I couldn't stay jeepless

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Oof! Looks like you took a good hit. Glad to hear that your both ok and I hope it stays that way! The Jeep is replaceable.

Bierpower

Hooked
NNoooooooooooo!!! Man, glad you're ok. What a bummer. Looks fixable though, depending on the frame situation.
From what I can tell, everything from the front body mount back looks straight. Hopefully I can get it back and put some tons under it. The D30 didn't hold up quite as well as you were saying it should [emoji39]

Oof! Looks like you took a good hit. Glad to hear that your both ok and I hope it stays that way! The Jeep is replaceable.
I think it would have been much worse had the roads been dry but without traction I think damage was minimized. The little Ford fiesta just went sliding away without much resistance. Should be a decently easy fix.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Man, what a bummer. Glad you guys are okay though. Kinda sucks cause it seems like it hasn’t been too long since doing the engine swap. Hoping for you that it’s not a total loss.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
From what I can tell, everything from the front body mount back looks straight. Hopefully I can get it back and put some tons under it. The D30 didn't hold up quite as well as you were saying it should [emoji39]

I really hope you can salvage this thing. You've put a lot into it. I'd say you got your moneys worth on that D30 though.

DSC03056.jpg

IMG_2826.jpg

Bierpower

Hooked
I really hope you can salvage this thing. You've put a lot into it. I'd say you got your moneys worth on that D30 though.

I know I wasn't easy on it but he and I were talking when we ran Chinaman and he said that he ran a 30 for years with no problems and they not as weak they're made out to be. Just have to give him some shit.

WJCO

Meme King
I know I wasn't easy on it but he and I were talking when we ran Chinaman and he said that he ran a 30 for years with no problems and they not as weak they're made out to be. Just have to give him some shit.

30 or not, I was still surprised to see how well you did on those two trails this summer with no lockers. With locked 60s, you'll really have some fun.

Bierpower

Hooked
30 or not, I was still surprised to see how well you did on those two trails this summer with no lockers. With locked 60s, you'll really have some fun.
I laugh every time I think of this. After holy Cross my wife posted up on a local Facebook jeep page and some guy replied along the lines of "with all the traction control and features on these "new Jeeps" it's almost like having lockers". I told my wife it's too bad the Motech swap kills traction control but he had a nice theory.

desertrunner

I have always wondered with big builds like this and shit happens that turns out to be a total loss, how would you get an insurance pay out for a jeep with an LS? Or are you just shit out of luck and they will pay you for what it cost stock? I've tried to explain my axle swap stuff to my insurance and they are clueless so I have no idea what would happen. Do you have the LS written into your policy?

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bierpower

Hooked
I have always wondered with big builds like this and shit happens that turns out to be a total loss, how would you get an insurance pay out for a jeep with an LS? Or are you just shit out of luck and they will pay you for what it cost stock? I've tried to explain my axle swap stuff to my insurance and they are clueless so I have no idea what would happen. Do you have the LS written into your policy?

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app
So as far as I know you would have to get the vehicle appraised with the added value of the mods and then insure the vehicle for the appraisal value in order to get it all covered. I have not done this so I will get an insurance value based on local market value for similar make/model/milage.

The good news is I did all the work myself and bought the Jeep cheap with a bad engine so I don't have much more tied up in it than stock value.

WJCO

Meme King

When I put my ProRock on my WJ, because it was of higher value than the Jeep itself lol, I had the insurance add it. I just had to submit a receipt showing it's value.

Bierpower

Hooked
When I put my ProRock on my WJ, because it was of higher value than the Jeep itself lol, I had the insurance add it. I just had to submit a receipt showing it's value.
I do have the receipts for all the stuff I've done to the Jeep so maybe I can negotiate on value a bit. It would be pretty sweet if I could get a fat check for mods.

Bierpower

Hooked
Update

Update on the status of the jeep. It was found to be repairable and will be going to a body shop near the house.

Now I get to go down there and try to explain to them which vehicles all of my parts are from. :thumb:

WJCO

Meme King
Update on the status of the jeep. It was found to be repairable and will be going to a body shop near the house.

Now I get to go down there and try to explain to them which vehicles all of my parts are from. :thumb:

:thumb: :thumb: How are you planning on dealing with the axle? Are they just going to replace it or are you going to try to get them to cut you a check and upgrade?

Bierpower

Hooked
:thumb: :thumb: How are you planning on dealing with the axle? Are they just going to replace it or are you going to try to get them to cut you a check and upgrade?
I'm telling them to weld it together so it rolls and I'll take care of it. No way I'm putting a new 30 under that thing now.

Top Bottom