Aftermarket Cold Air Intakes

Stock box! I went through this also on this forum. I am glad I was talked into keeping the oem one. If your really wanting more air flow which I feel is not needed after much research and advise from wayalife. Upgrade the filter itself to the k&n as andy5160 said.

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

The best one is the OEM one that the engineers spent countless hours researching and designing for the best way to optimize your fuel economy and performance. I'm currently in the process of swapping my aftermarket one back to stock. Long story. A Jeep is not the best candidate for aftermarket air intakes. It's just not necessary.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?5392-Cold-Air-Intake-upgrade

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?36957-Mopar-cold-air-intake
I agree, up to and including using the oem paper filter.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Waste of money! Will make 0% difference in performance.

Use the money for a ARB fridge or some other useful mod...

+1 I did the same
Wouldn't even do that as many have said that filter doesn't work as well as OEM. The 3.6 seems to be very sensitive to ingesting anything and could lead to early oil consumption. I'd hate for FCA to void my warranty on the basis of a filter. I run both OEM oil and air filters. I know RAM will void a warranty for running anything other than OEM on their diesels.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Volant CAI

I run a Volant CAI. I like to think it gives me some more power and increased gas mileage, but not really sure. It's one of those mods that's probably not very noticeable and where brand marketing by manufacturer's do an amazing job convincing us it does while taking our money.

Bought my jeep used and thought the CAI on it and TB spacer was an upgrade on the 3.8 to gain a few hp. After a lot of reading I am keeping my eye out for a OEM intake to swap back in. Right now I avoid water crossings etc like the plague.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Other than "sounding" louder, a CAI will make ZERO performance gains as others have mentioned. What it WILL do is allow a ton of dirt into your engine and that will ruin it. This includes ones made by Mopar and installed by your dealership. Ask ttfhell here on the forum.

Well at least it will give you a good reason to ruin your engine faster to finally convince yourself it's time for that engine swap! Just go back to stock with the new engine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom