Experinces with Cooper Discoverer STT Pro's

2011jk

I found the Cooper STT Pro in a 37x13.50 to be WAY BETTER then the Trail Grapplers in a 37" size. The 40" Trail Grappler is a totally different tire and on the rocks, they're pretty similar to the STT Pro with the edge having to go to the STT Pro when especially when it comes to hooking up on the rocks. On snow/ice, the STT Pros are also still much better than the Trail Grapplers. Cornering fast in a sandy wash, the Trail Grapplers will do a better job of holding your line.

Thanks for the update.

gheller

For what it's worth, my stock Willys came with BFG KM's and they were fine except a bit slippery on wet road.
Switched over to STT Pros and find them to be much better on rainy and snow covered roads.
Mild humming noise on the highway from the aggressive treads but not bad, and honestly to me they are music to my ears. Very happy with my Coopers.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jtvegas

IMG_7381.JPG

Just installed the STT PRO's 37x12.50x17 and they drive amazing.
I was coming from a 35" bfg ko2 and can't believe the coopers drive just as smooth on the highway maybe even better than my ko2 that was E rated. I have also had procomp mud xtreme's and KM2's and the cooper feels way better.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Just want to share my most recent experience with my STT pros.

Today on a wheeling trip I happened to slice my sidewall......
IMG_7955.jpg

My tires are 37/12.5r17 so they are a load c tire. After talking to eddie I found out they have a softer sidewall for more comfort.

Although I did slice the tire today I can't say enough things about how well they perform on the road and off road! I have very little to no problems on obstacles at all!

Also I already reached out to discount tire and spoke to steve and they have already sent me out a new tire! Gotta love the warranty!

Andy5160

Hooked

Today on a wheeling trip I happened to slice my sidewall......
View attachment 268211

My tires are 37/12.5r17 so they are a load c tire. After talking to eddie I found out they have a softer sidewall for more comfort.

Although I did slice the tire today I can't say enough things about how well they perform on the road and off road! I have very little to no problems on obstacles at all!

Also I already reached out to discount tire and spoke to steve and they have already sent me out a new tire! Gotta love the warranty!

Wow,

What an awesome service.

How was the trip?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Discount Tire

Coz, sorry to see your damaged tire. Thank you for sharing your experience with us, glad to hear Steve took care of you.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Andy5160, sorry to see your damaged tire. Thank you for sharing your experience with us, glad to hear Steve took care of you.

Not that it really matters but it was Steve that had the tire failure, Andy just commented on it but Discount Tire did take care of it :thumb: :D

sheepdog02

!

I thought these were a load D tire in the 37x12.5x17 size:
37X12.50R17LT 124Q D BLK 8.5 - 11 10 13 36.77 75 3525 22

Any thoughts on the wear of the 12.5s vs the 13.5s. From what i can tell based on the discount tire reviews, the one comment I see popping up for the 12.5s is concern about wear. Of course most people don't have enough miles to be able to tell about how they will hold up, but i don't see similar concerns voiced in the 13.5s which are E rated. Anyone have any thoughts on whether the two will have similar lifespan? I was considering going with the 12.5s as well, as i have rims with 4 inches of backspacing that aren't beadlocks, and thought the load D might flex a little more at higher pressures.

WJCO

Meme King
I used mine on about 10 trails this summer. Absolutely love them. They really grab the rocks.

2011jk

Great tire air'd down only issue was 1 was out of round and another took 10oz's 35x12.5x15.
Cooper handled the warranty with Discount tire so painless to fix.

Jmo

Nitto left radial pull

More like exceeding my expectations. I always love to try out new tires but have always defaulted to Toyos as they've always proven to be all around good tires. Nitto Trail Grapplers in a 40" size were a great tire too but I didn't like them as much in a 37 - totally different tire. Unlike Trail Grapplers, Coopers don't have the strong radial pull to the left and so far, I have found them to hook up much better on the rocks. Coopers are slightly more audible on the highway but nothing I would consider to be loud or noisy.

Do the 40” nitto trail grapplers have the strong left radial pull like the 37’s?

Top Bottom