LAUNCH EDITION Gladiator - 3 Months and STILL WAITING on Peterson Jeep in Idaho

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Yes due to the cost of gasoline being so much higher. However pollution is outweighing the cost and therefore requiring change. CA must have gotten a hold of someone high up over there...haha.

Regulations and fines for missing emissions regulations in your sold vehicle fleets are going to be imposed on many of the OEMs . Fiat Chrysler is on track to pay a 500M to 1B fine .. VW is the only OEM doing worse and is projected to be fined over 1.3B . Wouldn’t be surprised if diesels don’t make it into the Jeeps

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cboggs

Guess that depends on how good a deal they're giving you. Might be worth giving up that deposit for all the crap your going through and about to go through, especially if the price at Smith is cheaper. Peterson almost makes me think they'll be changing the deal on you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Total bullshit. Dealers can’t be trusted, plain and simple.

Honestly, I had a great experience buying through Carson Jeep. I'm kind of kicking myself for not using them again.

Guess that depends on how good a deal they're giving you. Might be worth giving up that deposit for all the crap your going through and about to go through, especially if the price at Smith is cheaper. Peterson almost makes me think they'll be changing the deal on you.

Do they make you finance through them like Peterson's does too?

Glad to help. I really hope you don’t lose your deposit and you have YOUR Gladiator ASAP!

You and me both.

cboggs

No, they just have normal financing like every other dealership. They are the #1 volume dealer in all the US, that's why they sell them cheaper then everyone else.

WJCO

Meme King
No, they just have normal financing like every other dealership. They are the #1 volume dealer in all the US, that's why they sell them cheaper then everyone else.

Just curious, Have you or someone you know worked personally with them in the past? Just trying to verify personal experience.

cboggs

I've had friends and family buy from them, they are only 4 hours away from here. All good experiences. My uncle bought his red gladiator rubicon recently from there. They have cars everywhere in about 3 different towns in Kellog holding their inventory, its kinda funny when you drive through there!

WJCO

Meme King
I've had friends and family buy from them, they are only 4 hours away from here. All good experiences. My uncle bought his red gladiator rubicon recently from there. They have cars everywhere in about 3 different towns in Kellog holding their inventory, its kinda funny when you drive through there!

Good to hear. Thanks.

duktrx

Just curious, Have you or someone you know worked personally with them in the past? Just trying to verify personal experience.
My parents had a bad situation turn out very positive with Dave Smith.

They bought a Ram 2500 Cummins online, when they showed up to pick up the truck it had been delivered via transport truck to the wrong customer, the VIN and stock #'s got mixed up. Dave Smith offered them a different truck, my parents thought it was a bait and switch; Nope, they received a fully loaded truck way more than what they ordered, for the same price.

They financed through their credit union.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, late last night, I FINALLY got an email from Kent. Far from being later on in the morning like he promised but better late than never, right? Wrong. In spite of what my friend at FCA told me, Kent is now saying that the other Rubicon I was wanting actually showed up "yesterday morning" and not on Monday as I was told. Also, Kent is now telling me that it actually arrived "damage", that the "passenger side mirror doesn't move" and he can't sell it to me like that. :naw:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So here's another thing that might be worth noting. Everything I've been told regarding my VIN from my friend at FCA or by Kent at Peterson has been accurate since day one. I did a check of my friend's VIN, the one who ordered from Peterson in Idaho as well and AFTER me and I'm being told by FCA that it's still in Toledo!! :mad:

So here's another thing that might be worth noting. Everything I've been told regarding my VIN from my friend at FCA or by Kent at Peterson has been accurate since day one. I did a check of my friend's VIN, the one who ordered from Peterson in Idaho as well and AFTER me and I'm being told by FCA that it's still in Toledo!! :mad:

Jesus... May be worth taking that $1000 hit if you can find one somewhere else. I’m happy to take a look here in salt at what our stealerships have.

Torrin

Since you have had your VIN and can track it with FCA, it really can't be a dealer issue, since they can't influence manufacture dates and delivery. I know this sucks, I had a similar issue with Ford last year and the information from the dealer and Ford was often in conflict and mostly wrong. Deep breaths is about all you got unless you can work out with the dealer a deposit "refund" to buy another JT from them.

Since you have had your VIN and can track it with FCA, it really can't be a dealer issue, since they can't influence manufacture dates and delivery. I know this sucks, I had a similar issue with Ford last year and the information from the dealer and Ford was often in conflict and mostly wrong. Deep breaths is about all you got unless you can work out with the dealer a deposit "refund" to buy another JT from them.

It becomes a dealer issue when the dealer isn’t straight forward and transparent. Sure, maybe you can point the finger at the manufacturer for not getting it built and shipped in a timely manner, but ALL of the dicking around falls on the morons at the dealership he’s trying to work with.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Jesus... May be worth taking that $1000 hit if you can find one somewhere else. I’m happy to take a look here in salt at what our stealerships have.

Believe me, I'm looking.

Not blaming Peterson for my Launch Edition not being in yet. I am however questioning them about the other Rubicon they have and I've asked to buy instead. FCA is telling me it came into their dealership on Monday morning. I was told yesterday that it never came in. Under pressure, I was told late last night that it came in yesterday (Tuesday) but is damaged. I am also questioning how my friend got pics of his Launch Edition at Peterson on Saturday even though he placed his order AFTER me and his VIN shows it should still be in Toledo. I want to see a pic of the VIN that is on the LE at Peterson.

Andy5160

Hooked
Believe me, I'm looking.

Not blaming Peterson for my Launch Edition not being in yet. I am however questioning them about the other Rubicon they have and I've asked to buy instead. FCA is telling me it came into their dealership on Monday morning. I was told yesterday that it never came in. Under pressure, I was told late last night that it came in yesterday (Tuesday) but is damaged. I am also questioning how my friend got pics of his Launch Edition at Peterson on Saturday even though he placed his order AFTER me and his VIN shows it should still be in Toledo. I want to see a pic of the VIN that is on the LE at Peterson.

Did you talk to someone higher then your sales guy at the dealership? Might worth a shot
Also there is white Rubicon JT at Carson dealer yeah some salt on the open wound

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Did you talk to someone higher then your sales guy at the dealership? Might worth a shot
Also there is white Rubicon JT at Carson dealer yeah some salt on the open wound

Trying to do that now.

Yeah, been eyeing that one but it doesn't have the bare minimums of what we want. They have an Overland as well that's closer and we're considering it as well.

Top Bottom