New Mopar 4" lift kit

Buneewunee

I'm having the Mopar 4" lift kit installed on my 2015 JKUR Hard Rock. Does anybody have one installed on their JKUs? How do you like it and any issues?

swampdog

Have you already purchased the kit? From my understanding, it is a re-branded teraflex kit and will most likely ride like a log wagon.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
As mentioned its a re branded lift kit from another company and its more money. If you can cancel it I would.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Have you already purchased the kit? From my understanding, it is a re-branded teraflex kit and will most likely ride like a log wagon.

This ^^^^

I have installed and run the TeraFlex lift and I personally would NOT recommend it. I blew out bushings all the time and their coils were about the harshest I've ridden on.

Buneewunee

Well,,,,it's already being installed at the dealership. Long story short, I purchased my Jeep at Simi Valley Jeep in Simi Valley, Ca (for future shoppers, don't go there). Before driving it off the lot, I noticed the dome light wasn't working. I took it in the next day and two months later, I got it back (with trim pieces out of place, wires dangling down in the footwell and even found a miscellaneous bolt on the rear floor board). So after a long back and forth with Chrysler and the dealership, they gave me a maxcare lifetime warranty, so I decided to play it safe and go with a Mopar product and dealer installation, so they don't give me crap about warranty issues in the future. Otherwise I would've gotten something else.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well,,,,it's already being installed at the dealership. Long story short, I purchased my Jeep at Simi Valley Jeep in Simi Valley, Ca (for future shoppers, don't go there). Before driving it off the lot, I noticed the dome light wasn't working. I took it in the next day and two months later, I got it back (with trim pieces out of place, wires dangling down in the footwell and even found a miscellaneous bolt on the rear floor board). So after a long back and forth with Chrysler and the dealership, they gave me a maxcare lifetime warranty, so I decided to play it safe and go with a Mopar product and dealer installation, so they don't give me crap about warranty issues in the future. Otherwise I would've gotten something else.

No need to explain yourself to us. You just asked if "anybody have one installed on their JKUs? How do you like it and any issues?" We're just answering the question :yup:

WJCO

Meme King
So after a long back and forth with Chrysler and the dealership, they gave me a maxcare lifetime warranty, so I decided to play it safe and go with a Mopar product and dealer installation, so they don't give me crap about warranty issues in the future. Otherwise I would've gotten something else.

Make sure you have something in writing about this. I have seen MANY dealer installed add-on modifications that still cause issues when it comes to warranty claims. Get all your ducks in a row.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Make sure you have something in writing about this. I have seen MANY dealer installed add-on modifications that still cause issues when it comes to warranty claims. Get all your ducks in a row.

This ^^^

ttfhell with his dealership installed Mopar CAI and them not willing to warranty his motor after it developed severe oil consumption problems.

Buneewunee

How long ago did u have the teraflex on ur jeep? From what I've researched, I heard that they are actually being made by Mopar and not being rebranded as Mopar.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How long ago did u have the teraflex on ur jeep?

It was years ago but nothing has changed in the design of it since. But, you can believe whatever it is you want to believe. :yup:

From what I've researched, I heard that they are actually being made by Mopar and not being rebranded as Mopar.

LOL!! Clearly, your "research" is much better than my "knowledge". Not like I personally know the senior designer or chief engineer at FCA or anything. :cool:

Buneewunee

Ok. Thanks. I don't know you or have researched you and had no knowledge of your credentials. But now I do. Thanks for your input.

SteelBadger

I have TF coils. I can only speak to stock vs. 2.5" TF as this is my only experience. The coils are hard and the ride is definitely a little rougher than stock in my opinion. I don't mind it but others may.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I have TF coils. I can only speak to stock vs. 2.5" TF as this is my only experience. The coils are hard and the ride is definitely a little rougher than stock in my opinion. I don't mind it but others may.

A little? Pissing blood after driving the jeep is more than a little.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok. Thanks. I don't know you or have researched you and had no knowledge of your credentials. But now I do. Thanks for your input.

When the JK first came out, Mopar lifts were made by Super Lift. They were later made by Rubicon Express and they now are made by TeraFlex. Pretty much ALL Mopar aftermarket products are made by companies. The current 4" lift will come with other goodies that aren't normally included in a TeraFlex kit like a drive shaft and if I recall, an AEV drag link flip kit but otherwise, the coils are the same as are the control arms.

Buneewunee

I see. Thanks. Well, I guess it's too late anyways. They're already installing it, so I guess it's kinda moot asking after the fact[emoji23]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I see. Thanks. Well, I guess it's too late anyways. They're already installing it, so I guess it's kinda moot asking after the fact[emoji23]

LOL!! That's about it - a moot point now. That being said, you'll be fine with it and really, you may not even know what you don't like about it being that you don't have anything else to compare it to.

Top Bottom