Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 50" LED Light Bar..yes or no?

Been Around the Block jeepsterchris's Avatar

50" LED Light Bar..yes or no?

So I'm considering a 50" light bar up top on my JKU. I use my 10" bar and Dually's pretty much every night on my way home from work thru dark wooded roads with lots of wandering critters on them. I am about to pull the trigger on a 50" bar.

Here's all my questions:

For those of you who have one, is it worth it?

And for those of you who don't, why not?

Also, for those who do have one, can you post some detailed pics?

What mounting bracket do you recommend?

Thanks in advance!
    Jeepster Chris
    Queen Creek, AZ
    '14 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, '08 Wrangler, '08 Commander, '73 Commando, '68 Jeepster...It's a sickness...

Knows a Thing or Two FrankenJeeper's Avatar
    I don't have one because I cannot afford one lol. My KC Daylighters do the job for me without breaking the bank. I would love to have one but can't justify the price tag.

Sent from my Z796C using WAYALIFE mobile app

It is totally a waste of money.

That being said I am going to order one soon.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post

Truer words have never been spoken. This is on my I don't need but will buy eventually list.

HAHAHAHA! You have the same problem that my wife says I have!!
    Jeepster Chris
    Queen Creek, AZ
    '14 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, '08 Wrangler, '08 Commander, '73 Commando, '68 Jeepster...It's a sickness...

Being from Ohio when we wheel at night we are to close to use those monster bars. You end up blinding all the people in front if you. I instead have 4 pairs of duallys mounted at different levels. This gives me options to disperse my light. Also they are all at or below the hood. This prevents glare or blinding my buddies.

I love the look of the 50" bars but for the price I got much more usable light from my bull bar and hood latch lights.

However, if I was wheeling with more than a few vehicle lengths on the trail I'd totally be rocking a 50".

Hooked
    I just want one because I like the way they look.

Quote Originally Posted by heybob View Post
    Being from Ohio when we wheel at night we are to close to use those monster bars. You end up blinding all the people in front if you. I instead have 4 pairs of duallys mounted at different levels. This gives me options to disperse my light. Also they are all at or below the hood. This prevents glare or blinding my buddies.

I love the look of the 50" bars but for the price I got much more usable light from my bull bar and hood latch lights.

However, if I was wheeling with more than a few vehicle lengths on the trail I'd totally be rocking a 50".
    I totally feel the same way about 50" light bars. For me the 20" and Dually's work more than fine. There's plenty of light to see down the trail here's how my set up looks ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1386636119.115766.jpg
    Most of the time when at night the head lights and Dually's have a nice spread, now add Trucklites or hid's and it would work great, but that's just my opinion.
    Everyone has different needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Krieger View Post
    I totally feel the same way about 50" light bars. For me the 20" and Dually's work more than fine. There's plenty of light to see down the trail here's how my set up looks...Most of the time when at night the head lights and Dually's have a nice spread, now add Trucklites or hid's and it would work great, but that's just my opinion.
    Everyone has different needs.
    Yeah...I honestly probably don't NEED one...but that line between need and want is a blurry faded line when it comes to my Jeep! I really think it looks great...now I'm just searching for pics of the setup...decisions, decisions...

I already have Truck-Lites, Duallys and a 10 inch bar...it's not like it's ever too dark in front of my Jeep at night...

Jeepster Chris
    Queen Creek, AZ

Hooked

Might be the best thing I've read in a long time. Rofl.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast