Single damper choices

10abadilla/jk

If your suspension is set up correctly, you wont notice your steering stabilizer doing anything. I damaged mine out on a trail ride, took it off and I couldn't get to part store for 2 weeks. used my Jeep to go back and forth to work (150 miles round trip, 4 days a week) I never noticed any handling problems at all. I bought a Bilstein one because I got it cheaper than a stock one. so look at everything else before spending money on something that wont do anything for your jeep.

Will do Thank you

boardsurfer

You keep mentioning lateral shock - which sounds like what I would call bump-steer. I had this issue with my steering wheel jumping around whenever I hit a bump on the road. Does that sound accurate? If so, I fixed mine with a drag link flip kit from Evo. I also have a blistein steering stabilizer which does the job just fine. As others have mentioned, if you put a high dollar heavy-duty damper on there, you're only masking the problem.

10abadilla/jk

You keep mentioning lateral shock - which sounds like what I would call bump-steer. I had this issue with my steering wheel jumping around whenever I hit a bump on the road. Does that sound accurate? If so, I fixed mine with a drag link flip kit from Evo. I also have a blistein steering stabilizer which does the job just fine. As others have mentioned, if you put a high dollar heavy-duty damper on there, you're only masking the problem.

Yea that sounds accurate. Only on bumps on the road but nothing tremendous. I can definitely live with it for now but I'll definitely look into that and invest in that First. Thank you.

10abadilla/jk

I just looked I actually have one in it. An adjustable one.

10abadilla/jk

Maybe these pictures will help me get more information

Attachments

• 1465074501630.jpg
    1465074501630.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 1465074519836.jpg
    1465074519836.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 78

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Ok awesome. Thank you so much for your help. I am definitely going to invest a lot more money into the front end. Thank you again

Why? Not trying to be a dick but you clearly don't know what you're talking about so trying learning about how your suspension works and what it is before throwing cash at it.

I'm starting to think your problem is that the tyre pressure is much too high. What size tyre and what pressure you running?

10abadilla/jk

Why??? Because I can put my money where ever the Fuck I want to put it. And I am on here asking questions hoping for enthusiastic jeep owners to help me out as build the jeep. Yes I have a lot to learn about a jeep. That's why I am on here trying to be apart of a community that is willing to help rather then judge. But thank you for the advise I'll continue to throw as much money into it as I feel needed. Maybe then one day it will be a bad ass build and if not at least I had fun doing it

boardsurfer

Just to be super clear - on the far left of both of these pictures you can see the drag link mounted to the knuckle. Notice on yours it is on the bottom, and on Cozdudes pic its on the top. That's a drag link flip. This is what calmed my steering tremendously. ( I also have a 3" lift)

1465074519836.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465075265.805712.jpg

And the tire pressure might sound completely unrelated, but you would be surprised. Set it to 28-30psi and that should mellow out some bumps for you.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Why??? Because I can put my money where ever the Fuck I want to put it. And I am on here asking questions hoping for enthusiastic jeep owners to help me out as build the jeep. Yes I have a lot to learn about a jeep. That's why I am on here trying to be apart of a community that is willing to help rather then judge. But thank you for the advise I'll continue to throw as much money into it as I feel needed. Maybe then one day it will be a bad ass build and if not at least I had fun doing it

Keep your panties on princess! You can do whatever you want with your money but if you don't know what you're buying or why that's fucking retarded. Might as well just throw it in the street

You've made it perfectly clear in a few threads now that you don't want advice you just want the approval of others that your right. You're not going to get that here.

Now did you check your tyre pressures princess?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Are you liquid for 100k?

10abadilla/jk

Just to be super clear - on the far left of both of these pictures you can see the drag link mounted to the knuckle. Notice on yours it is on the bottom, and on Cozdudes pic its on the top. That's a drag link flip. This is what calmed my steering tremendously. ( I also have a 3" lift)

View attachment 206721

View attachment 206722

And the tire pressure might sound completely unrelated, but you would be surprised. Set it to 28-30psi and that should mellow out some bumps for you.

Thank you so much I'll try the tire pressure. Right now it's at 32

Ctimrun

I can't believe nobody has recommended it yet, but I know exactly what will fix your issue.........

A steering attenuator!

Boom, pow

10abadilla/jk

Keep your panties on princess! You can do whatever you want with your money but if you don't know what you're buying or why that's fucking retarded. Might as well just throw it in the street

You've made it perfectly clear in a few threads now that you don't want advice you just want the approval of others that your right. You're not going to get that here.

Now did you check your tyre pressures princess?

Then don't ask why? I have yet once try to say I don't want advice nor am I looking for approval. Yet people like you Just throw crude comments out there without once being helpful. Rather then either ignoring the thread or just giving progressive advice. People like you Just want to be the know it all and bag on people like who who want to learn and advance. So there for to make yourself feel awesome you go around talking shit. Must feel real tuff behind that keyboard. Every thread I have posted is for advice and the first thing you do is attack me. That's fine with me because I can go on and on with this and every other thread just as long as you can. So please continue to throw any "advice" you feel needed. I look forward to replying.

10abadilla/jk

View attachment 206721

View attachment 206722

I will try the drag link flip. Its worth a shot for me.

thardy

Banned
Then don't ask why? I have yet once try to say I don't want advice nor am I looking for approval. Yet people like you Just throw crude comments out there without once being helpful. Rather then either ignoring the thread or just giving progressive advice. People like you Just want to be the know it all and bag on people like who who want to learn and advance. So there for to make yourself feel awesome you go around talking shit. Must feel real tuff behind that keyboard. Every thread I have posted is for advice and the first thing you do is attack me. That's fine with me because I can go on and on with this and every other thread just as long as you can. So please continue to throw any "advice" you feel needed. I look forward to replying.

Pretty sure he gave you the advice to hold off on spending more money before learning about what you need. :thinking:

Top Bottom