Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Eddie, you're a douche bag and everyone knows it!

Hey Eddie, you're a douche bag and everyone knows it!

I've been running the teraflex repezza joint for a while now with no issues due to the original getting torn. No specialty tools were needed when I replaced mine. It does come with a tool for the new Ball head hex bolts but I don't consider that a specialty tool as I already have a set of these.

If you can't get a new driveshaft then buy the teraflex repezza joint. You won't regret it and watch the video they have for the install on YouTube and follow those and you'll be fine.

Also the teraflex allows more driveline angle than the stock but be careful as now the weakest link will be the front driveshaft hitting the exhaust at full drop which will then cause the middle boot to tear. But I have the exhaust extenders so I don't have to worry about this.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by monk4life; 11-19-2016 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by monk4life View Post
    I've been running the teraflex repezza joint for a while now with no issues due to the original getting torn. No specialty tools were needed when I replaced mine. It does come with a tool for the new Ball head hex bolts but I don't consider that a specialty tool as I already have a set of these.

If you can't get a new driveshaft then buy the teraflex repezza joint. You won't regret it and watch the video they have for the install on YouTube and follow those and you'll be fine.

Also the teraflex allows more driveline angle than the stock but be careful as now the weakest link will be the front driveshaft hitting the exhaust at full drop which will then cause the middle boot to tear. But I have the exhaust extenders so I don't have to worry about this.

powerfist first post.jpg.............
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

How much lift are you running? If you're at 3" or higher it's going to tear again it's only a matter of time. Less lift and you'll probably be ok

LOL!! I realize this might be hard for you to understand being that Teraflex did such a great job on selling you their product but more driveline angle IS what causes the CV boot to fail prematurely. I'll bet they've also got you sold on one of their HD Dana 30's.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd.gunman View Post
    How much lift are you running? If you're at 3" or higher it's going to tear again it's only a matter of time. Less lift and you'll probably be ok
    This ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by frenchjk View Post
    97 bucks for the complete kit on Amazon.........here: https://www.amazon.com/Crown-Automot.../dp/B00ES4WQYM

maybe worthit until you can afford those new shafts which you definitely will have to do as Eddie wrote.
    Only worth it if he "needs" to go off roading. I find it hard to imagine that he couldn't get a free front shaft from a member here - at least, everyone I knew used to give them away.

The Original Smartass piginajeep's Avatar

Please hold your breath and don't exhale on this forum any longer.

2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)
    1953 M38A1

Quote Originally Posted by piginajeep View Post
    Please hold your breath and don't exhale on this forum any longer.

Lol

Front Driveshaft repair?

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    LOL!! I realize this might be hard for you to understand being that Teraflex did such a great job on selling you their product but more driveline angle IS what causes the CV boot to fail prematurely. I'll bet they've also got you sold on one of their HD Dana 30's.

LOL!!

This ^^^^

Only worth it if he "needs" to go off roading. I find it hard to imagine that he couldn't get a free front shaft from a member here - at least, everyone I knew used to give them away.
    And I too realize this might be hard for you to understand but WOW, you come off as a total jerk. If you're the owner of this forum then you are the most unprofessional person that should consider being more polite to new forum members. Especially ones who just joined but have had nothing but Jeeps over the last 30 years and perhaps a bigger knowledge and how-to base than you seem to think.

Teraflex didn't "sell" me anything, I actually did my homework. I have not had any issues rock climbing with the teraflex repezza joint in Texas nor Colorado with a 3.5" metalcloak lift. When my stock front driveshaft and Dana 44 completely fails I'll replace it with my Dana 60 I have sitting in my garage. Until then we will just have to agree to disagree.
    Last edited by monk4life; 11-27-2016 at 07:07 PM.

And I too realize this might be hard for you to understand but WOW, you come off as a total jerk. If you're the owner of this forum then you are the most unprofessional person that should consider being more polite to new forum members. Especially ones who just joined but have had nothing but Jeeps over the last 30 years and perhaps a bigger knowledge and how-to base than you seem to think.

Teraflex didn't "sell" me anything, I actually did my homework. I have not had any issues rock climbing with the teraflex repezza joint in Texas nor Colorado with a 3.5" metalcloak lift. When my stock front driveshaft and Dana 44 completely fails I'll replace it with my Dana 60 I have sitting in my garage. Until then we will just have to agree to disagree.
    You sure do think highly about yourself don't you?

Despite what you may think excessive driveline angles on a cv joint will cause it to fail. Maybe now but eventually.

And I too realize this might be hard for you to understand but WOW, you're a total jerk.
    And hear I thought you were man enough to not get butthurt over a whole lot of nothing - guess I was wrong.

If you're the owner of this forum then you are the most unprofessional person that should consider being professional.
    Ummm, yeah, welcome to my home on the internet. Don't like the way I choose to run my forum, don't have to be here.

Teraflex didn't "sell" me anything.
    If you say so. You sure had me fooled.

I did my homework unlike spouting my mouth off like you.
    Clearly, we all have our own idea of what "homework" is. Of course, I'm just a guy with a website and have no idea what I'm talking about.

I have not had any issues rock climbing with the teraflex repezza joint in Texas nor Colorado with a 3.5" metalcloak lift. When my stock front driveshaft and Dana 44 completely fails I'll replace it with my Dana 60 I have sitting in my garage.
    dde01a7a92aa19b4972b4fb097b332686e4ba1f0771b47994b0f28c71f175383.jpg

Do you need a "safe place" to go and cry because he wasn't polite to you? Go grow a pair
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast