Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Experinces with Cooper Discoverer STT Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by RCVRY View Post
    Eddie’s JK Write-up recommends 1/16” but no more than 1/8”

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    This ^^^^^^^

As you drive, your front tires pull outward and the idea of toe in is that they'll run parallel to each other when driving. Too much toe in will cause them to stay toe in even when driving.

Been Around the Block doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Doh. I am at 1/16". Don't know why I was thinking 1/8. Thanks for the input. Sounds like I'm good.

Been Around the Block Braxtonsag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Going long between rotations will cause an MT to howl. If you can stick to frequent rotations, I can almost guarantee you that they'll stay a LOT quieter.

Also, make sure you don't have too much toe in set. I see a lot of guys who think they need a lot more toe in just because they're running bigger tires. Too much toe in will cause your tires to wear a lot faster.
    I think mine are past the point of howling lmao I’ll probably check my Alignment again. Pretty sure I got it right right when I changed the tie rod but there’s always that margin for error. They’re not wearing irregularly other than how the lugs taper front to back

Just bought some cooper ST4’s. awesome, quiet, nice ride... great compromise for daily driver.

if it ain't broke!

Nothing but a Thing Red Knight15's Avatar

Experinces with Cooper Discoverer STT Pro's

I have 11k miles on 4 of mine had to replace one with a sidewall cut. (My fault).
    The one I replaced has 6200 miles on it and 4100 of that was to Moab and back to Alabama.
    The newest one is chunking terrible compared to the others that have more than twice the mileage.
    IMG_6380.jpgIMG_6388.jpgIMG_6389.jpgIMG_6386.jpg

Anybody else having this issue? Thinking this newest tire come from a bad batch maybe. I’m going to carry it back to the tire store and see what they have to say.
    My 3.8 isn’t exactly a tire shredder.

Weebz did that to his brand new set when we were at Drummond a couple weeks ago. But, I also did the same thing and mine are over 3 years old. Kinda thinking its the obstacles and the fact that these have pretty open lugs that can tear like that in rocks or ledges with jagged edges.
    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...build-of-Gruff

Gruff 2014 JKU Moneypit
    Badger 2019 JLUR waiting for scraps

Nothing but a Thing Red Knight15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Weebz did that to his brand new set when we were at Drummond a couple weeks ago. But, I also did the same thing and mine are over 3 years old. Kinda thinking its the obstacles and the fact that these have pretty open lugs that can tear like that in rocks or ledges with jagged edges.
    I really like the tires, but don’t know if I’ll buy anymore. Pictures don’t really show how bad that one tire is. Probably go to a Nitto or Maxxis.

Been Around the Block
    I've had MTR's, Toyo MT's, Coppers SST Pro's and Nittos Trail Grapplers. Nitto's better by far than the others in every way. Just look at the Hammers race and see what their running.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011jk View Post
    I've had MTR's, Toyo MT's, Coppers SST Pro's and Nittos Trail Grapplers. Nitto's better by far than the others in every way. Just look at the Hammers race and see what their running.
    LOL - right, because Nitto being heavily invested in KOH and sponsor most of the top Ultra4 drivers would have nothing to do with that. Honestly, that is just some stupid shit right there.

I've run all those tires and then some and honestly, I couldn't disagree with you more. When it comes to hooking up on the rocks, STT Pros have it or at least, in my opinion. When it comes to sidewall strength, Toyo MT's in a 37x13.50 with a load range E have it. MTR's just suck all the way around. In a 40, the Trail Grappler is probably what I would say is one of the best "all around tire" but I couldn't say the same about it in a 37.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    LOL - right, because Nitto being heavily invested in KOH and sponsor most of the top Ultra4 drivers would have nothing to do with that. Honestly, that is just some stupid shit right there.

I've run all those tires and then some and honestly, I couldn't disagree with you more. When it comes to hooking up on the rocks, STT Pros have it or at least, in my opinion. When it comes to sidewall strength, Toyo MT's in a 37x13.50 with a load range E have it. MTR's just suck all the way around. In a 40, the Trail Grappler is probably what I would say is one of the best "all around tire" but I couldn't say the same about it in a 37.
    What about 35s? Asking for a friend

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast