LAUNCH EDITION Gladiator - 3 Months and STILL WAITING on Peterson Jeep in Idaho

pop2tu

After reading through this, I think you should name your new JT, Justin Time because I think it will get there just in time of you losing all your patience.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Abntroop

We should go wheeling tomorrow to get your mind off it. [emoji16]

Typed on my iPhone with my Jimmy Dean sausage fingers

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, Peterson Jeep in Idaho is who we ordered our Gladiator from and mainly because of all the rave reviews we've heard about them. Unfortunately, I kinda feel like they've been dicking us around. In spite of the fact that we placed our order before a friend of ours, his came in last week and ours is nowhere in site. In spite of the fact that I had previously asked if they had anything else coming in, they have told me no. In spite of the fact that I have specifically asked about a Rubicon that they had on their website showing up as being in transit and if we could buy that one instead and they said yes, they are still saying it hasn't come in. Well, I just talked to a friend of mine at FCA and he verified that it did in fact come in YESTERDAY at 11:31 AM. In other words, Peterson Jeep in Idaho is full of shit. Unfortunately, they still have my $1000 deposit so I'm not sure what to do now. This whole thing is such bullshit.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Between this bullshit and their making you finance through them for 6 months and with a higher percentage rate, I'm really starting to feel like we've made a BIG mistake going with Peterson Jeep in Idaho.

longarmwj

Making you finance for 6 months with them?? What kind of policy is that??? I never saw any policy like that in any dealership I worked at. That’s a crop of shit

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Making you finance for 6 months with them?? What kind of policy is that??? I never saw any policy like that in any dealership I worked at. That’s a crop of shit

Yup. They give you a screaming deal but then make you finance with them for 6 months and at a higher rate than you would otherwise get. They say that all you need to do is refi afterward but of course, you NEED to refi and of course, during that 6 months, you're just paying interest.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I'd tell that dealership to get F'd and demand my deposit back. They probably got some sucker to pay more for it and kicked your deal to the curb... No loyalty there.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Fuck him. That sucks big time. I’m starting to feel bad for you. I didn’t for a long time cause I was jealous but this is bs.

Man, I've tried being patient, tried not to bug the shit out of him and tried being polite. This is the shit I get for it.

I'd tell that dealership to get F'd and demand my deposit back. They probably got some sucker to pay more for it and kicked your deal to the curb... No loyalty there.

Honestly, I couldn't begin to guess what really happened but I can tell you that someone I KNOW PERSONALLY is getting his before me and he placed his order after me. Of course, I'm not faulting him at all but it sure puts into question what Peterson is up to.

They show three white rubicons on their website.

Yeah, I looked as well and all of them show as being "in transit". Even Kent said that the Rubicon I asked about by VIN arrived in Utah on the 9th. My friend at FCA verified as much. So, who's telling the truth now?

USMC Wrangler

LAUNCH EDITION Gladiator - 3 Months and STILL WAITING

Between this bullshit and their making you finance through them for 6 months and with a higher percentage rate, I'm really starting to feel like we've made a BIG mistake going with Peterson Jeep in Idaho.

So is there a prepayment penalty if you refi before the 6 months? I ask because we recently went through the same with Bill Luke Santan near Phoenix.

We recently traded my wife’s Explorer for an Expedition and they told us the 6 months thing as well. I asked the finance manager if there was a prepayment penalty, which she said “no” and showed it to me in the finance contract. I left there late Friday night with the Expedition we wanted and did a refi as soon as they gave me my new loan account number a few weeks later. No penalties whatsoever.

Edit: I guess it doesn’t matter right now since they are dicking you around. Something to possibly clarify though. We saved almost 5% in interest by using my credit union vs Wells Fargo Auto.

Last edited:

cboggs

Check out Dave Smith in Idaho, they are usually the cheapest to buy from and they have white sports and Rubicons. They show a Rubicon fully loaded for less than 55k. Also hear they will fly you out to pick it up!

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You should try to buy one with the same deal Eddie made and see what happens.

You mean because this is in Idaho?

So is there a prepayment penalty if you refi before the 6 months? I ask because we recently went through the same with Bill Luke Santan near Phoenix.

We recently traded my wife’s Explorer for an Expedition and they told us the 6 months thing as well. I asked the finance manager if there was a prepayment penalty, which she said “no” and showed it to me in the finance contract. I left there late Friday night with the Expedition we wanted and did a refi as soon as they gave me my new loan account number a few weeks later. No penalties whatsoever.

Edit: I guess it doesn’t matter right now since they are dicking you around. Something to possibly clarify though. We saved almost 5% in interest by using my credit union vs Wells Fargo Auto.

Thanks for the heads up. IF this thing pans out, I'll be sure to ask about that. At the moment, I'm still out a grand and have no Gladiator in sight. :rolleyes2:

Check out Dave Smith in Idaho, they are usually the cheapest to buy from and they have white sports and Rubicons.

Would love to and had thought about it multiple times. Unfortunately, Peterson in Idaho has my $1k deposit and so unless I'm willing to loose it, I'm kind of stuck waiting on them to decide if they want to sell me something.

Top Bottom