50" LED Light Bar..yes or no?

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I have a 50" bar from black box logistics and the rigid dualies as well as their 20" E-series bar on my bumper. Do I need it? Nope. It looks good though! Only complaint is that it seems to make more wind noise at speed. Th black box bar does come with a foam end cap mod that gets rid of the "whistling" that many complain about.

I agree with you all about using it in traffic r on group utings...that's a no-no...I do, however, commute 22 mile each way down non-lit back country roads every day, and aging the road lit up light high noon is the objective!:rock:

MoonyJohn

Eager to see the result. Im gonna get this bar sometime in the future.. I too drive alot of back roads, mountain roads, going out to the barn.. I could use the lighting to see the critters.

Get some good pictures of the light output from your cab. Thats all I care about!

:rock:

Eager to see the result. Im gonna get this bar sometime in the future.. I too drive alot of back roads, mountain roads, going out to the barn.. I could use the lighting to see the critters.

Get some good pictures of the light output from your cab. Thats all I care about!

:rock:

Will do! It arrives tomorrow and I'll put together an install and pic write up...

DCR JEEP

Just my humble opinion … If I am on the trail and the rig behind me fires up a 50” light bar, we are having some problems. :mad:
They are fine and money well spent if you are alone and on a heavily wooded trail or out in the desert. But on a run with other Jeeps? Turn that damn thing off. :asshat:

Lol. Especially when you look in your mirrors and all you see is light.

DCR JEEP

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387206298.815670.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387206312.535615.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387206327.468987.jpg

I've had a 50" and duallys on my jeep for almost a year now. They are pretty damn bright. Although I tried to get rid of the death whistling noise from the 50" but it failed so I've been turning up the radio for now. It was worth it though as long as no one is in front of you on trails...😵

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
attachment.php

Is this pic of the 50"? If so, either it's one of the worst 50" bars I have seen, or it's aimed straight down at the ground. My 50" lights up a good mile on a clear night.

supra_launch21v

I have a 50 inch SR Rigid lightbar. I had the whistle noise as well. I corrected the problem by flipping it upside down. Problem solved. It generates very little sound now.

Hack12

Not trying to go off topic but, being that one of the original questions was about mounts, I figured I'd revisit the subject. I find it hard to believe that the only mounts out there are $100+ name brands.

Anyone have an suggestions on a decent looking cheaper mount?

Last edited:

Trembley

I totally feel the same way about 50" light bars. For me the 20" and Dually's work more than fine. There's plenty of light to see down the trail here's how my set up looks View attachment 59712
Most of the time when at night the head lights and Dually's have a nice spread, now add Trucklites or hid's and it would work great, but that's just my opinion.
Everyone has different needs.

Krieger,

How did you mount your Dually's on your quarter pounder? I am considering a similar setup, with the amber lenses and all. I suppose if I got super creative with the cutter I could do some flush mounts in a similar location, but I'm just interested to hear how you did that.

Cheers
Ben

Alaska_jk

poison spyder will be releasing their double 50in mount soon. i got them to sell me one love wheeling with it at night. jeeptwins.jpg

Top Bottom