PDA

View Full Version : Alignment cost, did I get hosed?

bowtech50
10-29-2015, 01:06 AM
Did I take a bath from my dealer on an alignment? I had it checked after my 3.5" AEV lift install and slight shimmy issue. I was shocked when the bill was $368.00 dollars!! They told me the wrangler comes with a fixed alignment and they had to put an alignment bolt kit on it?

10frank9
10-29-2015, 01:10 AM
Bullshit! You got hosed my friend. I just did my own after installing a new aftermarket tie rod. Have set my alignment plenty of times with my stock tie rod.

If anything they installed inferior parts to correct your caster.

Check out how easy an alignment is:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3861-Basic-Do-it-Yourself-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Front-End-Alignment&styleid=8

cozdude
10-29-2015, 01:17 AM
You got hosed my friend. I payed half that for my shop to adjust all my control arms and all for me. As frank posted tho you can easily do it yourself for FREE. I was just lazy and didn't want to do it lol

MedixJK
10-29-2015, 01:18 AM
Yup. Hosed. Hate to say it but all the write ups you need to completely align it yourself at home are posted here on WAL. Camber is the only thing you cant really adjust, and shouldnt need to unless you bend your axle C's

Edit: and what the hell is an "alignment kit" anyway?

Lukasd
10-29-2015, 01:21 AM
Caster kit $50 at 4wd.com

WJCO
10-29-2015, 01:45 AM
My first thought, is yes, my friend, hosed big time.........however......average shop rate is about 120 an hour (give or take). Post a picture of your bill if you can. Alignment I'm guessing is 60 bucks. Parts kit is 100 (just guessing). Labor for parts (lets go on the cheap side) half hour per side, so 120 for that labor........so 280 (give or take).....still shy of your posted amount though !

Now everyone is right here, you could have used the write up and done it your self. And there's no guarantees you needed what they sold you......but I'd be curious to see your invoice just to see what they did for that amount, there could be more to the story. Truthfully on a Jeep though, unless parts are out of spec, 60-120 is really the max a shop should charge.

wayoflife
10-29-2015, 01:54 AM
Did I take a bath from my dealer on an alignment? I had it checked after my 3.5" AEV lift install and slight shimmy issue. I was shocked when the bill was $368.00 dollars!! They told me the wrangler comes with a fixed alignment and they had to put an alignment bolt kit on it?

Last I checked, there's nothing an alignment shop could have done with the lift you have except maybe re-center your steering wheel. Nothing else would have changed or could be changed with the components that you have. Needless to say, yes, you got hosed.

bowtech50
10-29-2015, 01:54 AM
Receipt states Labor amount is $214.95, parts $123.26 and misc. charges of $21.50. Total is $359.71 plus $8.78 tax for a grand total of $368.49. I thought the AEV GEO brackets were designed so the cheap caster bolts were not needed?

wayoflife
10-29-2015, 01:55 AM
Receipt states Labor amount is $214.95, parts $123.26 and misc. charges of $21.50. Total is $359.71 plus $8.78 tax for a grand total of $368.49. I thought the AEV GEO brackets were designed so the cheap caster bolts were not needed?

WTF, I would demand to know what "parts" they sold you and what the hell was the "miscellaneous" charges. That's total bullshit.

bowtech50
10-29-2015, 02:03 AM
(2) bolt-hex head- $33.42= $66,86
(2) washers- cam- $23.10= $46.20
(2) nut-hex flange lock- $5.10= $10.20
Total parts= $123.26

Sharkey
10-29-2015, 02:05 AM
So they installed cam bolts?

wayoflife
10-29-2015, 02:06 AM
Total parts= $123.26

WTF, $66.86 for 2 bolts???? $46.20 for 2 washers???? Did you verify that they actually installed these outrageously overpriced bolts and washers? Did they actually show you what your caster was before and after they installed these totally useless parts that have actually made things worse?

OverlanderJK
10-29-2015, 02:08 AM
I would bring it back and tell them to take them off and refund your money.

And next time, ask questions before you waste $400.

bowtech50
10-29-2015, 02:14 AM
Yes they did. I am looking at the printed alignment sheet and it does not appear they changed much. They didn`t change caster at all, it is at 3.2. Camber is at left -0.6 and right -0.4. Toe is .10 for both. Total toe was changed .1 total?

MedixJK
10-29-2015, 02:15 AM
Total parts= $123.26

Ummm yea...thats a load of shit. IF they installed these parts, they probably arent needed and a upcharged like 600%. Id go back and have a little chit chat.

NFRs2000NYC
10-29-2015, 02:17 AM

Badly hosed. I have an AEV lifted Jeep on 35s, and still get my alignment done at the dealer for $90 or so.

wayoflife
Yes they did. I am looking at the printed alignment sheet and it does not appear they changed much. They didn`t change caster at all, it is at 3.2. Camber is at left -0.6 and right -0.4. Toe is .10 for both. Total toe was changed .1 total?

WTF!! I would demand a refund just based on that!! Cam bolts will NOT change your toe at all and they basically charged you to jack up your axle mount holes. The numbers you have will PROVE that they did NOTHING. God, this just pisses me off to hear.

wayoflife
Badly hosed. I have an AEV lifted Jeep on 35s, and still get my alignment done at the dealer for $90 or so.

I hate to say it but you're getting hosed too. Unless you have adjustable components, there is NOTHING your dealership can do to align your suspension.

NFRs2000NYC
10-29-2015, 02:19 AM
I hate to say it but you're getting hosed too. Unless you have adjustable components, there is NOTHING your dealership can do to align your suspension.

I only had it done when I installed my lift/tires and balljoints to make sure all my camber/toe was on point. Im sure I could have done it myself, but it was just a time saver.

MedixJK
10-29-2015, 02:21 AM

Not to be negative, but did you read that or go over it with them before you left?

Edit: id like to hear how they justified it

wayoflife
10-29-2015, 02:23 AM
I only had it done when I installed my lift/tires and balljoints to make sure all my camber/toe was on point. Im sure I could have done it myself, but it was just a time saver.

Unlike the TJ before, your toe will NEVER change on a JK unless you bend the tie-rod. Unless you install adjustable ball joints, your camber will not change unless you have a bent end forging or axle tube. There is NOTHING that an alignment shop can do about this. Neither of these thing are things you even need to do yourself UNLESS one of the before mentioned has occurred.

WJCO
10-29-2015, 02:23 AM
WTF!! I would demand a refund just based on that!! Cam bolts will NOT change your toe at all and they basically charged you to jack up your axle mount holes. The numbers you have will PROVE that they did NOTHING. God, this just pisses me off to hear.

Agreed. Don't need no stinking bolts to adjust toe. And if caster didn't change at all, I would think if anything, that's what the bolts would change. And camber, can't change camber at all I don't think except with adjustable ball joints. Either way, sorry buddy, not looking good for what happened. Maybe you can sell those space-alloy-metal bolts to NASA and get some $ back.

By the way, what was your original complaint when you took it in?

NFRs2000NYC
10-29-2015, 02:45 AM
Unlike the TJ before, your toe will NEVER change on a JK unless you bend the tie-rod. Unless you install adjustable ball joints, your camber will not change unless you have a bent end forging or axle tube. There is NOTHING that an alignment shop can do about this. Neither of these thing are things you even need to do yourself UNLESS one of the before mentioned has occurred.

Doh, I remembered why I did the alignment....when i was trying to recenter my wheel, I accidentally adjusted my toe instead by twisting the wrong thing....obviously, since I wasn't keeping track of what I was doing toe-wise, I screwed it up and wanted them to fix it. Now, stupid question....does your alignment not get knocked out of wack from general driving, hitting bumps, etc? I was under the impression (apparently an incorrect one) that even if your alignment is dead on, just putting miles on the jeep will throw it out of wack eventually. Am I misunderstanding something? Not gonna lie, kinda feel pretty fvcking dumb about the whole thing, especially on my previous 2012 Sahara that I had aligned twice as part of good maintenance habits.

WJCO
10-29-2015, 02:50 AM
Doh, I remembered why I did the alignment....when i was trying to recenter my wheel, I accidentally adjusted my toe instead by twisting the wrong thing....obviously, since I wasn't keeping track of what I was doing toe-wise, I screwed it up and wanted them to fix it. Now, stupid question....does your alignment not get knocked out of wack from general driving, hitting bumps, etc? I was under the impression (apparently an incorrect one) that even if your alignment is dead on, just putting miles on the jeep will throw it out of wack eventually. Am I misunderstanding something? Not gonna lie, kinda feel pretty fvcking dumb about the whole thing, especially on my previous 2012 Sahara that I had aligned twice as part of good maintenance habits.

Parts do wear over time. I've kind of been a guy that does an alignment once a year just for maintenance, but theoretically on a solid axle vehicle, alignment shouldn't change unless something is bent or parts really wear out.

jeeeep
10-29-2015, 02:53 AM
holy shit! you got hosed, if you did not pre-authorize them to install those cam bolts that do nothing, I'd take it back and ask for a refund and for them to put it back the way it was.
They will likely say know so file a complaint with your start consumer board or contact the TV consumer person and tell them about unauthorized repairs, shops hate negative publicity.

When I'm feeling lazy and want to get my alignment back on track or the steering wheel straight again after wheeling, the place I go to charges me $25 because even they know there is minimal adjustments they can do. they still put up the laser plates and go through the whole alignment process.

on a side note, I find that the 37's seem to require more alignment maintenance after wheeling than the 315's I had on it :beer:

OverlanderJK
10-29-2015, 02:54 AM

Negative. Unless your tie rod is bent or ball joints are warn out nothing will change. It's a lot different from an IFS car.

geberhard
10-29-2015, 03:02 AM
.........dealer .......

It depends did they use platinum

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Images/89819/89819-md.jpg

or gold

http://image.fourwheeler.com/f/29782592+w660+h440+q80+re0+cr1+ar0/1103_4wd_15%2Bjeep_wrangler_jk_buildup%2Bsecure_ca m_bolts.jpg

or bedazzled..cambolts?

wayoflife
10-29-2015, 03:03 AM

Parts do wear over time. I've kind of been a guy that does an alignment once a year just for maintenance, but theoretically on a solid axle vehicle, alignment shouldn't change unless something is bent or parts really wear out.

Negative. Unless your tie rod is bent or ball joints are warn out nothing will change. It's a lot different from an IFS car.

What WJCO and OverlanderJK said. On a solid axle, unless you have bent or worn out components, nothing should change.

WJCO
10-29-2015, 03:03 AM
if you did not pre-authorize them to install those cam bolts that do nothing, I'd take it back and ask for a refund and for them to put it back the way it was.

He's got a point. If they advertised or quoted you a price when you came in "alignment special 59.95" and then did these bolts with out authorization......then you can get your money back most likely with a little fight. I would get pictures of the new bolts. I'm guessing they are the bolts that hold the lower control arm to axle mount, I don't know what else they could be. This would be to supposedly adjust your caster which you said the alignment sheet didn't show changed much. If indeed that is where the bolts are and your spec sheet shows nothing changed, you've got a pretty solid case.

If things go south, try to get ahold of the service manager. It's their job to deal with things like this.

NFRs2000NYC
10-29-2015, 03:04 AM

Well slap my ass and call me Susie...glad I posted in this thread. Today I learned.:thumb:

WJCO
10-29-2015, 03:05 AM
Well slap my ass and call me Susie...

10 characters

NFRs2000NYC
10-29-2015, 03:06 AM
What WJCO and OverlanderJK said. On a solid axle, unless you have bent or worn out components, nothing should change.

Thanks for the education, I feel like a dumbass, but at least now I know.

NFRs2000NYC
10-29-2015, 03:06 AM
10 characters

Two chicks at the same time man, that's what I thought getting an alignment done would get me.

WJCO
10-29-2015, 03:07 AM
Two chicks at the same time man, that's what I thought getting an alignment done would get me.

It's an assumption we all make.

NFRs2000NYC
10-29-2015, 03:08 AM
This should be a sticky....people need to know not to pay for alignments.

geberhard
10-29-2015, 03:25 AM
on a more serious note, and no butt kissing this is a darn good write-up:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3861-Basic-Do-it-Yourself-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Front-End-Alignment

http://project-jk.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=327206

EDIt: side off-topic note, this ruler probably was subliminally responsible for this site, Eddy!

http://project-jk.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=49544

Growing up I remember many rulers when I misbehaved, lol :D

Sharkey
10-29-2015, 04:12 AM
On the upside (insert sarcastic look), the dealership will probably flag your Jeep when you complain.

I would be one unhappy hombre if someone installed cam bolts without my consent.

bowtech50
10-29-2015, 06:29 PM
UPDATE: I went to the dealer and complained, and was able to recover $132.00 dollars for the cam bolt kit and get my stock bolts back from them. They did not drill out anything, so I can put them back in and they told me to keep the cam bolt kit. So I paid $89.95 for an alignment I did not need. I fairness to my original post and the cost being $368.00, I found out something else that has me even more pissed off. The original trip to the dealer was due to the fact that my electronic sway bar would not disconnect, and to check the alignment. I thought the swaybar thing was a warrenty issue. They told me today the $125.00 of the bill was to diagnose the issue, and they got it to disconnect on the lift. So they charged me a flat fee, since it was fine!!! I have not tried it myself but I will after work today.

wayoflife
10-29-2015, 06:35 PM
UPDATE: I went to the dealer and complained, and was able to recover $132.00 dollars for the cam bolt kit and get my stock bolts back from them. They did not drill out anything, so I can put them back in and they told me to keep the cam bolt kit. So I paid $89.95 for an alignment I did not need. I fairness to my original post and the cost being $368.00, I found out something else that has me even more pissed off. The original trip to the dealer was due to the fact that my electronic sway bar would not disconnect, and to check the alignment. I thought the swaybar thing was a warrenty issue. They told me today the $125.00 of the bill was to diagnose the issue, and they got it to disconnect on the lift. So they charged me a flat fee, since it was fine!!! I have not tried it myself but I will after work today.

Glad to hear you were able to recover some of your cost. I would verify that they didn't "notch out" your axle mounts as that's what would have been done to install cam bolts. If they did like they were supposed to, you will want to get that welded up. If they didn't and just charged you to do a whole lot of nothing, I might look for another dealership for future work. This is assuming they haven't flagged your Jeep.

BTW, a speed related shimmy is almost always a tire balancing issues - NOT an alignment issue.

bowtech50
10-29-2015, 06:40 PM
Thanks for all who replied, and yes I will be changing dealers in the future. The notch you speak of has me puzzled? According to the mechanic, he took the bottom axle side lower control arm bolts out and slid the cam bolts in? They are still in there at this moment, but I don`t see any grinder marks? And I asked him straight up if he drilled anything out and he said no.

wayoflife
10-29-2015, 06:45 PM
Thanks for all who replied, and yes I will be changing dealers in the future. The notch you speak of has me puzzled? According to the mechanic, he took the bottom axle side lower control arm bolts out and slid the cam bolts in? They are still in there at this moment, but I don`t see any grinder marks? And I asked him straight up if he drilled anything out and he said no.

The mount holes on your axles are square in shape and there are tabs on either side of them that can be knocked out in the event cam bolts are installed. This would allow for the square holes to become rectangular slots that will allow an adjustment in the axles position. You would NOT be able to see any of this as the cam washers would hide the slots. You would only be able to see them if the washers are removed. Did they remove the washers?

WJCO
10-29-2015, 06:51 PM

Strange. As Eddie said, just look closely.

And as far as your sway bar, are you still under factory warranty or extended warranty? Factory warranty, even diagnosing should be covered, but under extended warranty, there is usually a diagnostic charge unless there is a 'failed part' found that the warranty covers. Regardless, they should have told you this up front before spending your money.

bowtech50
10-29-2015, 06:52 PM
No the washers and bolts are still there. I got my stock bolts back and the $132.00 and left.

WJCO
10-29-2015, 06:52 PM
Alignment knock outs:

bowtech50
10-29-2015, 06:53 PM
The jeep is a 2013 JKUR with 30000 miles on it, and is still under factory warrenty.

wayoflife
10-29-2015, 06:54 PM
Alignment knock outs:

This ^^^

You can even see the imprint of the washers that used to be there.

WJCO
10-29-2015, 06:55 PM
The jeep is a 2013 JKUR with 30000 miles on it, and is still under factory warrenty.

They shouldn't have charged you for that. I've never heard of that.

bowtech50
10-29-2015, 06:58 PM
So if I remove the washers and see the rectangle hole is there, what do I need to do to put the stock bolts back in? I just went and looked and cant tell with the washers on there.

WJCO
10-29-2015, 07:06 PM
So if I remove the washers and see the rectangle hole is there, what do I need to do to put the stock bolts back in? I just went and looked and cant tell with the washers on there.

You will have to add metal to fix that hole. Weld.

WJCO
10-29-2015, 07:08 PM
But, if your caster is in spec on the sheet, you could just leave it there for now too. At least you got your money and bolts back.

bowtech50
10-29-2015, 09:41 PM
Here is what happened in the last 3 hours. I got pissed and left work early. Traveled to dealer on pulled right into the service bay. They were more then happy to change the bolts out while I watched, and they did. They had not knocked out the slots, and I could see where you could. I asked them how they planned on getting more then 1/32" adjustment, and they said they had never saw the knock outs before. Lucky me right! Then I addressed the $125.00 charge on the sway bar which still does not work by the way. They said it worked on the lift, and I said show me how it works on the ground and bring a new rubicon in to compare to, and they did. The new Jeep started flashing sway bar right away, and went solid when they drove forward 10 feet. Mine did not flash at all. They put mine on the lift and were able to get it to disconnect by letting it come down with a wheel under the tire, but no dash light? Long story short I am getting a full refund less $89.95 for the alignment? I drove home a free loaner 2015 JKU sport, and they are road force balancing all 5 tires for me for free. So this whole mess is costing me $89.95. I want to say thanks again for all the suggestions, you guys rock! I bought my tires and wheels from Tread Depot is Georgia and had them shipped here, so I really have no idea if the were RFB or just balanced. I hope this all gets fixed correctly as far as the sway bar goes, and that the RFB fixes my slight shimmy.

WJCO
10-29-2015, 09:44 PM
Here is what happened in the last 3 hours. I got pissed and left work early. Traveled to dealer on pulled right into the service bay. They were more then happy to change the bolts out while I watched, and they did. They had not knocked out the slots, and I could see where you could. I asked them how they planned on getting more then 1/32" adjustment, and they said they had never saw the knock outs before. Lucky me right! Then I addressed the $125.00 charge on the sway bar which still does not work by the way. They said it worked on the lift, and I said show me how it works on the ground and bring a new rubicon in to compare to, and they did. The new Jeep started flashing sway bar right away, and went solid when they drove forward 10 feet. Mine did not flash at all. They put mine on the lift and were able to get it to disconnect by letting it come down with a wheel under the tire, but no dash light? Long story short I am getting a full refund less $89.95 for the alignment? I drove home a free loaner 2015 JKU sport, and they are road force balancing all 5 tires for me for free. So this whole mess is costing me $89.95. I want to say thanks again for all the suggestions, you guys rock! I bought my tires and wheels from Tread Depot is Georgia and had them shipped here, so I really have no idea if the were RFB or just balanced. I hope this all gets fixed correctly as far as the sway bar goes, and that the RFB fixes my slight shimmy.

Sweet deal!! Too bad though they sold you a bolt set with offset washers but installed them with no change in offset!!!!!!!!!!!! At least you got it worked out.

Greg__Berger
10-30-2015, 04:03 PM

Essentially you paid $90 for a road force balance. So not the worst outcome. I'd be finding a different dealer for service for sure!

Hot94Z28
10-30-2015, 04:45 PM
Glad to hear it all worked out for you.

plext0r
10-30-2015, 05:10 PM
Wow, you really got a decent outcome considering your initial cost and dealing with a stealership. Since buying the 2008 JKU this past June, I've only gone to the dealer once and that was to have them fix the gas filler tube that has an unlimited miles warranty. They wanted to charge me $250 after the fact and I reminded them it was covered under the warranty. They had to look it up again and then magically produced a $0 invoice. :naw:

Galo
10-30-2015, 11:17 PM
Way to go Wayalife..

And, by wayalife, I mean the community here. This thread is a great example of what 'we' do as Jeep people.
We help and support each other, regardless of circumstances, weather, color of Jeep, location - whatever.
And by Wayalife, I also mean Eddie (et. al.). I sincerely Thank You for providing a place for this 'community' to congregate and
discuss our issues and passions, and promote our shared way of life.

God Bless and have a Jeep day.

Jason

jesse3638
10-31-2015, 03:37 AM
Great outcome. It's funny how most of the jeep community tends to know more about the jeep than the service techs, sales people, and the like. Fortunately my dealership seems to be pretty good. They replaced my axle seal under warranty then when it started leaking again they saw it was a scored axle shaft and replaced that too despite all my mods. I thought for sure they wouldn't based on wheels and tires alone.

WJCO
10-31-2015, 03:56 AM

What city are you in? If you're in the Minneapolis area, I got a guy out there in that area who is familiar with most of the dealers in that area. I'll try to get you a lead on a decent service writer at a decent dealer.

AllAmericanInfidel
10-31-2015, 12:31 PM
Wow, what an ordeal. I'm glad it all worked out in the end. If it were me, I would never go back to that dealership for any work again.

NecessaryEvil
10-31-2015, 02:06 PM
Wow, I read the whole thread and am impressed on how it turned out for you! What a turn around and glad it's all worked out.

bowtech50
10-31-2015, 07:49 PM
I am in Minnesota about 50 miles north of the metro. I don`t want to give the name of the dealer the jeep is at, because at this point they have completely turned this around and are trying to keep me as a customer. They said they road force balanced the tires, and that they all were 6-8 oz`s off. They are still trying to figure out the sway bar disco issue, and kept the jeep over the weekend and I kept the loaner. I bought my jeep from a well known dealer in Burnsville, and if I ever need any more dealer service I will go back there. I was trying to save the drive. I am excited to drive it again to see if I can feel the difference since the RF balance. I also agree with the above post on and about this forum, it is great to be here. I was a little apprehensive to post here since I picked an AEV lift, as it seems that many don`t care for it? I do agree it is over priced for what you get, and I myself wonder if the EVO plush coils would give me a better ride? If I lived west and had the trail opportunities that most of you have I would have bought a EVO system. Here in Minnesota I went AEV because of the on road manners they claimed were better, and the fact is that is where mine spends 80% of it`s time.

WJCO
10-31-2015, 09:18 PM
I am in Minnesota about 50 miles north of the metro. I don`t want to give the name of the dealer the jeep is at, because at this point they have completely turned this around and are trying to keep me as a customer. They said they road force balanced the tires, and that they all were 6-8 oz`s off. They are still trying to figure out the sway bar disco issue, and kept the jeep over the weekend and I kept the loaner. I bought my jeep from a well known dealer in Burnsville, and if I ever need any more dealer service I will go back there. I was trying to save the drive. I am excited to drive it again to see if I can feel the difference since the RF balance. I also agree with the above post on and about this forum, it is great to be here. I was a little apprehensive to post here since I picked an AEV lift, as it seems that many don`t care for it? I do agree it is over priced for what you get, and I myself wonder if the EVO plush coils would give me a better ride? If I lived west and had the trail opportunities that most of you have I would have bought a EVO system. Here in Minnesota I went AEV because of the on road manners they claimed were better, and the fact is that is where mine spends 80% of it`s time.

Fair enough. If I do hear of any good names north of the Metro area, I'll pass them along to you.

StrizzyChris
11-01-2015, 07:51 PM
I didnt read one word of anything anyone has typed in this thread other than the title, I clicked on the thread and immediately clicked respond.....my answer is yes, you got hosed! Paying a pro for alignments on a sold axle vehicle is a complete anus dilation!

WJCO
11-02-2015, 02:57 PM

I just PM'd you a couple of contacts up there. Good luck in the future. Hope it all works out.

USMMA11NC
11-02-2015, 03:44 PM
WTF, $66.86 for 2 bolts???? $46.20 for 2 washers???? Did you verify that they actually installed these outrageously overpriced bolts and washers? Did they actually show you what your caster was before and after they installed these totally useless parts that have actually made things worse?

Damn the inflated price of unobtanium >:(

But seriously, those prices are outrageous, I think making another visit to the shop is warranted.

albertmald9
11-04-2015, 07:44 AM
Wow, what a mess. This is exactly why I'm usually apprehensive about going to the dealership for anything, even for things covered under warranty. Glad you got it all worked out, though.

JeepinLife
02-25-2016, 08:31 PM
This thread is a perfect example of the awesome family thats here. Not much makes me fume more than people getting taken advantage of, especially from a dealership/shop. So happy you were able to stick up for yourself and not let someone else fall victim to these places. Thumbs up to all!