Will You Buy a New JL Wrangler?

Will You Buy a New JL Wrangler?

• HELL YES!! Take my old JK and my money - I want one NOW!!

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes - I'm looking forward to buying one and will add it to the stable.

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • Yes - This will be my first and I've been waiting for something like the JL to come out.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • NO WAY IN HELL!! I am not impressed with what I'm seeing and I'm keeping what I've got!

Votes: 27 30.0%
  • No - The JL Wrangler is just too much like the JK I already have.

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • No - I've been wanting a Wrangler but I think I will just buy a JK.

Votes: 6 6.7%

• Total voters
I really was considering buying a JL, but I decided I love the JK too much. I just sold my two door yesterday and picked up a 2016 JKUR with all the goodies. Needless to say, I will be holding on to it until they actually make a Jeep pickup.

Great post, good timing this is front of mind for me.
Very happy with my 08, built nicely, aging well with 210,000kms. The plan is another JKU early 2017, order what I want, the 08 stays in he family as it's feels like it is family....lots of great memories.

The JL would have to REALLY woo me over with many wizz bang features and options

Cheers

StickFish

Some place between 4 and 5 for me. Not enough change for me based on what I have seen. V8 swap is in the future based on what I have seen.

RockyJk

If I still had my JK I would say #2 since I don't I'll say #1 I doubt I'll be keeping the TJ lol but I will wait till the second production year to get one

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Kind of #4 and sort of #6. For me it was imperative to buy a new JKU prior to the release of the JL. I like to steer clear of the new model years until the issues have been worked out. Also I had been wanting a JKU since 2010 so I'm extremely happy to have finally pulled the trigger! Love my Jeep!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Oh and if it comes with a nonremovable top it's a nonstarter. I'll buy a couple of JKs or JKUs for the kids and save them to build up when they are old enough to drive.

dwvninety

#2 but gonna wait till the 2nd generation is out. Hopefully by then EVO will have lift, armor, etc. for it.

JAGS

Hooked
Oh and if it comes with a nonremovable top it's a nonstarter. I'll buy a couple of JKs or JKUs for the kids and save them to build up when they are old enough to drive.

I'm a little curious about the top too. It'd be hard to imaging a non convertible wrangler. I "heard"from "a guys who's brother work for jeep R&D" that there would still be a removable top. But that doesn't mean ish. Maybe something a la sandtrooper??? So many questions.

Evil

Just have to wait this one out and see. I will not be getting rid of the JK for one but it could be a second Jeep in the garage for the wife or something.

robx251

Caught the Bug
4... I am not that impressed with what I see. Not much change. Probably skip a generation or two depending upon longevity of my jk and rust issues.

Wardell

I'm somewhere between 4 and 5. I guess I can't really say until I see photos of it that aren't all covered up in tarps, or hear about its off road performance specs.

I will say the top redesign kinda kills it for me. I really like being able to drop the soft top and pulling the doors off in the summer, but I need the hardtop in the winter because it's just too cold without one. It sounds like with the JL I'll have to choose between a SkySlider and MySky type of design (or a panoramic fixed sunroof I read about somewhere). Not looking forward to that.

No manual? I guess they haven't really come out and said, but I was getting the impression that at least one of the engine options would be able to come with a manual. If not, that's another deal breaker.

Bottom line though, I'm very happy with my JKURX and don't see myself getting rid of it. After it's paid off, then maybe I'd consider adding a second vehicle, but it's way too early to know if that would be a second Jeep or something else.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug

My kids are little younger than yours so this plan might not work out for me, but let me know in the future and I would like to be there to assist with your builds. With Sharkey and QuicksilverJK helping me out, I just want to be helpful in return. Especially Sharkey, he has been SUPER helpful and I feel super indebted to him.

Please let me know.

TripleBJK

Option 2 I guess: I'll probably get a 2 door rubicon around 2020 and keep my 2015 4 door rubicon. The 4 door will be for family use and the 2 door for just me. Probably make it a diesel if optioned.

IgotaWoody39

#2,,, I'd keep the 4dr, and get the JL in a 2 dr sahara, .probably go with the diesel option, soft top, auto and have it for mainly on road use only,,,

Top Bottom