2 Doors for Less Whores (pic heavy)

thereich

Today is a day when I'd love to express my hate towards River Raider but it's not completely their fault. I've been wanting to remove my sliders and strip the bed lining off of them and just paint them because the bed lining is peeling off everywhere. I got most of the bolts out of the nutserts but I am stuck with one on each side right under the door where I can't get to them from behind. It doesn't look like they used anything after they drilled the tub to avoid rust. I don't know how the hell im going to get them out. :grayno: I also have no idea how to replace these. I'm considering finding a company that will sell me rock skins so I can make my own bolt pattern instead of trying to use the current holes.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Today is a day when I'd love to express my hate towards River Raider but it's not completely their fault. I've been wanting to remove my sliders and strip the bed lining off of them and just paint them because the bed lining is peeling off everywhere. I got most of the bolts out of the nutserts but I am stuck with one on each side right under the door where I can't get to them from behind. I don't know how the hell im going to get them out. :grayno: I also have no idea how to replace these. I'm considering finding a company that will sell me rock skins so I can make my own bolt pattern instead of trying to use the current holes.

Any pictures of the trouble bolts? Also, how does River Raider play into this?

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
Today is a day when I'd love to express my hate towards River Raider but it's not completely their fault. I've been wanting to remove my sliders and strip the bed lining off of them and just paint them because the bed lining is peeling off everywhere. I got most of the bolts out of the nutserts but I am stuck with one on each side right under the door where I can't get to them from behind. I don't know how the hell im going to get them out. :grayno: I also have no idea how to replace these. I'm considering finding a company that will sell me rock skins so I can make my own bolt pattern instead of trying to use the current holes.

river raider is garbage which im sure you have noticed lol id try to get new skins and frame mounted sliders...

Ddays

Hooked
River Raider = Hauk Designs. Draw your own conclusions.......

I'd contact ORE/EVO and see if they will furnish the skins un-drilled. Not sure which of the two you'd contact for a modified product. Probably start with ORE.
That way you could drill & countersink the holes where you see fit. Worth a shot. Especially if you explained what happened. I'd also go frame mounted sliders.
Amazing what kind of punishment they wlll take.

WJCO

Meme King
If I were in your shoes and you will be putting some kind of skins back on, I would use a sawzall blade and try to cut the bolts as carefully as you can. Or drill them out. Sure sucks. At least with a black vehicle, the paint is easier to match.

Peak

Today is a day when I'd love to express my hate towards River Raider but it's not completely their fault. I've been wanting to remove my sliders and strip the bed lining off of them and just paint them because the bed lining is peeling off everywhere. I got most of the bolts out of the nutserts but I am stuck with one on each side right under the door where I can't get to them from behind. It doesn't look like they used anything after they drilled the tub to avoid rust. I don't know how the hell im going to get them out. :grayno: I also have no idea how to replace these. I'm considering finding a company that will sell me rock skins so I can make my own bolt pattern instead of trying to use the current holes.

GenRight sells some without holes that come with an adhesive so they just stick to the body.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Keggerbombs

Darn. There will always be a deal out there on tires somewhere. Idk about 50% off.. But there will always be deals

Big o tires here in Yuma just did buy two get two free on all tires for Veterans Day weekend, I'm not ready to make the jump up to 37s yet otherwise I would have jumped on it, almost wish I just bought em anyways hahahaha

thereich

Any pictures of the trouble bolts? Also, how does River Raider play into this?

This along with a lot of other issues I have is all tied to River Raider I.e Kenny Hauk. If you look in the first picture of my jeep and I at the dealership, it's covered in RR stickers and armor. The dealership had them put stuff on it to sell it that way new. Stupid me bought into the crap and bought it. The yard ape dumbasses that worked on it did a horrible job Afro engineering if you will, just about everything on it.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Oh the fun with PA and nutcerts....I am a pro with this one lol.

Its not too bad to remove bad certs if they are all rusted like what you are dealing with. To just get the skins off, carefully drill off the head of the offending bolt and you can get the skin off. I would suggest getting a tap set and re-tap all the certs just incase if you want to reinstall what you have, or will be using them again. It will be a pain tho to get the bolt out of the cert if you can't get a good grip on whats left of the bolt. To get a bad cert out, you need to slowly drill it out with a bit that will cut off the front "flange" of the cert and pop it back into the jeep, then you can install a new one.

Regardless what you do in the end, use antiseeze on all the bolts so you don't have this problem in the future :thumb:

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I know that the evo skins were originally designed to cover up other manufacturers holes, I'd give them a call! Might save you from having to drill them all yourself

thereich

Oh yeah hinrichs! I antiseize the crap out of everything. I've had to cut the trans skid section of the frame off a TJ and put new plate in with nuts welded to the inside part to thread bolts in.

GenRight sells some without holes that come with an adhesive so they just stick to the body.
WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm gonna have to give them a ring!

I know that the evo skins were originally designed to cover up other manufacturers holes, I'd give them a call! Might save you from having to drill them all yourself
WAYALIFE mobile app

Do you mean use the same pattern as other manufacturers or have different places to drill? I love GenRight and Evo (that's why it's the only parts that replace the River Raider garbage. I'll have to call both and see what's up. I haven't read enough about the weld on frame sliders. I'm not afraid of the instal but does the frame hold up to the abuse? I'd love to get some raw aluminum skins and do steel sliders over them painted a secret color.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Oh yeah hinrichs! I antiseize the crap out of everything. I've had to cut the trans skid section of the frame off a TJ and put new plate in with nuts welded to the inside part to thread bolts in.

I'm gonna have to give them a ring!

Do you mean use the same pattern as other manufacturers or have different places to drill? I love GenRight and Evo (that's why it's the only parts that replace the River Raider garbage. I'll have to call both and see what's up. I haven't read enough about the weld on frame sliders. I'm not afraid of the instal but does the frame hold up to the abuse? I'd love to get some raw aluminum skins and do steel sliders over them painted a secret color.

I believe with different holes to actually cover it all up
The frame will definitely hold up to the install, although I still would be careful to not overheat it.

thereich

I drilled the head of the beveled allen bolt that held these on until it was close to the shaft of the bolt then used a punch to break the head off and hopefully leave enough of the bolt to be able to grab it with vice grips. Unfortunately there isn't enough bolt material left nor is there enough of a flange to grab onto. I might have to get a little weird with the dremel or something to get these the rest of the way out. I don't know what to do. :furious3: I will send River Raider my appreciation for their craftsmanship though.

WJCO

Meme King
I drilled the head of the beveled allen bolt that held these on until it was close to the shaft of the bolt then used a punch to break the head off and hopefully leave enough of the bolt to be able to grab it with vice grips. Unfortunately there isn't enough bolt material left nor is there enough of a flange to grab onto. I might have to get a little weird with the dremel or something to get these the rest of the way out. I don't know what to do. :furious3: I will send River Raider my appreciation for their craftsmanship though.

Can you weld? You could weld a nut on the end and then wrench it out. Also, if you cut a slot in it with a dremel cutoff wheel, you can then use a screwdriver maybe. Glad you got them off, but sucks about the trouble you had to go through.

Ddays

Hooked
Yeah, typical bullshit eastern rash. Those nutserts look bad. I'm glad I installed stainless ones. They're not cheap but better than rusting out like that. You were asking earlier how strong the weld-on sliders are?
If there's one thing about that style slider you DON'T have to worry about is how strong they are. They will support the whole weight of the Jeep coming down on them. You can use them to pivot yourself around an obstacle.
You can use them as a jack point .These are one of the strongest parts of the Jeep.

PS: soak them in some PB Blaster for a day of so - that will probably help a lot.

thereich

I CAN weld but, my dad welds for a living so he's the one to do it.

I'm considering seeing if we can crank his welder down enough to weld these holes shut then grind them smooth and redo with some new skins and then I will probably go with a frame mounted slider. Why couldn't I have just bought a stock jeep and done this all the way I really wanted the first time?

thereich

How about a hole saw on the back side? Then attach a bolt from there. You can also try a uni bit to drill out. It worked for one of mine.
WAYALIFE mobile app

Can you elaborate on what you mean with the hole saw? Do you mean punch a hole on the inside/cab side to access the inner part? I know I have holes all over my jeep but I'd like to avoid punching a big hole like that in it.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
When I had to drill one of the bolts out, it took a lot of drill bits slowly stepping my way up untill I could break the bolt out, then I went after the offending certs with a slightly larger drill bit to just drill off the "flange" and then they pop out/in

Top Bottom