Aftermarket Cold Air Intakes

Chet

I've been searching for a while for the best cold air intake for my 2012 JK. I have the AEV heat reduction hood which to me was necessary since I live in Arizona :eek:. Can anyone offer any opinions on what they believe is a good upgrade? I have looked at WEAPON-R, AEM (no 2012 upgrade yet) AFE, AIRAID, etc... However, I haven't found the most appealing. I appreciate the help!

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Cold Air Intake upgrade

Personally, I feel air intakes are a waste of money. They sound cool, but I think thats the only benefit.. The best increase Ive seen was a CAI, a programmer and exhaust. All of that yielded 33hp. Not worth it in my mind to throw that much money down for so little in return.

Paratroopers stay up longer!

Rock-itman

Personally, I feel air intakes are a waste of money. They sound cool, but I think thats the only benefit.. The best increase Ive seen was a CAI, a programmer and exhaust. All of that yielded 33hp. Not worth it in my mind to throw that much money down for so little in return.

33 HP ?? That must be for the pre 2012 jk's . I dont think from the graphs i have seen there is any change except for the whinnnnning noise (At Least on the 12+ 13's ) :thinking:

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Cold Air Intake upgrade

Oh yeah, if you have the Pentestar (im jealous) but you shouldnt need any power adders. Things a beast. I would check out the Dynomax exhaust that Wayalife featured in a write-up though. Thing sounds gnarly!!

Rock-itman

Oh yeah, if you have the Pentestar (im jealous) but you shouldnt need any power adders. Things a beast. I would check out the Dynomax exhaust that Wayalife featured in a write-up though. Thing sounds gnarly!!

Yes but now i want the 392/6.4 VVT HEMI , so im never happy !! But hope to be after i install :brows:

Chet

I know cold air intake won't boost my horsepower significantly, but I was really thinking it would aid my Pentestar engine in the long run since it would be less heat to the engine. Arizona is ridiculously hot and I drive a lot since my Rig is a daily driver, so I was exploring the idea if it would benefit my engine. I've installed a heat reduction hood and the MPG I'm getting with it now is an extra 2 MPG which is quite fine with me.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Cold Air Intake upgrade

I live in AZ too. But dont see the benefit. Its my opinion only. Not saying theyre worthless. Some people swear by them. Im just not one of them.

FoxC

I installed the AFE CAI. I didnt install it thinking of extra hp's or even mpg's...just the sound. For me, it was worth it as it really sounds good. Its really hard to say "exactly" if I gained an MPG or two...maybe, ever so slightly. Its also much easier to clean out here in dusty conditions. I clean it after every run. One hose clamp, hit it with the compressor and throw it back on.:thumb:

Cold Air Intake upgrade

I have the Penstar am running the Dynomax exhaust and still went with the RIPP Mods CAI to free up some space for my PSC reservoir. I love it!

cottrellsahara

I have the Airaid system love it because it has improved mpg slightly and also Its loud when i get on it which is awesome but when i am normal driving i don't hear it as much which is also a plus. it also looks pretty awesome under the hood with that stainless cover.

Attachments

• 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 282

kthulhu

I live in the south where we get rain and mud. I'm leary of CAI on a Jeep just in case I would have to cross deep water somewhere, I may just be paranoid though. However on my Mustang a CAI was a must!

kthulhu

I have the Airaid system love it because it has improved mpg slightly and also Its loud when i get on it which is awesome but when i am normal driving i don't hear it as much which is also a plus. it also looks pretty awesome under the hood with that stainless cover.
So your Airaid is sealed? I had a Airaid kit on a Ranger once and loved it.

jesse3638

Hooked
I have the Penstar am running the Dynomax exhaust and still went with the RIPP Mods CAI to free up some space for my PSC reservoir. I love it!

I was looking at the RIPP CAI for the same reason. How do you like it? Is it "sealed" vs. traditional conical air filters?

JeepJKpwr

I have a K&N intake, Flowmaster exhaust and Superchips Flashpaq. I can tell a huge difference when I remove the tuner. I would definitely recommend purchasing a tuner

stevenJK13

I got the Airaid CAI, magnaflow exhaust and flashcal. I went with Airaid since they are local(i live in AZ too). Can't tell much of a difference from stock other than sound obviously, but I've always been a sucker for a little rumble.

Top Bottom