! Love all of it!!

Hot94Z28
10-19-2015, 03:21 AM
Great film, just got done watching and glad you got it done and released on my birthday.

stangbuster
10-19-2015, 03:22 AM
I like the credits at the end. Felt like I was watching the "old school" videos.

Exactly my thought.

Thanks for the cool video!

el_chupo_
10-19-2015, 03:25 AM
Wife had to go to work today to catch up, and I started watching this. She got home about 10 min into it, so I restarted it and put it up on the TV.

Great video, and the best part - as we are watching Jeff take on water on 35s, she says "We gotta get bigger tires". :eek:

Thanks for the help on that one!

Looked like a great time, thanks for the video!

Jtvegas
10-19-2015, 03:27 AM
Video covered it all-Day-night-36deg-no doors-tops-extreme trail-rocks-tight fits-water-welding -fires-flats-a team to get through!

wayoflife
10-19-2015, 03:32 AM
It is hallelujah. I stand corrected.

LOL!! Although, I'm pretty sure the hallelujah was followed by a big amen! :crazyeyes:

Wow! Really great to see how people can pull together like family when the going gets tough! Thanks for taking the time to put this together for everyone to enjoy.

Like I said, more than the Jeeps we drive, it's what our WAYALIFE is all about. :yup:

Great production. I was not disappointed.

Glad to hear it, thank you.

Awesome video once again. That was definitely a trying trail run for sure. Thanks, Eddie and Cindy, for taking the time to do what you guys do for us. :bowdown:

We're glad that we were able to share it with you. Glad you liked it too. :yup:

I gotta hand it you both, Eddie and Cindy. Another excellent video. Love this forum !!!!!!

Thank you so much, it's great to have you here.

Wow, run out of gas, three flats, blown ps hose, broken steering arm, dead battery, countless winching, doggy paddling Jeeps and a fire! It doesn't get any better than that and I'm probably forgetting something.

Great work with the video! Very enjoyable.

Dave

LOL!! Yeah, that about sums it up. One hell of a trip :crazyeyes:

sno4x4
10-19-2015, 03:35 AM
Love it great video awesom

wayoflife
10-19-2015, 03:38 AM
Eddie, your videos are absolutely amazing. Coverage, angles, narration, production, etc. You always nail it. Your videos inspire many jeepers and truly introduce them to a whole new way of life! (That last sentence sounded kinda cheesy, but true). Thanks again as I know each one takes a great amount of work!

We're truly flattered that you'd say as much, thank you.

Enjoyed the video! Thanks for bringing it back!

You bet and, in addition to new material, you can count on us bringing more projects like this out of the archive. :yup:

Aaaaaahhhhhhhh, feeling much better now.

No pressure but what's next[emoji56]

:cheesy: Glad that you were able to get your fix.
We have a couple of projects in the works and the next one might be a more current one.

Eddie and Cindy,

This was such an awesome video! I really can't thank you enough for getting me interested in Jeeps. If it weren't for you, I'd probably be driving a German sports car.....

Thank you again and keep up the awesome work!

Well, in all fairness, I do like me an old 356 or even a 2002 so I dunno ;)

Thank you for all of your hard work on this film. The Wife and I really enjoyed it.

"Watch out" as those baseball sized rocks were getting shot out right at the camera. :eek: HA

Glad to hear your wife enjoyed it too. Oh, and those rocks were actually about the size of small basketballs :shock:

Thanks for another great video, only thing better would be wheeling out there with you all when you made it!

Thanks, one of these days, we'll have to get you out there with us :yup:

Its been said numerous times already but this was another great video and thanks for sharing the adventure.

Thank you, we're so happy to hear you enjoyed it.

Loading it up on the big screen right now...

Awesome!

Night footage is awesome, most videos skip out on that aspect of wheeling because its so hard to capture. Love the light show!

We're glad to hear you liked our night footage. It really is near impossible to capture and it's unfortunate as there was a lot of good wheeling we did that night. We're just glad that we had enough to tell our story.

ddjohnson843
10-19-2015, 03:38 AM
Awesome video! Great job and looked to be loads of fun out there!

ali@home
10-19-2015, 03:41 AM
Awesome video and production as always. Loving the energy, I can't wait to join on some more trips.

wayoflife
10-19-2015, 03:43 AM
Great video! Thanks for your hard work to give us these cinematic adventures, FREE of charge, without compensation or "professionals" helping.

LOL!! Thanks Frank, we really appreciate it. :cool:

Talk about adapt, improvise, and overcome. That was amazing!! Great video, thanks for all you all do for the Jeeping community.

So glad you liked it. As tough of a run as this was, it really is the one we all talk the most about and have a good laugh.

What an awesome video, thanks for the hard work you two put into these videos. I was able to watch this, while I'm in my hotel room, on the road for work. .169938

Awesome, glad to hear you were able to watch it after all. Glad you liked it too :yup:

Thanks cindy and Eddie that was awesome great job keep them coming no matter how old they are I need to go there myself

Thank you and we will be sure to keep them coming, both new and old. Hopefully you'll be able to join us on a run up there in the future.

Man, I saw this drop, but was stuck at work until just now. :grayno:

Excellent film as always! Makes me want to run this one even more now. :yup:

Well, we need to plan it :yup:

Another great video you guys. Thanks for putting in the time and effort to make these for our enjoyment.

So long as you guys are enjoying what we make, we'll be sure to keep them coming.

As always it is first class. Your videos bring out what others are missing...the Wayalife. Thank you for sharing your adventures.

Thank you, we're so humbled that you would say as much. The WAYALIFE and being able to share it with others is the only motivation for us to make films like this.

Awesome video as always. Thanks for putting it together and documenting the trail. This one is a bucket list trail for sure.

Well, with any luck, maybe we'll be running it with you when that time comes. :)

wayoflife
10-19-2015, 03:47 AM
Wow what a trip, thank you for the video and doing all you do.:clap2:

It's our pleasure and we're glad that you enjoyed it.

What a great video. Thanks WAL!!! Love all of it!!

Thank you!

Great film, just got done watching and glad you got it done and released on my birthday.

How cool is that - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! :thumb:

Exactly my thought.

Thanks for the cool video!

It was our pleasure. :cool:

Wife had to go to work today to catch up, and I started watching this. She got home about 10 min into it, so I restarted it and put it up on the TV.

Great video, and the best part - as we are watching Jeff take on water on 35s, she says "We gotta get bigger tires". :eek:

Thanks for the help on that one!

Looked like a great time, thanks for the video!

:cheesy: We're so glad that we were able to help out ;)

Video covered it all-Day-night-36deg-no doors-tops-extreme trail-rocks-tight fits-water-welding -fires-flats-a team to get through!

LOL!! Yep, that pretty much sums up our day out on the trail :crazyeyes:

Love it great video awesom

Awesome video! Great job and looked to be loads of fun out there!

Awesome video and production as always. Loving the energy, I can't wait to join on some more trips.

So glad you all enjoyed it. :)

Jegar
10-19-2015, 03:50 AM
Epic, indeed!!! Absolutely amazing video -- Thanks for sharing!!!!

NecessaryEvil
10-19-2015, 03:51 AM
Great video as always. Some deep water, good thing for drain plugs.

OJK12
10-19-2015, 04:58 AM
In the usual fashion you have once again amazed in another brilliant video! Well done!

jesse3638
10-19-2015, 04:58 AM
That was a great video. It reminds me of some of the earlier vids that got me into jeeping. Lisa said we need to go on another camping trip with everyone. Hopefully soon...:) Thanks for another great vid. Keep up the great work!

daverawr
10-19-2015, 05:02 AM
Great video! and thanks for getting me a great start to the week! Giving me the itches to go out and wheel ASAP! Now added to the }"to get" list is fire extinguishers and a snorkel haha

JAGS
10-19-2015, 05:11 AM
Gathered the wife and kids and watched on the big screen like we have the last few vids. This one didn't disappoint!!![emoji106][emoji16][emoji2] You know you're doing something right when both kids can sit with eyes glued to the screen for the entire vid. Well done, again, Cindy and Eddie.

So the next one comings out next weekend right. [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23]lol.

mcw*402
10-19-2015, 05:30 AM
Great video as always!!! Glad everyone made it out ok

Hightower
10-19-2015, 05:30 AM
Awesome!:rock:

WillyJKU14
10-19-2015, 05:39 AM
Loved the video. Looks like a fun trail.

big dr
10-19-2015, 06:27 AM
great trail,, great adventure,,, great video:beer::thumb:

Dean454
10-19-2015, 07:15 AM
Once again Eddie and Cindy you've outdone yourselves. I think it's one of your best videos yet. Thank you

KiloLima
10-19-2015, 08:12 AM
Holy crap, how many followers just went out and bought a box of Damp Rid and a fire extinguisher?

It's fun to live vicariously through your epic adventures. As I head back to Florida (where trails are dull and flat) I look forward to opening my garage and finding within it my 2008 (picnic) Jeep. Lifted enough to pass the occasional fallen tree or climb the curb to avoid traffic. It will never see the adventure ( or torture ) shown in these films. It's still under bumper to bumper, zero deductible extended factory warranty and I get pissy after a day of new pinstripes from riding trails in the local national forests.

I am just amazed how unfazed your groups are by the trails ahead of you and the damage they cause. By the time I fill my Jeep with beer, food, and toss in a hammock, I don't have room for cranes, welders, hard hats. hoists, spare motors, drivetrain, and an auto shop full of tools ... and a dog. Just amazing. Off-road Evolution seems like he almost had fun on this one ... (he's never fazed).

Cudos and thanks for yet another beautifully produced epic adventure. Very well done and very exciting to watch. Too bad there wasn't another sixty minutes.

All this from a beat up old CRX? Wow ...

Clem319
10-19-2015, 08:29 AM
Another great video. Tried to hold off watching it on my phone until I got home, but couldn't.

Yeahright
10-19-2015, 10:04 AM
You guys have done it again, another incredible film to keep me inspired. Thank you for doing what you do.

dnagala
10-19-2015, 10:30 AM
Thank you! I always enjoy seeing the kinds of things you guys do. Keep up the good work, and good fun too.

PARENTAL ADVISORY: Please note, if you have children watching this film with you, there are a few instances where swearing can be heard in this film and the words have not been censored.

Outside of the Rubicon and the Dusy Ershim, Fordyce is without question one of toughest trails in the Sierra Nevada Mountains and depending on who you talk to, the hardest of the three. While it wasn’t our original plan to run this trail, it wouldn’t be the first time we’ve gone off script, on a whim and really, that’s the kind of thing that makes an epic trek like this so much fun. That being said, we hadn't planned on running Fordyce and so we knew nothing about the water levels or the overall condition of the trail and in spite of knowing that it'd be a crapshoot, we chose to take our chances and roll the dice of fate. Unfortunately for us, we would come up with a pair of SNAKE EYES and this is the story of our fateful trip.

This is a project that Cindy and I started a few years back but had to shelve due to other commitments. We've recently dug it up out of the archives and revisited it because we felt that it was still a great story and one that was worth sharing. A big thanks needs to go out to our good friends Doug, his friend John, Jeff, Don, Lori, Ray, Mel from Off Road Evolution and his son, little Mel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8QfRmJUNYc

WIN A PAIR OF WAYALIFE SHOT GLASSES!!To help celebrate the release of SNAKE EYES, Cindy and I will be giving away a pair of WAYALIFE shot glasses and if you'd like a chance to WIN them, all you have to do is post up a response on this thread. A WINNER will be selected at random and announced on Sunday, October 25th. You will not have to be online to win.

http://wayalife.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=168080&d=1444097020

WAYALIFE EPIC TREX ADVENTURES are off-road films created by Cindy and I. We have been responsible for producing the JK-Experience (also known as the JKX) video series "KEEP IT TIGHT" which was made in 2011, the 2012 series "HEARTLAND", the 2013 series "WILD WILD WEST" and the 2014 "PACIFIC NORTHWEST". We are NOT paid professionals who have been hired to film events but rather, we are amateurs who simply enjoy sharing what we do and love. Our films are produced and paid for entirely by us and we receive absolutely NO funding from manufacturers or vendors to help subsidize our work.

rinkishjk
10-19-2015, 11:47 AM
Enjoyed the video as always! Seemed like another epic wayalife trip.

tooslow76
10-19-2015, 12:16 PM
I aways look forward to you're videos. It makes me want to hit the trail right after i finish watch them. Keep up the good work.

greasypete
10-19-2015, 12:17 PM
Thanks for sharing. Always love to watch your movies.

Cheers Pete
(Germany)

steep-n-deep
10-19-2015, 12:20 PM
I have never seen anything on this trail thanks for a great film!:clap2:

cbob
10-19-2015, 12:21 PM
Another great video, thanks for sharing!

Dopey84
10-19-2015, 12:25 PM
This was pretty awesome! Really shows how people do come together to work through even the biggest obstacles.. Good job guys

greggnj
10-19-2015, 12:34 PM
Another great video!! I couldn't wait so I watched it on my phone but I'll have to watch it again on the TV when I get a chance.

LeighP
10-19-2015, 12:54 PM
Thanks very much. Most enjoyable. You guys have some beautiful country up there to play in. :thumb:

Jeep_Will
10-19-2015, 12:57 PM
Awesome video! Makes the "need" for a snorkel a reality! Like always, Amazing work Team!

MAMUT
10-19-2015, 12:58 PM
Thank you Cindy & Eddie !

Fantastic video and what i've learned from it is that Fordyce is like a mystery trail, you never know what you're going to get at the end of the day. :-)

MedixJK
10-19-2015, 01:13 PM
Video turned out great. Thanks Eddie and Cindy for continuing to put in the work to make these videos happen. Always a pleasure to watch.

DWiggles
10-19-2015, 01:43 PM
Video turned out awesome Guys! Eddie, Cindy, you guys ROCK! :thumb:

NFRs2000NYC
10-19-2015, 01:59 PM
Awesome video! Truly tremendous! So, I try to learn something from every video...so how does one avoid frying their winch battery cable? What causes that?

M_Savage
10-19-2015, 02:00 PM
another great video Eddie! Thank you so much for taking the time to put this together!

Man a car fire is something that really scares me. what is the reason Jeff's rig caught fire, and what are some things to prevent this?

Bay Area 510
10-19-2015, 02:04 PM
Awesome video like always.. I haven't had a chance to make it there yet but now I know I might need a snorkel Lol

gtaion
10-19-2015, 02:30 PM
Great editing, I had never heard of this trail. But if I ever get out to the West Coast it is really one that I would like to give a try.

And a welder? I've never thought of packing a welder, was that an instance where you knew it was close to going out. Or is that seriously just part of your normal trail gear?

Any who great video.

Jkratt
10-19-2015, 02:36 PM
Video was great, just like the others I have watched time and time again. The jeeps that appear in all the videos are incredible machines and make the most difficult trails look tolerable. Hard to imagine a jeep with 40 inch tires crossing that much water. Can't wait for the next adventure video.

wayoflife
10-19-2015, 02:41 PM
Epic, indeed!!! Absolutely amazing video -- Thanks for sharing!!!!

We're so glad you liked it. Thank you.

Great video as always. Some deep water, good thing for drain plugs.

Seriously! If we didn't have drain plugs and as many as come on a Jeep, it would have sucked for sure. Glad you liked the film.

In the usual fashion you have once again amazed in another brilliant video! Well done!

Thank you, we really appreciate it.

That was a great video. It reminds me of some of the earlier vids that got me into jeeping. Lisa said we need to go on another camping trip with everyone. Hopefully soon...:) Thanks for another great vid. Keep up the great work!

LOL!! Well, I hope it reminds you of our earlier work only in the sense that the trip was more about good friends getting out and having a good time and not because it looks like we were still learning and refining what we do. :crazyeyes: :D Definitely need to get out with two again and soon.

Great video! and thanks for getting me a great start to the week! Giving me the itches to go out and wheel ASAP! Now added to the }"to get" list is fire extinguishers and a snorkel haha

Definitely NEED to get yourself a good fire extinguisher and if at all possible TWO of them. One BC for engine fires and an ABC for general fires. I can't tell you how many times we've needed to break out a fire extinguisher on the trail over the years. It really is a MUST HAVE piece of equipment.

Gathered the wife and kids and watched on the big screen like we have the last few vids. This one didn't disappoint!!![emoji106][emoji16][emoji2] You know you're doing something right when both kids can sit with eyes glued to the screen for the entire vid. Well done, again, Cindy and Eddie.

So the next one comings out next weekend right. [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23]lol.

Thanks Jason, we're so glad that you and the family enjoyed it. :cool:

Great video as always!!! Glad everyone made it out ok

Awesome!:rock:

Loved the video. Looks like a fun trail.

great trail,, great adventure,,, great video:beer::thumb:

Thanks guys, we just hope we can help share some of our experiences and in a way that make you feel like you were there with us. :yup:

Once again Eddie and Cindy you've outdone yourselves. I think it's one of your best videos yet. Thank you

Thanks Dean, we really do appreciate it.

TLC Offroad
10-19-2015, 02:47 PM
See I knew you were not going to Disappoint, People love Adventures and CARNAGE lol as long as it not their Carnage. Great Video and I can't wait for more Video's.

HoosierWolf
10-19-2015, 02:47 PM
Love it! I think this is one of my favorites. Hope to watch it again on my TV tomorrow. :clap2:

wayoflife
10-19-2015, 02:48 PM
Holy crap, how many followers just went out and bought a box of Damp Rid and a fire extinguisher?

It's fun to live vicariously through your epic adventures. As I head back to Florida (where trails are dull and flat) I look forward to opening my garage and finding within it my 2008 (picnic) Jeep. Lifted enough to pass the occasional fallen tree or climb the curb to avoid traffic. It will never see the adventure ( or torture ) shown in these films. It's still under bumper to bumper, zero deductible extended factory warranty and I get pissy after a day of new pinstripes from riding trails in the local national forests.

I am just amazed how unfazed your groups are by the trails ahead of you and the damage they cause. By the time I fill my Jeep with beer, food, and toss in a hammock, I don't have room for cranes, welders, hard hats. hoists, spare motors, drivetrain, and an auto shop full of tools ... and a dog. Just amazing. Off-road Evolution seems like he almost had fun on this one ... (he's never fazed).

Cudos and thanks for yet another beautifully produced epic adventure. Very well done and very exciting to watch. Too bad there wasn't another sixty minutes.

All this from a beat up old CRX? Wow ...

LOL!! We're glad to hear you feel as if you can live vicariously through our epic adventures as that's one of our main goals in making films like this.

Please DO get a fire extinguisher as soon as you can as we have seen Jeeps burn to the ground on pavement before. You just never know and a small investment can go a long way.

Another great video. Tried to hold off watching it on my phone until I got home, but couldn't.

Glad to hear you were still able to enjoy it on your phone. :cool:

You guys have done it again, another incredible film to keep me inspired. Thank you for doing what you do.

Thank you! I always enjoy seeing the kinds of things you guys do. Keep up the good work, and good fun too.

Enjoyed the video as always! Seemed like another epic wayalife trip.

Thank you, we're really happy to know so many of you enjoyed it. :yup:

I aways look forward to you're videos. It makes me want to hit the trail right after i finish watch them. Keep up the good work.

Good! That's what we hope our films do, make you want to get out and play :cool:

Thanks for sharing. Always love to watch your movies.

Cheers Pete
(Germany)

Thanks Pete, we're always glad to see that people from around the world are watching our films.

I have never seen anything on this trail thanks for a great film!:clap2:

Yeah, unless you're from the area, Fordyce is a trail that doesn't get the kind of attention that it really deserves. But, in a way, we're kind of glad for that :D

Another great video, thanks for sharing!

Thank you.

This was pretty awesome! Really shows how people do come together to work through even the biggest obstacles.. Good job guys

And, in so many ways, that's really what makes the Jeep WAYALIFE so much fun - the people you get to go out with and struggle together with. Glad you liked it.

LOL!! We're glad that you liked it enough to want to watch it again :)

bsimon187
10-19-2015, 02:51 PM
Another awesome vid! Thanks for providing all of us with many hours of entertainment over the years!

wayoflife
10-19-2015, 03:01 PM
Thanks very much. Most enjoyable. You guys have some beautiful country up there to play in. :thumb:

Thank you. We're glad to see that our friends down under can enjoy our films too :cool:

Awesome video! Makes the "need" for a snorkel a reality! Like always, Amazing work Team!

:cheesy: Oh yeah, definitely "needed" :crazyeyes:

Thank you Cindy & Eddie !

Fantastic video and what i've learned from it is that Fordyce is like a mystery trail, you never know what you're going to get at the end of the day. :-)

As some like to call it, 4-Dice. You roll them every time you run it and for us, we came up with SNAKE EYES :crazyeyes:

Video turned out great. Thanks Eddie and Cindy for continuing to put in the work to make these videos happen. Always a pleasure to watch.

Video turned out awesome Guys! Eddie, Cindy, you guys ROCK! :thumb:

Than you, we're so glad that you liked what you saw. :cool:

Awesome video! Truly tremendous! So, I try to learn something from every video...so how does one avoid frying their winch battery cable? What causes that?

There's a couple of things that went on here. #1, you really need to make sure that your positive battery cable is routed in a way that it does NOT make any contact with anything that could chafe through the insulation. #2, you need to realize that the cable gets really hot with a lot of use. This will make the insulation soft and that will make it easy for anything sharp to penetrate through it. Once grounded, you get what you saw in this film.

another great video Eddie! Thank you so much for taking the time to put this together!

Man a car fire is something that really scares me. what is the reason Jeff's rig caught fire, and what are some things to prevent this?

See my response above. Of course, that only takes care of something like a winch lead. Most of the fires we've seen had more to do with ATF puking out onto the cats and exhaust after getting too hot. Ultimately, you should always carry a fire extinguisher and know how to use it. If you can carry 2 of them, get a BC and an ABC.

Awesome video like always.. I haven't had a chance to make it there yet but now I know I might need a snorkel Lol

LOL!! So long as you don't blow through the water, you really DON'T need a snorkel as you can clearly see in our film :cool:

Great editing, I had never heard of this trail. But if I ever get out to the West Coast it is really one that I would like to give a try.

And a welder? I've never thought of packing a welder, was that an instance where you knew it was close to going out. Or is that seriously just part of your normal trail gear?

Any who great video.

Yeah, on trails like this, we carry a welder as a part of standard equipment. We end up using it more than you'd think if only to help others we encounter on the trail and in need of one.

Video was great, just like the others I have watched time and time again. The jeeps that appear in all the videos are incredible machines and make the most difficult trails look tolerable. Hard to imagine a jeep with 40 inch tires crossing that much water. Can't wait for the next adventure video.

Can you imagine what crossing the creek would be like when the flood gates are open? This happens all the time and when it does, guys are literally stranded in between the crossings until PG&E shut them off :crazyeyes:

NFRs2000NYC
10-19-2015, 03:03 PM
Thank you. We're glad to see that our friends down under can enjoy our films too :cool:

:cheesy: Oh yeah, definitely "needed" :crazyeyes:

As some like to call it, 4-Dice. You roll them every time you run it and for us, we came up with SNAKE EYES :crazyeyes:

Than you, we're so glad that you liked what you saw. :cool:

There's a couple of things that went on here. #1, you really need to make sure that your positive battery cable is routed in a way that it does NOT make any contact with anything that could chafe through the insulation. #2, you need to realize that the cable gets really hot with a lot of use. This will make the insulation soft and that will make it easy for anything sharp to penetrate through it. Once grounded, you get what you saw in this film.

Might be a good idea to add another layer of split wire loom for added protection :shock:

Oldvolks
10-19-2015, 03:07 PM
It was a great video, nice to see like minded folks having a good time doing the things they enjoy and helping out when the need arises!!!!

sitruc
10-19-2015, 03:16 PM
What an EPIC adventure! Great video as usual, you and Cindy ROCK!! :thumb::thumb:

wayoflife
10-19-2015, 03:36 PM
See I knew you were not going to Disappoint, People love Adventures and CARNAGE lol as long as it not their Carnage. Great Video and I can't wait for more Video's.

LOL!! Indeed they do. When we work on a film like this, we literally see the same thing over and over and over again and by the time it's done, we're never sure if it's any good or how it'll be received. By then, it's hard to look at it in anyway but critically. Glad to hear you and others liked it. :crazyeyes:

Love it! I think this is one of my favorites. Hope to watch it again on my TV tomorrow. :clap2:

Glad to hear you enjoyed it enough to want to see it again. Thank you.

Another awesome vid! Thanks for providing all of us with many hours of entertainment over the years!

It's our pleasure and we're glad that you enjoyed it.

Might be a good idea to add another layer of split wire loom for added protection :shock:

In places where there might be an issue, yeah, I could see adding more protection would be a smart thing to do.

It was a great video, nice to see like minded folks having a good time doing the things they enjoy and helping out when the need arises!!!!

That is what makes a trip like this so much fun :yup:

What an EPIC adventure! Great video as usual, you and Cindy ROCK!! :thumb::thumb:

Thank you. It really was an EPIC adventure and one we were able to share with you.

mudmobeeler
10-19-2015, 03:59 PM
Another awesome video Eddie and Cindy! :thumb:

Speedy_RCW
10-19-2015, 04:15 PM
And that's why fire extinguishers are important! Looks like a very memorable trip. Thanks for posting this up.

mtt
10-19-2015, 05:06 PM
Well that was a great way to start the week! Great vid! keep them coming!

dwilkening
10-19-2015, 06:32 PM
Great video. Glad to see the fire wasn't any worse. His extinguisher saved his Jeep.

Tiki Dave
10-19-2015, 06:32 PM
I SO LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR VIDEOS.
Makes me want to move out west and join in the fun.

wayoflife
10-19-2015, 06:43 PM
Another awesome video Eddie and Cindy! :thumb:

Thank you :cool:

And that's why fire extinguishers are important! Looks like a very memorable trip. Thanks for posting this up.

Absolutely! Fire extinguishers are a must!

Well that was a great way to start the week! Great vid! keep them coming!

You know we will keep them coming :cool:

Great video. Glad to see the fire wasn't any worse. His extinguisher saved his Jeep.

It really did and it's why EVERYONE should be carrying at least one.

I SO LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR VIDEOS.
Makes me want to move out west and join in the fun.

Thank you, we're so glad you enjoy our films. :yup:

gtony12
10-19-2015, 06:48 PM
Awesome video Eddie & Cindy, love seeing new ones can wait to see more!!! Great job!!!!!!

MikieJonFL
10-19-2015, 08:47 PM
Thanks Ed & Cindy for all the hard work you put into these videos for us to enjoy.

How long was this sitting on the shelf between filming and publishing? Moby was sporting CA plates instead of Nevada and it also looks like it was shot before Mel lost all that weight before the 2015 JKX rides. He's lost a bunch of weight I hope he's doing OK..

Mikie..

Recurve
10-19-2015, 09:52 PM
Just got done watching the video! Really good, about had a tear well up in my eye towards the end haha.
Also the shot with the whole valley in the background when you guys are climbing the rocks is just perfect.
Look forward to more videos , thanks!

Sudz
10-19-2015, 10:40 PM
Good Times. I bet you guys were exhausted after that one.

bigblake
10-19-2015, 10:47 PM
cant wait to watch it tonight after monday night football of course. This kind of entertainment needs to be watched on the big screen. Thanks for creating this for others to enjoy!!

Coop
10-19-2015, 11:46 PM
Really great wheeling! It is what we do! Wayalife in it's essence! Loved it!
Coop

enemec1
10-20-2015, 12:06 AM
i watched this video two times, amazing footage. makes me wonder where to put the stereo amp to my sub. it would of drowned in that first stream crossing. :eek: looked like fun.. wish i lived in the west.

wayoflife
10-20-2015, 01:42 AM
Awesome video Eddie & Cindy, love seeing new ones can wait to see more!!! Great job!!!!!!

Thanks Tony :cool:

Thanks Ed & Cindy for all the hard work you put into these videos for us to enjoy.

How long was this sitting on the shelf between filming and publishing? Moby was sporting CA plates instead of Nevada and it also looks like it was shot before Mel lost all that weight before the 2015 JKX rides. He's lost a bunch of weight I hope he's doing OK..

Mikie..

We did this run right after getting back from the Colorado JKX - that was back in 2011. Mel is fine, just wanted to lose weight and has since put a few back on being that so many people thought he was sick :crazyeyes:

Just got done watching the video! Really good, about had a tear well up in my eye towards the end haha.
Also the shot with the whole valley in the background when you guys are climbing the rocks is just perfect.
Look forward to more videos , thanks!

LOL!! Glad to hear you enjoyed it :cool:

Good Times. I bet you guys were exhausted after that one.

cant wait to watch it tonight after monday night football of course. This kind of entertainment needs to be watched on the big screen. Thanks for creating this for others to enjoy!!

Awesome, I hope you enjoy it.

Really great wheeling! It is what we do! Wayalife in it's essence! Loved it!
Coop

So glad to hear it, thanks!

i watched this video two times, amazing footage. makes me wonder where to put the stereo amp to my sub. it would of drowned in that first stream crossing. :eek: looked like fun.. wish i lived in the west.

Truth be told, if you do this with doors on, you could probably keep some of the water out. But, not all of it. It's definitely something to be concerned with if you do water crossing like this.

BradsTj
10-20-2015, 02:21 AM
Awesome video! I love how you make us the viewer feel like we are actually there and the way you capture the moments it tells the story so well I can't wait to see what your next one is!

RubiconJohn
10-20-2015, 02:49 AM
What a great film Eddie!!!

So glad to see Fordyce Creek get some coverage, such a great trail!!

Makes me miss Truckee, can't wait to get back!!

:rock:

2000TJDude
10-20-2015, 03:37 AM
Hi Wol, sorry if this is a repeat question but why didn't your group just hop out at the committee bypass once you knew it was getting dark?

wayoflife
10-20-2015, 03:46 AM
Awesome video! I love how you make us the viewer feel like we are actually there and the way you capture the moments it tells the story so well I can't wait to see what your next one is!

Thank you, we're so flattered to hear you say as much as that is really what we are hoping to do.

What a great film Eddie!!!

So glad to see Fordyce Creek get some coverage, such a great trail!!

Makes me miss Truckee, can't wait to get back!!

:rock:

Thank you, we love Fordyce and the whole area up here too :yup:

Hi Wol, sorry if this is a repeat question but why didn't your group just hop out at the committee bypass once you knew it was getting dark?

LOL!! What fun would that be? :crazyeyes:

For those who know me, the running joke is that I can never lead a group through a trail without getting us off of it before sundown. In fact, we NEVER do night runs - most of our runs just turn out to be one :crazyeyes:

Sharkey
10-20-2015, 03:57 AM
In fact, we NEVER do night runs - most of our runs just turn out to be one :crazyeyes:

Never say never. One of these days I will talk you into a night run up to Hunter Lake. If nothing else, the view of Reno on the way back down is cool.

JKStair
10-20-2015, 04:15 AM
Love these videos. Always awesome!!

RUBINOT
10-20-2015, 05:14 AM
Another fantastic movie added to your already awesome collection. Thank you

ttfhell
10-20-2015, 05:51 AM
Heard the stories, cool to see the matching footage! Have to hit that trail.

Petthefish
10-20-2015, 11:33 AM
watched twice now and I plan on watching it with my son when he gets home from school today lol :yup:

Jeepmed
10-20-2015, 11:44 AM
Another great video. Thank You.

Speeddmn
10-20-2015, 11:55 AM
Great video as always, and damn you for making me dream of yet another place to visit! Dang I need either less work days or more vacation days!

AllAmericanInfidel
10-20-2015, 12:02 PM
Yet another great video! Thanks for taking us along on the adventure! You two make it feel like we are right there with you!

wayoflife
10-20-2015, 02:43 PM
Never say never. One of these days I will talk you into a night run up to Hunter Lake. If nothing else, the view of Reno on the way back down is cool.

Okay, maybe I won't say that I'd never do one on purposes. Certainly, I end up going on them whether I like it or not anyway :crazyeyes:

Love these videos. Always awesome!!

Another fantastic movie added to your already awesome collection. Thank you

Thanks guys, we're so glad that you liked it :cool:

Heard the stories, cool to see the matching footage! Have to hit that trail.

We were going to run it this year but it just didn't work out. We really need to make it happen next year.

watched twice now and I plan on watching it with my son when he gets home from school today lol :yup:

Awesome! We're relieved that people like you would be willing to watch it more than once :cool:

Another great video. Thank You.

Thanks!

Great video as always, and damn you for making me dream of yet another place to visit! Dang I need either less work days or more vacation days!

LOL!! You just need to make it happen :yup:

Yet another great video! Thanks for taking us along on the adventure! You two make it feel like we are right there with you!

We're so glad that you feel that way about our film. Thank you.

TripleBJK
10-20-2015, 04:45 PM
Nice video. More like snake bit! Ok next trip I need a snorkel, more lights, a welder and a fire extinguisher.

wayoflife
10-20-2015, 04:53 PM
Nice video. More like snake bit! Ok next trip I need a snorkel, more lights, a welder and a fire extinguisher.

LOL!! BTW, since you seemed to have missed it, you really DO NOT need a snorkel. As for lights, you want rock lights and not more forward facing lights - they will do NOTHING for you in the rocks other than blind your spotter. Fire extinguisher is a MUST :yup:

Linebacker
10-20-2015, 06:29 PM
Already commented, but I got to thinking why is it I liked it more than most. I'm guessing from the right side body damage on Moby this was filmed shortly after the 2011 JKX. The camera work was good as usual, but the editing was 2015 better and the writing and narration has improved with time. Am I close?:idontknow:

Exodus Jeeps
10-20-2015, 06:29 PM
LOL!! BTW, since you seemed to have missed it, you really DO NOT need a snorkel. As for lights, you want rock lights and not more forward facing lights - they will do NOTHING for you in the rocks other than blind your spotter. Fire extinguisher is a MUST :yup:

Yeah I was watching it and thinking how nice rock lights would be just in case you had to do a trail repair or even just change a tire at night, let alone help guide you over obstacles.

Slavens
10-20-2015, 07:01 PM
Another awesome wheeling trip Eddie! Thank you for sharing with us!! Hopefully I can join on a Fordyce Run with you guys sometime.

Take care!!!

Abattoir
10-20-2015, 07:42 PM
Excellent video. That looked like one very tough trail. Makes me rethink the tire size I was looking to get. Bigger is better here I guess.

TripleBJK
10-20-2015, 08:14 PM

You are correct, no snorkel needed. More like plug removal. I am amazed the one rig with 35's made it.

jeepduude
10-21-2015, 04:56 AM
As usual top notch Jeeping and video!

r2fasani
10-21-2015, 05:14 AM
Another AWESOME video! And when it finished, I couldn't help but start re-watching another video because I was so pumped (Pacific NW JKX). Thanks for creating and sharing Eddie and Cindy!

brooklyn4x4
10-21-2015, 05:27 AM
Just watched it for a second time. Now watching devil's canyon again for like the tenth time. I love these videos I wish you guys still covered the jkx the garbage coverage they have now does not compare.

ROCK HARD 4X4
10-21-2015, 08:14 PM
Great video!

Peak
10-22-2015, 01:06 AM
You're videos never disappoint. This one is now one of my favorites!

pkulick2
10-23-2015, 03:15 AM
Can you include the honey when you ship the shot glasses to me?

mcpuck
10-23-2015, 05:03 AM
Here is my list of damage from this run. I went back on Facebook and found this post:

Sliced a sidewall, smashed the electronic sway bar plug, tore off the license plate (again), heavily scarred the new unblemished beadlocks, cracked the windshield, wore out the tie rod ends, filled the cab with water, used the fire extinguisher, broke the rock lights, had the angle finder red-lined at 45 degrees, drove her 60 miles on the highway aired down to 10 psi at 3AM, ran over traffic cones, drove 450 miles at 80 mph with the sway bar disconnected, and gave her a bath because she has treated me so good. What did you do to your Jeep this week?

and here was Honey Badger’s Facebook post:

bent/twisted axels, destroyed stearing stabiler, bent tie rod, removed evap canister, electrical fire in the engine compartment, submerging the jeep in 40"+ of water, being able to drive it off the trail and enjoying rock hard wet woodies with great friends.... priceless (thanks frank)

cozdude
10-23-2015, 11:29 AM
Here is my list of damage from this run. I went back on Facebook and found this post:

Sliced a sidewall, smashed the electronic sway bar plug, tore off the license plate (again), heavily scarred the new unblemished headlocks, cracked the windshield, wore out the tie rod ends, filled the cab with water, used the fire extinguisher, broke the rock lights, had the angle finder red-lined at 45 degrees, drove her 60 miles on the highway aired down to 10 psi at 3AM, ran over traffic cones, drove 450 miles at 80 mph with the sway bar disconnected, and gave her a bath because she has treated me so good. What did you do to your Jeep this week?

and here was Honey Badger’s Facebook post:

bent/twisted axels, destroyed stearing stabiler, bent tie rod, removed evap canister, electrical fire in the engine compartment, submerging the jeep in 40"+ of water, being able to drive it off the trail and enjoying rock hard wet woodies with great friends.... priceless (thanks frank)

That's one hell of a damage report! Thanks for that Don!

BillTheCat
10-23-2015, 02:00 PM
SO fun to watch.

martinzusmc
10-23-2015, 02:16 PM
Great Video and editing. Makes me want to ditch work this morning and go out wheeling.

Víctor
10-25-2015, 05:22 PM
Awesome video... Wayalife thanks

wayoflife
10-25-2015, 05:58 PM

USMC Wrangler
10-25-2015, 07:48 PM

Congrats greggnj!! :yup: :thumb:

greggnj
10-26-2015, 01:45 AM
Thanks! [emoji4][emoji106]🏻

It's safe to say this was the highlight of my day after spending most of it replacing my hot water heater...

Thanks Eddie! I replied to your pm

vjusmc
10-26-2015, 02:14 PM
Does anyone know what type of jack was used in the video ?

wayoflife
10-26-2015, 02:24 PM
Thanks! [emoji4][emoji106]

It's safe to say this was the highlight of my day after spending most of it replacing my hot water heater...

Thanks Eddie! I replied to your pm

Well perfect then, I'm glad you got picked! I'll be shipping them out to you today :cool:

wayoflife
10-26-2015, 02:24 PM
Does anyone know what type of jack was used in the video ?

You mean the factory scissor jack that we used to change the tires?

vjusmc
10-26-2015, 03:01 PM
Lol. I thought it was a different jack because it was used on a raised Jeep.

wayoflife
10-26-2015, 03:19 PM
Lol. I thought it was a different jack because it was used on a raised Jeep.

LOL!! The bottom of your differential or base of your control arms are still low enough to use a factory scissor jack on so long as the ground is level enough. A bottle jack would be much better to use though.

getoverit
10-28-2015, 03:08 AM
What a crazy run - you sure had your share of challenges! I think we need some more mods before we try and tackle Fordyce! Thanks for putting this together.

atrollip
10-28-2015, 05:13 PM
Another amazing video. Thank you for sharing the privilege to see these videos and learn from them. 😊

greggnj
10-29-2015, 12:22 AM
Guess what was in the mailbox when I got home...

Figured I better test 'em out!

Thanks again Eddie!!

wayoflife
10-29-2015, 01:47 AM
Guess what was in the mailbox when I got home...

Figured I better test 'em out!

Thanks again Eddie!!

Awesome!! Glad to see you got them and are already putting them to use :thumb:

JLE21
10-29-2015, 02:20 AM
Just got these bad boys in as well :D now I just need some honey to try for the first time!

wayoflife
10-29-2015, 02:28 AM
Just got these bad boys in as well :D now I just need some honey to try for the first time!

Awesome!! Hope you enjoy them :cool:

Thegreenmachine12
12-08-2015, 02:41 AM
What is the song at 8:00???

wayoflife
12-08-2015, 03:19 AM
What is the song at 8:00???

Actually, it's just a royalty free track that we bought the rights to. Sorry.

Thegreenmachine12
12-08-2015, 03:45 AM
Actually, it's just a royalty free track that we bought the rights to. Sorry.

Oh ok sorry lol. Actually a pretty awesome sounding song. You guys always pick some awesome music your your videos!

wayoflife
12-08-2015, 03:48 AM
Oh ok sorry lol. Actually a pretty awesome sounding song. You guys always pick some awesome music your your videos!

LOL!! No need to apologize. We're glad that you like the songs we pick :)

Thegreenmachine12
12-08-2015, 03:51 AM
LOL!! No need to apologize. We're glad that you like the songs we pick :)

Haha I have a few songs in my playlist that I've downloaded because I've seen them in the videos!

Ginz
06-14-2016, 03:40 AM
Ho lee shit! This was pretty intense! I was actually starting to get nervous towards the end. Amazing video.

cozdude
01-11-2017, 04:13 PM
Just watched this again on lunch! Loved it!

Trail JK
01-16-2017, 02:30 AM
This trail looks amazing and tough. Awesome video!

Hmm, loose boulders, looks challenging.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

wayoflife
01-16-2017, 03:26 AM
This trail looks amazing and tough. Awesome video!

Hmm, loose boulders, looks challenging.

Girl, we need to get you and Ray out there with us this year. :thumb: Of course, maybe when the waters go down a bit though. Just saw Fordyce was seeing a flow rate of 3000 :shock:

Trail JK
01-16-2017, 03:38 AM
Girl, we need to get you and Ray out there with us this year. :thumb: Of course, maybe when the waters go down a bit though. Just saw Fordyce was seeing a flow rate of 3000 :shock:

It looks awesome!! [emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

ChiliDawg
01-16-2017, 03:39 AM
Well. I see what all the hubbub over the WAYALIFE videos is now - first time I've watched one. Damn.

My rig is unworthy.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

BaddestCross
01-16-2017, 03:40 AM
Well. I see what all the hubbub over the WAYALIFE videos is now - first time I've watched one. Damn.

My rig is unworthy.

Wait until you park next to one. 😂😂

Sent from my SM-P600 using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

Trail JK
01-16-2017, 03:49 AM

My rig is unworthy.

I don't know about unworthy a stock rig can amazing things. That said, Fordyce isn't a trail I'd feel comfortable trying stock. It's definitely a challenging trail even for a built rig. Pretty gnarly stuff! Looks fantastic! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

TrainWreck618

My rig is unworthy.

That's crazy that you have not seen a Wayalife video..

benatc1
definitely one of my favorite videos, maybe this summer I can get up into Fordyce

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

ChiliDawg
01-16-2017, 03:51 AM
Wait until you park next to one. [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-P600 using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

[emoji50][emoji47][emoji55][emoji52][emoji58][emoji20]

ChiliDawg
01-16-2017, 03:52 AM
That's crazy that you have not seen a Wayalife video..

I just came here to sell my shit.

TRLJNKY
01-16-2017, 03:55 AM
I just came here to sell my shit.

Thats funny as hell right there. Now I got to go watch this vid everyone is talking about [emoji12]

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

ChiliDawg
01-16-2017, 03:58 AM
definitely one of my favorite videos, maybe this summer I can get up into Fordyce

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

Just added a snorkel to my wish list.

benatc1
01-16-2017, 04:21 AM
Just added a snorkel to my wish list.

bigger tires give the same result right??

ChiliDawg
01-16-2017, 04:22 AM
bigger tires give the same result right??

Yeah but from the looks of it I'll need 40's to keep dry in that and a snorkel is way cheaper [emoji1]

benatc1
01-16-2017, 04:23 AM
Yeah but from the looks of it I'll need 40's to keep dry in that and a snorkel is way cheaper [emoji1]

haha fair point![emoji106]

Speedy_RCW
01-16-2017, 05:43 AM

Holy hell. We wheeled in to the first crossing this summer and turned around. Water was "only" flowing ~490 that day but watched it swallow up a YJ's 44's.