50" LED Light Bar..yes or no?

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Hack12
"Not trying to go off topic but, being that one of the original questions was about mounts, I figured I'd revisit the subject. I find it hard to believe that the only mounts out there are $100+ name brands.

Anyone have an suggestions on a decent looking cheaper mount?"

I went with the Rough Country mount for 50" LED.....it comes already powder coated with all the hardware for install.
http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-jk-upper-windshield-light-bar-mounts-70504.html
They are out of stock for now but should be available soon.......hope this helps you out or at the very least gives you a cheaper option.

Cheers :beer:

~Woodrow~

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

Hack12

Hack12
"Not trying to go off topic but, being that one of the original questions was about mounts, I figured I'd revisit the subject. I find it hard to believe that the only mounts out there are $100+ name brands.

Anyone have an suggestions on a decent looking cheaper mount?"

I went with the Rough Country mount for 50" LED.....it comes already powder coated with all the hardware for install.
http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-jk-upper-windshield-light-bar-mounts-70504.html
They are out of stock for now but should be available soon.......hope this helps you out or at the very least gives you a cheaper option.

Cheers :beer:

~Woodrow~

View attachment 62615
View attachment 62618

Thanks, I actually ended up ordering the same one. Should be arriving Monday.

Did you have any fitment problems? A few others on this thread said the RC mounts didn't really hug the a-pillar with the 52" light bar installed. If you have any closer pics of the mounts, specifically ones that show it from the back along the pillar, that'd be great!

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
That mount is made to fit a 50" LED........My guess is that the extra 1" on each side pushes the top of the mount out and thus makes the fitment not parallel with the A posts and creates the gap that some have expressed......I don't have that problem.....the mount is not flush with the A post on mine only because of the rubber gasket that is in place to separate the mount from the A post so there's no metal against metal.....the gap that creates after it's bolted on is minimal........I'll post pics soon to give you a visual.

~Woodrow~

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
That mount is made to fit a 50" LED........My guess is that the extra 1" on each side pushes the top of the mount out and thus makes the fitment not parallel with the A posts and creates the gap that some have expressed......I don't have that problem.....the mount is not flush with the A post on mine only because of the rubber gasket that is in place to separate the mount from the A post so there's no metal against metal.....the gap that creates after it's bolted on is minimal........I'll post pics soon to give you a visual.

~Woodrow~

image.jpg
Kind of a crappy picture with everything being the color black........there is a gap 3/4's of the way up the A post because the A post is curved.......but from there down it's pretty much flush sans the gasket......that gap up top may bother some but it doesn't bother me and to be honest I've never really noticed it.

DCR JEEP

attachment.php

Is this pic of the 50"? If so, either it's one of the worst 50" bars I have seen, or it's aimed straight down at the ground. My 50" lights up a good mile on a clear night.

HA... That's actually mine and has been off my jeep for almost a month now and up on craigslist. Yes it was pointed towards the ground. I guess I should have spent a grand on one of these big bad "rigids" all these people have then huh? And btw where is your 50" light bar picture at so I can talk shit about it too?

Top Bottom