Can't decide if I want a cage

chitown35

LOSER
I've got a chance to get a deal on a sport-cage for my Jeep for under $450 and I can't decide if I want to pull the trigger. There are definitely some obstacles I have passed on because I don't have anything other than the stock cage, but also because I didn't feel comfortable attempting them being only on 35s.

My quandary is that if I pull the trigger on the cage deal that's $ I could've spent getting ready for 37s. My to-do list for 37s still includes:
Rednack Ram hydro assist - 600ish
(maybe) brake upgrade - 1kish
(maybe) new Tie Rod - 300ish

Anybody care to help push me in one way or another? What would you do?

GraniteCrystal

I'm on 37s without a brake upgrade, without hydro assist, and on stock tie rod.

Buy the cage, buy 37s, wheel it. Then decide if you need those other things.

If you don't want the cage, PM me how I can buy it ;)

thombull

I have two kids 9 and 11 that sometimes ride with me in the Jeep. Their safety as well as mine made up my mind. That and having watched an older couple in a Jeep roll twice right in front of me. Thank God they had a rollbar and didn't get hurt. Your safety should come first or you might not be around to get those 37's or the lift or what ever.

Sent from my QMV7A using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

Little of topic... but should the whole cage be upgraded or just in the front where it's weakest or none at all? 2012 and up JK....

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
My strategy is to start with the front and work backwards. Especially if you have kids in the back, adding that piece will be added security for them. You can add pieces over time.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
My strategy is to start with the front and work backwards. Especially if you have kids in the back, adding that piece will be added security for them. You can add pieces over time.

This is what I did on my 2 door and also my 4 door. Front is more than enough for our jeeps, I personally just wanted to finish the back more for looks and also the extra protection. I also added the new c-pillar parts once they came out.

Ddays

Hooked
That turned out great. And you rattle canned it?

Thanks and yup, rattlle can. I got custom cans made at my local auto body supply store to match my red. Took two cans @ $22 a pop, but still cheaper than powder coat. If this was an exterior application I probably woulda sprung for the PC tho...

Top Bottom