Will You Buy a New JL Wrangler?

Will You Buy a New JL Wrangler?

• HELL YES!! Take my old JK and my money - I want one NOW!!

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes - I'm looking forward to buying one and will add it to the stable.

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • Yes - This will be my first and I've been waiting for something like the JL to come out.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • NO WAY IN HELL!! I am not impressed with what I'm seeing and I'm keeping what I've got!

Votes: 27 30.0%
  • No - The JL Wrangler is just too much like the JK I already have.

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • No - I've been wanting a Wrangler but I think I will just buy a JK.

Votes: 6 6.7%

• Total voters

dunstan74

Im perfectly happy with my jk and have no plans on replacing it any time soon.

But i am excited to the new jl and how it compares to the jk

wanderer

maybe yes but most likely NO

got an 08 with a limited lifetime drivetrain warranty.. That means 99 years yeah look it up.... and no worries about a trans, engine, driveshaft, manifolds , transfer case and axels, I have no payments finally and got it rigged up so I can take the hard top off at will. plus id on't see spending 50 k on a new rubi with a diesel unless I win the lotto. which is pretty doubtful;

Jackal01

I am going to bypass the JL all together and see what the truck will have to offer! :crazyeyes:

As of right now, keeping the JKU. I would like to add the truck to the stable, though.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
#4, except not so much, "No way in hell," and not that it may not be impressive, but I have a 2014 with 23,000 miles on it. I'd rather upgrade it & keep it.

jeeeep

Hooked
I've been looking at the 2016 for the power /transmission but think I'll wait for the JL to come out and see what power plants it really offers

Last edited:

JKVADER

#5. I looks to similar to start over for me. Maybe if they made one with a truck bed instead of a 4 door.

professorkx

Nope. I ordered my 2014 Rubicon X just the way I wanted, so plan on keeping my JK for some time. Heck, my JK is so much more capable than I am willing to push, I can't imagine a JL would get me to push beyond my current personal limits...

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Mostly #4, I'll give it a few years to see if it grows on me. I didn't like the JK when it came out and didn't have any interest in one until they came out with the 3.6 and my dogs didn't easily fit in my TJ anymore, then the 4dr started looking really appealing. The lack of a soft top option is a real negative for me.

Nick Zambo

#4. I like my JK and the more things that go wrong with it means the more aftermarket parts I get to buy for it. So it's a win win for me. And just maybe one day it will look like Rubicat. Well hopefully one day.

Chad

Negative Ghost Rider. I love my 04 Rubi! I will continue to build and rebuild it. Not having a soft top option is a definite no go. I haven't read up on any of the specs, so my decision is purely based on the pic that Eddie posted. I can see a lot of soccer moms and grocery shoppers buying it. All hail old metal!!!!

RedRum

I am keeping what I have regardless of how the new model comes out ... I told myself I would never sell my first jeep ( 2012 jk ) and when I realized I needed a 4dr for the space it hurt ... But now that I had my jeep built for me and went through the process of waiting for it ... It staying with me and any new vehicle would be a pickup to add

Dive Dog

#4 nope

From what I see in that photo (or rendering) looks like the windshield won't fold down .
And the top looks as though it can't be removed , unless I'm not informed enough (am I wrong ?) .
Those are just the first of many things I see that would make it a deal breaker for me .
I still can't understand why FCA can't get a V-8 under the hood , they are leaving a ton of cash on the table with that one .
The swap shops are cleaning up putting power under the hood of TJ's and JK's of all flavors .
The concept rigs at EJS are proof that it can be done , and they are smart enough to overcome the hurdles of emissions and the fuel economy problems I would hope .
Come on Chrysler get your head out of the sand and GIVE US WHAT WE WANT not what the focus groups have garnered from what the soccer moms want .
They need to remember what got them where they are now , and it wasn't car pooling or delivering kids to school or the soccer field .
The Wrangler has a rich history , the soccer moms see these things as the cool thing to drive now (maybe a fad) but the Offroad Community has always been the mainstay for the brand .

Just my 3-1/2 cents .

JAGS

Hooked
2. Yes - I'm looking forward to buying one and will add it to the stable.

My jeep will be paid off by the time the JLs come out. So I may pull the trigger early on one. Or, possibly wait just a little for any kinks to show. But I'll be getting one for sure and not waiting too too long. Excited to see the real deal though.

MTG

Caught the Bug
No plans to buy a new vehicle for quite a few years. So unless something happens to mine I don't see buying one. Maybe around 2021 I'll be in the market for something new.

Top Bottom