50" LED Light Bar..yes or no?

Jersey_Devil

O sorry to the OP this light at night is great! I use it out here in the Jersey Pines at night and love it! It turns night to day!

Sent from my obama monitoring device

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386687569002.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386687569002.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 396
  • uploadfromtaptalk1386687604747.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386687604747.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 396
  • uploadfromtaptalk1386687628091.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386687628091.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 411
  • uploadfromtaptalk1386687656571.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386687656571.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 413

Elusive

never once have I been stuck somewhere thinking
"dang, if only I had more light I could drive out of here"

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
"That looks like the Inspired Engineering logo...that's the one I'm looking at! There sure are a lot of eBay choices tho"

It is and they gave me a great quote plus they are only 40 minutes south of me so I drove to their shop and they did the install with the A pillar switch right above my D2's switch....Sami the owner is a great guy and him and his partner did an awesome job on the install.....

As for lighting someone up who cuts you off.......only twice have I done this and they cut me hard enough to make my rig turn almost sideways so they totally deserved it.......I high-beamed my HIDs and switched on the D2's and gave them the 50".......I turned them off only when the paint started to smolder on their back decklid......it will burn your retinas out....debilitating for sure

Woodrow:beer:

P.S.: Love Snohomish County......I've done the Cascade Loop 3x and always start in Everett and go counter clockwise through the mountains......beautiful scenery.....you're lucky to live out there.....I'm jealous LOL.....Is the Flying Pig still open in Everett?.....well......enough hi-jacking on my part......my apologies OP

Last edited:

bl17z90

I light ppl up like a Christmas tree when they do! It's funny how clearly u can see their middle finger lmao

Sent from my obama monitoring device

I remember just you're winch gaurd light lit up the entire side of my Jeep as well as the ground and all around it.

1BAMFR

I recently bought a 50" eBay light bar for 250 and can't lie it's amazing and just as good as the highly priced competition!! If you wheel at night ots perfect if you don't I really don't see the purpose unless you like the look. I have the rough country mount and it fits perfectly nice and tight fit and the mount is fairly priced. Having used the light bar a few times now I would never not have one of these on my rig it literally turns night into day!! Well worth it IMO and the 50 puts any 10" or a pillar lights to shame trust me I have the rigid dually floods and they are basically useless when the 50 is on but they still look sexy lol

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

Which bar did you buy? Was the wiring simple?

mrmet1983

Perfect...I'm buying one!

They can be a little noisy but it's a very east instal just hook up a relay so u don't melt your switch cuz it's got about 300w of juice when on I think maybe I'm wrong but I put a relay on everything just as a safety precaution

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
Just my humble opinion … If I am on the trail and the rig behind me fires up a 50” light bar, we are having some problems. :mad:
They are fine and money well spent if you are alone and on a heavily wooded trail or out in the desert. But on a run with other Jeeps? Turn that damn thing off. :asshat:

1BAMFR

They can be a little noisy but it's a very east instal just hook up a relay so u don't melt your switch cuz it's got about 300w of juice when on I think maybe I'm wrong but I put a relay on everything just as a safety precaution

The light didn't come with a relay but you added one for extra safety?

Just my humble opinion … If I am on the trail and the rig behind me fires up a 50” light bar, we are having some problems. :mad:
They are fine and money well spent if you are alone and on a heavily wooded trail or out in the desert. But on a run with other Jeeps? Turn that damn thing off. :asshat:

hahahahaha, I just want to look "cool"!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheesy:

mattfl

Or you know, if you're the lead Jeep trying to get outta the trail when it's pitch black out. :beer:

bl17z90

I think a 20 inch on the front of the hood or on the bumper is probably a much more useful product.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

I'll let you know when I get mine. :D

mrmet1983

Once you have seen a 50 in action nothing comes close !! Is it overkill maybe for some but if your out in the open with no lights in sight a 50 turns night into day

Top Bottom