PDA

View Full Version : MOAB - FORK YEAH : Poison Spider Mesa / Gold Bar Rim / Golden Spike [Part 3 of 3]

wayoflife
08-15-2016, 12:58 AM
Because there really is so much more to see and do in a place like Moab than just go wheeling everyday, Part 3 of MOAB - FORK YEAH, a WAYALIFE Epic Trex Adventure starts with a hike we did up to the Delicate Arch in Arches National Monument. From there, we headed out to the Poison Spider Mesa where we played on the massive slick rock fins and domes and even visited the grave of a young pioneer named, Mary Jane Francis. To wrap up a perfect week out in the promised land, we did a final run up on the Gold Bar Rim and Golden Spike Trail and took on obstacles such as the Undercut Ledge, Improbable Hill, The Slide, Golden Staircase, the Golden Crack and the Double Whammy. This is the final part in a 3 part series and we sincerely hope you enjoy it. If you have a moment afterwards, we'd be grateful if you could please let us know what you thought about it and the whole series. Thank you for watching.

A BIG THANKS needs to go out to our good friend Jeff Hoffman (HoneyBadger) for helping us make MOAB - FORK YEAH possible. A lot of the footage you see was filmed and generously provided to us by him and this series simply wouldn't have been possible to make without it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUgaVLMCb_A&feature=youtu.be

If you haven't already seen it or would just like a recap of the previous episodes, simply click on the links below to see Part 1 and 2 now:
MOAB - FORK YEAH / Part 1 (http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?37439-MOAB-FORK-YEAH-a-WAYALIFE-Epic-Trex-Adventure-Part-1-Flat-Iron-Mesa-Jeep-Trail)
MOAB - FORK YEAH / Part 2 (http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?37751-MOAB-FORK-YEAH-a-WAYALIFE-Epic-Trex-Adventure-Part-2-Cliffhanger)

WIN A PAIR OF WAYALIFE SHOT GLASSES!!To help celebrate the release of Part 3 : MOAB - FORK YEAH, Cindy and I will be giving away a pair of WAYALIFE shot glasses and if you'd like a chance to WIN them, all you have to do is post up a response, here on this thread and let us know what you think of it. A WINNER will be selected at random and announced on Sunday, August 21th. You will not have to be online to win. Thank you for watching and good luck to you!

http://project-jk.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=454124&g2_serialNumber=1

UPDATE 08/21/16 : Selected completely at random, the WAYALIFE shot glasses WINNER is...

Very well done! Thank you for producing these great videos!

Congratulations Breer! :thumb:

WAYALIFE EPIC TREX ADVENTURES (http://wayalife.com/forumdisplay.php?81-WAYALIFE-Epic-Trex-Adventure-Videos) are off-road films created by Cindy and I. We have been responsible for producing the JK-Experience (also known as the JKX) video series "KEEP IT TIGHT" which was made in 2011, the 2012 series "HEARTLAND", the 2013 series "WILD WILD WEST" and the 2014 "PACIFIC NORTHWEST". We have also produced the 3 Part RUBICON video series, the 6 Part MOAB - Pilgrimage to the Promised Land series, DUSY, BEDEVILED and SNAKE EYES. We are NOT paid professionals who have been hired to film events but rather, we are amateurs who simply enjoy sharing what we do and love. Our films are produced and paid for entirely by us and we receive absolutely NO funding from manufacturers or vendors to help subsidize our work.

MattAlpha
08-15-2016, 01:20 AM
Simply an awesome series! Thank you for sharing!

highoctane
08-15-2016, 01:24 AM
Nice! Boarding the flight out of Baghdad in a few hours to come home. Glad I can watch it before I leave!

scull20
08-15-2016, 01:27 AM
An excellent conclusion to the series, and a fantastic production overall as always!

rogerk93
08-15-2016, 01:27 AM
I always enjoy watching your videos. It shows you how the jeep lifestyle is more than just building a rig but making memories like no other.

wayoflife
08-15-2016, 01:32 AM
Simply an awesome series! Thank you for sharing!

We're so glad that you've enjoyed the series :cool:

Nice! Boarding the flight out of Baghdad in a few hours to come home. Glad I can watch it before I leave!

Awesome! Have a safe flight home. :thumb:

An excellent conclusion to the series, and a fantastic production overall as always!

Thank you, we're so glad you liked it :)

I always enjoy watching your videos. It shows you how the jeep lifestyle is more than just building a rig but making memories like no other.

Well, for us, all this is definitely more than just about Jeeps and driving over stuff - it really is a WAYALIFE :yup:

metalic
08-15-2016, 01:32 AM
Watching now and jealous as always

Breer
08-15-2016, 01:33 AM

RockyJk
08-15-2016, 01:35 AM
That was an awesome video!

Idk who's air time was better Mel in this video or Ray this year? haha

USMC Wrangler
08-15-2016, 01:35 AM
Can't wait to watch it when I get home from work tonight!!!

Edit - The JKO scene is priceless! [emoji23]

QuicksilverJK
08-15-2016, 01:37 AM
Great Video as always :clap2: Moab is a goal of mine, hopefully in a year or two i can swing it. The scenery there is amazing.

wayoflife
08-15-2016, 01:38 AM
Watching now and jealous as always

Awesome, I hope you enjoy it :cool:

Thanks! We're so glad you liked it :D

That was an awesome video!

Idk who's air time was better Mel in this video or Ray this year? haha

LOL!! Having seen both in person, I'd have to say Ray. There was way more at stake :crazyeyes:

Can't wait to watch it when I get home from work tonight!!!

I hope you enjoy it :yup:

dchotrod
08-15-2016, 01:38 AM
With every one of these we watch, we get a little bit closer to heading over that way to explore! Thank you guys for sharing your passion & talents.

wayoflife
08-15-2016, 01:42 AM
Great Video as always :clap2: Moab is a goal of mine, hopefully in a year or two i can swing it. The scenery there is amazing.

Definitely a place you want to get out to at least once in your life. The scenery really is unreal out there :yup:

With every one of these we watch, we get a little bit closer to heading over that way to explore! Thank you guys for sharing your passion & talents.

Awesome, it really is a place you need to get out to :cool:

mcpuck
08-15-2016, 01:48 AM
That JKO guy at the crack … hahaha that was funny! :shock: We have been so fortunate in life to go on adventures with our Wayalife family. We have done 4 Moab runs with this great group of friends so far. This past year was the most fun one yet. This series was from our first Moab run with you guys and we really didn’t know what we were in for. Heck, when Eddie first asked me if I wanted to join them on this run I was so new to the Wayalife I didn’t even know what or where Moab was! This was one hell of a fun trip and we enjoyed reliving the dream thru this series. After 4 annual runs to the “Promised Land” I have to say Cliffhanger is still my favorite trail. Thank you Eddie and Cindy for all that you do. And if you are looking for that forkin’ culprit, I would have to point you towards Nick. :thinking:

OJK12
08-15-2016, 01:49 AM
Awesome, just awesome! I don't think you guys know how to make a bad video! Can't wait for your next project!!

WJCO
08-15-2016, 01:54 AM
Awesome video!

TrainWreck618
08-15-2016, 01:54 AM
What a great video! Your inthusiastic fan was straight up filmin with a flip phone.. Lol

512_JKU
08-15-2016, 02:05 AM
This video, just like all the others, was amazing. :clap2::clap2: Thumbs way up! :thumb:

RMC2
08-15-2016, 02:07 AM
Getting ready to watch. Excited.

jkbarnett
08-15-2016, 02:07 AM
Another great video with fantastic scenery and lots of fun jeeping. I under estimated the video length, thanks for the extra 5 minutes. Made me miss Moab and jeepin there. Good on the 2dr JK, think I only saw one.

gheller
08-15-2016, 02:24 AM
This is all new to me, and so needless to say I'm in awe. Amazing scenery, Jeeps and camaraderie.
Very enjoyable three part series, thanks for bringing it home.

SoCal_JK
08-15-2016, 02:27 AM
Great video. It's hard to explain just how magical Moab and the Jeeping community is, your video does that and more. Makes me miss Moab. Cool seeing my boss Jim come thru for you guys.

White_JKU
08-15-2016, 02:27 AM
awesome video as always!!!!! cant wait for the next one!

Gadget
08-15-2016, 02:44 AM
My daughter and I love the videos you produce, well she's actually my step daughter but I think of her as my own. She was 21 and in college when I met her mom so we never really bonded until I got my JK , she has one of her own, and we started watching your videos. Now we're like dad taking his little girl to see Cinderella every time a new one comes out. Thank you, Jeff and Chrissy.

Ken007
08-15-2016, 02:45 AM
You guys did it again, great video!!! As always thanks for all you do!!! :honey::honey::honey::honey: out of :honey::honey::honey::honey:

thardy
08-15-2016, 02:45 AM
Another awesome video to cap off a great series, documenting another epic trip. It's definitely a trip that will made in the near future!

Boat Guy
08-15-2016, 02:51 AM
Cool man. Great presentation as always.

wayoflife
08-15-2016, 02:55 AM
That JKO guy at the crack … hahaha that was funny! :shock: We have been so fortunate in life to go on adventures with our Wayalife family. We have done 4 Moab runs with this great group of friends so far. This past year was the most fun one yet. This series was from our first Moab run with you guys and we really didn’t know what we were in for. Heck, when Eddie first asked me if I wanted to join them on this run I was so new to the Wayalife I didn’t even know what or where Moab was! This was one hell of a fun trip and we enjoyed reliving the dream thru this series. After 4 annual runs to the “Promised Land” I have to say Cliffhanger is still my favorite trail. Thank you Eddie and Cindy for all that you do. And if you are looking for that forkin’ culprit, I would have to point you towards Nick. :thinking:

Been awesome having you and Lori join us on these adventures with us. As far as our enthusiastic fan goes, gotta love how he didn't even thank us for helping him out :cheesy:

Awesome, just awesome! I don't think you guys know how to make a bad video! Can't wait for your next project!!

Thank you, we really do appreciate it :)

Awesome video!

Thanks! We're glad you liked it :)

What a great video! Your inthusiastic fan was straight up filmin with a flip phone.. Lol

LOL!! Seriously! Sure, the footage was from a while back but not as far back as his phone. :crazyeyes:

This video, just like all the others, was amazing. :clap2::clap2: Thumbs way up! :thumb:

Thank you :cool:

Getting ready to watch. Excited.

I hope you enjoy it :yup:

wayoflife
08-15-2016, 02:58 AM
Another great video with fantastic scenery and lots of fun jeeping. I under estimated the video length, thanks for the extra 5 minutes. Made me miss Moab and jeepin there. Good on the 2dr JK, think I only saw one.

LOL!! Glad to hear you enjoyed the longer video :cool:

This is all new to me, and so needless to say I'm in awe. Amazing scenery, Jeeps and camaraderie.
Very enjoyable three part series, thanks for bringing it home.

Glad you enjoyed it and the camaraderie goes without saying. This wasn't some kind of "event" that people came out to attended - everyone you saw were our friends. :yup:

Great video. It's hard to explain just how magical Moab and the Jeeping community is, your video does that and more. Makes me miss Moab. Cool seeing my boss Jim come thru for you guys.

LOL!! Jim is the best and I'm proud to call him a close friend :yup:

awesome video as always!!!!! cant wait for the next one!

Well, we'll get working on one as soon as we can. :yup:

My daughter and I love the videos you produce, well she's actually my step daughter but I think of her as my own. She was 21 and in college when I met her mom so we never really bonded until I got my JK , she has one of her own, and we started watching your videos. Now we're like dad taking his little girl to see Cinderella every time a new one comes out. Thank you, Jeff and Chrissy.

That's awesome! Glad the two of you can enjoy our videos together :cool:

You guys did it again, great video!!! As always thanks for all you do!!! :honey::honey::honey::honey: out of :honey::honey::honey::honey:

Thanks! Glad you enjoy what we do :yup:

wayoflife
08-15-2016, 02:59 AM
Another awesome video to cap off a great series, documenting another epic trip. It's definitely a trip that will made in the near future!

Glad you enjoyed the conclusion to our series and I do hope you can make it out some time in the near future.

Cool man. Great presentation as always.

Judesign
08-15-2016, 03:00 AM
Another great one Eddie. What's great is Is my fiancé is so into it now too she watched the whole thing with me on the big screen and can't wait to see Moab now. Thanks again for making these!

JK07
08-15-2016, 03:15 AM
Another great series of videos! Thanks for sharing!

Strike Force Zebra
08-15-2016, 03:16 AM
Awesome as always!!! Great three part series. Eddie and Cindy tell the story so well, and after all, it is a Wayalife for them. Looks like a great time had by all!

Big_Stazy
08-15-2016, 03:16 AM
Wayalife videos always set the bar high. Enjoy them more than words can express! I have watched part 1 & 2 probably 6 times each and then watched all in order tonight. The only thing they are missing is me getting the honor to join you all...lol With that said what's the update on Moby? If this was already asked/answered my apologies.

Put a FORK in me I'm going to bed!

Lance628
08-15-2016, 03:23 AM
Yet another awesome film, great work those trips look like a lot of fun I hope to get out there for one one day

jeeeep
08-15-2016, 03:23 AM
another excellent chapter!

I give you the Warren Miller thumbs up! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I'm hoping to get another trip to Moab before the snow flies

CarolinaJK
08-15-2016, 03:24 AM
Such an awesome video! Y'all are so great at what you do! As always, thanks for sharing your adventures with us!

Dirtrider....
08-15-2016, 03:28 AM
amazing video. Fork yeah!! I can't wait to explore Moab next.

Gadget
08-15-2016, 03:28 AM
Two questions: who was the JKO guy and which jeep was Mel driving this time?

ramin
08-15-2016, 03:30 AM
Yet another fine example of fine work you and Cindy put your heart and soul into. Thank for posting and bringing back some wonderful memories.
It's a Wayalife [emoji4][emoji106]
Cheers

Strike Force Zebra
08-15-2016, 03:31 AM

That's the early EVO1.

MTG
08-15-2016, 03:33 AM
Loved it! Another great film. :thumb: Love the JKO guy needing a tug. LOL!

We need to make this trip next year. :yup:

MTG
08-15-2016, 03:34 AM

That's EVO 1.

rubic0n
08-15-2016, 03:43 AM
Really nice video. I enjoyed seeing the Jeeping, as well as watching the camaraderie. Good cinematography and narration. Well done!:beer:

Moochie
08-15-2016, 03:45 AM
Loved it! As the years go by it's awesome to be able to re-live these adventures done with good friends. So many great memories! Thank you both for all the hours you put into making these videos. :)

JeepJeep75
08-15-2016, 03:56 AM
Sweet video guys!!! My wife and I will be in Moab in 6 weeks! Can't hardly wait!!!!!!!

Trail JK
08-15-2016, 04:05 AM
Fantastic video!! You and Cindy are so talented! It is an awesome treat to have our fun memories preserved in your videos. Thank so much for all you do to make this community the best! You guys rock!!

Jimmypaget
08-15-2016, 04:09 AM
Great footage. Good to see that there was only one casualty

chester
08-15-2016, 04:12 AM
As always. Awesome video. Thank you for sharing.

DannyD
08-15-2016, 04:13 AM
Another amazing video thanks for sharing!!

Sharkey
08-15-2016, 04:26 AM
Fantastic as always. Nicely done.

bthomas
08-15-2016, 04:30 AM
Nice work as always, thanks for sharing!

dwvninety
08-15-2016, 04:33 AM
Another awesome video. Can't wait to someday participate in one of your adventures.

benatc1
08-15-2016, 04:35 AM
awesome video and wonderful series, watching them after spending time with you guys and new friends on the trail brings back some great memories. truly a pleasure to watch your vids! thank you!

jkbarnett
08-15-2016, 04:46 AM
It's pretty nice to have Jim of Dynatrac deliver parts for your mishap. I've meet him several times and is a stand up guy with a great company.

mcw*402
08-15-2016, 04:55 AM
Another awesome video!!!

BamBamDeer
08-15-2016, 04:59 AM
Wow! Great Video... Super Job! Good Friends having a Great Time.....thanks for sharing!

Jkratt
08-15-2016, 05:11 AM
Another great video to a perfect series. It is amazing what a group of people can accomplish when things break. My jeep would have left there as spare parts as I would have no way of getting out. Each of these videos has cost me more money. I don't even think I have any more pockets to empty. Great video production. Thanks.

303DAILY
08-15-2016, 05:18 AM
Awesome video as usual, when was this filmed?

Jk_nate
08-15-2016, 05:23 AM
Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! I'm in Moab right now and we are staying in the same neighborhood y'all did.

SilverBack
08-15-2016, 07:30 AM
Awesome video! I have to say that I watch these over and over again. My wife and I introduced them to some friends from Austria and they are now looking into the jeeping WAYALIFE! Great job and Thank you!

tiecka533
08-15-2016, 08:26 AM
Beautiful scenery enjoyed every minute of your video.

dcbjk
08-15-2016, 09:11 AM
Amazing Part 3 loved the arch hike very beautiful scenery Thank you Eddie and Cindy

MR.Ty
08-15-2016, 11:26 AM
Another great video to end another fantastic series! :thumb:

HoosierWolf
08-15-2016, 11:39 AM
Great video! Thank you for sharing these with all of us.:thumb:

When was this filmed?

Plan to watch all three videos in a row on the TV today :)

Exodus Jeeps
08-15-2016, 01:17 PM
Awesome video guys! Can't wait to get out there next year and run some of the same stuff!

Blueknight7777
08-15-2016, 01:40 PM
This is an amazing video of the Moab experience. Now that we've see it, we have to go there too and try out our Jeeps. The scenery looks like it is from another world away. Thanks for a really great video of Moab off roading and the Arches National Park.

jkruiser
08-15-2016, 01:41 PM
Another epic video! Thanks for sharing!

Overland_stormtrooper
08-15-2016, 01:58 PM
flippin awesome ... just got home form a lousy work night and watched ya'll runnin trails and enjoyin the way of life we all hold so dear it got me into a better mood .....:clap2::wings:

wayoflife
08-15-2016, 01:58 PM
Another great one Eddie. What's great is Is my fiancé is so into it now too she watched the whole thing with me on the big screen and can't wait to see Moab now. Thanks again for making these!

LOL!! That is so cool that you're fiance enjoys our videos too. :cool:

Another great series of videos! Thanks for sharing!

Yet another awesome film, great work those trips look like a lot of fun I hope to get out there for one one day

Such an awesome video! Y'all are so great at what you do! As always, thanks for sharing your adventures with us!

amazing video. Fork yeah!! I can't wait to explore Moab next.

Thanks guys, we're so glad you enjoyed it :cool:

Awesome as always!!! Great three part series. Eddie and Cindy tell the story so well, and after all, it is a Wayalife for them. Looks like a great time had by all!

Wayalife videos always set the bar high. Enjoy them more than words can express! I have watched part 1 & 2 probably 6 times each and then watched all in order tonight. The only thing they are missing is me getting the honor to join you all...lol With that said what's the update on Moby? If this was already asked/answered my apologies.

Put a FORK in me I'm going to bed!

Wow, we're so glad to hear you enjoy our videos enough to re-watch them and more than once. :blush:
This video series was made from footage that we filmed a few years back. The Moby you see in it is back before all our current upgrades.

another excellent chapter!

I give you the Warren Miller thumbs up! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I'm hoping to get another trip to Moab before the snow flies

THANK YOU, we're so truly flattered with the Warren Miller :thumb:

Don't have a clue as to who the guy was. Never even took the time to say thank you.
Mel was in EVO 1 after it went from silver to black. Of course, it's seen several different colors since then too.

wayoflife
08-15-2016, 02:04 PM
Yet another fine example of fine work you and Cindy put your heart and soul into. Thank for posting and bringing back some wonderful memories.
It's a Wayalife [emoji4][emoji106]
Cheers

Thanks Ray, we really need to get you back out there with us again :thumb:

Loved it! Another great film. :thumb: Love the JKO guy needing a tug. LOL!

We need to make this trip next year. :yup:

Well, you know what they always say, they'll "see me out on the trail!" In this case, he really did :crazyeyes:

Really nice video. I enjoyed seeing the Jeeping, as well as watching the camaraderie. Good cinematography and narration. Well done!:beer:

Thank you, we really do appreciate it. :yup:

Loved it! As the years go by it's awesome to be able to re-live these adventures done with good friends. So many great memories! Thank you both for all the hours you put into making these videos. :)

Good times for sure and it's always fun to document them. Glad you were able to be a part of this adventure :yup:

Sweet video guys!!! My wife and I will be in Moab in 6 weeks! Can't hardly wait!!!!!!!

Thank you and enjoy your time there!

Fantastic video!! You and Cindy are so talented! It is an awesome treat to have our fun memories preserved in your videos. Thank so much for all you do to make this community the best! You guys rock!!

Thank you, we're so glad that you can enjoy seeing some of the fun we have with our friends. :cool:

Great footage. Good to see that there was only one casualty

Oh yeah, thanks to our good friends, all was good. :yup:

As always. Awesome video. Thank you for sharing.

Another amazing video thanks for sharing!!

Fantastic as always. Nicely done.

Nice work as always, thanks for sharing!

Thanks guys, we really do appreciate it :cool:

Linebacker
08-15-2016, 02:06 PM
Another epic Moab adventure! Enjoyed every second.:thumb::thumb:

wayoflife
08-15-2016, 02:13 PM
Another awesome video. Can't wait to someday participate in one of your adventures.

Glad you enjoyed it and I do hope you are able to join us out on the trail someday.

awesome video and wonderful series, watching them after spending time with you guys and new friends on the trail brings back some great memories. truly a pleasure to watch your vids! thank you!

Thanks Ben, I can't wait to get back out on the trail with you and Alex :yup:

It's pretty nice to have Jim of Dynatrac deliver parts for your mishap. I've meet him several times and is a stand up guy with a great company.

LOL!! You're telling me! It was far more than I would have ever asked or hoped for but Jim is a good friend of ours and he's just that kind of guy. :yup:

Another awesome video!!!

Wow! Great Video... Super Job! Good Friends having a Great Time.....thanks for sharing!

Beautiful scenery enjoyed every minute of your video.

Another great video to end another fantastic series! :thumb:

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! I'm in Moab right now and we are staying in the same neighborhood y'all did.

Thank you!

Another great video to a perfect series. It is amazing what a group of people can accomplish when things break. My jeep would have left there as spare parts as I would have no way of getting out. Each of these videos has cost me more money. I don't even think I have any more pockets to empty. Great video production. Thanks.

LOL!! Thank you and we're sorry for putting a dent in your wallet :D

Awesome video as usual, when was this filmed?

Great video! Thank you for sharing these with all of us.:thumb:

When was this filmed?

Plan to watch all three videos in a row on the TV today :)

This was filmed a few years back. It was a project that we had started then but had to shelve in order to work on events we had been attending. We've always wanted to finish it being that we thought the story was so good and so, we dug it out of the archives to do just that.

Awesome video! I have to say that I watch these over and over again. My wife and I introduced them to some friends from Austria and they are now looking into the jeeping WAYALIFE! Great job and Thank you!

Thank you, we're so glad you think they're worthy of watching again :cool:

Amazing Part 3 loved the arch hike very beautiful scenery Thank you Eddie and Cindy

We're so glad that you enjoyed our hike! We weren't sure if there would be folks on here that would appreciate seeing other aspects of our WAYALIFE :yup:

Awesome video guys! Can't wait to get out there next year and run some of the same stuff!

You're gonna love it :thumb:

wayoflife
08-15-2016, 02:17 PM
This is an amazing video of the Moab experience. Now that we've see it, we have to go there too and try out our Jeeps. The scenery looks like it is from another world away. Thanks for a really great video of Moab off roading and the Arches National Park.

It's more than just an experience - for us, it's a WAYALIFE! :D

Another epic video! Thanks for sharing!

So glad that you liked it :yup:

flippin awesome ... just got home form a lousy work night and watched ya'll runnin trails and enjoyin the way of life we all hold so dear it got me into a better mood .....:clap2::wings:

LOL!! I am sorry to hear you had a rough night but glad to hear the video helped out :cool:

Another epic Moab adventure! Enjoyed every second.:thumb::thumb:

Thank you, we're glad you enjoyed it :yup:

Trail Bud
08-15-2016, 02:17 PM
Fun video!!
Brings back good memories!
Nice job.

Mike_JK_Houston_711
08-15-2016, 02:21 PM
Awesome video as always! Sucks about the break at the end, but oh well shit happens. Can't wait to get out there next year. Texas WAL'ers planning a trip for Sept 2017!

Sheaffadelic
08-15-2016, 02:23 PM
Awesome video as always! I cant wait to eventually make it out to Moab!

iRonin
08-15-2016, 02:39 PM
This series makes me so jazzed to get out to Moab after all the work put in. Can't wait to run the trails all the greats ran before me!

NevadaZielmeister
08-15-2016, 03:02 PM
My awesome wife, who is new to the forum (trig_gerhippie) and is starting to watch the videos, mentioned she wanted to watch. So I started Part 3 of this series and she says, wait, there's parts 1 and 2? So we watched the entire series in one sitting. She liked the videos despite not really being into Jeeping that much.

I always make the mistake to assume that Moby ALWAYS had a ProRock 80 from Dynatrac. I am so happy to have learned the story behind the ProRock 80 and about the ProRock 60 breakage. Maybe the semi-float design contributed to its break. While I probably don't need a Full Float design on my ProRock 60 running 37's, I am still glad I did when I see this video. Again, the whole forum has been so helpful to so many by learning from other people's mistakes.

As for Jim with Dynatrac, who PERSONALLY drove the new rear axle up, showed how my decision to go with Dynatrac axles was a proper one. What a great company run by a really great person. Dynatrac for the win for sure!!

Thank you for sharing these videos Eddie and Cindy. You both work so hard to make these happen, something I have seen first hand during our Rubicon run. Those cameras were everywhere. The thing is, that is just the easy part. Editing must take hundreds of hours. For people who have never edited, take notice, it is a monument to what these two achieve. There simply is no comparison from other Jeep related videos. They are not even close to what you both produce. Thank you.

BLCK4X4
08-15-2016, 03:09 PM
This video is way cool!!! I can't wait to come out next year!!![emoji109]🏼

JeepBos
08-15-2016, 03:33 PM
Another great adventure that I will add to my retirement bucket list starting in a few years. The mid-west is fun, looking forward to a westward adventure!:thumb:

blacker1
08-15-2016, 03:45 PM
Very cool and as always, very well done. You guys have some of the best photos and videos of Jeep adventures that I've ever seen!

Stick
08-15-2016, 04:24 PM
Wow, I think this is the first video I've seen where Moby has a breakdown. Great video as always and thanks for sharing the adventures with us.

GraniteCrystal
08-15-2016, 04:46 PM
Awesome job guys. One of my favs. Great series. Love seeing you swap out an axle tube on the trail. Those are some good friends.

dcbjk
08-15-2016, 05:37 PM
We're so glad that you enjoyed our hike! We weren't sure if there would be folks on here that would appreciate seeing other aspects of our WAYALIFE :yup:

Yea man like you said there's more to MOAB than wheeling there's the scenic rides and your very true on that

JAGS
08-15-2016, 05:41 PM
I wasn't there, but it sure seemed like I was. Great video and good see everyone having fun.

You always seem to capture the essence of these trips, which is really just about the camaraderie and friendships strengthened while enjoying a great hobby.

So, when's the next vid project. Lol. [emoji6]

Strainger
08-15-2016, 05:45 PM
Great series. I got sweaty palms at a couple of places and I was behind a computer, not the driver's steering wheel. Always good to see the fun and comraderies that grow from these adventures too. It really is a Wayalife.

WJCO
08-15-2016, 05:46 PM
I wasn't there, but it sure seemed like I was. Great video and good see everyone having fun.

You were there, you just don't remember it.

JAGS
08-15-2016, 05:54 PM
You were there, you just don't remember it.

Lol. This was a year or two before my time. Seeing these types of videos and becoming friends with Eddie and Cindy, and so many others here, is the reason I am part of the Wayalife.

PROJKUR
08-15-2016, 05:58 PM
Awesome!! I love watching these videos. Thanks for sharing with us! :beer:

Strainger's Heart
08-15-2016, 05:59 PM
AWESOME! You never cease to amaze me on how well your videos turn out. Seeing the broken axle on the double whammy, I was glad I got to see Cindy make it up successfully this year. :clap2:
Fantastic! :yup:

DINKELROC
08-15-2016, 06:01 PM
Another great video you guys, I hope to join the festivities some day! Thanks for sharing :thumb:

Texas Nick
08-15-2016, 06:48 PM
I cant believe yall never figured out who was doing the forking lol

Recurve
08-15-2016, 07:04 PM
Mel launching evo 1 off the base of that rock was pretty epic.
Oh , an the video was epic too lol

OSV
08-15-2016, 08:45 PM
this was maybe the best video of the series, well done! in part one, i was skeptical about the whole fork thing, where was it going? but watching a bewildered trail bud looking out his front door at a bunch of forks stuck in his yard really brought it home this time, lol :clap2:

shooting video is technically much easier now than when i did it back in the 90's, but the basics of storytelling haven't changed, and i think that you guys are doing a great job of putting this stuff together.

decent cutaways to keep the credit roll interesting, great reaction shots of people, and the little things like that angle where someone(cindy?) was standing in the crack to get those tire shots at eye level, can really make a production.

people notice the big stuff of course, like mel getting up on one tire :eek: but it's the script that can make or break a production, and that was done well here as well, the narrated summary of each trail for instance.

another angle that i liked in these recent wayalife vids was cindy getting behind the wheel; i've seen lady drivers at the drag strip mow down a field of 30 guys like it was nothing, and watching cindy charge those big obstacles kinda brings those old memories back for me.

thanks for posting these videos!

swampdog
08-15-2016, 09:53 PM
Yet again, another great video. Mel launching that rig was insane. Thanks for putting this together and sharing with us all!

TRLJNKY
08-15-2016, 10:19 PM
Awesome video! Looks like you all had a blast as always! Thx for sharing the journey!

Clifford33
08-15-2016, 10:22 PM
What another awesome video Eddie and Cindy! Great job was worth the wait. [emoji106]🏼🤗[emoji4]

RMC2
08-15-2016, 10:30 PM
I truly enjoy watching your "amateur" videos. This is another great video and was fun to watch last night.

Keep it up. Fork Yeah!

JungerJk
08-15-2016, 10:31 PM
Another great video series. Thanks for sharing the trip and historical info!

boardsurfer
08-16-2016, 12:26 AM
I mean, if you're going to break an axle shaft in the middle of nowhere, is there anyone you would rather have with you than Mel Wade and Jim McGean?? :thumb:

Amazing video Eddie and Cindy. Thank you very much for making that. :clap2:

Daro
08-16-2016, 01:47 AM
Great video and amazing scenery

Sporadic
08-16-2016, 02:17 AM
Eddie and Cindy,
I've really enjoyed watching your WAL video's, old and new. They always seem to motivate me more and more to look for new trail adventures. Wish we had rocks in the south east (grins). Thanks for the inspiration to get out and wheel and the opportunity to be a part of your forum.

thardy
08-16-2016, 02:19 AM
Wish we had rocks in the south east (grins).

We do! Just got to get out with us some more!

Sporadic
08-16-2016, 02:28 AM
Yeah, I do Trevor. Went out with the family a few weeks ago - tray mountain. Yawn...but better than doing the 'norm'.

wayoflife
08-16-2016, 02:30 AM
Fun video!!
Brings back good memories!
Nice job.

It was great to have you along for that one. Good times for sure :thumb:

Awesome video as always! Sucks about the break at the end, but oh well shit happens. Can't wait to get out there next year. Texas WAL'ers planning a trip for Sept 2017!

Yep, when you dance with the devil long enough, you're bound to get burned.

Awesome video as always! I cant wait to eventually make it out to Moab!

This series makes me so jazzed to get out to Moab after all the work put in. Can't wait to run the trails all the greats ran before me!

This video is way cool!!! I can't wait to come out next year!!![emoji109]

Another great adventure that I will add to my retirement bucket list starting in a few years. The mid-west is fun, looking forward to a westward adventure!:thumb:

So glad you guys enjoyed it :cool:

My awesome wife, who is new to the forum (trig_gerhippie) and is starting to watch the videos, mentioned she wanted to watch. So I started Part 3 of this series and she says, wait, there's parts 1 and 2? So we watched the entire series in one sitting. She liked the videos despite not really being into Jeeping that much.

I always make the mistake to assume that Moby ALWAYS had a ProRock 80 from Dynatrac. I am so happy to have learned the story behind the ProRock 80 and about the ProRock 60 breakage. Maybe the semi-float design contributed to its break. While I probably don't need a Full Float design on my ProRock 60 running 37's, I am still glad I did when I see this video. Again, the whole forum has been so helpful to so many by learning from other people's mistakes.

As for Jim with Dynatrac, who PERSONALLY drove the new rear axle up, showed how my decision to go with Dynatrac axles was a proper one. What a great company run by a really great person. Dynatrac for the win for sure!!

Thank you for sharing these videos Eddie and Cindy. You both work so hard to make these happen, something I have seen first hand during our Rubicon run. Those cameras were everywhere. The thing is, that is just the easy part. Editing must take hundreds of hours. For people who have never edited, take notice, it is a monument to what these two achieve. There simply is no comparison from other Jeep related videos. They are not even close to what you both produce. Thank you.

Actually, after this break, we upgraded to a full float ProRock 60. In fact, we eventually gave that one to Rubicat after we got a ProRock 80 under Moby.

Very cool and as always, very well done. You guys have some of the best photos and videos of Jeep adventures that I've ever seen!

Thank you, we really do appreciate it. :cool:

Wow, I think this is the first video I've seen where Moby has a breakdown. Great video as always and thanks for sharing the adventures with us.

LOL!! You need to see some of our older videos.

Awesome job guys. One of my favs. Great series. Love seeing you swap out an axle tube on the trail. Those are some good friends.

Technically, we swapped a semi-float "shaft" that broke at the flange :D

Yea man like you said there's more to MOAB than wheeling there's the scenic rides and your very true on that

It really is an amazing place and one that you could spend a whole week exploring without a Jeep and still have a great time.

You always seem to capture the essence of these trips, which is really just about the camaraderie and friendships strengthened while enjoying a great hobby.

So, when's the next vid project. Lol. [emoji6]

LOL!! We just killed ourselves getting this one done :crazyeyes:

Great series. I got sweaty palms at a couple of places and I was behind a computer, not the driver's steering wheel. Always good to see the fun and comraderies that grow from these adventures too. It really is a Wayalife.

Too funny! We're so glad that you and Susan have been able to join us on so many of our adventures. :yup:

wayoflife
08-16-2016, 02:35 AM
Awesome!! I love watching these videos. Thanks for sharing with us! :beer:

Another great video you guys, I hope to join the festivities some day! Thanks for sharing :thumb:

What another awesome video Eddie and Cindy! Great job was worth the wait. [emoji106]珞[emoji4]

Awesome video! Looks like you all had a blast as always! Thx for sharing the journey!

Yet again, another great video. Mel launching that rig was insane. Thanks for putting this together and sharing with us all!

We're so glad you enjoyed the video :cool:

AWESOME! You never cease to amaze me on how well your videos turn out. Seeing the broken axle on the double whammy, I was glad I got to see Cindy make it up successfully this year. :clap2:
Fantastic! :yup:

Thanks Susan. It's been great having you and Tom out there with us this past year :yup:

I cant believe yall never figured out who was doing the forking lol

Some things in life remain a mystery :crazyeyes:

this was maybe the best video of the series, well done! in part one, i was skeptical about the whole fork thing, where was it going? but watching a bewildered trail bud looking out his front door at a bunch of forks stuck in his yard really brought it home this time, lol :clap2:

shooting video is technically much easier now than when i did it back in the 90's, but the basics of storytelling haven't changed, and i think that you guys are doing a great job of putting this stuff together.

decent cutaways to keep the credit roll interesting, great reaction shots of people, and the little things like that angle where someone(cindy?) was standing in the crack to get those tire shots at eye level, can really make a production.

people notice the big stuff of course, like mel getting up on one tire :eek: but it's the script that can make or break a production, and that was done well here as well, the narrated summary of each trail for instance.

another angle that i liked in these recent wayalife vids was cindy getting behind the wheel; i've seen lady drivers at the drag strip mow down a field of 30 guys like it was nothing, and watching cindy charge those big obstacles kinda brings those old memories back for me.

thanks for posting these videos!

Thank you, we really do appreciate it and Cindy is fearless :crazyeyes:

I truly enjoy watching your "amateur" videos. This is another great video and was fun to watch last night.

Keep it up. Fork Yeah!

Well, unlike some events that hire film crew to cover them, these are essentially home movies for us and we're glad you enjoy them. :yup:

wayoflife
08-16-2016, 02:37 AM
Another great video series. Thanks for sharing the trip and historical info!

Great video and amazing scenery

We're so glad that you enjoyed it :cool:

I mean, if you're going to break an axle shaft in the middle of nowhere, is there anyone you would rather have with you than Mel Wade and Jim McGean?? :thumb:

Amazing video Eddie and Cindy. Thank you very much for making that. :clap2:

Truth be told, we had a plan to get out but it sure is nice to have good friends to help out and make it easier.

Eddie and Cindy,
I've really enjoyed watching your WAL video's, old and new. They always seem to motivate me more and more to look for new trail adventures. Wish we had rocks in the south east (grins). Thanks for the inspiration to get out and wheel and the opportunity to be a part of your forum.

So glad to hear we can inspire you :cool:

GraniteCrystal
08-16-2016, 03:14 AM
Technically, we swapped a semi-float "shaft" that broke at the flange :D

Shoot, I knew I was gonna mess it up as I was typing it 😟

JKRay
08-16-2016, 03:47 AM
I finally got to watch it and it's a great end to an awesome series!!! Makes me miss hanging out with all you guys!

Esum2016
08-16-2016, 04:57 AM
You guys make me proud to be from Utah! I grew up exploring Moab and most videos don't do it justice. You nailed it. Hope to see you off the road at some point. Cheers!

Hanglider
08-16-2016, 05:09 AM
When you are 8500miles away in an Australian winter, its been awesome watching the series and getting to share in your Jeep Wayalife. :thumb:

Labricon
08-16-2016, 05:31 AM
It took me all day and 4 tries to finally complete watching this one. Totally worth it! Another fantastic video!

JeepJeep75
08-16-2016, 07:42 AM
When you are 8500miles away in an Australian winter, its been awesome watching the series and getting to share in your Jeep Wayalife. :thumb:

I seriously didn't think it snowed at all in Australia. Learn something new everyday.

2nd.gunman
08-16-2016, 09:33 AM
Great video as always. [emoji106]

metalic
08-16-2016, 10:06 AM
EVO 1 launching that ledge was awesome

SJ21XDC
08-16-2016, 12:40 PM
Another, absolutely awesome job!:clap2::clap2::clap2:
Thanks for sharing!

JLSilerJK
08-16-2016, 01:48 PM
as always, thanks!
forkin awesome part 3 and series. Makin me want to plan a MOAB getaway!

DWiggles
08-16-2016, 02:40 PM
As always,

Thanks Eddie for everything you guys do! Another Awesome Video Series, adding another hour and a half of awesome entertainment to youtube! :thumb: :beer:

DuffysGreatExplorer
08-16-2016, 04:19 PM
Great video, these always get me drooling! Can't wait to take a trip out there someday!

WillyRockIt
08-16-2016, 04:39 PM
Loving these videos and watching all you guys and gals having a blast together. The production on this mini series is amazing. I'll watch them all again before I head to Moab. It's on the top of my bucket list for wheeling trips! Thanks for sharing! Cheers!!

KICKROX
08-16-2016, 06:58 PM
Looked like a fun trip, I had to watch all three videos again.

This is another bucket list item for me... Moab is a must go someday for me. Thanks for sharing :beer:

Kyle7R
08-16-2016, 07:06 PM
Was finally able to sit down and watch the entire video, did not disappoint! Looks like a great time, even with the break at the end. Goes to show what good friends are worth :thumb:

The Kraken
08-16-2016, 08:20 PM
Great video! Scenery is amazing and Moab is definitely a must see for me!

cjmenma
08-16-2016, 08:47 PM
Awesome video guys, once again excellent production and thank you for sharing your adventures with all of us. Now I cannot wait to being in Moab next year. :rock:

Andy5160
08-16-2016, 10:00 PM
Amazing video thank you Eddie and Cindy
I like the soundtracks that are used in the videos they always match and hit the spot
Thank you

sipafz
08-17-2016, 02:34 AM
Another great adventure! Thanks for sharing!

Rascal3
08-17-2016, 03:23 AM
Incredible as always, loved it thanks for sharing:thumb:

BCJK2015
08-17-2016, 07:05 PM
Could hardly stand the Forking Suspense after watching part one & two!

Another great production Cindy & Eddie..

Keep the shinny side up & JEEP On..

Flat Top
08-17-2016, 07:49 PM
Great video!

jeepsterchris
08-17-2016, 09:06 PM
Awesome as always! Man, I need to get out of this office and hit the trails with you guys sometime...especially since I'm not way the heck up in Seattle anymore!

Ginz
08-18-2016, 01:04 AM
It's been a crappy couple of weeks, and I've barely been on. This video made it a little better. And worse because I'm really jealous of you all lmao. Great vid guys. One day hopefully I'll make it to one of these trips.

Btw, did I detect a little sarcasm with the "enthusiastic fan"? Lmao

wayoflife
08-22-2016, 12:31 AM
Selected completely at random, the WAYALIFE shot glasses WINNER is...

Congratulations Breer! :thumb:

Lance628
08-22-2016, 12:34 AM
Congrats breer the shot glasses are great !!

WJCO
08-22-2016, 12:47 AM
Congrats!!!

Snboarder113
08-23-2016, 07:00 AM
I've always wondered how often you get recognized out on a trail, cool that you met a fan. Nice video as always!

Brute
08-27-2016, 08:50 PM
Just had a chance to run thru the last installment of an excellent series...Poison Spider & Gold Bar are both on my list for 2017 EJS...how fortuitous to have both Mel & Jim on hand for a trail repair! As always, nicely done Eddie & Cindy...

I just made my reservations for accommodations for the next EJS...it can't come soon enough...

2007 JKU CANADA
09-03-2016, 03:03 PM
Another awesome video. Eddie I noticed you eat dinner and breakfast @ 9:45 either that or you need to check your clock. Lol.. thank again for the videos.

Jimmypaget
09-06-2016, 08:41 PM
Who ended up being the anonymous forker?

scrhino
09-06-2016, 10:12 PM
Another awesome video. Eddie I noticed you eat dinner and breakfast @ 9:45 either that or you need to check your clock. Lol.. thank again for the videos.

The time you eat dinner or breakfast is irrelevant.

SergJKURhino
10-14-2016, 04:47 PM
Is there any way to get a downloadable full-length version. I travel for work & I'd much rather watch your films over the airline's movie selection. I couldn't find any on the Apple Store.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

scrhino
10-14-2016, 05:01 PM
Is there any way to get a downloadable full-length version. I travel for work & I'd much rather watch your films over the airline's movie selection. I couldn't find any on the Apple Store.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

There are ways to download videos from YouTube.

Liston
Instagram: black_rhino_jk

Gadget
10-14-2016, 10:58 PM
How would this be done? I also spend too much time on planes and would like to have this option.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

scrhino
10-15-2016, 01:52 AM
How would this be done? I also spend too much time on planes and would like to have this option.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

Just google it. I don't want to say exactly b/c people get paid through ads.

Liston
Instagram: black_rhino_jk