Experinces with Cooper Discoverer STT Pro's

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
To clarify the 40” nitto trail Grappler does not pull left?

I know the 37” trail Grappler pulls left bad because that’s what I have now.

To clarify, the 40" Nitto Trail Grapplers DO pull to the left. It's really bad on the 37's.

Jmo

To clarify, the 40" Nitto Trail Grapplers DO pull to the left. It's really bad on the 37's.

Thank you I will be buying coopers in 40”s then.

I have the 37 nitto trail graplers and can confirm the left pull is super bad. 3 shops said alignment is perfect.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you I will be buying coopers in 40”s then.

I have the 37 nitto trail graplers and can confirm the left pull is super bad. 3 shops said alignment is perfect.

It's called radial pull and it's due to the tread design. I didn't care for it much either.

WJCO

Meme King
I was on steep trails all day with rain and snow. Rocks and logs were slick. Twice it came to my mind how badass these tires were. They just stick.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was on steep trails all day with rain and snow. Rocks and logs were slick. Twice it came to my mind how badass these tires were. They just stick.

I got a chance to talk to the head engineer who developed this tire at SEMA. When I told him about how happy I was with it's ability to hook up on just about everything, he smiled big and said that a lot of hard work went into developing the silica compound they use and they're real proud of what they came up with. :yup:

WJCO

Meme King
I got a chance to talk to the head engineer who developed this tire at SEMA. When I told him about how happy I was with it's ability to hook up on just about everything, he smiled big and said that a lot of hard work went into developing the silica compound they use and they're real proud of what they came up with. :yup:

Well, I certainly believe in it. It's proven itself to me for sure as well. My next set will remain the same. And thank you for your honest reviews when they first came out, that certainly helped in my purchase decision.

jeeeep

Hooked
How are the Cooper tires on the freeway on long trips? I notice they're rated up to 100mph so constant 70 shouldn't cause any issue.

wondering about noise

I like the BFG KO2, they give me decent enough mileage with little to no noise but I'm close to needing new tires and will swap them out before I begin winter travel.

zimm

Caught the Bug
How are the Cooper tires on the freeway on long trips? I notice they're rated up to 100mph so constant 70 shouldn't cause any issue.

wondering about noise

I like the BFG KO2, they give me decent enough mileage with little to no noise but I'm close to needing new tires and will swap them out before I begin winter travel.

The wind is noisier than the tread at highway speeds. I ran 75mph for 5000 miles without issues on 37x13.5 SST's. I'm at 15,000 miles so far and they're holding up great. I did loose some rubber chunks in the slick rock, but I think all tires do that.

Ddays

Hooked
Mine have about 30,000 on them now and I'm still at half tread depth. They are now much louder than when new or newer. It's quieter with the hard top on but honestly I don't mind the noise.
Those engineers did a helluva job on this tire. There isn't one aspect of them that hasn't performed great, be it on road or off road. Rain, snow, mud, doesn't matter - it performs. Sure hope they leave it as is for a long time!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

wondering about noise

As mentioned, I'd have to say that wind noise is louder than the tires for me. They are also a bit more audible than the Toyos I was running before but nothing I would consider to be "loud". Freeway, long trips, speeds of 80 MPH (speed limit in parts of Nevada and Utah) or more - no problem.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
That is very awesome! I have been paying close attention to these tires because we're looking for new ones on the JK. I have been going back and forth between nittos, bfg's and the Coopers. I think I'm going to go with the Coopers. Not only for the great reviews they're getting on here but the price point is pretty decent compared to the bfgs. And I want to run 37's and don't want the hard pull to the left with the nittos. I love my mud Grapplers on my Dodge but I'm not putting them on the JK for a daily driver.

I was wondering how ever if you knew what the difference is between the Cooper stt pros and the Cooper MTP besides what you can find online? Any input would be appreciated!

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That is very awesome! I have been paying close attention to these tires because we're looking for new ones on the JK. I have been going back and forth between nittos, bfg's and the Coopers. I think I'm going to go with the Coopers. Not only for the great reviews they're getting on here but the price point is pretty decent compared to the bfgs. And I want to run 37's and don't want the hard pull to the left with the nittos. I love my mud Grapplers on my Dodge but I'm not putting them on the JK for a daily driver.

I was wondering how ever if you knew what the difference is between the Cooper stt pros and the Cooper MTP besides what you can find online? Any input would be appreciated!

Sorry, I don't have any experience with the MTP's.

jeeeep

Hooked
The wind is noisier than the tread at highway speeds. I ran 75mph for 5000 miles without issues on 37x13.5 SST's. I'm at 15,000 miles so far and they're holding up great. I did loose some rubber chunks in the slick rock, but I think all tires do that.

true on the chunking, the KO2 did the same thing. are you running spacers on the 13.5?

Mine have about 30,000 on them now and I'm still at half tread depth. They are now much louder than when new or newer. It's quieter with the hard top on but honestly I don't mind the noise.
Those engineers did a helluva job on this tire. There isn't one aspect of them that hasn't performed great, be it on road or off road. Rain, snow, mud, doesn't matter - it performs. Sure hope they leave it as is for a long time!

I usually have the hardtop on so that's good to hear. The KO2's have gotten noisier with wear, really don't notice it unless the windows are down and everything is off.

A neighbor has a set on his truck and I really don't hear them when he drives by. His previous MT announced his arrival far in advance lol this is partly the reason I'm considering them

As mentioned, I'd have to say that wind noise is louder than the tires for me. They are also a bit more audible than the Toyos I was running before but nothing I would consider to be "loud". Freeway, long trips, speeds of 80 MPH (speed limit in parts of Nevada and Utah) or more - no problem.

good deal...gotta love those 80mph speed limits :thumb: i'll push the speed limit as much as I can so it's good to hear they do well at the higher speeds

consensus seems to be they're audible but nothing like a normal MT

thanks for all the input

2011jk

Great tire air'd down only issue was 1 was out of round and another took 10oz's 35x12.5x15.
Cooper handled the warranty with Discount tire so painless to fix.

Update, both replacement tires out of spec...one takes 10.5 oz, one 5+.
Road force on one was 42lbs and the other is 38lbs.
Jeep dealer who balanced them confirmed its not the beadlock rims its the tires.

Since the LJ is more for tight trails and going to the post office I'm just going to live with it to big of a pain to deal with changing them out again.

Any chance he compared them to the Mastercraft? I️ know it’s the same company but the Courser mxt looks nearly identical with slightly different center blocks and are significantly cheaper.wonder how different the compound is. Having trouble deciding which way to go when I order tires in January.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Update, both replacement tires out of spec...one takes 10.5 oz, one 5+.
Road force on one was 42lbs and the other is 38lbs.
Jeep dealer who balanced them confirmed its not the beadlock rims its the tires.

Since the LJ is more for tight trails and going to the post office I'm just going to live with it to big of a pain to deal with changing them out again.
Hmmmmm....that sucks. That's alot of weight but what do ya do. Wonder if this is a common issue?

Top Bottom