New Mopar 4" lift kit

MTG

Caught the Bug
Ok. Thanks. I don't know you or have researched you and had no knowledge of your credentials. But now I do. Thanks for your input.

FYI-He's probably forgotten more than most people know and he's also the one that owns this site and makes all the cool videos. :thumb:

trailraider

I just pulled out my procomp springs and put in the Mopar 4" springs. rides much better then the procomp.

get the dealer to give you the install instructions when they are done.

it has all the part #'s listed as to what is in the kit and they are all Chrysler part #'s so can be replaced easily if one shits the bed.

SteelBadger

LOL!! That's about it - a moot point now. That being said, you'll be fine with it and really, you may not even know what you don't like about it being that you don't have anything else to compare it to.

That is what I was thinking about myself too LOL.

Just have fun with your lift/Jeep and down the road up-grade when you can. Just check with the folks on this forum first. I know I will be when/if I can afford better.

Flexy

King Retard
I've got the Teraflex 2.5" kit. The ride is definitely stiffer than stock. Not sure if it's the springs or the shocks, but I prefer this over the oem. The front springs did sag about an inch after adding a Warn CTI and heavy bumper.

chitown35

LOSER
This was one of the kits I researched. FYI Mopar told me that their lifetime warranty only covers the 2" lift. And if you read the fine print and jump from definition to definition, they can cancel your lifetime warranty for anything that falls outside of the factory specs. But you can always cancel the lifetime warranty for a pro rated refund if you desire.

chitown35

LOSER
And even if you have something in writing from the dealer, the terminology may be an issue. The dealer cannot speak for the warranty guarantor (Mopar).

Mopar also told me it is their policy not to ever issue anything in writing, fax, or email :thumbdown:

Buneewunee

Yup...I called the warranty people, too. Every time I call, I get a different answer. One said only Mopar 2" lift is covered, another said any Mopar lift is covered, another said you can't go up in tire size, another said you can go up two tire sizes, etc. Even asking service managers at different dealerships, I got different answers. One guy even told me to keep my stock tires and put them back on before taking it in for a warranty repair. But the service manager said he'd cover any warranty issues that is caused by the Mopar lift because his dealership sold it and installed it. I hope he's a man of his word. But, I guess I'll have to wait and see. [emoji16]

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
When the JK first came out, Mopar lifts were made by Super Lift. They were later made by Rubicon Express and they now are made by TeraFlex. Pretty much ALL Mopar aftermarket products are made by companies. The current 4" lift will come with other goodies that aren't normally included in a TeraFlex kit like a drive shaft and if I recall, an AEV drag link flip kit but otherwise, the coils are the same as are the control arms.

This is not true any more. The new MOPAR 2" and 4" lift kits were completely designed in house. The first ones years ago were rebranded superlift then they switched to teraflex kits with their speed bumps. But the new ones released 2 years ago were a total ground up design in house.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is not true any more. The new MOPAR 2" and 4" lift kits were completely designed in house. The first ones years ago were rebranded superlift then they switched to teraflex kits with their speed bumps. But the new ones released 2 years ago were a total ground up design in house.

Really?? Okay, fair enough. I'll be honest and say that I haven't followed every change that Mopar has made and if this new kit came out 2 years ago, it's clearly something I missed. Being that this is coming from you, I can only assume the info is accurate. Unless I'm missing something, the rear tire carrier is still TeraFlex though, right? Also, between Superlift and TeraFlex, Mopar was selling rebranded Rubicon Express.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Really?? Okay, fair enough. I'll be honest and say that I haven't followed every change that Mopar has made and if this new kit came out 2 years ago, it's clearly something I missed. Being that this is coming from you, I can only assume the info is accurate. Unless I'm missing something, the rear tire carrier is still TeraFlex though, right? Also, between Superlift and TeraFlex, Mopar was selling rebranded Rubicon Express.

Yes you are right, many of the parts like the tire carrier are still rebranded parts. Tony C designed and tuned the lifts, the 2" actually rides surprisingly well. Put thousands of miles on and off road on it. I've never driven the 4" so cannot offer personal experience on that one.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes you are right, many of the parts like the tire carrier are still rebranded parts. Tony C designed and tuned the lifts, the 2" actually rides surprisingly well. Put thousands of miles on and off road on it. I've never driven the 4" so cannot offer personal experience on that one.

Okay, I remember Tony telling me about wanting to make something like that. Glad to hear he was finally able to do it.

trailraider

it rides really good. its one of my favorite boxed kits to do.I switched my own Jeep to the coils from the kit. the only issue I have is the steering damper they have in it tends to push a little hard so I would use the factory stabilizer or if you want upgrade to the fox through shaft.

boardsurfer

I'm having the Mopar 4" lift kit installed on my 2015 JKUR Hard Rock. Does anybody have one installed on their JKUs? How do you like it and any issues?

Ive got the 3 inch version. I don't think it's that bad, but im also in the "not much to compare it to" group.

The first thing you will want to do is let some air out of the tires. Dealerships love to crank those babies up 40+psi. Take it down to 28-30 and then take a drive. Of course, your tpms will complain, but it's better than bleeding kidneys.

Buneewunee

So I got my jeep back from the dealership with the Mopar 4" lift kit and 35" BFGoodrich mud terrains on Procomp 17" x 9" wheels. Looks great (will post pictures later. But I noticed my steering wheel is a bit shakey. My TPMS reads 38 to 40 PSI. I guess I'll have to air down a bit to see if the shakiness goes away. Or is it something else?

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
So I got my jeep back from the dealership with the Mopar 4" lift kit and 35" BFGoodrich mud terrains on Procomp 17" x 9" wheels. Looks great (will post pictures later. But I noticed my steering wheel is a bit shakey. My TPMS reads 38 to 40 PSI. I guess I'll have to air down a bit to see if the shakiness goes away. Or is it something else?

Depends what you mean by shakey? Definitely drop them to 30psi, see how it goes and then do a chalk test to dial it in.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

A speed related shimmy in the steering wheel is almost always a tire balancing issue. This is common with big off road tires. Take it back and have them give it another go.

Top Bottom