Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tumes younhave actually utilized your Hi Lift jacks?

Tumes younhave actually utilized your Hi Lift jacks?

So while I know that the jack makes a great recovery tool and people HAVE used them as an actual jack for their vehicles, I know that for many others it's one of those "have it juuuuust in case" items that might never be used in a lifetime of wheeling.

So I'm curious to hear from those for whom the Jack has been a lifesaver or really been of a benefit while on the trail. I've read a lot of stories where people used them just to see if they worked but that actually had a better tool for the job with them (winch, bottle Jack, etc. )

So anyone with any of these stories?

Nothing but a Thing mudmobeeler's Avatar
    I've used mine several times in several different instances when I didn't have a better tool. Used it as a winch before I got a winch. Used it as a jack to change a flat when I didn't have anything else or when the factory one failed. Used it to get myself out of some ruts a few times also.

I've also used it on loaded trailers to change flats. 2 ton trucks, tractors and other equipment, etc. My grandfather grew up farming and working with tractors and other equipment. He was a firm believer in them and have me mine when I graduated high school. He passed a month later.

It's also currently holding my porch up. Lol. We have to address that problem when we return from vacation.

I believe it's a great tool to have but it does come with some knowledge of use and the dangers it does present. So it isn't for everybody. It's also not always the greatest tool for the job.
    2014 JKUR named NORDNDD.

Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ing-of-NoRdNdd

Used one my first time wheeling with you guys. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437240363.740207.jpg
    2015 JKU Rubicon / 3.5" Metalcloak Gamechanger ARB Suspension / AEV Pintlers and 35" KM2s / Warn VR10 / Smittybilt and Barricade Bumpers / EVO Sliders and Rock Skins / EVO Pro Tek 3 Piece Skids / Evo Control Arm Skids and C Gussets / Custom Raised Rear Shock Mounts / ARB Diff Cover / AFE Y Pipe / Underhood ARB Compressor / Dominion Roll Bar Hi-Lift Mount / Panda (r) Fender Chop

The handles can make some killer trail repair sleeves! Sorry, I don't have any pictures but use your imagination!
    Not "living" but "loving" life always!

-
    Quote Originally Posted by JK_b/c_yolo View Post
    The handles can make some killer trail repair sleeves! Sorry, I don't have any pictures but use your imagination!
    Here ya go lol:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437245435.053454.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437245444.564341.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437245454.612828.jpg

One from another NorCal trip. This on on the Rubicon
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437266172.677474.jpg.
    Looks like I'm locked out. Why?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437268007.268492.jpg
    They do come in handy sometimes!

Thanks guys. Never would have thought about using them for the tires! I'm hoping I never actually need to test it out on the trail.

Just the normal way. Lift jeep, change tire, let back down. As per design.
    Not the best pic but Front passenger tire sidewall rip. Not my jeep but my hi-lift.

ForumRunner_20150721_135535.jpg
    '08 JKUR 6.0LS, 6L80
    EVO DTD, Evolever w/ Hi Clearance long arms
    40x13.50R17 Nitto TGs w/ KMC Machettes
    Dana 60, Sterling 10.5
    EVO stuff
    Evo Pro & Warn Zeon
    Evo Tire Carrier

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast