View Poll Results: Are you happy with the spring rates that came on your EVO Bolt-On Coil Overs?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am competely satified with the spring rates I got out of the box.

19 35.19%
  • No. I wish they came with a softer spring rate

5 9.26%
  • No. I wish they came with a heavier spring rate

30 55.56%
Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Are You Happy with Your EVO Bolt-On Coil Over Springs?

Question Are You Happy with Your EVO Bolt-On Coil Over Springs?

So, I ran into a guy who had EVO Bolt-On Coil Overs and he started to ask about the spring rates we were running on Rubicat back when we were running the same setup. He was telling me that he's looked at our old photos and videos and was wondering how we were able to get the stance we had. More specifically, he wanted to know what spring rates we were running. Bringing me over to his Jeep, he showed me how much preload he had to set on his front coil overs just to get a decent ride height. He also complained about sag and bottoming out he was having in the rear. This got me thinking about how often I hear this from people who own the EVO Bolt-On Coil Over kit and so I wanted to hear from you. If you have this coil over set up on your Jeep JK Wrangler, are you happy with the spring rates you got out of the box? If not and you were able to get it fixed, what spring rates did you end up going with to get the ride you want? Inquiring minds want to know.

I have yet to really test my setup out, but I am running 250/250 front and also 250/250 rear and I am happy with them so far.

Eddie what were you running? Unless I missed it on your post.

Quote Originally Posted by hinrichs View Post
    I have yet to really test my setup out, but I am running 250/250 front and also 250/250 rear and I am happy with them so far.

Just before we upgraded to the DTD, I believe we were running 250/300 up front and 300/350 in the rear. We carry a ton of gear and it was the only way to keep the rear end up. Even at that, we ended up having to set some preload on them.

-
    Quote Originally Posted by hinrichs View Post

<300 miles.... I think it's hard to make any comment yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jnabird333 View Post
    <300 miles.... I think it's hard to make any comment yet.
    Oh hush.....Im sure Russ was very happy with them lol Plus its more like 5 miles

-
    I have been satisfied with the springs out of the box so far, with that being said - I run pretty light and am currently set very close to the lowest possible ride height/preload. I don't carry a extra jeep in my jeep however that is changing fast - I even noticed a difference with adding the ARB fridge. Today or tomorrow I will be adding about a inch to my preload to get the Jeep up a little and we will see how that does. I could see how many would think they might be a little soft - but so far I love the soft ride. Work in progress

I think it would be great if they could be ordered with the spring rate people want. like a drop down bracket for locker options on vendors pages. I like the rate that I have but when she is load she kinda needs the next level. almost need a DD set and a wheeling set.

blue jeep is 250/250 front and 200/250 rear
    green is 200/250 rear only

I am fine with the front, have about 1.5" of preload there. But the back not so much. I wanted it as low as possible but was bottoming out on pavement. Pretty harsh bang (I have king bumps).

Eventually I got stiffer springs from EVO and dialed in about 2" of gap between the bump extension and the stop. It rides much better and only bottoms occasionally. I'm not with the jeep right now so not sure what the springs are, but I think 250/350 in the back. Still std in the front.

Dave

-
    Quote Originally Posted by dchew View Post
    I am fine with the front, have about 1.5" of preload there. But the back not so much. I wanted it as low as possible but was bottoming out on pavement. Pretty harsh bang (I have king bumps).

Eventually I got stiffer springs from EVO and dialed in about 2" of gap between the bump extension and the stop. It rides much better and only bottoms occasionally. I'm not with the jeep right now so not sure what the springs are, but I think 250/350 in the back. Still std in the front.

Dave
    I'm really new to the whole coil-over thing but wouldn't adjusting the timing ring help the heavier coil engage more quickly and keep you from a hard bumpstop hit?

Yes that's right. My timing rings are like 1/2" away at rest. Probably need even stiffer springs. I'm not dialing it in any more because I'm in the process of installing the rear lever DTD.

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast