New Mopar 4" lift kit

Studfam24

Try balancing beads instead. Truckers have been using them forever. Ran them on a few jeeps now and never once had an issue.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Try balancing beads instead. Truckers have been using them forever. Ran them on a few jeeps now and never once had an issue.

:cheesy: to each their own. I've always seen balancing beads to be nothing more than snake oil. A good road force balancer will get the job done well and if you use tape weights, you'll have nothing to knock off on the trail. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Buneewunee

Finally took some pics of my jeep with the Mopar 4" lift kit with 35" BF Goodrich mud terrains. I aired down to 33/34 psi and the handling is still shakey (meaning vibrating side to side about an inch side to side). It looks great, but I'm taking it back to the dealership on Monday so they can dial it in and get rid of the shakiness.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462685508.154001.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462685538.891364.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462685580.528433.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462685607.815603.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462685636.702477.jpg

Jmjnewbold

I've never seen a dealership use or recommend "balancing beads". With the OP doing most everything through the dealer I highly doubt that's an option he will consider. Also, I have to agree that balancing beads have been seen as snake oil, and a royal PITA when a customer wants a tire repaired, changed, etc. If it works for you, and your satisfied then that's all that really matters.

steve091

I have the 2 inch kit and yes it does ride more harsh than stock. I just installed JKS front control arm drop brackets which smoothed out the ride 100% which may lead me to a long arm kit in the future, but for now it works and was cheap....yeah yeah yeah it drops the lower arm a few inches but whatever. My biggest complaint, and I am not sure about the shocks on the 4 inch kit, but my rear Fox shocks keep failing. I have a Smittybilt Atlas rear bumper with tire carrier and I think the shocks/springs cant handle that weight plus a 34 inch spare tire. I am calling fox today to ask wtf? The first set of rear shocks lasted one month and every bad spot on the road resulted in a loud sharp thud in the back, and I did check all the bolts in the bumper and tested it without the spare tire...very harsh.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Finally took some pics of my jeep with the Mopar 4" lift kit with 35" BF Goodrich mud terrains. I aired down to 33/34 psi and the handling is still shakey (meaning vibrating side to side about an inch side to side). It looks great, but I'm taking it back to the dealership on Monday so they can dial it in and get rid of the shakiness.
View attachment 202197 View attachment 202198 View attachment 202199 View attachment 202200 View attachment 202201

Looks good. [emoji106]

Buneewunee

Thanks.
Took it back to the dealer this morning at 0730 and haven't even received an update call (it's 1730 now). I gave the service manager a list of things to check up on.....
- steering wheel vibrations/shimmy and veh all over the road
- scratches on two of my brand new wheels
- right side of jeep sits approx 0.5-0.75 inches lower than the left side
- loud clicking noise coming from front left sway bar connect when rocking the
jeep side to side
- thin rubber hose touching the front left shock (the thin part that goes into
the big cylindrical part (as u can see, I'm no mechanic, lol)
- a wire harness touching the front, left lower control arm
(The last two,,,,nothing a zip tie can't fix, but I wanted to show them their lack
of attention details)
Anyways, I'm just venting. I should've taken it to a reputable 4x4 specialty shop, but Chrysler gave me a free lifetime warranty due to an electrical problem I had when I bought it. So I didn't want to give them any reason to void it.

Jmjnewbold

My understanding is the right side sitting lower is fairly common. I have seen that complaint several times. Not sure why, maybe the gas tank?

Thanks.
Took it back to the dealer this morning at 0730 and haven't even received an update call (it's 1730 now). I gave the service manager a list of things to check up on.....
- steering wheel vibrations/shimmy and veh all over the road
- scratches on two of my brand new wheels
- right side of jeep sits approx 0.5-0.75 inches lower than the left side
- loud clicking noise coming from front left sway bar connect when rocking the
jeep side to side
- thin rubber hose touching the front left shock (the thin part that goes into
the big cylindrical part (as u can see, I'm no mechanic, lol)
- a wire harness touching the front, left lower control arm
(The last two,,,,nothing a zip tie can't fix, but I wanted to show them their lack
of attention details)
Anyways, I'm just venting. I should've taken it to a reputable 4x4 specialty shop, but Chrysler gave me a free lifetime warranty due to an electrical problem I had when I bought it. So I didn't want to give them any reason to void it.

Any update?

Buneewunee

Thanks.
Dealership fixed everything.
The clicking noise was because the bolt for the swaybar was not tightened enough. That helped out the steering shimmy a bit, but it still shakes/vibrates a bit over small bumps on the road.
After the lift and tires, I now hear a soft screeching noise after the jeep is driven for about 5 minutes (I started a different thread for that). They couldn't figure out where the sound is coming from, so they say. I'll take it to a different dealer next time and see if they can figure it out.

JeepJeep75

Can you show us a pic of the front suspension? Particularly the front track bar and draglink for the steering? I'm willing to bet that the draglink is at an angle that could be causing your steering wheel shimmy.

Buneewunee

I'll take a picture of it when I get a chance.
I'm using the Rugged Ridge Heavy Duty tire carrier (minus the hinges they sell). It seems to be working okay. I take the spare off, if I go wheeling, just in case it decides to break off the sheet metal. I'm just paranoid. I've just had bad luck with this jeep. I think it's jinxed.

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
I have the new Mopar 4" Lift on my 16 JKU. It is no longer a P number part and now has Full Factory Warranty. Same as regular suspension. Mine rides fantastic, much better than I anticipated.

I went from a OME lift on my JK, to this on my JKU and actually think it rides just as nice.

Plus since it has FULL FACTORY WARRANT it can be serviced anywhere in the country and not just the installing dealer.

No complaints here.

Last edited:

C_short15

I have the new Mopar 4" Lift on my 16 JKU. It is no longer a P number part and now has Full Factory Warranty. Same as regular suspension. Mine rides fantastic, much better than I anticipated.

I went from a OME lift on my JK, to this on my JKU and actually think it rides just as nice.

Plus since it has FULL FACTORY WARRANT it can be serviced anywhere in the country and not just the installing dealer.

No complaints here.

Stock rides like crap. So I sure hope it rides better then stock.

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
I'm running 35" Dick Cepek FC ATs.

I've had many jeeps with many different suspensions over 40+ years and I'm quite happy with the Mopar 4" kit.

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Couple of pics of my 16 JKU with the Mopar 4" lift

Attachments

• 1465535955640.jpg
    1465535955640.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 188
  • 1465536001246.jpg
    1465536001246.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 188
Top Bottom