Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 227

Thread: Experinces with Cooper Discoverer STT Pro's

  1. #201
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    54,020
    Quote Originally Posted by RCVRY View Post
    Eddie’s JK Write-up recommends 1/16” but no more than 1/8”


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    This ^^^^^^^

    As you drive, your front tires pull outward and the idea of toe in is that they'll run parallel to each other when driving. Too much toe in will cause them to stay toe in even when driving.

  2. #202
    Been Around the Block doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    393
    Doh. I am at 1/16". Don't know why I was thinking 1/8. Thanks for the input. Sounds like I'm good.

  3. #203
    Been Around the Block Braxtonsag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Going long between rotations will cause an MT to howl. If you can stick to frequent rotations, I can almost guarantee you that they'll stay a LOT quieter.

    Also, make sure you don't have too much toe in set. I see a lot of guys who think they need a lot more toe in just because they're running bigger tires. Too much toe in will cause your tires to wear a lot faster.
    I think mine are past the point of howling lmao I’ll probably check my Alignment again. Pretty sure I got it right right when I changed the tie rod but there’s always that margin for error. They’re not wearing irregularly other than how the lugs taper front to back

  4. #204
    Knows a Thing or Two Gbint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Victoria B.C.
    Posts
    540
    Just bought some cooper ST4’s. awesome, quiet, nice ride... great compromise for daily driver.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    if it ain't broke!

  5. #205
    Nothing but a Thing Red Knight15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,997

    Experinces with Cooper Discoverer STT Pro's

    I have 11k miles on 4 of mine had to replace one with a sidewall cut. (My fault).
    The one I replaced has 6200 miles on it and 4100 of that was to Moab and back to Alabama.
    The newest one is chunking terrible compared to the others that have more than twice the mileage.
    IMG_6380.jpgIMG_6388.jpgIMG_6389.jpgIMG_6386.jpg

    Anybody else having this issue? Thinking this newest tire come from a bad batch maybe. I’m going to carry it back to the tire store and see what they have to say.
    My 3.8 isn’t exactly a tire shredder.

  6. #206
    Addict Ddays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Darlington, Pa
    Posts
    9,956
    Weebz did that to his brand new set when we were at Drummond a couple weeks ago. But, I also did the same thing and mine are over 3 years old. Kinda thinking its the obstacles and the fact that these have pretty open lugs that can tear like that in rocks or ledges with jagged edges.
    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...build-of-Gruff

    Gruff 2014 JKU Moneypit
    Badger 2019 JLUR waiting for scraps

  7. #207
    Nothing but a Thing Red Knight15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Weebz did that to his brand new set when we were at Drummond a couple weeks ago. But, I also did the same thing and mine are over 3 years old. Kinda thinking its the obstacles and the fact that these have pretty open lugs that can tear like that in rocks or ledges with jagged edges.
    I really like the tires, but don’t know if I’ll buy anymore. Pictures don’t really show how bad that one tire is. Probably go to a Nitto or Maxxis.

  8. #208
    Been Around the Block
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    san jose
    Posts
    358
    I've had MTR's, Toyo MT's, Coppers SST Pro's and Nittos Trail Grapplers. Nitto's better by far than the others in every way. Just look at the Hammers race and see what their running.

  9. #209
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    54,020
    Quote Originally Posted by 2011jk View Post
    I've had MTR's, Toyo MT's, Coppers SST Pro's and Nittos Trail Grapplers. Nitto's better by far than the others in every way. Just look at the Hammers race and see what their running.
    LOL - right, because Nitto being heavily invested in KOH and sponsor most of the top Ultra4 drivers would have nothing to do with that. Honestly, that is just some stupid shit right there.

    I've run all those tires and then some and honestly, I couldn't disagree with you more. When it comes to hooking up on the rocks, STT Pros have it or at least, in my opinion. When it comes to sidewall strength, Toyo MT's in a 37x13.50 with a load range E have it. MTR's just suck all the way around. In a 40, the Trail Grappler is probably what I would say is one of the best "all around tire" but I couldn't say the same about it in a 37.

  10. #210
    Addict JKbrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Leo, Indiana
    Posts
    8,231
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    LOL - right, because Nitto being heavily invested in KOH and sponsor most of the top Ultra4 drivers would have nothing to do with that. Honestly, that is just some stupid shit right there.

    I've run all those tires and then some and honestly, I couldn't disagree with you more. When it comes to hooking up on the rocks, STT Pros have it or at least, in my opinion. When it comes to sidewall strength, Toyo MT's in a 37x13.50 with a load range E have it. MTR's just suck all the way around. In a 40, the Trail Grappler is probably what I would say is one of the best "all around tire" but I couldn't say the same about it in a 37.
    What about 35s? Asking for a friend


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS