2 Doors for Less Whores (pic heavy)

thereich

I've decided to throw my Jeep on here for some input from the WAL crowd. I started off making a mistake from day 1 and buying what I didn't really want. Now I can't bring myself to trade it in or sell it for anything else so I will keep buying parts for it. Some of this is out of order because I have had the jeep for over 2 years before starting this thread.
I started off with a new 2014 2 door Sport that had River Raider garbage scabbed on it from the idiots at River Raider themselves. It looked pretty on the lot and I fell into the trap. I was 19 and had a job that put me in a position to buy a new vehicle so I was too eager to get something NOW. Moving forward I decided to get everything they did off of it.

I took off their spacer lift and installed a 2.5" DualSport AEV kit with JKS quicker discos and adjustable rear links. I also got an EVO oil pan skid.

I knew I wanted a soft top so I picked one up "used" off craigslist for cheap. It was used for 2 weeks.

The bumpers and fenders had started to rust underneath the $hit coating RR did. They had to go. I also wasn't a fan of the 200-300lbs that came with them. I decided to go with EVO's rear frame tabs and aluminum cover. For the front I wanted to lighten it up so I went with GenRight's aluminum stubby.

I eventually picked up a set of stock flares to cut and replace the RR tube fenders. (Going back to stock after these is a pain due to half the mounting holes are 2x the size and don't hold the plastic clips anymore.)

New MTR'k in the 35" flavor. Those Fierces lasted 40k miles and still had half tread, I just quit rotating them and they cupped.

I bought a used Warn M8000 off someone local for cheap and stripped it down and rebuilt everything and strung it back up with some new TRE rope and Safety Thimble.

I also made a number of trips to Rock Run during this process. First trip being at 900 miles on the odometer.

Some pictures will be added when photobucket stops sucking.

Last edited:

thereich

I agree! ^^ and nice Jeep.

What kind of input are you looking for?

What kind of lift do I need for 42" tires? What is a long arm? :cheesy: Just jerkin you guys. Thanks for the kind words. I'll be going into a little more in depth work shortly and like having the extra brains when I need them. This winter will hopefully end with a new front axle and steering under the jeep. I am considering tackling the rear regear/locker myself but if I can find somewhere semi local that will back their work for a decent price I may go that route.

thereich

Sweet build so far! Happy to see you using it!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thank you! That's why I bought it. I hate seeing people buy a jeep to drive it to and from church.

On a different note. I'm very upset that I bought new tires recently.. The owner of PitBull tires vowed that if Trump won the election, all tires would be 50% off today only. So if you need tires, get on their site now. Use code 50DRAINTHESWAMP2416

YOU ARE WELCOME

CarolinaJK

Thank you! That's why I bought it. I hate seeing people buy a jeep to drive it to and from church.

On a different note. I'm very upset that I bought new tires recently.. The owner of PitBull tires vowed that if Trump won the election, all tires would be 50% off today only. So if you need tires, get on their site now. Use code 50DRAINTHESWAMP2416

YOU ARE WELCOME

I saw that! However my Mud Grapplers are wearing like iron [emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

thereich

I'm diggin the color! Is that black? ;)

2dr's for the win! Sweet rig!

Dude I read through your build thread probably four times. I was gonna call it quits on the aluminum with the bumpers until I saw yours and I hope you don't mind but I'll be copying with aluminum fenders someday.

On another note fellas :wings:

mojave5

Dude I read through your build thread probably four times. I was gonna call it quits on the aluminum with the bumpers until I saw yours and I hope you don't mind but I'll be copying with aluminum fenders someday.

On another note fellas :wings:

Thanks man, i appreciate it. They are actually powdercoated silver, although im redo-ing it this winter and might sand them down and do just clear coat over bare metal.

Top Bottom