Single damper choices

10abadilla/jk

Ok I have a question on better then the other dampers. I have a 2012 wrangler sport 3in lift fox shox all around except for the damper. Damper is stock which gives it a rough ride for many reasons. O am looking to upgrade and wanted to stay with fox but the price is about 155 or so. I'm wondering if as far as performance and quality would rancho be just as good. Another question is if I go with rancho which one is the better option the common rs5000, or other models like the rs7000, rs97356. Or go with a skyjacker? Thank you for your input.

JeepJeep75

I would be interested to hear your reasons as to why the stock steering stabilizer is giving you a "rough ride" as well. There may be many other "things" associated with giving you a rough ride, but your steering stabilizer is not one of them. Do you have a drag link flip? If not, that could be one reason. How about a raised front track bar bracket to go with the drag link flip? That could be another reason. Longer front lower control arms to fix castor? That won't cause a rough ride but it'll feel "twitchy". Stock steering stabilizer though isn't gonna cause a rough ride.

10abadilla/jk

Can I just get information on a better option please. Would anyone have any experience with any of these stabilizers and would like to share thank you greatly.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I can guarantee you that it isn't your steering stabilizer giving you a rough ride. What lift are you running?

10abadilla/jk

I mine as well just say I'm looking to replace it due to larger tires which can cause more lateral shock also not having sway bars it can help absorb the wobble a bit. So I'm hoping replacing the stock one with a better performing one will be a lot better then stock. Thank you

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Can I just get information on a better option please. Would anyone have any experience with any of these stabilizers and would like to share thank you greatly.

You're not going to get to many opinions on those steering dampers as most people on here are running the stock damper as it does a very good job

WJCO

Meme King
Find out what's causing your rough ride first. I actually like a rough ride once in a while.

10abadilla/jk

Find out what's causing your rough ride first. I actually like a rough ride once in a while.

Yea that was one of the first things I did to see if the shocks were tuned to my jeep. I live next to one of denunzios. A great trophy race team. They looked at it all and said it was all good but did give me a ton of suggestions on upgrades. They pretty much told me that a "performance" damper can help with the wobble and lateral shock due to the bigger tires and lack of sway bar

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I have a Fox one on my jeep I can't complain about. But I couldn't complain about the stock one either. If you're trying to improve ride quality/handling there's other things to look at first. Why aren't you running a sway bar? Curious why you're attacking the stabilizer first? But to answer your question you won't be disappointed with any of the ones you suggested, you just may not notice any difference at all. But they will look cooler on the front of your jeep if that's what you're going for.

JeepJeep75

From the kind of lift you described, it sounds like there are some things that these lifts are typically lacking. All indications point to shitty springs and shocks, and the fact that you don't have a sway bar makes a recipe for a crappy feeling ride. Trust me, it's not your stabilizer. Seeing as how you have fox shocks though, and wanna spend extra money, get the fox stabilizer. :bleh:
Edit: not saying Fox makes crappy shocks, just probably not tuned specifically for your jeep.

Last edited:
Top Bottom