Granite Shark

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I didn't realize you were serious about getting one. Sweet! Any particular time frame? What color are you thinking?

That will look awesome.

He has another kid to buy a car for yet before he gets a JT.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I didn't realize you were serious about getting one. Sweet! Any particular time frame? What color are you thinking?

That will look awesome.

He has another kid to buy a car for yet before he gets a JT.

^This. My 13 year old daughter has her eyes on a white Rubicon. When I have to give up the Granite Shark this time next year, I will likely pick up a used white JLUR and drive it for a couple of years until my daughter turns 16.

At that point I will be looking for my 2022 or 2023 JT. As for the color, I’ll have to wait and see what they have out by then. If I was buying one tomorrow I would either get Sting Gray or Gator.

Brute

Hooked
^This. My 13 year old daughter has her eyes on a white Rubicon. When I have to give up the Granite Shark this time next year, I will likely pick up a used white JLUR and drive it for a couple of years until my daughter turns 16.

At that point I will be looking for my 2022 or 2023 JT. As for the color, I’ll have to wait and see what they have out by then. If I was buying one tomorrow I would either get Sting Gray or Gator.

They will have stopped production by then...

I was looking at replacing my double row bar with a single row bar like that but heard they not only whistle which I’m used to a little but howl, one guy said it sounded like an air raid siren. You have any issues with it?
Jeep looks clean

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I’d be lying if I didn’t admit I like lights. I worked my butt off at a pizza joint in high school to save up for five Hella Rallye 4000 lights.

When I finally get my JT, a KC Gravity Pro setup will be early on my list.

You probably like round lights, though. I do.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I was looking at replacing my double row bar with a single row bar like that but heard they not only whistle which I’m used to a little but howl, one guy said it sounded like an air raid siren. You have any issues with it?
Jeep looks clean

I did some freeway runs yesterday (about 15 miles) and I actually think it is not nearly as loud as our double row. The double row was brutal at 62+ mph until I put door strip on the fins. This single row is livable as is (just turn the radio up), but I will still probably put door strip on it.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Just rotated the tires on the Tank Jeep, now it’s time to do this PITA upgrade to the Granite Jeep.

IMG_5535.jpg

JKbrick

I’d be lying if I didn’t admit I like lights. I worked my butt off at a pizza joint in high school to save up for five Hella Rallye 4000 lights.

When I finally get my JT, a KC Gravity Pro setup will be early on my list.

What did you drive in high school? I had a lifted 78 Chevy short bed, silver with a red interior. Round KC lights on the front bumper

Sharkey

Word Ninja
What did you drive in high school? I had a lifted 78 Chevy short bed, silver with a red interior. Round KC lights on the front bumper

1986 K5 Blazer. 4” Rancho lift on 33” BFG all-terrains with dual Rancho 5000’s at each corner, bolt-in cage, and a custom paint job that I drew up myself. Unfortunately, it had the 305 and was a bit of a dog but damn I loved that rig.

If I could find it I would consider buying it back to fix up, which would include an old school 454 and 14 bolt axels. 🥰

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
1986 K5 Blazer. 4” Rancho lift on 33” BFG all-terrains with dual Rancho 5000’s at each corner, bolt-in cage, and a custom paint job that I drew up myself. Unfortunately, it had the 305 and was a bit of a dog but damn I loved that rig.

If I could find it I would consider buying it back to fix up, which would include an old school 454 and 14 bolt axels. 🥰

LOL - that would actually be pretty cool :yup:

I did some freeway runs yesterday (about 15 miles) and I actually think it is not nearly as loud as our double row. The double row was brutal at 62+ mph until I put door strip on the fins. This single row is livable as is (just turn the radio up), but I will still probably put door strip on it.

Awesome! That’s great news thanks for the feedback.

JKbrick

Nice!! I forgot about all the shocks we used to put on them [emoji23]

Ddays

Hooked

If I could find it I would consider buying it back to fix up, which would include an old school 454 and 14 bolt axels. ��

Heck yes!! We used to drill a hole in all but 1 of them so it would ride better, but still look groovy

There should be a High School Rides thread. LOL - my first experience with death wobble happened in my HS truck! :shock:

Edit: Round KC Daylighters were on the push bar :thumb:

TRUCK.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
New Bartact covers for the front arrived today. Still need one for the rear and the center console.

IMG_5557.jpg

If anyone is interested in the wet okole covers that came out, let me know and we can make deal. 🥃

Top Bottom