Single damper choices

10abadilla/jk

I have a Fox one on my jeep I can't complain about. But I couldn't complain about the stock one either. If you're trying to improve ride quality/handling there's other things to look at first. Why aren't you running a sway bar? Curious why you're attacking the stabilizer first? But to answer your question you won't be disappointed with any of the ones you suggested, you just may not notice any difference at all. But they will look cooler on the front of your jeep if that's what you're going for.

Not going for look at all. I took the sway bar off because we go out every weekend and run across a lot of wash board and the lack of sway bar makes the ride a lot smoother. Thank you for the info.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I think the problem is what you're asking is like saying "I have this grinding noise coming from my transfer case...what headlights should I get to fix it?" No one is trying to beat you up. Just trying to steer you in the right direction. No pun intended.

10abadilla/jk

From the kind of lift you described, it sounds like there are some things that these lifts are typically lacking. All indications point to shitty springs and shocks, and the fact that you don't have a sway bar makes a recipe for a crappy feeling ride. Trust me, it's not your stabilizer. Seeing as how you have fox shocks though, and wanna spend extra money, get the fox stabilizer. :bleh:
Edit: not saying Fox makes crappy shocks, just probably not tuned specifically for your jeep.

If the fox shoxs are shitty what would you suggest?

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Not going for look at all. I took the sway bar off because we go out every weekend and run across a lot of wash board and the lack of sway bar makes the ride a lot smoother. Thank you for the info.

To each their own. You're not having any body roll, diving or plain crappy handling?

10abadilla/jk

I think the problem is what you're asking is like saying "I have this grinding noise coming from my transfer case...what headlights should I get to fix it?" No one is trying to beat you up. Just trying to steer you in the right direction. No pun intended.

Perfect that's what I'm looking for thank you.

WJCO

Meme King
A steering stabilizer is a dampener. It will absorb and hide the symptom. It won't fix your problem. Diagnose where your issue is coming from.

10abadilla/jk

To each their own. You're not having any body roll, diving or plain crappy handling?

No not at all. I feel it drives great as far as handling. And the only body roll I get is on road hitting turns. But "speed wobble" and lateral shock is what I'm trying to secure. Just looking for the best information.

10abadilla/jk

I guess I don't have much to complain about for handling or driving. It does just find. Just looking to compensate for lateral shock. Thank you all though. I'm sticking to the stock one and investing in something else

10abadilla/jk

A steering stabilizer is a dampener. It will absorb and hide the symptom. It won't fix your problem. Diagnose where your issue is coming from.

I don't see an issue and neither has anyone else. Again just looking to compensate. Maybe I'll put the sway bar back on. Thank you.

jagrubb99

Sounds to me like you have bad ball joints, track bar bushings are shot, castor is set incorrectly with your lift, or you may need a drag link flip. Or it could be a combination of several of these

JeepJeep75

You come looking for advice and everyone is trying to help you here. Then you seem to insist that all you want to hear is "get this brand stabilizer because it costs more". It's clear that you may have other issues with your jeep, but you don't seem to be interested in exploring any other possibilities other that someone telling you to get a certain brand stabilizer. So get the Fox. It'll match your other shocks and it'll maybe for a while mask whatever other problems you don't care about like the wobble your having. Good luck....

10abadilla/jk

You come looking for advice and everyone is trying to help you here. Then you seem to insist that all you want to hear is "get this brand stabilizer because it costs more". It's clear that you may have other issues with your jeep, but you don't seem to be interested in exploring any other possibilities other that someone telling you to get a certain brand stabilizer. So get the Fox. It'll match your other shocks and it'll maybe for a while mask whatever other problems you don't care about like the wobble your having. Good luck....

Thank you for the advise. I'll look into it all.

pop2tu

Thank you for the advise. I'll look into it all.

If your suspension is set up correctly, you wont notice your steering stabilizer doing anything. I damaged mine out on a trail ride, took it off and I couldn't get to part store for 2 weeks. used my Jeep to go back and forth to work (150 miles round trip, 4 days a week) I never noticed any handling problems at all. I bought a Bilstein one because I got it cheaper than a stock one. so look at everything else before spending money on something that wont do anything for your jeep.

Top Bottom