The Birth of Cookie Monster (aka Cymbol Monkey)

wjtstudios

Hooked
I am all ears. Even my shop scratched their head.

The fact that both our Jeeps gave the exact same issue with the exact same setup that occurred only after we installed the COs says it has to be something with them. Our coil shock setups sat level. I have zero ideas what that could be.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Weebz

Caught the Bug
The fact that both our Jeeps gave the exact same issue with the exact same setup that occurred only after we installed the COs says it has to be something with them. Our coil shock setups sat level. I have zero ideas what that could be.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Me either. I’ve always had a little rake to that cot
We but nothing like this.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Something is off for sure, wether it’s the mounts, coilovers, control arms, sway bars, or just the adjustment is hard to say without seeing it. I would have a hard time going to a 350+ rate spring to correct that issue just because I wouldn’t want the force on off camber or steep obstacles. If your making 1/2” adjustments on a corner and not seeing much difference something is binding up or off

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Something is off for sure, wether it’s the mounts, coilovers, control arms, sway bars, or just the adjustment is hard to say without seeing it. I would have a hard time going to a 350+ rate spring to correct that issue just because I wouldn’t want the force on off camber or steep obstacles. If your making 1/2” adjustments on a corner and not seeing much difference something is binding up or off

You still making TN? If so maybe you can take a peak. I am out of things to try. I really thought it was from binding but I think I eliminated that. Had it aligned and had the shop look at it when they did it and he didn’t see any binding. I’ve measured eyehole to the ground on the lowe mounts and they are the same. Upper mounts are the same height from top of perch.

MericaMade

You still making TN? If so maybe you can take a peak. I am out of things to try. I really thought it was from binding but I think I eliminated that. Had it aligned and had the shop look at it when they did it and he didn’t see any binding. I’ve measured eyehole to the ground on the lowe mounts and they are the same. Upper mounts are the same height from top of perch.

Sorry to hear you are still having that issue. Might sound stupid but I remember a big thread going on about the weight of the spare and where the weight actually sits. Have you taken off the rear spare and see if there is any change in stance.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Sorry to hear you are still having that issue. Might sound stupid but I remember a big thread going on about the weight of the spare and where the weight actually sits. Have you taken off the rear spare and see if there is any change in stance.

Oh there is a huge shift in weight with my spare. It’s the Evo carrier so it’s centered but any thing I do with that swing out moves the whole damn jeep

MericaMade

Oh there is a huge shift in weight with my spare. It’s the Evo carrier so it’s centered but any thing I do with that swing out moves the whole damn jeep
That was one of the topics that the weight is actually transferred to the pass side where the mount is holding it and not actually centered. It went into a physics conversation and I don't remember where it was. I know taking off that big ass 40 is work but maybe worth a shot. Maybe somebody else can remember where that conversation took place and post it just so you could see for yourself what was said. I'm grasping at straws for you.

Sent from my SM-N975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Weebz

Caught the Bug
That was one of the topics that the weight is actually transferred to the pass side where the mount is holding it and not actually centered. It went into a physics conversation and I don't remember where it was. I know taking off that big ass 40 is work but maybe worth a shot. Maybe somebody else can remember where that conversation took place and post it just so you could see for yourself what was said. I'm grasping at straws for you.

Sent from my SM-N975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

See what I can find

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug

Yeah, I’ll be there Thursday afternoon. Maybe something can be found.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Any luck finding anything? My buddy who joined us in Moab is have the same issue after make some spring rate changes.

Nope. I’m getting ready to basically start all over this weekend. Reset everything to original springs and set him back on the ground and start going from there to see if I missed something. I have a set of 350 springs here now I can jump to on the front lower as well if I need. The one thing that continues to bother me up front is my isolators are nowhere near where they need to be. I have the nut turned all the way down to the end of the threads and there is still a good 1.0 plus of smooth body showing before the isolator. Yes I have the long side facing up before anyone asks. Not sure what to make of that either.

MericaMade

Nope. I’m getting ready to basically start all over this weekend. Reset everything to original springs and set him back on the ground and start going from there to see if I missed something. I have a set of 350 springs here now I can jump to on the front lower as well if I need. The one thing that continues to bother me up front is my isolators are nowhere near where they need to be. I have the nut turned all the way down to the end of the threads and there is still a good 1.0 plus of smooth body showing before the isolator. Yes I have the long side facing up before anyone asks. Not sure what to make of that either.

Oh man, I hope you find the problem, that's got to be driving you nuts. As for the isolaters do you have the Kings or those other nice aftermarket ones? For mine I have the long side facing down and the rear is about a 3/4 to 1 inch before slider hits the cancel out ring. My front is like 2 1/2 - 3 inches of smooth body with the cancel out rings threaded as far down as they can go. I haven't touch my spring rate either, and the only way I could close that slider cancel rig gap up front is either add more preload or a heavier spring but I don't want to lift the jeep any higher.

I am heading over to my buddies house tonight and we are going to mess with his. If I come across something I will let you know.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Oh man, I hope you find the problem, that's got to be driving you nuts. As for the isolaters do you have the Kings or those other nice aftermarket ones? For mine I have the long side facing down and the rear is about a 3/4 to 1 inch before slider hits the cancel out ring. My front is like 2 1/2 - 3 inches of smooth body with the cancel out rings threaded as far down as they can go. I haven't touch my spring rate either, and the only way I could close that slider cancel rig gap up front is either add more preload or a heavier spring but I don't want to lift the jeep any higher.

I am heading over to my buddies house tonight and we are going to mess with his. If I come across something I will let you know.

My rears are good with regards to the isolators other than I need to adjust the lock ring threads on the passenger side. Keep me posted as I would love to find a solution before I spend a day pissing around with this....again.

Top Bottom