Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Dcbjk's build thread and picture diary of D-day 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    JK= 1/2 inch.

JL= 14 mm.
    Thank WJCO thats good to know for future
    the guy at my tire shop said to go to carquest or O-Reillys and get new set of lug nuts with bigger flare so that they fit better on the wheels any advice on purchasing good quality new lug nuts will be appreciated as well
    Thabk you all for chiming in

Sent from my LG-US701 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    David (dcbjk)

Life is simple only thing that makes it complicated is human being (dcbjk)
    Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what you gonna get (forest gump)
    There are no shortcuts to a place worth going
    LIFE IS SIMPLE, ITS JUST NOT EASY

WANTED LIST:
    -EVO Rockstar Skids
    -Cooper STT pros 33s or 35s
    -EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger
    -Too MUCH

Looks great, David!

I just replaced both of my front unit bearings. The ones linked in Eddie’s writeup have short speed sensor wires. I have since learned there are bearings with longer wires. Just look up your year. If you still end up short, just re-route them, it’ll be fine.

I personally found the job itself fairly easy. I only had to buy the socket for the axle nut. I think it was 36mm, but double check the unit bearing writeup.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...ement-Write-Up
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

Quote Originally Posted by USMC Wrangler View Post
    Looks great, David!

I just replaced both of my front unit bearings. The ones linked in Eddie’s writeup have short speed sensor wires. I have since learned there are bearings with longer wires. Just look up your year. If you still end up short, just re-route them, it’ll be fine.

I personally found the job itself fairly easy. I only had to buy the socket for the axle nut. I think it was 36mm, but double check the unit bearing writeup.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...ement-Write-Up
    Thanks man I love em so far and thank you for the advice on the unit bearings

David (dcbjk)

Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what you gonna get (forest gump)

WANTED LIST:
    -EVO Rockstar Skids
    -Too MUCH

So I have a question for the Wayalife community what is a good lug nut solution to make it where the lug nuts properly seal onto the JL rubicon wheels.
    Any and all advice is much appreciated as im not finding much help within my research.
    And GO

David (dcbjk)

WANTED LIST:
    -EVO Rockstar Skids
    -Too MUCH

Hello all my wayalifers have missed yall so much, due to lack of time, no laptop and app issues, its been hard to make post.
    So enough of that D-day has been doing great I did finally get the unit bearing replaced and so far so good. I'm hoping thats the last of the problems for now haha.
    I have a few projects I'm looking to do in the coming years ahead.
    1- I found a guy Kev Creations on Facebook that makes custom solid wood shift knobs so I'm saving up for a pair of them just little something i wanted to do since my shift knob is partially broke figured I get something personalized and unique.

2- I'm gonna upgrade to some built up Rubicon Axles since I dont get to wheel much and upgrade driveshafts after that I'm thinking Adams 1310 I don't plan on going bigger than 35s if that happens.

3- I know everybodies opinions are very subjective on superchargers due to past experiences but I wanna give it a try. As bad as I would love to do a LS swap or diesel swap it would take me forever to save for one so thats why I wanted to try the supercharger. I'm looking into a RIPP so we shall see.

Well enough chattering heres a recent pic of D-day 2.0. Hopefully I can get this app issue fixed soon. Cheers to all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    David (dcbjk)

WANTED LIST:
    -EVO Rockstar Skids
    -Too MUCH

Quote Originally Posted by dcbjk View Post
    Hello all my wayalifers have missed yall so much, due to lack of time, no laptop and app issues, its been hard to make post.
    So enough of that D-day has been doing great I did finally get the unit bearing replaced and so far so good. I'm hoping thats the last of the problems for now haha.
    I have a few projects I'm looking to do in the coming years ahead.
    1- I found a guy Kev Creations on Facebook that makes custom solid wood shift knobs so I'm saving up for a pair of them just little something i wanted to do since my shift knob is partially broke figured I get something personalized and unique.

2- I'm gonna upgrade to some built up Rubicon Axles since I dont get to wheel much and upgrade driveshafts after that I'm thinking Adams 1310 I don't plan on going bigger than 35s if that happens.

3- I know everybodies opinions are very subjective on superchargers due to past experiences but I wanna give it a try. As bad as I would love to do a LS swap or diesel swap it would take me forever to save for one so thats why I wanted to try the supercharger. I'm looking into a RIPP so we shall see.

Well enough chattering heres a recent pic of D-day 2.0. Hopefully I can get this app issue fixed soon. Cheers to all.
    Check out the Exodus Jeeps YouTube channel for a supercharger update. Looks like there is a good possibility for the one Bubba is testing out.
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

Quote Originally Posted by USMC Wrangler View Post
    Check out the Exodus Jeeps YouTube channel for a supercharger update. Looks like there is a good possibility for the one Bubba is testing out.
    10-4 I’ll have to check it out and also great news thanks to the stimulus me and my wife have gotten some new phones IPhone 11 Pros so get ready cause I’m back jack. Hopefully lots more post and pics coming.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    David (dcbjk)

WANTED LIST:
    -EVO Rockstar Skids
    -Too MUCH

So I got a chance to finally visit my favorite photography spot for D-day some of the good ol social distancing hahaha enjoy the pics. Putting my new phone camera through its paces.
    IMG_0209.jpg
    IMG_0210.jpg
    IMG_0211.jpg
    Cheers everybody

David (dcbjk)

WANTED LIST:
    -EVO Rockstar Skids
    -Too MUCH

Dcbjk's build thread and picture diary of D-day 2.0

On this beautiful Saturday I decided to catch a good North Carolina sunset. Enjoy the pics tomorrow I start bog disking our lot final stage of prep before the house comes in.
    IMG_0233.jpg
    IMG_0234.jpg
    IMG_0236.jpg
    IMG_0237.jpg
    Cheers guys

David (dcbjk)

WANTED LIST:
    -EVO Rockstar Skids
    -Too MUCH

Quote Originally Posted by dcbjk View Post
    On this beautiful Saturday I decided to catch a good North Carolina sunset. Enjoy the pics tomorrow I start bog disking our lot final stage of prep before the house comes in.

Cheers guys
    Beautiful pics. Love that color. Take lots of pics of the house install and post them.
    "When the government fears the people, there is Liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast