Tumes younhave actually utilized your Hi Lift jacks?

mikefishes

LOL!! Glad to hear I was able to share something useful here. :cool:

You have no idea.. It was late and after putting together 5 slabs, I realized that the fifth was assembled without a valve stem... I was beside myself. I had struggled to figure out how to get my hand in there to place the stem. Worked like a charm!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Bout time! Haha!

I know, I know - I really should try to post up more often :crazyeyes: :D

You have no idea.. It was late and after putting together 5 slabs, I realized that the fifth was assembled without a valve stem... I was beside myself. I had struggled to figure out how to get my hand in there to place the stem. Worked like a charm!

LOL!! Oh man, that must have sucked to realize. Glad that I was able to help :yup:

bekel

I used one a lot in the mid 90's on my yj mainly as to pull myself out so some shit that I would try an make in my mostly stock yj at the time. Then I saved up an got a winch and it has been mostly in its holder ever since lol

hogtyed

My brother and I decided to go through a mud hole that was deeper than we thought. Of course we got stuck :doh:. The closest thing to winch to was about 4' shy of the winch rope & straps. After pondering for a few minutes :hmm: We decided to put the Hi Lift between the straps & winch rope. Hi Lift to the rescue.

I used one on a Toyota Hilux (think 4 door diesel Tacoma) in Africa once. We unintentionally buried the front end in mud while out in the bush on the way to pick up our translator at his church. The front bumper was right next to solid ground and had high lift points. Was able to lift it and get boards under the tires so we could drive out.

jeeeep

Hooked
I bought one when I bought my 2010 since the bumpers I was looking at had Hi-lift cutouts, changed my mind on the bumpers and just got another bottle jack. also use the scissor jack on the AEV block or wood blocks I have. It's a brand new Hi-lift and still has the wrapping on it... more stuff in the bought and never used pile :doh:

The reason I don't use one if I can avoid it is I had a Hi-Lift handle let go after changing a tire on a CJ I owned a long time ago. had just finished changing the tire, smacked the tire with my hand and I guess that was enough movement for the Hi-Lift handle to let go. I felt that handle whiz fast near the side of my head I never used it again after that.

Top Bottom